• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it struck me as just using people as props for emotional manipulation which doesn't sit super well with me. I think the issue deserves being handled with a bit more tact than dozens of people getting hitched on live TV, but maybe I'm overthinking.

Perhaps the lack of tact is a good thing. Gay marriage really shouldn't be as big of a big deal as it is (or basically, only as big of a deal as heterosexual marriage), so treating it like the Grammy's did may be beneficial towards integrating it towards regular society.

RM8

I'll let my hipster aura engulf this thread, as I state my lack of interest for the Grammies 8)

I only watch quality TV like Freaky Eaters!

Caladrius

I'll let my hipster aura engulf this thread, as I state my lack of interest for the Grammies 8)

I only watch quality TV like Freaky Eaters!

None of the genres I like are exactly mass-market listening so I couldn't care less about 'em.

The grammys were tacky as shit. It was so embarrassing.

I don't know why the hell somebody would be willing to get married in front of thousands of people they don't know.

I can't even stand the thought of getting married in front of my nuclear family.

Grakl

Macklemore's songs are pretty terrible. I'm happy he acknowledges that the reason people are OK with him being a mainstream rapper is because he's white - otherwise I wouldn't like him at all.

RM8

I don't know why the hell somebody would be willing to get married in front of thousands of people they don't know.

I can't even stand the thought of getting married in front of my nuclear family.
I honestly don't fancy getting married, and I'd only do it if it means a lot to my partner. It'd be super modest and downright secretive, though :p

Nope. Super nice, on the football team, probably gay. I believe his dad was rated the second-most moderate Republican in congress before he retired?

Well, that's nice. I'd think most conservative politicians with gay kids are accepting of them behind closed-doors. (If they happen to be publicly anti-gay.) Or at least, I'd like to think they are.

mantidor

what? the grammys had some massive wedding ceremony? I guess if equality means getting trashy displays like that I'll support it, however it does feel opportunistic and not very sincere to be honest.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
what? the grammys had some massive wedding ceremony? I guess if equality means getting trashy displays like that I'll support it, however it does feel opportunistic and not very sincere to be honest.
I can appreciate the gesture of it but it does come off as super cheesy, to be honest. I mean... married at the Grammys? Really? Haha. but nice sentiment :p

daripad

I honestly don't fancy getting married, and I'd only do it if it means a lot to my partner. It'd be super modest and downright secretive, though :p
Are you disgusted at the thought of marriage or is it just that it doesn't mean anything to you?

Caladrius

Are you disgusted at the thought of marriage or is it just that it doesn't mean anything to you?

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't attach much sentiment.

Which I can empathize with, considering the only two people I've talked to for more than 5 minutes who had a stable marriage are currently dead and widowed respectively.
They were my Grandma's parents.

RM8

Latter. I've seen successful marriages, and train wreck marriages. It's just that it doesn't mean anything to me, and I think new couples would be wiser by spending that money elsewhere. Again, I wouldn't oppose if my partner really wants to do it, but even then I'd like it to be very simple and unpretentious.

daripad

In my opinion the act of marriage starts the time to form a family, which would bea huge decision as it comes with responsabilities and sacrifices but it represents for me the time to get seripus wih the relationship.

As I said, is just my opinion, I'm fine with people not giving a fuck about marriage but for some people it could symbolize a milestone. Specially for people who want to have kids.

Grakl

You can be romantic even before being a couple :p

I am romantic, and I'm not married to my boyfriend, but the idea of marriage is still romantic. It's not like if I consider marriage to be romantic, then it's the only thing that is romantic. Huh?

(basically I don't know why you're telling me this)

daripad

I am romantic, and I'm not married to my boyfriend, but the idea of marriage is still romantic. It's not like if I consider marriage to be romantic, then it's the only thing that is romantic. Huh?

(basically I don't know why you're telling me this)

And I don't know why I'm still posting about relationships when I haven't even had any experience with dating, I haven't even tried it.

Let's talk about other stuff. I don't even know what to talk about. I don't watch TV :/

Grakl

And I don't know why I'm still posting about relationships when I haven't even had any experience with dating, I haven't even tried it.

Let's talk about other stuff. I don't even know what to talk about. I don't watch TV :/

I'm not trying to give you a hard time :p

Talk about Pokeymans or something.

#1 Pokemon is Charmeleon or Lucario
#2 Pokemin is Lucario or Charmeleon
the rest are pretty cool

daripad

I'm not trying to give you a hard time :p

Talk about Pokeymans or something.

#1 Pokemon is Charmeleon or Lucario
#2 Pokemin is Lucario or Charmeleon
the rest are pretty cool

Wow we finally agree on something.

For me Galvantula would be third, Gliscor fourth and Shiny Rayquaza fifth.

Oh and Hi Cristopher

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I have no idea what that means. ._.

big/average/small

Hey everyone

Hi. Glad you didn't leave on that ill cruise ship!

Latter. I've seen successful marriages, and train wreck marriages. It's just that it doesn't mean anything to me, and I think new couples would be wiser by spending that money elsewhere. Again, I wouldn't oppose if my partner really wants to do it, but even then I'd like it to be very simple and unpretentious.

Same. I can't stand the typical extravagant self indulgent pomp of most weddings. If my SO really wanted to get married, I'd agree (to a small simple one), but it's not something I'd pursue on my own.

EDIT: The grammys were tacky as shit. It was so embarrassing.
The only major award show I cannot sit through. I can feel the akwardness oozing through the TV.

(I mean in general. I thought the marriage idea was cute, though I've only seen a few gifs of it so I have no idea how it played out.)

Someone I went to college with ended up on those tumblrs that take candids of hot guys in NYC subways.

lG474K5.jpg
Goddamn. Did you want to tap that? Or vice-versa.

He's cute.

fernoca

Hi. Where are my shirtless pics Christopher?

Re: Grammys
The marriage thing was weird but cool and cute at the same time. Lewis/Macklemore's song is good. The video is great.

fernoca

Yes!!! Thanks! XD
Hehehe...Wrote that post joking as I was leaving work...at 1AM. :p

I'd like a body like that. Can't get 1lb no matter how much I eat, diet, gym...gave up a few years ago. Considering trying again during this year.

Thats the only one Ive taken in awhile taking family on vaca maybe more soon haha

I know there's another thread for asking this, but what the hell.

Do you stick to a particular calorie intake/specific foods to gain? Been working on gaining mass for a while now, and protein shakes and chipotle burritos are becoming a staple for me.

Christopher

I know there's another thread for asking this, but what the hell.

Do you stick to a particular calorie intake/specific foods to gain? Been working on gaining mass for a while now, and protein shakes and chipotle burritos are becoming a staple for me.

Grilled chicken, and Monster Milk I use to take

Grizzo

way to generalize

Yeah, that's one of those preconceived ideas that get thrown around a lot and which I never really understood. Unless we're talking about that kind of gamer (but in any case, he's more like a hardcore nerd than anything else).

And I never ever thought saying someone look good was likened to being thirsty. So I guess we gotta be careful with our compliments, haha.

Caladrius

way to generalize

Yeah, that's one of those preconceived ideas that get thrown around a lot and which I never really understood. Unless we're talking about that kind of gamer (but in any case, he's more like a hardcore nerd than anything else).

And I never ever thought saying someone look good was likened to being thirsty. So I guess we gotta be careful with our compliments, haha.

Mercy forbid I make a cheap joke. I didn't magically forget all the sexually active people in the thread and the fact that at least half of GAF is well into their 20's or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom