• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

hopefully one of you guys reads this and can give me some advice:

Okay so... I'm supposed to be graduating early in May and leaving for College in August. The thing is that right now I have the lowest Math that a Junior can have and although I'm doing really good in it, I feel like making the jump from low level Junior Math to College level Math is too risky and might lead to me having a lot of trouble in college. Also, graduating this year means that I'd have to participate in the ceremony for this year's class, not mine. I really don't wanna go to a graduation ceremony with people I don't know, so I decided that if I graduate in May I'm not going to the ceremony.

If I stay, I'd have a whole year of a more advanced Math and English plus 2 electives and I'd also be able to graduate with my class. Unfortunately, it also means that I waste one whole year that I could have used in College and I delay my coming out which means that I have to deal with all that until July next year.

I wanna leave, I really do but I'm also afraid that I'll fuck up in college. :v

I think you need to give more information about what you plan on going for in college. Depending on what you're majoring in and your long term goals, taking higher level math might not be a necessity.

I hated math as a teenager and took the least amount of it possible. I knew I didn't want to go into stuff that required too much of it so it was okay. First year of med school (I guess it would be called pre-med or something in the US?)here was kinda hard because the general physics class required some prerequisite in math that I didn't really have, so I had to work my ass off for that but I still managed.

hopefully one of you guys reads this and can give me some advice:

Okay so... I'm supposed to be graduating early in May and leaving for College in August. The thing is that right now I have the lowest Math that a Junior can have and although I'm doing really good in it, I feel like making the jump from low level Junior Math to College level Math is too risky and might lead to me having a lot of trouble in college. Also, graduating this year means that I'd have to participate in the ceremony for this year's class, not mine. I really don't wanna go to a graduation ceremony with people I don't know, so I decided that if I graduate in May I'm not going to the ceremony.

If I stay, I'd have a whole year of a more advanced Math and English plus 2 electives and I'd also be able to graduate with my class. Unfortunately, it also means that I waste one whole year that I could have used in College and I delay my coming out which means that I have to deal with all that until July next year.

I wanna leave, I really do but I'm also afraid that I'll fuck up in college. :v

Can you test out of the lower level math? Ask the department if you can do that. If its too tough you havent lost anything.

Personally, I don't have interest in math and don't need more of it for my career interests, so I would graduate and take the lower math in college. Why do you think it would be a problem?

As for ceremony, I didnt really have friends there anyway, so I just kind of didn't talk to people that day but was still glad I went.

I think you need to give more information about what you plan on going for in college. Depending on what you're majoring in and your long term goals, taking higher level math might not be a necessity.

I hated math as a teenager and took the least amount of it possible. I knew I didn't want to go into stuff that required too much of it so it was okay. First year of med school (I guess it would be called pre-med or something in the US?)here was kinda hard because the general physics class required some prerequisite in math that I didn't really have, so I had to work my ass off for that but I still managed.
I'm going to major in English with the goal of becoming a screenwriter or something later on

I'm talking more about Generals, I'm scared that I'll keep fucking up for 2 years in college and ruin my chance of transferring to a better place

Can you test out of the lower level math? Ask the department if you can do that. If its too tough you havent lost anything.
There's a placement test I have to take that I'll study for. If I do good in that test then I'll have good Math in college, but that's what I'm afraid about.

DOWN

Banned
I'm going to major in English with the goal of becoming a screenwriter or something later on

I'm talking more about Generals, I'm scared that I'll keep fucking up for 2 years in college and ruin my chance of transferring to a better place

There's a placement test I have to take that I'll study for. If I do good in that test then I'll have good Math in college, but that's what I'm afraid about.
Talk to advisors at your school for more info, but I would think hurting your gpa with high math you don't like is worse than doing really well in math that may or may not challenge youand that you don't care for or need in the first place.

Sai-kun

Banned
i can't wait to graduate and never think about school again. i laugh every time someone asks if i'm going back for my master's

Kevyt

Well after 2hrs finally got power back on.

You didn't have power? Yikes I:

You don't necessarily have to take a higher level math course if you do good in that test. At least that was the case in many schools.

i can't wait to graduate and never think about school again. i laugh every time someone asks if i'm going back for my master's

Are you going back for your masters?

:p

DOWN

Banned
Well after 2hrs finally got power back on.
kBUo8pR.jpg

Biology is really just a dead end without a PhD or perhaps a Master's degree. I'm not really interesting in doing research anymore. Or at least not Biology research. Computer Science has decent prospects, and will for awhile until it becomes overflooded. But I have a good bit of time to get established before that happens.

Shame on you Absolution. Not a single hot guy in that pic :)

TA should ask guys if he can take a picture with said guy.

"Hey, can I take a picture with you?"

Okay maybe that's too idealistic. But who knows...
Ask and ye shall receive.
auy4SXN.jpg

Actually, they were really nice. I met them and some other dudes out in the water playing some ultimate Frisbee.

Edit: I guess this counts as my selfie.

Kevyt

Ask and ye shall receive.
auy4SXN.jpg

Actually, they were really nice. I met them and some other dudes out in the water playing some ultimate Frisbee.

Edit: I guess this counts as my selfie.

Awww yeah!!! <3 Props to you TA! You're my hero! I would be too scared/shy to ask some random dudes at the beach (and I'm terrible at meeting people) for a selfie.

Sounds like you had a great time too! How long are you going to be there?

Amazon Instant Video is so cool.

So many movies I always wanted to see but never had the motivation to buy.

It's almost overwhelming lol.

Kevyt

Amazon Instant Video is so cool.

So many movies I always wanted to see but never had the motivation to buy.

It's almost overwhelming lol.

What are you watching or planning to watch? Last film I saw on Amazon Instant Prime was the one with the zombies and Brad Pitt.

VegiHam

So tomorrow is the equinox, and also a supermoon. That'd be cool enough, but we're also getting a goddamn freaking solar eclipse. So if it's the apocalypse bye guys, it's been fun.

Awww yeah!!! <3 Props to you TA! You're my hero! I would be too scared/shy to ask some random dudes at the beach (and I'm terrible at meeting people) for a selfie.

Sounds like you had a great time too! How long are you going to be there?
Until Sunday. And I'm having a great time. :)

And I had met them before in the water before I asked to take a selfie.

So tomorrow is the equinox, and also a supermoon. That'd be cool enough, but we're also getting a goddamn freaking solar eclipse. So if it's the apocalypse bye guys, it's been fun.

Is a supermoon a moon that's faster than a speeding bullet? Can it leap tall buildings in a single bound?

edit: Should have asked for a threesome Abso.

VegiHam

Is a supermoon a moon that's faster than a speeding bullet? Can it leap tall buildings in a single bound?

edit: Should have asked for a threesome Abso.
Well I mean a regular moon already does that so :p

A supermoon is when the moons closest to earth so looks bigger.

If I look at the sky and it doesn't look like everything is exploding into a million colors I will be so pissed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What are you watching or planning to watch? Last film I saw on Amazon Instant Prime was the one with the zombies and Brad Pitt.

Groundhog day (I'm a big Majoras Mask fan too), the back to the future films, everything Monty Python, The Hannibal movies with Anthony Hopkins, the good Arnold Schwarzenegger movies etc.

So pretty much everything from the 80s and 90s :p

Kevyt

I'm so bummed about Konami screwing over Kojima. PT was amazing :(

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

I hope they get a big publisher like Sony Computer Entertainment... lol.

That would be awesome. SCE is not afraid to drop cash on the studios it owns.

I thought the apocalypse was in 2012.

Until Sunday. And I'm having a great time. :)

And I had met them before in the water before I asked to take a selfie.

That's good! Enjoy your time :)

Groundhog day (I'm a big Majoras Mask fan too), the back to the future films, everything Monty Python, The Hannibal movies with Anthony Hopkins, the good Arnold Schwarzenegger movies etc.

So pretty much everything from the 80s and 90s :p

So pretty much all the films I have already seen...

I don't see many new films :(

Pirabear

Banned

Same, so glad I'm nearing the finish line.

I'm so bummed about Konami screwing over Kojima. PT was amazing :(

Not too worried about Kojima since he's probably going to get picked up by another studio. Looks like I'll stop caring about MGS after 5 though. :/

Bladenic

I liked high school and would've never graduated early, but Blood Diamonds if you can just do it. I don't know your friend situation but you've made it clear your at home life makes you miserable.

Also trust me, college is so different than high school that some more high school math really won't make a difference. Some? Maybe, but not worth another year of you being miserable and sad. College also has a vast network of aid, including tutors, nice professors, smart friends, etc. that can do far more for you than high school. You just have to look for it and study hard, don't skip class, ask questions, etc etc.

I liked high school and would've never graduated early, but Blood Diamonds if you can just do it. I don't know your friend situation but you've made it clear your at home life makes you miserable.

Also trust me, college is so different than high school that some more high school math really won't make a difference. Some? Maybe, but not worth another year of you being miserable and sad. College also has a vast network of aid, including tutors, nice professors, smart friends, etc. that can do far more for you than high school. You just have to look for it and study hard, don't skip class, ask questions, etc etc.
I thought about it a lot today... and I decided I'm graduating early. A whole year just for a Math class is just way too much... plus I really hate being at home. I'm glad I was able make a choice and I hope it's one I won't regret. It barely gets any stress off my back though since there's the whole coming out/placement test/applications to fill out shit now :v

thanks for the advice <3

DOWN

Banned
I thought about it a lot today... and I decided I'm graduating early. A whole year just for a Math class is just way too much... plus I really hate being at home. I'm glad I was able make a choice and I hope it's one I won't regret. It barely gets any stress off my back though since there's the whole coming out/placement test/applications to fill out shit now :v

thanks for the advice <3

I think you can't go wrong getting it done early if you feel like you can handle it.

I'll be going back for a master's degree and/or a PhD. Ugh... :( By the time I'm done with school, I'll be dead. 2-7 more years, here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom