• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvmew

Congratulations, very happy for you. :)

that's awesome! congratulations!

That's great! :D

Congrats alvmew! That's awesome.

Congrats! <3

congrats man!

Congrats!

tumblr_lqqv4pM7331qk8vbb.gif

Has anyone seen him in That Awkward Moment yet?
Butt. Body. Amazing.

So I drunkedly admitted my biness at a party and on a thread last night

Feels good man

Congrats! :)

No water?

This. We are so thirsty in this thread, I would've thought water
or a guy, sure
would be on a survival list.

#teamthirstisreal

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
A little call from Ireland, about homophobia today

Ireland's in a funny place at the moment. We're having a referendum on same sex marriage next year (which I'm pretty confident will pass :)), but the whole thing has blown up in a nasty way in the last few weeks. The drag artist in the video was censored on TV and legal action threatened, money paid to right-wing conservative/Catholic groups as compensation...and as a result, we've been having a really messy public debate about what homophobia is and who should be allowed identify it. I thought this speech was really good, though, and might have relevance for a broader audience beyond Ireland.

I am worried, though, about just how messy this debate is going to get in the next 12 months...

Grizzo

A little call from Ireland, about homophobia today

Ireland's in a funny place at the moment. We're having a referendum on same sex marriage next year (which I'm pretty confident will pass :)), but the whole thing has blown up in a nasty way in the last few weeks. The drag artist in the video was censored on TV and legal action threatened, and we've been having a really messy public debate about what homophobia is and who should be allowed identify it. I thought this speech was really good, though, and might have relevance for a broader audience beyond Ireland.

I am worried, though, about just how messy this debate is going to get in the next 12 months...

We just went through something like that last year in France. And even after gay marriage was legalized, people kept complaining about it. There was a demonstration of religious zealots today in Paris. They want the withdrawal of gay marriage and adoptions for homosexuals. Fortunately, it was not going as strong as it would have 14 months ago. But still, it gets on my nerves.

So all I'm trying to say is hang on! Things are bound to get better in your country just like in mine. Or at least, I hope so.

daripad

you know what FUCK phones I am so done right now i'm buying games instead fuck this

Buy clothes instead :p
or save more for the phone?

Want to switch places? we have some of the best food in the city and a big LGBT community.
Oh yes. We have a tropical weather here, you'll enjoy it. It rains oftenly but it just happens on certain seasons. There are beaches here though they are not as food as in other regions of Mexico. You may be a victim of floods though but if you stay at my place you won't. We have good variety of food here, specially sea food and fruits and it is very nice even if Rm88 denies it. Not a very good LGBT community and people is still not accepting homosexuality yet.

RM8

Sadly not all countries are moving forward, not even slowly. It genuinely shocks me when I learn about countries actually going backwards, like India and Russia.

you know what FUCK phones I am so done right now i'm buying games instead fuck this
Go buy a phone. This is not 2007, you caveman.

specially sea food and fruits and it is very nice even if Rm88 denies it
I'd love going to south Mexico to pig out on seafood, actually! But we have plenty of great seafood places in Mexico City too.

Go buy a phone. This is not 2007, you caveman.
lol, I just ordered a used HTC Thunderbolt for $60 on Amazon. It was a pain in the ass to get my brother to use his amazon account, since he kept saying "He doesn't deserve it" and "You don't need one" My Mom is going to give him the money later, I'm still shocked I convinced her since my parents haven't bought me any electronics since 2009 or 2010.

Can you make phonecalls through wifi?
No, but tbh I'm not going to use it as a phone, mostly as a media player and also a tumblr and flappy bird machine. My reasoning was that last time I bought an MP3, it was 40 dollars and it was a piece of plastic crap, so I decided to look around for Smartphones and find a cheap one. My first choice was an iPhone 3GS, but then I learned that it was really outdated and thus I looked around for an iPhone 4 but I had no luck. I ended up finding the HTC on Amazon and decided that 60 dollars was a good price for it. It might seem like a stupid thing to do but idk i'm satisfied.

I also can't wait to take selfies with my best friends in class

i forgot about grindr

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No, but tbh I'm not going to use it as a phone, mostly as a media player and also a tumblr and flappy bird machine. My reasoning was that last time I bought an MP3, it was 40 dollars and it was a piece of plastic crap, so I decided to look around for Smartphones and find a cheap one. My first choice was an iPhone 3GS, but then I learned that it was really outdated and thus I looked around for an iPhone 4 but I had no luck. I ended up finding the HTC on Amazon and decided that 60 dollars was a good price for it. It might seem like a stupid thing to do but idk i'm satisfied.

I also can't wait to take selfies with my best friends in class

i forgot about grindr

Ah, that's makes sense.

Caladrius

My parents forced me to buy a new phone about a year or two ago. I had the same phone for about 4 years at that point.

The rest of my family has bought at least 2-3 each in the same amount of time. And my sister has broken 4.

3 of them got dropped on the ground and the fourth got dropped in the toilet.

i forgot about grindr

Prepare to see more penis pictures than you have ever seen in your life as you fend yourself against the zombie-like, endless horde of males triple your age.

No offense intended to those who are in their senior years in this thread, but being young on Grindr, in my experience at least, leads to an endless armada of senior citizens beligerently sending constant streams of messages.

Oh and on that note Gaydar is pretty good too since a premium membership is offered to students up to the age of 23 while the profiles are more detailed; there don't appear to be as many people on it in my vicinity though admittedly.

You can download apps over wifi.

Though
grindr
is not for now. #teamresponsibleadult

Also I've never used it. Only Ok Cupid sometimes.

My parents forced me to buy a new phone about a year or two ago. I had the same phone for about 4 years at that point.

The rest of my family has bought at least 2-3 each in the same amount of time. And my sister has broken 4.

that's crazy, did she buy all 4 of them at full price?
Prepare to see more penis pictures than you have ever seen in your life as you fend yourself against the zombie-like, endless horde of males triple your age.

No offense intended to those who are in their senior years in this thread, but being young on Grindr, in my experience at least, leads to an endless armada of senior citizens beligerently sending constant streams of messages.

Oh and on that note Gaydar is pretty good too since a premium membership is offered to students up to the age of 23 while the profiles are more detailed; there don't appear to be as many people on it in my vicinity though admittedly.
are any of them sugar daddies
You can download apps over wifi.

Though
grindr
is not for now. #teamresponsibleadult

Also I've never used it. Only Ok Cupid sometimes.
I wouldn't really download Grindr
yet

daripad

You are me haha

Basically just had one of those phones that were rock solid and never stopped working. Then my father insisted that I should get a smartphone etc, etc. I got mine and it has been great, I've been using it a lot and proved to be useful for me. The only thing I hate about them is the poor battery life (which doesn't seem to improve over the years).

My sister has lost her phones. She just lost two of them in January. And my father and his wife have had like 3 of them while I still have mine around. I need to change it though, I don't like the camera and the keyboard doesn't work frequently.

I'm not using dating apps though, in fact I think I'll never use any of them.

are any of them sugar daddies

Well...there are certainly daddies anyway.

EDIT: Daripad, Speaking merely for Grindr, it's not so much a dating app as it is a hookup app (although it can also serve the function of seeing if anybody you know [not a specific individual, and their absense doesn't indicate that they're not, of course] is most likely gay).

Caladrius

I'm not in a position to actually go out to gay locales and meet men but dating apps sound very unappealing to me. My first and only relationship was a long distance one that didn't go anywhere. The distance of that one was extreme but I'm afraid of being left hanging or that I get rejected after false hope.

that's crazy, did she buy all 4 of them at full price?

Our carrier has this weird thing where upgrades are shared throughout all the accounts. We just used leftover upgrades (including mine) in order to replace the phones, with one or two exceptions.

You are me haha

Basically just had one of those phones that were rock solid and never stopped working. Then my father insisted that I should get a smartphone etc, etc. I got mine and it has been great, I've been using it a lot and proved to be useful for me. The only thing I hate about them is the poor battery life (which doesn't seem to improve over the years).

My sister has lost her phones. She just lost two of them in January. And my father and his wife have had like 3 of them while I still have mine around. I need to change it though, I don't like the camera and the keyboard doesn't work frequently.

I'm not using dating apps though, in fact I think I'll never use any of them.

I am a shadow, after all.

I don't know if you're using iOS or Android (which I use), but I noticed that if you obsessively close apps as soon as you're done with them it can save a lot on battery life. And browser/GPS apps chew your battery power up like crazy. My phone dies within 2 hours if I try to use GAF for that long. Everything else works efficiently though.

RM8

Losing or dropping phones is a foreign concept to me, you barbarians :mad: Also Grindr is super lame. So many duckfaces.

RM8

These are my boys:

iPhone 5C: Welp, I ended up getting one again :p I sold the last one mostly because I got a pretty nice profit, I'm a capitalist pig.

Xperia SP: This is such a superb mid-ranger, plus it looks fantastic in red. The huge led is lovely, and I assign different colors to different notifications (green for Whatsapp, blue for Facebook, etc.)

Lumia 800: This was my first smartphone, actually. I still think it's the best looking phone ever made, such a shame it's stuck in WP7. Not that WP8 has a vastly superior app ecosystem :p

alvmew

Well...there are certainly daddies anyway.

EDIT: Daripad, Speaking merely for Grindr, it's not so much a dating app as it is a hookup app (although it can also serve the function of seeing if anybody you know [not a specific individual, and their absense doesn't indicate that they're not, of course] is most likely gay).

That is a good 60-70% of the reason I went and downloaded it. Lol.

Losing or dropping phones is a foreign concept to me, you barbarians :mad: Also Grindr is super lame. So many duckfaces.

I've never lost a phone, but I drop my phone constantly, super clumsy. Have yet to break though!

daripad

My sister once left her phone outside of the house at night on a
rainy day. My dogs played with the phone in the rain, biting and destroying it.
We found it the.next day covered in mud. The phone surely didn't survive, it was complewly destroyed and wet. She used her hair dryier on it then charged and it worked wonderfully lol

I'm not in a position to actually go out to gay locales and meet men but dating apps sound very unappealing to me. My first and only relationship was a long distance one that didn't go anywhere. The distance of that one was extreme but I'm afraid of being left hanging or that I get rejected after false hope.

Our carrier has this weird thing where upgrades are shared throughout all the accounts. We just used leftover upgrades (including mine) in order to replace the phones, with one or two exceptions.

I am a shadow, after all.

I don't know if you're using iOS or Android (which I use), but I noticed that if you obsessively close apps as soon as you're done with them it can save a lot on battery life. And browser/GPS apps chew your battery power up like crazy. My phone dies within 2 hours if I try to use GAF for that long. Everything else works efficiently though.

Hey that's how my family gets their phones too lol I use Android, my phone actually costed me 9 pesos due to that. Yeah, gaf makes it last almost three hours but even if I don't use it the whole day it still can't make it through the whole day.

And I'm sorry about your dating life, though IIRC you are still very young so you still have a lot to live.

Yeah, but they would some people would know I'm gay and my family would eventually know.

So it just works for having sex? Ok I don't feel the need of downloading it nowthat I know about it. I'm not attracted by the idea of hook ups and one night stands.

Yeah, but they would some people would know I'm gay and my family would eventually know.

So it just works for having sex? Ok I don't feel the need of downloading it nowthat I know about it. I'm not attracted by the idea of hook ups and one night stands.
Well you can leave your profile blank and merely browse but that is certainly a valid concern. Regarding working for just having sex, maybe it's different in other locations (since it's location based) but from where I am the vast majority of people are looking for either fuck-buddies or "NSA" ("No Strings Attached" which took me far too long to figure out). That isn't to say nobody wants a relationship but it, by my residence, is very much a minority.

Alm, that's why I downloaded it too. I ended up discovering three of my friends were gay.

alvmew

Well you can leave your profile blank and merely browse but that is certainly a valid concern. Regarding working for just having sex, maybe it's different in other locations (since it's location based) but from where I am the vast majority of people are looking for either fuck-buddies or "NSA" ("No Strings Attached" which took me far too long to figure out). That isn't to say nobody wants a relationship but it, by my residence, is very much a minority.

Alm, that's why I downloaded it too. I ended up discovering three of my friends were gay.

Lucky you - I have yet to find a single person I know on the damn thing. </3 Lol.

And its like that here too. I've seen maybe one or two profiles mention wanting just friends, everyone else is direct about wanting the D, or are all discrete about it but obviously just looking for the physical stuff.

daripad

I may try it someday but not right now. I don't think many people here uses the app so I won't find anyone I know.

Oh guys, Domhnall Gleeson is so cute, I saw "About Time" twice this week and he looks adorable there. The movie is too cheesy but he is so handsome that I didn't care and enjoyed it. He was one of Ron Weasley's brother in the Harry Potter movies IIRC.

Caladrius

Hey that's how my family gets their phones too lol I use Android, my phone actually costed me 9 pesos due to that. Yeah, gaf makes it last almost three hours but even if I don't use it the whole day it still can't make it through the whole day.

And I'm sorry about your dating life, though IIRC you are still very young so you still have a lot to live.

Mine usually lasts about 2-4 days but I'm 3 feet from a computer 90% of the time (My room is small) so I barely need to use it.

And I'm not too bent up about not dating. Considering the circumstances a relationship would just be a breeding ground for emotional dependency.

lol I don't think I would be interested in sizes that big. Big dicks do nothing for me.

If it can poke a hole straight through me I want none of that business.

These are my boys:

iPhone 5C: Welp, I ended up getting one again :p I sold the last one mostly because I got a pretty nice profit, I'm a capitalist pig.

Xperia SP: This is such a superb mid-ranger, plus it looks fantastic in red. The huge led is lovely, and I assign different colors to different notifications (green for Whatsapp, blue for Facebook, etc.)

Lumia 800: This was my first smartphone, actually. I still think it's the best looking phone ever made, such a shame it's stuck in WP7. Not that WP8 has a vastly superior app ecosystem :p
Nokia Lumias are sooo pretty i wanted one so bad but the one i could get didn't have a front camera :(

RM8

I actually think WP is pretty awesome, and I hope it makes a big comeback apps-wise. Because it truly has no apps :x

fernoca

Been busy over the last days. 12 hours shift on Friday, to then hang out with a friend, to come over to sleep, get up and go back to work, for another 8 hours, to sleep 4 more hours to get early to hang out with a groups of friends for around 12 hours walking and going to a cave; then to watch a movie (I,Frankestein)..and now I'm back.

Sorry for been late about this...
Wahh! Like 200 shades of red, but I'll just post one. I don't want to disobey the rules on the first page of the thread :] Here goes o_o

ktACLnG.jpg

I also hope it was a serious request because I'm shy and I'll also look like an idiot if it wasn't HAHA

Thanks!! I'm gay! :)

MOAR!! Damn you look good! XD
And while I wasn't actually serious (in the sense that I usually say similar things to guys that post pictures around here and wasn't actually demanding "more pictures now or else!!")...I appreciate the pictures. Hehehe.. more pictures of every guy/girl around here are always welcome. And good looking guys like you shouldn't be shy.
Well, half-serious... no need to look like an idiot..hahaha..

And..
Re: Phones
Been using a Galaxy S Blaze over the last 2 years. Just ordered a new screen protector and clear case, planning on rocking it for at least 3-4 ore months. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom