• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Walking Dead had a fine point, where Tara (lesbian) barely had any gay moments on the show and the fans didn't complain, but an on-screen kiss between Aaron and Eric sent twitter into meltdown.

That's because Tara is a "OH MY GOD I HAVE A CHANCE WITH HER/turn her!" factor for the male fanbase of the show that isn't there for Aaron and Eric.

surely there must be a tumblr for this...

i guess people have to take what they can get, even when its just crumbs

Wow, that's the first time I've disagreed with you Ratsky. If we only accepted what was given, we wouldn't have the rights we have now nor the ones that are happening now. We, as a community, have had to fight tooth & nail to gain any acceptance and we shouldn't stop now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wow, that's the first time I've disagreed with you Ratsky. If we only accepted what was given, we wouldn't have the rights we have now nor the ones that are happening now. We, as a community, have had to fight tooth & nail to gain any acceptance and we shouldn't stop now.

thats not what i meant

I'm not some ronin in a hostile kingdom. It's not life and death, I'm not going to fight tooth and nail for social consciousness in every facet of my life. I reserve the right to not care.

Kevyt

It seems as if Fighting games are progressive at least to a certain extent. We have street fighter with Eagle and Poison, King of Fighters with the red dressed dood and his green fireballs (can't remember his name) and now MK. Not sure if there are other lgbt characters in other fighting games.

Paging RM88

Oh and one last thing about MK discussion. I think there's a case to be made about the subtle nature of Kung Jin's flashback scene. But as far this design choice by NR goes, I don't see it as progress but rather, as a product of progress.

I'm not some ronin in a hostile kingdom. It's not life and death, I'm not going to fight tooth and nail for social consciousness in every facet of my life. I reserve the right to not care.

And that's fine. Pick and choose your battles. I personally just don't like this idea that we have to settle in some way or that NR did something good in that maybe, kinda, sorta, he "might" be gay. The way the put it wasn't subtle to me. It came off more cowardly and half-assed.

Maybe for me it's that the MK universe seems antithetical to romance to begin with. In something like Star Trek the lack of queer people has some really uncomfortable implications, but here it's kind of a surprise if they even decide to go there in a half assed way.

Same coworker also keeps a jar of peanut butter in his bedroom to snack on while he's in there.

He doesn't keep a lid on it.

Just think of all the bottles or old drink containers he has probably peed in.

Lol like how hard is it to keep a lid on your bedroom jar of peanut butter.

Pirabear

Banned
Not an MK fan, but that scene was more tasteful than I expected.

It seems as if Fighting games are progressive at least to a certain extent. We have street fighter with Eagle and Poison, King of Fighters with the red dressed dood and his green fireballs (can't remember his name) and now MK. Not sure if there are other lgbt characters in other fighting games.

Venom (Guilty Gear).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tripwire's lead dude is kinda adorable in a nerdy-way. Nyoro~n.

RM8

Lol, I just watched 20 minutes of someone visiting a supermarket in my city. He's right, tuna fish is pretty popular around here.

Paging RM88

Oh and one last thing about MK discussion. I think there's a case to be made about the subtle nature of Kung Jin's flashback scene. But as far this design choice by NR goes, I don't see it as progress but rather, as a product of progress.
That's Ash Crimson, but who knows if he's gay, actually. At the very least he's not very traditionally masculine :p

i guess people have to take what they can get, even when its just crumbs
This is only a problem because there are not enough gay characters, with different approaches, but that doesn't mean Kung Jin was not handled properly. IMO, of course. I think we're all aware that this is rather low-risk, it's not like they made Sub-Zero and Scorpion a gay couple or whatever. Rejecting any kind of progress is pointless in my opinion.

He also made a video about Mexico City's tiny Domino's Pizza shops! :p These are things I wouldn't consider weird, but then, it's my city, lol.

Look what you have done!

dominoslwue3.png

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
someone help us plz

A quick Google search brought up a few results that met the criteria, but personally, I wasn't a big fan of what I found... Then again, I imagine I have weird taste compared to most.

EDIT: Scrolled a bit deeper through one of them and eventually came across the photo that inspired this topic. So I guess I was looking in the right place.

Alrus

A quick Google search brought up a few results that met the criteria, but personally, I wasn't a big fan of what I found... Then again, I imagine I have weird taste compared to most.

EDIT: Scrolled a bit deeper through one of them and eventually came across the photo that inspired this topic. So I guess I was looking in the right place.

Yeah I found a few after a few rounds of googling, one of them was kinda creepy/not very sexy but the other is pretty nice.

Kevyt

Dany!!!

Señor Daniel,

What's the link for the Amazon short shorts you posted a while ago?

I can't find it. I found other ones but not the one you posted.

I remember that. Same with Smash Bros last year. Popular games gunna propagate I guess.

Today I learned:
shower sex is fun and awkward! It's two things :p

Spill the deets. We need more details. :p

Razmos

I saw a wasp in my room this morning but didn't have time to deal with it because I was in a hurry. Now i'm home and I don't know where it is. Scary :(

Also I went to the gym today! Soooo many hotties, damn.
I overheard a personal trainer shamelessly flirting with 2 women, telling them how he hangs around at home either naked or in his boxers, and that he recently washed/polished his car while wearing only tiny shorts.

I'm finally developing some pecs, yeahhh. I don't look stupid and tiny in a T-shirt anymore.

Kevyt

c7NJRa2h.jpg

at once

I don't know, I mean Elmo just looks much more tickable.

I saw a wasp in my room this morning but didn't have time to deal with it because I was in a hurry. Now i'm home and I don't know where it is. Scary :(

I overheard a personal trainer shamelessly flirting with 2 women, telling them how he hangs around at home either naked or in his boxers, and that he recently washed/polished his car while wearing only tiny shorts.

I'm finally developing some pecs, yeahhh. I don't look stupid and tiny in a T-shirt anymore.

Noice!

You should post a selfie some time~

scarlet

Receipts

mantidor

Maybe for me it's that the MK universe seems antithetical to romance to begin with. In something like Star Trek the lack of queer people has some really uncomfortable implications, but here it's kind of a surprise if they even decide to go there in a half assed way.

What bother me more about it was the damseling of Sonya in the first cutscenes, what the hell? She's an actual playable character, isn't she? Why would she ever need "saving"?

so the twins at the gym weren't really twin. i didn't pay no mind until last night. probably brothers or just friends. mexicans all look alike to me. but at least one of them have that dat ass but ranked #2 compared to dat ass #1 from another guy in another gym.

but all dat ass at the gym. so distracting. glad i had some compression shorts on (y)

today is back day.

Sigh, I am watching a Mortal Kombat twitch stream because I think the guy is cute and love his accent. :( (also watching because I like watching fighting streams, but still... I chose this one in particular lol)

Xaltheron

Same thing happened to me once, I eventually found it though
when I sat on it and it stung me on the arse.

Razmos

Oh it's Friday! Happy Friday y'all.

Anyone getting wasted this weekend?
I am! Going out later tonight to the good ol' british pub with 3 guys I met at a course. Turns out 2 of them are bi, which is cool, makes me feel a bit more comfortable.

Noice!

I like your eyebrows.

Keep working hard sweetiepie~
aha, thank you :3

Top o' the page images:
anigif_enhanced-15586-1409760778-9.gif

tumblr_m9husgAho11qfg9hu.gif

RM8

A Kung Jin main on gaming side is getting homophobic hate mail. I wasn't planning on playing as him, but now I am, lol. It also helps that he's a spammy character, those make sore losers rage.

I had a bat in my room one time. I managed to get it out of my room and it took up residence by the window in the living room. I was tired and didn't know what else to do so I decided to let us both get some rest. I let maintenance deal with it in the morning. All the guy did was hit it with a broom, pinned it down in a dust pan and carried it outside. Those things make awful screeching sounds when stressed.

Kevyt

so the twins at the gym weren't really twin. i didn't pay no mind until last night. probably brothers or just friends. mexicans all look alike to me. but at least one of them have that dat ass but ranked #2 compared to dat ass #1 from another guy in another gym.

but all dat ass at the gym. so distracting. glad i had some compression shorts on (y)

today is back day.

If you're only looking at their rear that's probably why. In fact all guys will look (slightly) the same if you're only looking at their behinds.

Your thirst though... lol

I am! Going out later tonight to the good ol' british pub with 3 guys I met at a course. Turns out 2 of them are bi, which is cool, makes me feel a bit more comfortable.

aha, thank you :3

Top o' the page images:
anigif_enhanced-15586-1409760778-9.gif

tumblr_m9husgAho11qfg9hu.gif

Have fun! Tell us how it goes.

I had a bat in my room one time. I managed to get it out of my room and it took up residence by the window in the living room. I was tired and didn't know what else to do so I decided to let us both get some rest. I let maintenance deal with it in the morning. All the guy did was hit it with a broom, pinned it down in a dust pan and carried it outside. Those things make awful screeching sounds when stressed.

Did you later decide to avenge your parents deaths by dressing up as a bat and fighting crime?

Kevyt

Poor thing :(

Woah. He does have a batman body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom