• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely partial to taller guys, but I never let my preferences be a deal breaker, because I'm one of those cheesy hippies who thinks anyone with a beautiful heart is attractive, despite how tall or tanned they are. :)

I went to Vegas with two of my girl friends (both are GAF members :D) and this guy I met there asked me why I was friends with him. He was like "don't you think they're competition?"

...... I couldn't. :I

Grakl

I'm definitely partial to taller guys, but I never let my preferences be a deal breaker, because I'm one of those cheesy hippies who thinks anyone with a beautiful heart is attractive, despite how tall or tanned they are. :)

I went to Vegas with two of my girl friends (both are GAF members :D) and this guy I met there asked me why I was friends with him. He was like "don't you think they're competition?"

...... I couldn't. :I

What does this mean?

I know it sorta had nothing to do with anything I'm sorry :( it was just something that came to mind cause it confused me so much LOL

Sorry about what? it mattered to you so you shared it.

I can understand your confusion since well you're not straight and they were friends of yours lol.

daripad

I want to be a Yoshi Plushie again but my internet connection won't work *sighs* At least January hasn't finished yet lol but I don't want to scare people away from my posts anymore :p

Btw does anyone know if Pikmin plushies are a thing? I need one, they are so adorable
I actually shed a tear yeaterday when 80 of them died with the final boss, poor little things :'(

Grakl

I want to be a Yoshi Plushie again but my internet connection won't work *sighs* At least January hasn't finished yet lol but I don't want to scare people away from my posts anymore :p

Btw does anyone know if Pikmin plushies are a thing? I need one, they are so adorable
I actually shed a tear yeaterday when 80 of them died with the final boss, poor little things :'(

I don't think you want to be a plushie.

Grizzo

Yes, these do exist !

pikmin.jpg

Here

Mr. F

Banned

They exist, my boyfriend got me a blue one for Christmas.

Edit; Beaten.

Sorry about what? it mattered to you so you shared it.

I can understand your confusion since well you're not straight and they were friends of yours lol.
Haha thanks :) I appreciate it.

Yeah it was.. Really confusing LOL! I think over-apologizing might be one of those Canadian traits I have.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thanks, Ratsky. Turned it up when looking through Tolkien universe art: http://mattstewartartblog.blogspot.ca/2013/01/luthien-tinuviel.html

That's some really cool art. Reminds me of Yoshitaka Amano's stuff a little bit.

We celebrated St. Patricks day for the first time last year. Well we celebrated the day before. My mom came down to visit us in Dublin and we got so drunk that we couldn't make it to the parade due to a hangover...good times.

You guys got drunk with your mom? lol cool mom

I've read some really interesting stuff that suggest that the more older male siblings you have, the chances of you being homosexual increases by 30% for each older male sibling - and the stats are surprisingly accurate - something something the female body naturally rejects an amount of male developmental hormones during pregnancy, and becomes better at rejecting them the more sons she has, because the research was only consistent in male children.. This suggests that the mother's hormone levels play a huge role in determining the sexuality potential of a child, though it has not exactly been pinpointed yet - figures just back this theory, exponentially.

I've read about this before, but it just struck me that I've never heard about this sort of thing with girl babies/lesbians. Is that a thing too?

Grakl our favorite digimon was confirmes today for smash! Those mewtwo beggers are still salty lol

lame

Btw does anyone know if Pikmin plushies are a thing?

F33Elby.gif

btkadams

i'm going to miss RPJ. i never posted in that thread, but it's really cool to see what people look like on gaf, especially gaygaf.

people should post more pics of themselves (if they're comfortable of course) in here!

mantidor

You guys got drunk with your mom? lol cool mom

Is this odd? I drink with my parents all the time. I get drunk all the time with them too, well, used to when I lived with them. That did lead to my coming out story which is awful though heh

Maybe it's really not a good idea to drink with parents, at least until you are out with them :p

Sai-kun

Banned
I've never had more than a single celebratory drink with my parents, and I would never even dream of getting drunk with them. My dad doesn't drink, and my mom only drinks to go with a meal or snack.

Also I think it would probably weird them out how much alcohol it takes to get me drunk. Awkward.

btkadams

i have wine with my parents maybe once/week. it's usually not enough for anyone but my mother (lightweight) to get drunk, but there are occasions where we all have a bit too much. i really enjoy having drinks with them.

Go to sleep for a few hours and suddenly thread is two pages more. I say we make it a rule that the page can't update while I'm sleeping :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Is this odd? I drink with my parents all the time. I get drunk all the time with them too, well, used to when I lived with them. That did lead to my coming out story which is awful though heh

Maybe it's really not a good idea to drink with parents, at least until you are out with them :p

My parents believe getting drunk is a terrible sin so I certainly don't do it with them. They do occasionally drink a bit of wine with their meals, but I always decline to drink with them because it feels extremely weird.

i have wine with my parents maybe once/week. it's usually not enough for anyone but my mother (lightweight) to get drunk, but there are occasions where we all have a bit too much. i really enjoy having drinks with them.
I live in an Italian family, so I've drank with my parents quite a few times.. But the problem is that I'M the lightweight :'(

cant be a ratchet even if I wanted to.

bsej87

I live in an Italian family, so I've drank with my parents quite a few times.. But the problem is that I'M the lightweight :'(

cant be a ratchet even if I wanted to.

Yea, Italian-American here and it'd feel weird if there was a family gathering where everyone left sober

Yea, Italian-American here and it'd feel weird if there was a family gathering where everyone left sober

Exactly! LOL I'm Italian-Canadian and it's kinda the same deal. Nobody leaves completely trashed in my family, but they all have had at least a glass or two of wine.

Just one for me though.. Because I suck :'( LOL

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just want to share:

Apparently in my country they're airing a TV show called "That's My Tomboy". It's basically a contest on being the most talented and handsome lesbian (and some actually look like handsome guys). The show is pretty popular in my country actually.

They're also airing a new show called "I Am Pogay" (pogi in English is handsome so it's a mix of a Filipino word and an English word, pogi+gay). It's a contest about being the most handsome, suave, and talented gay man.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just want to share:

Apparently in my country they're airing a TV show called "That's My Tomboy". It's basically a contest on being the most talented and handsome lesbian (and some actually look like handsome guys). The show is pretty popular in my country actually.

They're also airing a new show called "I Am Pogay" (pogi in English is handsome so it's a mix of a Filipino word and an English word, pogi+gay). It's a contest about being the most handsome, suave, and talented gay man.

And how does that make you feel?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
And how does that make you feel?

I'm fine with it, the show is pretty cool actually. Our country is completely open arms to the LGBT community.

I'm pretty sure my sister knows im gay (especially if she found my tumblr) but I still haven't told her because i still feel a lot of anxiety when i think about telling her I'm gay.

bsej87

RPJ was fun, but these priests aren't going to bake themselves into meat pies and I was starting to miss my jolly Mrs. Lovett

Just want to share:

These sound crass but unintentionally hilarious.

beril

I kind of have to.. i mean i don't want to live in the closet forever

How old are you? I was really late with coming out to my family and at some point it becomes harder to justify why you've waited so long to tell them than the actual coming out part. I wasn't exactly hiding it; it just never came up in conversation as I don't date much or make a big deal about it. Doing a big announcement out of the blue felt awkward, but eventually it felt necessary, and in general it's easier and more fun to talk to people after you've come out even if you think it won't matter. Though that may depend on the age and maturity of your friends and the openness of the culture you live in.

How old are you? I was really late with coming out to my family and at some point it becomes harder to justify why you've waited so long to tell them than the actual coming out part. I wasn't exactly hiding it; it just never came up in conversation as I don't date much or make a big deal about it. Doing a big announcement out of the blue felt awkward, but eventually it felt necessary, and in general it's easier and more fun to talk to people after you've come out even if you think it won't matter. Though that may depend on the age and maturity of your friends and the openness of the culture you live in.
I'm 16, and your situation seems very similar to mine.I don't really hide it, I never mention girls unless it's when talking about one of my best friends. Recently, my Dad started asking me why I don't try to get a girlfriend, or go out and meet girls and I just tell him "I'm busy with school"

Also you're right, it's pretty fun to talk to someone who you came out to already, I told three good friends and they were cool about it.
Your mother must have told her already
No I don't think so. My Sisters relationship with my Mom is pretty weird, I can't imagine them talking about things like that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom