• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've almost finished my bottle of water and still no receipts.

I need to slake this thirst.

Meicyn

Gold Member
2014-02-16-weenus.png
Yeah, that's my favorite webcomic series on the internet.

When sex starts falling from the sky you're going to be the one holding an umbrella, aren't you?
And I'll be judging everyone and their lewd promiscuity from my prudish high ground.

Because deep down, I'm the thirstiest of them all.
Not over the internet, though. I was raised with manners.

Grakl

gaygaf is always thirsty - mention anything slightly sexual and this thread pounces on that like a school of gay fish out of water

gaygaf is always thirsty - mention anything slightly sexual and this thread pounces on that like a school of gay fish out of water
Clearly undeniable proof of the promiscuity and demonic sexual lust of gay/bisexual men and women.

I would hope it's obvious that I'm being sarcastic but considered it necessary to clarify.

I don't think it's solely restricted to GayGAF by any means, one simply needs to look at any variation of an "x is looking pretty good" thread and the array of pictures of increasingly sexualised content which follow. There is certainly a difference in that it's not usually members in those threads but if there is a trend of this thread being more 'thirsty' (on a side note is there any synonym for this phrase? Ravenous is too strong and lust too inaccurate but I can't really think of another which carries across the same meaning) is probably put it down to two reasons; people like showing off themselves and persistent requests to do so makes it easier to rationalise while relieving any hesitance which may accompany (reinforced by it having worked in the past) and that if one is posting here presumably they're comfortable with their sexuality allowing them to more readily expose themselves, having already 'exposed themselves' in accepting who they are. Perhaps it's a misreading of the situation but that's what I would consider two potential reasons why this thread may have a higher incidence of picture requests than other threads (of course it helps that this thread is occupied by some very good looking men too).

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
He's definitely adorable. It's quite funny that they mentioned doing stuff with his ears while having sex on Looking. :D

You guys should do that before entering the thread. :p

I don't think it's solely restricted to GayGAF by any means, one simply needs to look at any variation of an "x is looking pretty good" thread and the array of pictures of increasingly sexualised content which follow.
At least we have the decency not to drink someone's bath water, even as thirsty as some as these guys are.

Masamuna

The answer is always, or at least he's always been cute to me.

I don't look at this thread for a few days and everyone gets hella parched. Yall fab cray.

Garcia

Seems like the thirst is gone.
For now, you naughties.

Now that things are back to normal I just wanted to say: Holy shit at Jared Leto's performance in Dallas Buyers Club. Totally Oscar worthy. :eek:

Bladenic

For now, you naughties.

Now that things are back to normal I just wanted to say: Holy shit at Jared Leto's performance in Dallas Buyers Club. Totally Oscar worthy. :eek:

Watching this sometime this week. I'm on a Oscar movie binge. Watched Blue Jasmine last night, watching Nebraska as I type this.

For now, you naughties.

Saw this during a sneak preview, had no idea what movie it would be and never even heard of the movie. Was such a good surprise. Jared Leto is aaaaawesome in this movie.

RM8

^ Wikipedia says (from the perspective of English speakers):
the five most difficult languages to reach proficiency in speaking and reading, requiring 88 weeks (2200 class hours), are Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean

It must be so cool being a native speaker of one of those languages, and then finding out pretty much everything else is much simpler :p Or at least, that once you learn something like English or Spanish, then it becomes way easier to learn lots of other languages.

Mumei

My word, you guys are thirsty. Amusing as it is, I think it would be better if you kept the actual requests for pictures to PMs.

I think Bel Marduk was permd. :/ If you're reading this sis, join Twitter and follow me! @Ratsky_Watsky I miss u xoxo

He is not yet permed.

RM8

A long time ago, before I'd ever even thought about studying Mandarin, I had a native Chinese friend in college who was fluent in English - one of those people who frequently put native speakers to shame - and had studied Japanese and Spanish. I once asked her about the relative difficulty of those languages, and she'd always told me that Spanish was toughest and Japanese easiest, due to the sharing of hanzi/kanji.

It's all relative, at least to a point. I can't find a link for the life of me, but I do remember reading once that Turkish was the language native children would become fluent in fastest (3 years or so) while Chinese was slowest (10 years, but I imagine that includes writing.)
That's really interesting. I have a Japanese uncle who speaks English and Spanish, he always says Spanish was lol-easy since he had already learned English. That being said he has never studied any Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom