• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
Oh wait, false alarm. We're using iMessages to text each other, and the last message I sent him still only has the "Delivered" notification instead of the "Read" one, so he just hasn't read my last message yet, I think.

...Hurry up and respond. This is killing me. D:

Anticipating how did it go dude, hopeing for the best

Anyway, watched Freier Fall, drank half a bottle of Oban and now i'm gonna cry myself to sleep

yay

I'm currently waiting for him to come back from the gym lol. I called him about an hour ago and agreed to meet up with me after he's done.

daripad

Just had pizza with my friends today and sweets here and there. One girl even gave a cupcake she made, it was very sweet of her as I thought she hated me haha. (Carbohydrates everywhere!)

Btw Blue Badger, you are handsome.

And Poltergust, good luck!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Accidental 'I Love You' Derailed Gay Navy SEAL's Career

1orjZmK.jpg

Decorated Navy SEAL Brett Jones had already survived two harrowing deployments overseas when, back in the states, his world came crashing down around him, all thanks to an answering machine.

It was the morning after a welcome back party, and Jones was calling to thank a fellow Navy serviceman who organized the bash. The man wasn't in, so Jones left him a message at his military office, and then he did something without thinking about it.

"I said, 'I love you' before I hung up," Jones told ABC News, recounting the story by email.

The man Jones had called was his longtime boyfriend and part of an entire life Jones had for years kept hidden from even his closest SEAL comrades and, even more importantly at the time, the Navy.

"That was all it took for the Navy to launch a full-scale investigation that lasted for months," Jones told ABC News.

Jones said the military pulled his hard-earned security clearance and "treated [him] like [he] was a criminal."

"It was one of the most difficult times of my life," Jones said. "It was so damn humiliating."

;__;

he's so hot oh my god military guyz r so hawt

alvmew

Hahaha I don't really drink :p. But thanks, I'm sure it'll be fun!!

I was in Vegas until last night, seeing Shania Twain, which was amazing!! I took an ever-classic bathroom selfie of what I was going to wear LOL o_o

You were in Vegas and I wasn't told? Damn it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
$$$

Something expensive happened, and it cut into my savings big time. Now I got to start building it up again and it pisses me off.

I'm very lucky I have back-up savings, but I'm trying to use it for something positive, not just to fix mistakes when life decides to get "cute".

Ack! That's really shitty. so soz :(

And part two was definitely a lot slower, they really didn't need that long of a resolution in my opinion.

Mhm. I wasn't even that bothered when
Starbuck disappeared at the end.
I was just like "lol whatevs". I even actually sort of like that they never explained that mystery.

The more I think back on BSG the more I think how 'basic' it was in its story telling or how cliche everything and everyone was. But that doesn't ruin it.

Yeah, but I think the basicness really worked in the show's favor.

The show definitely had a lot of great characters, a great ensemble.

I know! I can't believe how many people seem to hate Laura Roslin. She did some infuriating things but I think it was always clear where she was coming from and I was never uncertain of her motivations.
I don't think they should have ever temporarily cured her of her cancer though - I think it would have been better if they had made it a slow moving cancer that progressed over the course of the entire series.

I really disliked Gaius a whole lot throughout his show. It wasn't because of his character, it was the lack of one. Gaius is selfish but beyond that the writers pick and choose whatever role they want him to be. It was insane and by season four, i was getting tired of his shit.

That's true. I started to have trouble with Gaius in season two, when his motivations became really murky when he
decided to give the Cylon the nuke
. Still, James Callis was so good in the role and he made Gaius into such a charming character, that I guess I just overlooked all of his problems.

I didn't mind the very overt religious tones, though I know a friend of mine who has problems with religion in general does. Those religious overtones were present throughout the entire series, I think, so it wasn't too crazy in my head to have things turn out the way they did.

I was actually spoiled a bit in regard to that a few years ago (
I remembered reading a comment that said "the God/Angel stuff is real"
), so I took all of the religious stuff at face value and I didn't have any problems with it either.

Also ugh BSG has one of the best soundtracks of ANYTHING ever. I absolutely obsess over it and I remember just babbling on and on to Dany about all the themes and bullshit when we watched it :lol

The soundtrack is very very strong - the Adama themes in particular are just great!

Menaged

Just had pizza with my friends today and sweets here and there. One girl even gave a cupcake she made, it was very sweet of her as I thought she hated me haha. (Carbohydrates everywhere!)

I understand that you decided against coming out to them?

I also had dinner with some friends, and ate way too much.
There was a really cute guy there with amazing dimpels, and he's gay. I met him a few months ago, and a few times after, but today, for some reason, he got my attention.
I don't think anything will happen though.

daripad

I understand that you decided against coming out to them?

Unfortunately yes. Just when I feel that I can do it I just give up and don't do it. I even had time alone with two of them, just enough to come out. You know what I did? I heard a creeppy pasta from one of them and I talked about my past with the other one. I'm stupid because I had the oportunity and never moved a finger.

Menaged

Unfortunately yes. Just when I feel that I can do it I just give up and don't do it. I even had time alone with two of them, just enough to come out. You know what I did? I heard a creeppy pasta from one of them and I talked about my past with the other one. I'm stupid because I had the oportunity and never moved a finger.

Don't beat yourself too hard about it, it's a process that takes time.
God knows it took me plenty of time.
I remember having plenty of chances to tell my friends, and I was just about to start the sentence, and then I chickened out.

In fact, I have 2 good friends that I still didn't tell them. Now it's mainly because I see them once a month and really don't feel the need to bring it up, since I don't feel like I'm hiding something. But every once in a while I tell myself that I should tell them, and even though everyone knows I'm gay, I still find it hard to start a converstaion about it with them...

daripad

Don't beat yourself too hard about it, it's a process that takes time.
God knows it took me plenty of time.
I remember having plenty of chances to tell my friends, and I was just about to start the sentence, and then I chickened out.

In fact, I have 2 good friends that I still didn't tell them. Now it's mainly because I see them once a month and really don't feel the need to bring it up, since I don't feel like I'm hiding something. But every once in a while I tell myself that I should tell them, and even though everyone knows I'm gay, I still find it hard to start a converstaion about it with them...

Thanks. I'll try again someday, I may have more oportunities but today was a perfect time to do it because we rarely have time alone to do this. I just wish I could do this as soon as possible.

*sigh*

After saying that he'll contact me after getting out of the gym, I worked on my schoolwork for the next several hours and attended a club meeting. It's now 11 and he still hasn't contacted me.

I guess I'm being stood up by him. He definitely knows why I wanted to see him today (I really need to learn how to be more subtle), but what's the point of intentionally avoiding me even if he doesn't accept what I want to give him? We normally see each other a few times a week, so it's not like he can keep doing that for another 3 months. Why not just get it over with instead of playing this awkward game of cat-and-mouse?

I feel really hurt by this. All that I wanted was for him to hear me out, regardless of what the outcome may be. I'm not even given a chance to do that.

Walking home from campus was such a slog due to my depressed state, along with seeing so many couples walking around. I really do wonder if I can ever really find someone who I can truly celebrate this holiday with.

RM8

I'm sorry it didn't turn out as expected :( He's probably confused right now and doesn't know how to approach the situation. I wouldn't take it personally, and of course you'll find someone to celebrate with in the future! You're young and a really nice guy, there's absolutely no reason to be pessimistic :D Cheer up!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Valentine's Day was really just another regular day for me. I remembered it thanks to facebook people.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out as expected :( He's probably confused right now and doesn't know how to approach the situation. I wouldn't take it personally, and of course you'll find someone to celebrate with in the future! You're young and a really nice guy, there's absolutely no reason to be pessimistic :D Cheer up!

Yeah, I figured as much, which is why I'm not gonna try to push it on him.

And thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom