• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegiHam

So, my best friend leaves the country for a year in two days and today was our last time hanging out. I'm kinda bummed out about it.

VegiHam

At least you know that he'll be back in a year's time. What is he leaving to go and do?

Also, should be noted to stay in touch VegiHam.

Studying abroad. And yeah he's coming back so it's not too sad. He said he's going to be lonely and that I have to stay in touch with him. Also, I bought him a lighter, and pretended it was mine. He wanted to see the cool lighter and smiled so much when I said it was his. So it's been a kinda happy day too. Idk, I'll be fine but yeah.

Kevyt

Studying abroad. And yeah he's coming back so it's not too sad. He said he's going to be lonely and that I have to stay in touch with him. Also, I bought him a lighter, and pretended it was mine. He wanted to see the cool lighter and smiled so much when I said it was his. So it's been a kinda happy day too. Idk, I'll be fine but yeah.

He's just a friend? Seems like you have really strong feelings for him.

Symphonia

Banned
If he has a smartphone, you could always Skype with him as much as you can. I'm in a similar situation where the person I like is abroad, so we try and Skype as often as we can. I've even found myself getting up at 6am on several occassions just so I can hear her voice and see her face. It's tough, having to deal with distance, but you can make it work. Just make sure you spend as much time with him as you can before he goes.

Alrus

This steam summer sale has been so underwhelming. So far the only game I purchased was Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and I already owned it, just couldn't be arsed to find where I put the box >.>

3phemeral

This steam summer sale has been so underwhelming. So far the only game I purchased was Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and I already owned it, just couldn't be arsed to find where I put the box >.>
Completely underwhelming but I ended up caving and getting Cities: Skylines

Kater

Banned
I dunno, got some nice games out of it like Wolf Among Us and Wasteland 2. I'm pretty happy with that.

Oh, and related to the topic we talked about earlier here, I also bought LEGO Jurassic World which is pretty great too. :)

I played FFXIV for a while, fun game but WoW burned me out hard on MMOs. My character was a human (the muscular ones, highlander I think) Pugilist, he was hot.

I tried XIV for a little bit (right after it was "reborn"), but I didn't have anyone to play with so I just stopped. I hear tons of great stuff about it! It makes me want to try it again - AND I can play as a spear-wielding lady, so that's a plus.

bigkrev

I bought FF14 a year ago, made a character, played for 2 hours.... and have not returned since. MMOs just aren't for me I guess

Berordn

I bought FF14 a year ago, made a character, played for 2 hours.... and have not returned since. MMOs just aren't for me I guess

XIV was fun to get through the story for me, but it was coming off of years of WoW fatigue so I'm kind of in the same boat. Got to max level, saw the credits, and never logged in again. The expansion looks fun, but I'm not sure if I really want to go back to that level of commitment.

I'm just not ready!

Wulfric

^^
Same here. Preorders for the Guild Wars expansion are up but they haven't really shown much. The original GW expansions were even independent of each other, but I get the feeling that Heart of Thorns won't have that much content.

My WoW subscription runs out tonight and I'm kinda shocked at all the time I wasted. Nearly 200 hours this year. The garrison is a fun little feature, but the quests have gotten monotonous and raiding was never my thing. It's not like I'll have time to play when school starts in the fall, so I figured I should just quit now.

Sorry for rambling on, but does anyone else have that love/hate relationship with MMOs?

I'm kind of happy the Steam sales have been lackluster this year. My backlog is big enough and don't need to waste anymore money on games I won't play for like a year or more. :p

That said, I'm still tempted to buy Ori and the Blind Forest - looks awesome. I wish it was a better discount though. I also feel like that game will come to PS+ for free at some point in the next few months, so... I'm hesitant to buy it now. South Park The Stick of Truth is on sale now too and that's also tempting. Meh, I dunno. I'm currently playing through Transistor and enjoying it, so I'm not desperate for a game right now anyway.

--

I played FFXI for years, WoW for a few years, and then FFXIV for a few months (well, 6 months total split over like 2 years). I think I'm just done with the genre now.

Arcipello

Im sure it looks great! :)

Im usually or almost always team scruff/beard though so im probably biased LOL

cheers, ill give it a day or two more and see how i feel...guess i just need to style it next since its kinda scruffy!

b3xaoJx.jpg

Delio

Lost World was better.

Any Jurassic movie was better than JW.

Thats a straight up lie and you know it. JPIII was better? It had the same if not more "Annoying" characters that deserved to die over JW. Raptor sleep talking. The stupid "Billy took the eggs" and then right after they give him a redemption moment not even giving that egg taking moment any time to sit with the group. Not to mention Billy taking the eggs in general was annoying as shit as it comes out of nowhere for his character who was all about Grant. I just..

VegiHam

If he has a smartphone, you could always Skype with him as much as you can. I'm in a similar situation where the person I like is abroad, so we try and Skype as often as we can. I've even found myself getting up at 6am on several occassions just so I can hear her voice and see her face. It's tough, having to deal with distance, but you can make it work. Just make sure you spend as much time with him as you can before he goes.

Wow, I can't imagine how difficult that kind of long distance stuff must be. I've claimed as much of his time as I can without making his girlfriend mad, I think :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I...can't. This thread...it's just too much.

Why do we bother posting pictures of random hot people when lettersGAF is blessed enough to open its own modeling agency?

Seeing Arcipello and BlueBadger on this page, I have ceased to function.

Dead. Dead. Dead.

Arcipello

Wow, I can't imagine how difficult that kind of long distance stuff must be. I've claimed as much of his time as I can without making his girlfriend mad, I think :p

i did long distance once before after a 2 year relationship due to having to move country...distance is a cancer in any relationship i feel, especially if you are so used to being close. it didnt work out for me, but there were other factors that contributed to it, so long distance might work for others as long as its not for too long of a period.

Pyrokai

Anyone here going to the best Pride parade in the Midwest this weekend?! Columbus Pride! I'll be there and would love to meet any fellow Columbusite Gaffers!

Delio

I...can't. This thread...it's just too much.

Why do we bother posting pictures of random hot people when lettersGAF is blessed enough to open its own modeling agency?

Seeing Arcipello and BlueBadger on this page, I have ceased to function.

Dead. Dead. Dead.

So who would be the reps modeling for GayGaf?

Symphonia

Banned
OK, quick question. Is it against NeoGAF's ToS to ask for detectiveGAF's help in tracking down someone I need to, ahem, talk to? I have a name and a photo (and a possible location) but I'm not capable of detective work like GAF is.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Lost World was better.

Yes.

Any Jurassic movie was better than JW.

No.

Jurassic Park III is legitimately my favourite.

s59zbu2.gif

JPIII was better? It had the same if not more "Annoying" characters that deserved to die over JW. Raptor sleep talking. The stupid "Billy took the eggs" and then right after they give him a redemption moment not even giving that egg taking moment any time to sit with the group. Not to mention Billy taking the eggs in general was annoying as shit as it comes out of nowhere for his character who was all about Grant. I just..

drag that shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom