• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sounds like homophobic profiling to me!

So, you're denying the "explosive" (okay, slight exaggeration there) increase in HIV infection among the gay population in the 80's?

Better to shut those places down than let infections happen because people are stupid and can't practice safe sex in the heat of the moment.

Bladenic

Blue Jasmine is already at Redbox, may get it today if I can actually drive. It's snowing and worse, it's very icy where I'm at.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not with those rape prevention glasses on his face. They give me flashbacks to basic training.

Rape prevention glasses? Basic training?

The Oscars always make me realize how many movies I haven't seen.

The Oscars aren't very fun if you haven't seen at least some of the nominated movies. The only one I saw was The Croods. lol

So, you're denying the "explosive" (okay, slight exaggeration there) increase in HIV infection among the gay population in the 80's?

Better to shut those places down than let infections happen because people are stupid and can't practice safe sex in the heat of the moment.

you're blaming AIDS on saunas?

if it's so crappy out, can't you just rent off of itunes?

Isn't iTunes way more expensive? Redbox is only $1

Ty4on

It is easier than you think! Tones are the biggest hurdle, grammar is nonexistant, and reading is actually pretty much like looking at a partially completed jigsaw puzzle. Give it a good half decade of study and you're basically almost there!

I find the real challenge with Asian languages that the words aren't remotely familiar. I tried to learn some Korean after I had learned basic Hangul, but knowing that the text says "mul yot" doesn't help me understand it :p

RM8

I remember downloading a beginner Mandarin lesson ages ago, just out of curiosity. Nope, nope. Nope. I don't think I'm bothering with a non-Japanese Asian language, ever. I'll stick to stuff closer to Spanish afterwards :3

Garcia

I remember downloading a beginner Mandarin lesson ages ago, just out of curiosity. Nope, nope. Nope. I don't think I'm bothering with a non-Japanese Asian language, ever. I'll stick to stuff closer to Spanish afterwards :3

Mandarin is (really) fun to learn. The challenge comes from memorizing all the intonations and basic kanji. I'm still a long, long way to go, but I think it is worth the effort if only to have a basic understanding of its structure; after all, the chinese are invading the entire world and in an alternate universe mandarin would be the universal language instead of english.

TheSeks

afaik it's because in finland saunas aren't places to have sex

Exactly.

The saunas that were in places that allowed sex were "health risks" and shut down.

It has nothing to do with discrimination against gays or whatever Ratsky wants to think: It was to protect peoples health since they're stupid and can't do it themselves.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
afaik it's because in finland saunas aren't places to have sex

saunas in the US aren't places for people to have sex either - but that doesn't stop people from doing it. if people started having sex at baseball stadiums does that mean we should close them down too

Exactly.

The saunas that were in places that allowed sex were "health risks" and shut down.

It has nothing to do with discrimination against gays or whatever Ratsky wants to think: It was to protect peoples health since they're stupid and can't do it themselves.

frankly, your puritanical attitude towards gay sex borders on the hysterical and your wish for a nanny state to control where i can have sex frightens me. i'm never going to have sex in a sauna with you after your disturbing admissions so dont even think of asking me

Dead Man

Rape prevention glasses? Basic training?

Back in a former life I was in the army. They took my glasses and issued out army glasses for basic training. The ugliest pieces of shit known to mankind. Commonly known as rape prevention glasses due to their ugliness.

It scarred me. :(

Grakl

saunas in the US aren't places for people to have sex either - but that doesn't stop people from doing it. if people started having sex at baseball stadiums does that mean we should close them down too

I think you're mixing up saunas and gay saunas -- put the word gay in front of the word and it makes more sense. Gay saunas are actually specifically for having sex, while the saunas in Finland are not. "Sauna capital of the world" doesn't mean "Gay sauna capital of the world".

red13th

Italian jerseys for the World Cup:

Oz2OxEK.jpg

Italians. <3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Back in a former life I was in the army. They took my glasses and issued out army glasses for basic training. The ugliest pieces of shit known to mankind. Commonly known as rape prevention glasses due to their ugliness.

They give you new glasses for basic? Why? Do they at least taylor them to your prescription?

I think you're mixing up saunas and gay saunas -- put the word gay in front of the word and it makes more sense. Gay saunas are actually specifically for having sex, while the saunas in Finland are not. "Sauna capital of the world" doesn't mean "Gay sauna capital of the world".

i think youre getting too bogged down with labels man

TheSeks

He's trolling us at this point. Just look at his response to me to know he's messing with us, dude. :p

It is easier than you think! Tones are the biggest hurdle, grammar is nonexistant, and reading is actually pretty much like looking at a partially completed jigsaw puzzle. Give it a good half decade of study and you're basically almost there!

~5 years actually doesn't seem bad at all. I love the thought of near nonexistant grammar, since grammar was my main point of resistance when I was in French immersion in grade school, pretty much only the vocabulary made it through and French vocabulary as an English speaker is easy. And honestly the logograms are a part of the appeal so I can't be too put off by that.

Thanks, I picked it out myself. :p

Oh the perks of being a mod :p

scarlet

No wonder.

I bet you were still hot ;)

Do you know if anyone have felt the same with you? you should have used gloves haha

That reminds me I can't get rid of my man boobs and loose skin ;_; Not that I can't do it but I haven't yet.

Well I've douched every time so far, so I don't imagine that to be possible.. O_O
I vowed to try my darnedest to never put someone through what I experienced ;_; LOL

Oh my. Sorry you had such a terrible first experience.

I've never bottomed nor do I want to, really. My bf made a casual remark bout it, but
his dick is wayyyy too big. I would be too terrified.

Its okay! I survived and at least it helped me discover that I enjoy bottoming WAY more o___o.

I think it'll be a loooooong time before I ever top again.. If I ever do ;_; LOL. And the relationships I've been in have actually been happy about that because
my dick is sort of on the thicker side so it would be difficult anyways, they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom