• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been busy over the last days. 12 hours shift on Friday, to then hang out with a friend, to come over to sleep, get up and go back to work, for another 8 hours, to sleep 4 more hours to get early to hang out with a groups of friends for around 12 hours walking and going to a cave; then to watch a movie (I,Frankestein)..and now I'm back.

Sorry for been late about this...

MOAR!! Damn you look good! XD
And while I wasn't actually serious (in the sense that I usually say similar things to guys that post pictures around here and wasn't actually demanding "more pictures now or else!!")...I appreciate the pictures. Hehehe.. more pictures of every guy/girl around here are always welcome. And good looking guys like you shouldn't be shy.
Well, half-serious... no need to look like an idiot..hahaha..

And..
Re: Phones
Been using a Galaxy S Blaze over the last 2 years. Just ordered a new screen protector and clear case, planning on rocking it for at least 3-4 ore months. :)
LOLLL omg you're so sweet o_o thanks!! <3 <3 I do not at all consider myself attractive.

I assume you know about the Lotte Lenya Competition and submitted in time, because if not, I'll feel awful about not catching this post earlier.

HAHAHA Nope I had no idea about this competition!

Bladenic

So I don't care what all the other gays are saying, I think Looking is pretty gud and fun and entertaining and I really hope they get another season.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
So I don't care what all the other gays are saying, I think Looking is pretty gud and fun and entertaining and I really hope they get another season.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit too. I thought tonight's episode was weak, but I don't understand the numerous complaints that the show's boring. Any time Raul Castillo appears onscreen, I'm immediately excited.

Crayons

Banned
LOLLL omg you're so sweet o_o thanks!! <3 <3 I do not at all consider myself attractive.

group1thjspzmu4x.gif

fernoca

Yeah. Enjoying the heck out of 'Looking'. Glad that this week's episode was earlier over at HBOGo and watched it a few days ago.

Seems ratings/numbers are going up from the 600k (aprox.) of the first episode; to 800k (aprox.) for episode #2.
Hoping things continue well; or at least well enough for a second or third season to have some time to flesh out and get to know the characters some more.

RM8

Haha, funnily enough that's exactly the year when I got my first cell phone, during my sophomore year of high school.
I'm going to pick Yoshi just for the lulz :p Can you offer any noob advice? What do you think about Yoshi vs. Snake?

Coming from Luigi and Kirby, the air speed is insane, lol. But his shield game is driving me nuts. I'm also getting better at landing eggs ;D
Lol, I apologize for dragging you back to Brawl so often.

I'm going to pick Yoshi just for the lulz :p Can you offer any noob advice? What do you think about Yoshi vs. Snake?

Coming from Luigi and Kirby, the air speed is insane, lol. But his shield game is driving me nuts. I'm also getting better at landing eggs ;D

For Yoshi vs. Snake:

-Don't allow him to start his grenade shenanigans. Keep pressuring him from a distance so that an well-timed Egg Toss will literally blow up his attempts to out-range you.
-Keep him in the air at all costs. Yoshi can't compete with Snake on the ground, but he's a sitting duck in the air. Use throws and Egg Lay to keep him off the ground.
-Always go for the spike if Snake is forced to use his up-B. He's usually easy to hit. It's really vital that you kill him as early as possible because otherwise Snake can live to 200% against Yoshi easily. Speaking of which, try not to make your kill moves stale.
-Don't forget about the cipher-grab gimp. It puts Snake into a precarious situation if it doesn't outright kill him.

As for Yoshi's shield:

-If you shield something and know you can't punish it, roll away from the attack. The attack will give your roll extra momentum, and you can even fall off a ledge doing this so that you can recover faster. This is especially important when going against Snake because all of his attacks give Yoshi a huge boost in his roll. Just make sure you don't roll towards the attack because otherwise you'll be rolling in place. Also, do note that if you powershield an attack you will not gain any momentum from it, which can sometimes actually be disadvantageous.
-If you're on a platform you can fall through, you can fall through it even while shielding. Tilt the control stick slow enough so that you don't spotdodge but fast enough to get Yoshi to fall through it. It's really hard to get the timing down, but it's vital that you learn how to do this. Imagine Yoshi shielding on a platform with his opponent just below him, waiting for you to drop your shield because you'd normally have 0 other options at that point. Don't let that ever happen to you.
-Yoshi's shield does not actually cover his entire body. There's a very small section on the bottom portion where you can get shield poked. Try to be mindful of that.
-Powershielding with Yoshi is tricky. Yoshi's shield comes up frame 1 just like everyone else, but he has a 7 frame animation that he goes through before the shield completely encompasses him. During this animation, Yoshi's stupidly big nose sticks out of the shield hitbox and attacks can hit him in that area. Because of this, Yoshi can only reliably powershield if he's facing away from his opponent. Furthermore, this also makes it impossible for Yoshi to powershield most projectiles if he's facing them, or even shield them normally if you shield too late. Be careful with that.
-Yoshi's shield-grab is awful but not completely useless. Learn which moves you can actually punish with it.
-Yoshi's spotdodge is tied for the best in the game and only has 1 frame of startup and 2 frames of recovery. Don't be too afraid to use it instead of retreating to his shield.

And it's no problem, dude. =)

Mumei

Is "for the lulz" a new way of saying "because I am feeling particularly masochistic right now"?

It's the only way I understand wanting to play Yoshi.

RM8

For Yoshi vs. Snake:
Whoa! Thanks a lot! I had no idea about Yoshi's powershield, lol. Overall doesn't seem like a terrible match up at all :p I'm used to spanking Snake in the air big time, Kirby also sucks against Snake's ground game.

Is "for the lulz" a new way of saying "because I am feeling particularly masochistic right now"?

It's the only way I understand wanting to play Yoshi.
My secondary is Luigi, and I often play as Bowser and Jiggs. I can deal :p

You should just play Lucario, he's easily the best (and most fun) character in the game.
Absolutely not the best or the most fun. I like when my 2v2 partner plays as him, though!

Masamuna

Caught a Gible and rocked it through the Lumiose Gym. My party is terrible.

I moved servers on XIV after being coerced by friends. Now I'm on Phoenix and I'm being groomed for end game stuff. I feel like I'm being rushed :-/

Caught a Gible and rocked it through the Lumiose Gym. My party is terrible.

I moved servers on XIV after being coerced by friends. Now I'm on Phoenix and I'm being groomed for end game stuff. I feel like I'm being rushed :-/
Ooh I can't wait to start playing XIV! :) I played XI for years.

bsej87

I'm in the Gaf guild on Ultros, though I mostly play with friends. Finally killed the hydra last night for the relic weapon. I'm strongly considering paying for that obese chocobo mount...

Masamuna

I'm in the Gaf guild on Ultros, though I mostly play with friends. Finally killed the hydra last night for the relic weapon. I'm strongly considering paying for that obese chocobo mount...

I'm not even far. Just joined the Flames an dim about to do the GLA25 quest.

Yay new avatar! Hopefully it isn't too blurry. Editing on my cell is a pain.

btkadams

it's frustrating how little people know about lgbt people, even when they are supporters.

my friend and i were hanging out on saturday night and got to the subject of a transgender character on a tv show. she wanted to find out if the person portraying the character is actually transgender in real life. the actor's wikipedia page said they were just gay.

she said, "well, doesn't that just mean that she is pre-op? pre-op and gay are the same thing, right?"

uhhhhhhhhhhh...

we then had a very odd conversation where i revealed to her that sexual orientation is different than being transgender. gay people do not want to be the opposite sex. i told her in a very nice manner, in case anyone is wondering if i was an asshole about it. i don't really blame her, as she's actually not the first person i've had to tell this to.

also, before anyone gets any wrong impressions, i'm not trying to isolate the differences between sexual orientation and transsexualism for any reasons beyond feeling that both parties should be better understood by the mainstream population.

mantidor

it's frustrating how little people know about lgbt people, even when they are supporters.

my friend and i were hanging out on saturday night and got to the subject of a transgender character on a tv show. she wanted to find out if the person portraying the character is actually transgender in real life. the actor's wikipedia page said they were just gay.

she said, "well, doesn't that just mean that she is pre-op? pre-op and gay are the same thing, right?"

uhhhhhhhhhhh...

we then had a very odd conversation where i revealed to her that sexual orientation is different than being transgender. gay people do not want to be the opposite sex. i told her in a very nice manner, in case anyone is wondering if i was an asshole about it. i don't really blame her, as she's actually not the first person i've had to tell this to.

also, before anyone gets any wrong impressions, i'm not trying to isolate the differences between sexual orientation and transsexualism for any reasons beyond feeling that both parties should be better understood by the mainstream population.

Yeah I had one friend asking me the same thing, If I wanted to dress up and everything. I told them that no, but then I revealed that I once played dress up when very little and that set me back to step 1 -_-, no, I do not want to dress as a woman nor do I identify with women, it's amazing no matter how simple and clear that is I still get the question, people playing dress up when children also means nothing.

Yeah I had one friend asking me the same thing, If I wanted to dress up and everything. I told them that no, but then I revealed that I once played dress up when very little and that set me back to step 1 -_-, no, I do not want to dress as a woman nor do I identify with women, it's amazing no matter how simple and clear that is I still get the question, people playing dress up when children also means nothing.
I think that, besides people being uneducated about LGBTQ matters in general and media doing little to correct fallacious beliefs, there may be some comorbidity that confuses people and their binarized way of thinking. That is to say, that things like gender identity and sexual orientation, while different concepts, are an amalgam of spectra that intersect, being things that are, at least in some way, interconnected, given the nature of these things and how hormones work. How one identifies is a different matter. I think being trans can be very complex as well given how one chooses to identify themselves. Perhaps very effeminate men who refer to themselves in a female perspective--while still self-identifying with terms like "boy"--may represent a different way of them interpreting their state of being "trans". Even in trans terms, it's easy to binarize into trans men and trans women.

So not only is it an inherently complex thing to begin with, but then you compound on ignorance and societal prejudices and...you get what you get. Just look at the racism, internalized homophobia, and transphobia in the gay community.

Sienna Denema (lol, name) has a lot of videos that are better. Jiz, Golden Shower Girls and Fucked For Life (parodies of Jem, the Golden Girls, and The Facts of Life respectively) are way better.

Oh dear LOL.. The only song parody I've ever seen was Boy is a Bottom from Willam..
because it was relatable o_o LOL

Masamuna

I'll kill you!

All the pills means all the Jesus!
That entire YouTube channel is nuts. I love it.

Heart willam, hell the entire trio is win.

What is your team? You can get fairly good types early on in the game. And of course you can cheat and wonder trade lol

Iirc it's fletchlings final, delphox, garbite, doublade, venusaur and lapras. I need a mule!

All the pills means all the Jesus!
That entire YouTube channel is nuts. I love it.

Heart willam, hell the entire trio is win.

Iirc it's fletchlings final, delphox, garbite, doublade, venusaur and lapras. I need a mule!
LOL I heart willam too!! <3
PS lemme know if you need any pokemon at all (like ones you can't get yet) since I'm in the end game and stuff :)

Not bad I beat the game with Kangaskhan, Gardevoir Charizard Greninja Hawlucha and Aegislash. I'd try to find a Fairy type pokemon. Ralts is easy to get as is Maril. So far not bad though!

btkadams

when the hell are we going to get pokemon bank? so ridiculous.

i'd have a complete pokedex in x/y if i could transfer my pokemon from black/white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom