• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty4on

It's all relative, at least to a point. I can't find a link for the life of me, but I do remember reading once that Turkish was the language native children would become fluent in fastest (3 years or so) while Chinese was slowest (10 years, but I imagine that includes writing.)

I'm not sure if this makes Turkish look easy or hard, but it's fascinating either way.
turkish.png

I really wish I took the time to learn a new language. You gain such insight by listening to people and reading the literature in the native form.

lenovox1

What did he do to get banned in the first place?

In a thread about Gabe Newell riding in a Porsche, unprompted, he posted:

A fat guy in a porsche is still a fat guy.

Not particularly. The thing is, he may have lots of money and a porsche but someone with that level of obesity would have a similar life expectancy to those in the developing world. I know lots of people look up to him and it would be great if he'd set a better example by losing some weight.

I'm guessing. Who knows if that's the actual reason.

Dead Man

In America we call these BCGs (birth control glasses.) The Air Force stopped issuing the infamously bad ones a few years ago, however, so I missed that boat. :p

I like that name better. I was in the US Army, but it was infantry basic and AIT so no girls around, so maybe that's why the different name. It was also a long time ago, 1996. So maybe it is just changed too.

Caladrius

As long as you want it to take.

literally as long as you want

what the fuck?

I try to get through with it as soon as possible
because I'm right next to the living room and literally my mom watches reality TV like 70% of the time I'm at home and it kind of kills my boner big time.
I get maybe 5 minute intervals where I'm not hearing ARBABLARGHARAGHGHAGH.

Yeah, that's a little on the long side.

So 10 minutes or so is more typical?

_Isaac

Indeed.

That actually reminds me:

Awkward question:
How long is masturbation typically supposed to take? I'm pretty sure 15 minutes is not normal.

As long as it's not disrupting your life don't worry about it. You're probably on the short end of the spectrum anyway.

Yeah, as someone mentioned on that page vocabulary is a huge part of the time requirements with Chinese or any of the 3 major East Asian languages (or, say, Arabic) since there are no shared roots with the Indo-European foundation we're familiar with. The saving grace for this one is definitely grammar, though: while Chinese has syntactical rules for ordering sentences, there are absolutely zero noun cases or verb conjugations. Ever. There isn't a true plural form, and tenses are indicated either by specific times or little particles you add into a sentence. When you get to the point in your studies where all of this falls into place and you realize what you're dealing with, it is almost shockingly simple. I just don't think most people ever get that far, haha.

That honestly seems like my kind of language. I guess I'd miss being able to casually infer what words mean by drawing from etymology and stuff though.

I try to get through with it as soon as possible
because I'm right next to the living room and literally my mom watches reality TV like 70% of the time I'm at home and it kind of kills my boner big time.
I get maybe 5 minute intervals where I'm not hearing ARBABLARGHARAGHGHAGH.

Get sound blocking earmuffs from a hardware store or something, as a side effect you get to listen to the blood rushing through your ears from the quickened circulation. Like I've never used them for that purpose but it's kind of cool.

Caladrius

Get sound blocking earmuffs from a hardware store or something, as a side effect you get to listen to the blood rushing through your ears from the quickened circulation. Like I've never used them for that purpose but it's kind of cool.

Not a bad idea actually. I could also use it to block out that damned teapot that starts screeching 3-4 times a day.

As long as it's not disrupting your life don't worry about it.

Alrighty.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Indeed.

That actually reminds me:

Awkward question:
How long is masturbation typically supposed to take? I'm pretty sure 15 minutes is not normal.

I.. It depends on the day, and on how long I want it to last LOL!

Yesterday it was only a couple minutes.

because I usually do it like every 3 weeks, and the thirst gets real.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
15 minutes is fine. 3 minutes isn't normal. 3 hours isn't normal either.

Caladrius

So there apparently is no standard time. Thanks for the answers everyone.

LOL! I.. Think so? Sometimes as a result I get like this, tho.

It's probably for the better that you don't do it too often. I hear that doing it too often messes with some peoples' libido.

royalan

What's wrong with 3 minutes? What's wrong with any time? I'm sure there's an average, but I don't think there's a 'normal' time to get off. Sometimes you just wanna get it out, sometimes you wanna be, well...

The vibe I got from the poster is that he takes 15 minutes even when he's trying to be quick, which I guess might be a bit abnormal.

I certainly know how to take my time. But, If I'm in a rush, I can finish up in 2 minutes.

Haly

There is no "normal" amount of time. There's nothing wrong with wanting it to only last 3 minutes and there's nothing wrong with making last 3 hours.

Normal was the wrong word, I was thinking of "atypical".

The pink Butterfree was an asshole. She only cared about Ash's Butterfree 'cause he saved her from Team Rocket, and Ash's Butterfree was too stupid and didn't have enough self-respect to see her BS. She didn't give a fuck before then and neither should he after she did her mating dance.

BUTTERFREE, YOU HORNY FOOL. OPEN YOUR EYES.

I, too, choked up at the end of that episode. And the one where he was going to leave Pikachu behind. And the one where they're stuck in a blizzard and all his Pokemon come out of their Pokeballs to keep him warm ;_; Pokemon was fucking heavy at times, goddamn.

Haly

Ash riding Misty's bike to save his Pikachu.

ALL THE TEARS.

Mr. F

Banned
I, too, choked up at the end of that episode. And the one where he was going to leave Pikachu behind. And the one where they're stuck in a blizzard and all his Pokemon come out of their Pokeballs to keep him warm ;_; Pokemon was fucking heavy at times, goddamn.

Ash riding Misty's bike to save his Pikachu.

ALL THE TEARS.

As well as the one where Charmander was stuck in the rain and his tail was going to go out or something.

135091239428.jpg

fuuuuuck.

I also remember an episode from The Orange Islands that centered around Meowth, his Payday attack, and a civilization that worshiped those things. Since he couldn't use it, Jesse and James would secretly throw out their prized bottle caps to help Meowth, and the whole episode was just heart-wrenching, if I'm remembering correctly, because they get in a fight and Meowth disowns them, but they still help him behind the scenes so he doesn't get discovered as a fraud, and he eventually realizes what they're doing for him.

It was a good episode, and it was all about Team Rocket's bond, with the main trio nowhere to be seen.

Damn, now I feel like hunting this episode down to see what I remembered right or forgot.

Garcia

I particularly enjoyed Twtich Plays Pokemon too much but that was mainly because of the memes. I checked that thread at least once every time I logged back into GAF.

As for the "game" itself it was completely unbearable to watch or even to play.

Mumei

All of those episodes / scenes made me cry when I saw them. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom