• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n004dr9zAV1qa9vqgo2_250.gif

amazing

These Tom Daley gifs are killing me.

RM8

^ Oh, absolutely :p

I've always wanted to have a swimmer-like body. Just not enough to do something about it, I guess :p I get to swim like twice a year. I'd need to gain quite a bit of weight and work out a lot.

alvmew

So GayGAF, today I uh.... uhh....
sucked a guy off. The first thing I've ever done with a guy ever. And it was.... awesome. o.o

Those tattoos though :/

Tom is hotter anyway

He'd be perfect without the sleeve on his right arm, dig the tattoos otherwise.

And Tom is definitely hotter.

Yo, did we play against each other in competitive Nuke on CS:GO last night? Or is that a common name?
It wasn't me I'm afraid as I haven't played Counterstrike in quite awhile (primarily because I'm terrible at it). The username is in reference to Breaking Bad and, as a result, has gradually become more widespread.

Holy crap. Just manage to survive an attack by 2 blood dragons in Skyrim. Funniest part was when the second one died on top of the first one's skeleton and they started rolling down a hill. Helped that I had a horse helping me.

This was with as an Archer wearing only light armor. Used up all my cure potions.

alvmew

So GayGAF, today I uh.... uhh....
sucked a guy off. The first thing I've ever done with a guy ever. And it was.... awesome. o.o

Well. Not to make this place my Livejournal or anything but:

I'm a whore. :< Met up with a different guy later that same night, aka last night, and we kinda sorta did it (yes I was safe, not looking to die anytime soon lol). And now I definitely know I'm gay. Woohoo! (?)

daripad

So one of my sister's exboyfriends might be gay (I'm pretty sure he is due to.somehing I saw today). He and my sister are homosexuals and they were dating, lol this world is very strange. It was somewhat an awkward relationship because she kept it a secret which is weird because he was the most decent one she has had lol.

Rayis

Tattoos are ok as long as they don't cover vital parts of the body, If you have a beautiful torso and is all covered with tats it is kind of a turn off tbh, the guy Daley is staring at is about my limit of tattoo tolerance, he's hot!

fernoca

That picture from the article posted earlier about 'Looking', was ..nice. After how things ended last night; I want to see more Raul Castillo!!! (in pink-ish shirt)
Overall I still like it. The only thing I hate is that each episode is under 25 minutes. What a cock-tease.

While I may agree with some aspects of said article, I think it's over-analyzing things too much..too early. There's no need for "enemies", there's no need to fill check-boxes with (even more?) cliches just to please some or even fall more into stereotypes. It may appear boring because the episodes are supposed to be like sneak peeks at their current/ordinary lives as a way to get to know them more. As episodes and hopefully seasons go by, we will have a better idea and understanding about the characters and how they grow up.

In the worse case scenario, it would end just as "that gay series that I watch, because there's nothing else similar". Kinda reminds me of the movie 'Weekend', same tone and concept; yet hated by many because "it was boring". (EDIT: Just found out, is the same director of 'Weekend'..haha..awesome :) )

I'm a whore. :< Met up with a different guy later that same night, aka last night, and we kinda sorta did it (yes I was safe, not looking to die anytime soon lol). And now I definitely know I'm gay. Woohoo! (?)

Congratulations (I assume?) on settling upon your sexual orientation. I am somewhat curious, if you don't mind, as to why you met up with a different guy rather than just doing it all with the first? I assume you were too hesitant with the first, initially, and after your encounter concluded and was something you enjoyed you were confident enough to go all of the way? Regardless, it's good to see that you had enjoyable experiences.

Bladenic

That picture from the article posted earlier about 'Looking', was ..nice. After how things ended last night; I want to see more Raul Castillo!!! (in pink-ish shirt)

Overall I still like it. The only thing I hate is that each episode is under 25 minutes. What a cock-tease.

While I may agree with some aspects of said article, I think it's over-analyzing things too much..too early. There's no need for "enemies", there's no need to fill check-boxes with (even more?) cliches just to please some or even fall more into stereotypes. It may appear boring because the episodes are supposed to be like sneak peeks at their current/ordinary lives as a way to get to know them more. As episodes and hopefully seasons go by, we will have a better idea and understanding about the characters and how they grow up.

In the worse case scenario, it would end just as "that gay series that I watch, because there's nothing else similar". Kinda reminds me of the movie 'Weekend', same tone and concept; yet hated by many because "it was boring". (EDIT: Just found out, is the same director of 'Weekend'..haha..awesome :) )

Unfortunately the premiere got shit ratings and it probably won't be renewed. Which sucks as I too am enjoying it thus far.

I loved Weekend too. Thought it was an incredibly moving and private look into the lives of two men.

fernoca

Unfortunately the premiere got shit ratings and it probably won't be renewed. Which sucks as I too am enjoying it thus far.

I loved Weekend too. Thought it was an incredibly moving and private look into the lives of two men.
Hopefully numbers will pick up with time. Seems the first episode ended with around 600k viewers (300k in the debut) and was compared to the debut of Girls...which was renewed for a 4th season and now averages 3 million viewers.

Bladenic

Hopefully numbers will pick up with time. Seems the first episode ended with around 600k viewers (300k in the debut) and was compared to the debut of Girls...which was renewed for a 4th season and now averages 3 million viewers.

We'll see, I certainly hope it will be renewed.

ivysaur12

Banned
Someone I went to college with ended up on those tumblrs that take candids of hot guys in NYC subways.

lG474K5.jpg

His dad is a republican congressman (!)

How am I supposed to start an extremely random conversation with a guy on Facebook? Just asking

Depends, random in what way? Do you mean with regards to the subject matter or it being 'out of the blue'? Assuming the latter, try and strike up a conversation based upon a shared interest (e.g. "Hey! I noticed you like 'Hannibal' [as an example], did you see the knew trailer?" and continue on from there). Don't come across too strongly, just be casual, and friendly.

EDIT: As a by the way, I broke it off with the first guy (who I met on Facebook). I'll probably continue to see the latter.

alvmew

Congratulations (I assume?) on settling upon your sexual orientation. I am somewhat curious, if you don't mind, as to why you met up with a different guy rather than just doing it all with the first? I assume you were too hesitant with the first, initially, and after your encounter concluded and was something you enjoyed you were confident enough to go all of the way? Regardless, it's good to see that you had enjoyable experiences.

No worries, glad to answer. Second guy kept being really hesitant about meeting up, canceling at the last minute, etc. First guy wasn't interested in anything other than what we did and I definitely felt a confidence boost after that. Second guy ended up reaching out to me and finally committed to meeting up, and then yeah....

So in other words, I'm a dirty whore. Lol(?) But that's okay. I stayed safe, enjoyed it, and helped me feel more comfortable with myself to the point where...

....I used that confidence to come out to my best friend today. Took it better than I could have ever dreamed. Best 24 hours ever. Lol.

Grizzo

Disney introduced a same sex couple on Good Luck Charlie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoEBdCsrOVs

I know Disney shows are supposed to be cheesy, but that little girl's acting is really awful (when she says "yeah"), haha. Other than that, it may appears to be a trivial thing but actually, I think it's saying a lot about how far we've come ! It warms my heart :)

Edit : And OF COURSE those dumbasses at OneMillionMoms have something to say on the matter. But anyway who cares. They're not as important as they think they are.

btkadams

No worries, glad to answer. Second guy kept being really hesitant about meeting up, canceling at the last minute, etc. First guy wasn't interested in anything other than what we did and I definitely felt a confidence boost after that. Second guy ended up reaching out to me and finally committed to meeting up, and then yeah....

So in other words, I'm a dirty whore. Lol(?) But that's okay. I stayed safe, enjoyed it, and helped me feel more comfortable with myself to the point where...

....I used that confidence to come out to my best friend today. Took it better than I could have ever dreamed. Best 24 hours ever. Lol.

congrats! is he the only person you're out to? that's a huge step. i'm glad it went well for you!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

were they b/a/s?

Lol did anyone else catch all the salt over the Grammy's Same Love/wedding segment?

Link

Wait, they performed 33 actual gay marriages during the 'Same Love' Grammy performance? Really? How tacky.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait, they performed 33 actual gay marriages during the 'Same Love' Grammy performance? Really? How tacky.

Tacky for you, amazing for me. Married by Queen Latifah? I'd do it.

Meanwhile:
Huff Post said:
Dalton Glasscock (@dglasscock)

My sides at that Twitter username. The irony on that bigotry.

royalan

I posted my thoughts on that Macklemore performance in PopGAF (aka The Other Gay GAF) earlier:

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not I'm offended by that Macklemore performance. I guess I understand the intent, but I don't think having a dozen gay couples get married on-stage for some hokey straight dude's Grammy performance will ring as "noble" to very many people. I think the takeaway for most people will be that gay marriage is trivial.

Then again, maybe the trivialization of gay marriage is the point.

ibvbWE6rT7rVdD.gif

alvmew

congrats! is he the only person you're out to? that's a huge step. i'm glad it went well for you!

Thanks! He is. Probably going to wait a bit until I come out to my mother and step-dad (as I don't know how they'll take it and would rather be financially secure and all in case it doesnt go all that well) but just glad to be out to someone! :)

were they b/a/s?

I have no idea what that means. ._.

Casanova

I've started using the apps on iOS to talk to some men around here - there are a surprising amount of men who are interested in other men around here. If anything, I'm using it to open/oil up my closet door a bit more- that thing was getting creaky. .

Mr. F

Banned
I posted my thoughts on that Macklemore performance in PopGAF (aka The Other Gay GAF) earlier:

Yeah, it struck me as just using people as props for emotional manipulation which doesn't sit super well with me. I think the issue deserves being handled with a bit more tact than dozens of people getting hitched on live TV, but maybe I'm overthinking.

Grizzo

Yeah, it struck me as just using people as props for emotional manipulation which doesn't sit super well with me. I think the issue deserves being handled with a bit more tact than dozens of people getting hitched on live TV, but maybe I'm overthinking.

Manipulative or not, it feels good to have a mainstream rapper reppin' us, even though he's not "one of us".

Though I would agree with both of you that this performance felt too cheesy, even grandiloquent at times. But I don't know... in this day and age, I'd gladly take every babysteps towards acceptance. It's about time we try to eradicate all kind of prejudices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom