• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiieee. Consider this thread subscribed. I tried trekking through the whole thread to catch up with you guys but had to stop around page 20

I should really get out of solely checking Gaf for the Smash Bros thread for once~~

That being said...amen to Little Mac's Wii redesign and its SSB reveal today. He's a cutie.

Hiieee. Consider this thread subscribed. I tried trekking through the whole thread to catch up with you guys but had to stop around page 20

I should really get out of solely checking Gaf for the Smash Bros thread for once~~

That being said...amen to Little Mac's Wii redesign and its SSB reveal today. He's a cutie.

Do you have a tumblr by any chance? I have a feeling I know you.

Do you have a tumblr by any chance? I have a feeling I know you.

I, uh, have no idea what you're talking about

LNHazSd.gif

I do

Well, I've started with the plan with Step 1, but I think I may have been too obvious as to what the purpose of asking him to meet with me and haven't gotten a reply back since.

Uh... crap.

Federal judge just overturned Virginia's ban on marriage equality. Pennsylvania needs to get their shit together soon, because this is just embarrassing now.

Oh wait, false alarm. We're using iMessages to text each other, and the last message I sent him still only has the "Delivered" notification instead of the "Read" one, so he just hasn't read my last message yet, I think.

...Hurry up and respond. This is killing me. D:

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Danny I just finished Battlestar and I liked the ending, did you? I knew going in that everyone hated the final season/series finale, and now that I've seen it I don't quite agree. I thought it was pretty good - a bit inconsistent in parts, but certainly not a "zomg it retroactively ruined the entire series!1!!1! " type thing. I'm reading through some of the old threads on GAF and I think a lot of the complaints are valid, but because I binged the entire series in a short amount of time - I never really stopped to think about anything, I just plowed though - I guess I sort of glossed over a lot of those problems.

I haven't really had a chance to mull over everything from all four seasons, but I'd say that overall the good stuff outweighs the bad.

I think my favorite character was Gaius Baltar, though I did like Helo and Athena and Apollo and Starbuck too. Lots of good characters to choose from.

What happened sis?
$$$

Something expensive happened, and it cut into my savings big time. Now I got to start building it up again and it pisses me off.

I'm very lucky I have back-up savings, but I'm trying to use it for something positive, not just to fix mistakes when life decides to get "cute".

Dany

Banned
Danny I just finished Battlestar and I liked the ending, did you? I knew going in that everyone hated the final season/series finale, and now that I've seen it I don't quite agree. I thought it was pretty good - a bit inconsistent in parts, but certainly not a "zomg it retroactively ruined the entire series!1!!1! " type thing. I'm reading through some of the old threads on GAF and I think a lot of the complaints are valid, but because I binged the entire series in a short amount of time - I never really stopped to think about anything, I just plowed though - I guess I sort of glossed over a lot of those problems.

I haven't really had a chance to mull over everything from all four seasons, but I'd say that overall the good stuff outweighs the bad.

I think my favorite character was Gaius Baltar, though I did like Helo and Athena and Apollo and Starbuck too. Lots of good characters to choose from.

I really liked the finale. Having part 1 be 'all action' and resolve a lot of the story lines was awesome. So many great moments. And part two was definitely a lot slower, they really didn't need that long of a resolution in my opinion. And same here, I never thought too much of the issues of hte show, it isn't perfect obviously but it totally is a fun romp. Good outweighs the bad totally even though there are some serious heavy-handed moments in the show. The more I think back on BSG the more I think how 'basic' it was in its story telling or how cliche everything and everyone was. But that doesn't ruin it.

The show definitely had a lot of great characters, a great ensemble. I really disliked Gaius a whole lot throughout his show. It wasn't because of his character, it was the lack of one. Gaius is selfish but beyond that the writers pick and choose whatever role they want him to be. It was insane and by season four, i was getting tired of his shit.

Sai-kun

Banned

oh my godddd you were watching BSG, I totally forgot! Watching with Dany was such a good ride, I'm glad he enjoyed it :) I also liked the ending. I didn't mind the very overt religious tones, though I know a friend of mine who has problems with religion in general does. Those religious overtones were present throughout the entire series, I think, so it wasn't too crazy in my head to have things turn out the way they did. Some of the plot and character complaints are totally valid, but they don't invalidate the goodness of the other stuff.

Also ugh BSG has one of the best soundtracks of ANYTHING ever. I absolutely obsess over it and I remember just babbling on and on to Dany about all the themes and bullshit when we watched it :lol

Bladenic

Hahaha I don't really drink :p. But thanks, I'm sure it'll be fun!!

I was in Vegas until last night, seeing Shania Twain, which was amazing!! I took an ever-classic bathroom selfie of what I was going to wear LOL o_o

Wow so jealous. Love Shania.

Anyway the weather and roads are still pretty bad here so unfortunately I won't be seeing my date. Guess House of Cards will have to tide me over until tomorrow.

Mumei

"Male sexual orientation influenced by genes, study shows"

Lets see if this study makes people go crazy. This is what the daily mail used as their headline when the last study came out. "Abortion hope after 'gay genes findings"

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/feb/14/genes-influence-male-sexual-orientation-study

If you want to edit this post a bit (e.g. quote a bit more of the article, possibly bold anything particularly interesting) it to make it into an OP for a topic, I can make it into a topic.

Bailey 87

If you want to edit this post a bit (e.g. quote a bit more of the article, possibly bold anything particularly interesting) it to make it into an OP for a topic, I can make it into a topic.

Yeah could you do that for me :) I added more quotes to my original post.

Well, that was kinda weird. A guy I didn't know came up to me in a bar and said he thought I was good looking then started telling me he was getting serious with someone. Uh ok, nice for you?

Oh wait, false alarm. We're using iMessages to text each other, and the last message I sent him still only has the "Delivered" notification instead of the "Read" one, so he just hasn't read my last message yet, I think.

...Hurry up and respond. This is killing me. D:

Keep us updated. We're all holding our breath for you !

I almost never post in this thread (even though I somewhat follow it) but.. Me and my bf have been officially together for a year, yay! Really love him ^^

GhniB6N.png
Oh wow, being together for a year is amazing. Congratulations! You both look so adorable together.

Thanks! You're sweet. :)
This was the pic, btw, I was so tan in my old pic people thought I was a foreigner, so I had to change, lol.
You're welcome. You have such amazing eyes.

Also, I should have said it previously, but I'm glad your female friend handled you coming out well. It's always nice to have someone you are close to feel comfortable with who you are.

Wow so jealous. Love Shania.

Anyway the weather and roads are still pretty bad here so unfortunately I won't be seeing my date. Guess House of Cards will have to tide me over until tomorrow.

Ahh me too!! She's such a goddess! <3 <3

Aww oh no I'm sorry to hear that!! :( :( That's really unlucky! I don't know if it'll help you feel better, and I know it's not in person or anything but...
Happy Valentine's Day!!! <3 <3

Rayis

Happy Valentine's Day Gay-GAF~
I hope you have lots of love to go around, if you're single don't dwell in your singlehood, you are all loved by someone.

@BlueBadger: I'm just going to pretend those roses are for me too :D.

Happy Valentine's Day Gay-GAF~
I hope you have lots of love to go around, if you're single don't dwell in your singlehood, you are all loved by someone.

@BlueBadger: I'm just going to pretend those roses are for me too :D.

There are plenty of roses to go around!! <3 Happy Valentine's!!!

Crayons

Banned
Happy Valentine's Day guys! I messaged the guy who was calling me ojiisan and I think we have plans for a Netflix movie together :3

It'll be my first date.

It's the 3rd result I get when I YouTube "Puzzle Bobble". Is that Google trying to tell me something? :p

Google knows everything, and it knew that video would be appealing to you :p

In other news I was supply teaching at a school today, and I overheard a Year 9 boy telling another boy that he had sent him a valentines gift.

Like... I know some parts of the world makes things seem like they're going backwards, but I could never have sent a boy a Valentines when I was in school. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom