• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

Judging from the reviews of 'Inside Out', it looks like Pixar is finally back! Who's seeing it this weekend?

I've already seen it thanks to my amazing boyfriend getting me into a Disney meetup. I'll say the Up comparisons are apt in terms of emotional impact. There's some pacing issues but all in all one of the freshest ideas they've had in a while.

Symphonia

Banned
I've already seen it thanks to my amazing boyfriend getting me into a Disney meetup. I'll say the Up comparisons are apt in terms of emotional impact. There's some pacing issues but all in all one of the freshest ideas they've had in a while.
Would you say Pixar are back on form again?

3phemeral

Seems the influx of new members has been increasing exponentially these past few days.

Welcome!

MnWL4m

I guess I should do the formal introduction. I have been subscribed to the thread for some time now and it seems today is a fine time since there's already a few other new posters. I've been in need of a new GAF community. :p

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay/Asexual/I'm not sure and I don't worry about it anymore. I date guys, basically.
Where Are You From? Michigan
Where Do You Live? Still Michigan
How Old Are you? 22
Favorite Type of Music? Pop, indie, RnB
Profession or Career interest? I work in a public library and am two semesters away from a degree in Spanish and Linguistics.
Favorite video game(s)? Zero Escape series, Pokemon, basically any JRPG. 3DS and PS3 mostly.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Reading, writing, watching lots of movies and tv shows, acting, alto sax and ukulele, doodling, makeup. I do a lot.

I thought it looked rather dumb when I first saw the trailers, but since it is getting such a good reception I am going to see it.
Same, and the terrible promo (featuring Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold") wasn't helping. But I'm seeing it tomorrow with my mom anyway because of the reviews.

My expectations are still pretty low, though.

Ratatouille's my favorite Pixar film and my favorite film in general. Please come back, Brad Bird...we miss you ;___;

Alrus

Best friend wants to go see Inside Out so I'll probably go with her, unfortunately it's a kids movie so it'll be french dubbed only. Oh well. Haven't enjoyed a Pixar movie in a while so we'll see how it goes.

Guys, I would like to be your friends. Are you recruiting new members? ;)

I'm pretty sure I saw you around these parts before :)

Yeah, I understand that, but I don't wish to just go giving out all the details. It is very much a revenge thing, for something that happened to someone. Either way, it was stupid to even ask.

I think I know what you're talking about from some of your previous posts in this thread and I would honestly advise you against doing what you're thinking of doing, I doubt your friend would want you to do something stupid for her sake. Vigilante justice is also not a good way to go about things, even if it's very frustrating.

Delio

Love the FF-series but the Persona/Tales of series will always be special to me hahaha

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. It's nice to meet you all :~) (Hopefully my age isn't too much of a turnoff...)

Yes good taste there. Also the age comment has me giggling. I cant say much tho cause some people might say things >_> but welcome!

I guess I should do the formal introduction. I have been subscribed to the thread for some time now and it seems today is a fine time since there's already a few other new posters. I've been in need of a new GAF community. :p

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay/Asexual/I'm not sure and I don't worry about it anymore. I date guys, basically.
How Old Are you? 22
Profession or Career interest? I work in a public library and am two semesters away from a degree in Spanish and Linguistics.
Favorite video game(s)? Zero Escape series, Pokemon, basically any JRPG. 3DS and PS3 mostly.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Reading, writing, watching lots of movies and tv shows, acting, alto sax and ukulele, doodling, makeup. I do a lot.

Writing and Pokemon? *hearts*

Pyrokai

Fill out the IBQ in the OP if you will?

Eeek! I didn't even see that! Sorry! Didn't even think to look at the OP. Here's mine:

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Canton, Ohio
Where Do You Live? Columbus, Ohio
How Old Are you? 27
Favorite Type of Music? Rock, EDM, Pop/Rock, hip-hop
Profession or Career interest? I am a GIS technician for a gas company (hate it)
Favorite video game(s)? Almost everything Nintendo: Zelda, Mario, Smash, but also Dragon Quest, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2....tons more.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I pretty much just like games and going out. I'm really into exercising/working out right now even if I'm not that great at it. I feel like I'm really good at wasting time without ever watching TV, haha

Yes we are recruiting, please send nudes to my inbox for your request to be processed.
;)

Welcome!

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I saw you around these parts before :)

I have been in this thread, yes, but I think I've posted maybe 5-10 times through the past few years. I want to try to be a regular : )

Berordn

Would you say Pixar are back on form again?

To be fair I thought more highly of them than the majority did in their past few years, but it's a clear step up from their recent efforts. It gets a bit schizophrenic at times with all the intersecting stories, but when it finally ties together it's like Up's opening all over again.

3phemeral

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 22

Another poor soul in Michigan. At least it's Summertime! What part? Grand Rapids, here.

Mumei

Same, and the terrible promo (featuring Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold") wasn't helping. But I'm seeing it tomorrow with my mom anyway because of the reviews.

My expectations are still pretty low, though.

Ratatouille's my favorite Pixar film and my favorite film in general. Please come back, Brad Bird...we miss you ;___;

Did you enjoy Tomorrowland?

7TeM3VQ.gif

Symphonia

Banned
Welcome, new people!

I'd like to remind/inform you that we have Skype chat!

PM me if you want in.
Wait, what? LettersSkype? I want in.

To be fair I thought more highly of them than the majority did in their past few years, but it's a clear step up from their recent efforts. It gets a bit schizophrenic at times with all the intersecting stories, but when it finally ties together it's like Up's opening all over again.
Sold.

Kevyt

Your gender? Male
How Old Are you? 22

Welcome! Spanish is such a beautiful language~

Congrats on your degrees, you're almost there! :)

Eeek! I didn't even see that! Sorry! Didn't even think to look at the OP. Here's mine:

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? Canton, Ohio
Where Do You Live? Columbus, Ohio
How Old Are you? 27
Favorite Type of Music? Rock, EDM, Pop/Rock, hip-hop
Profession or Career interest? I am a GIS technician for a gas company (hate it)
Favorite video game(s)? Almost everything Nintendo: Zelda, Mario, Smash, but also Dragon Quest, Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2....tons more.
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I pretty much just like games and going out. I'm really into exercising/working out right now even if I'm not that great at it. I feel like I'm really good at wasting time without ever watching TV, haha

Thanks!

I have been in this thread, yes, but I think I've posted maybe 5-10 times through the past few years. I want to try to be a regular : )

Hi Pyrokai, welcome!

Kinsei

Banned
I just got back from seeing Inside Out. It's really, really good. I'm not ashamed to admit it made me tear up.

It's better than Up IMO.

AH, I was supposed to move there but my partner got his rotation changed to GR. Most of his friends moved there, though, so we visit occasionally. It's not as bad as I was hearing.
I've never heard someone from Flint talk bad about it! It's always those on the outside. Downtown is very lively and artistic and very much a growing college town. There's so much hope and hard work going into the city that you can't help but fall in love with it.

mantidor

Thats a straight up lie and you know it. JPIII was better? It had the same if not more "Annoying" characters that deserved to die over JW. Raptor sleep talking. The stupid "Billy took the eggs" and then right after they give him a redemption moment not even giving that egg taking moment any time to sit with the group. Not to mention Billy taking the eggs in general was annoying as shit as it comes out of nowhere for his character who was all about Grant. I just..

I found Billy hotter than whats-his-name in JW >_< and him taking the eggs didn't come out of nowhere, they show him arguing so much with Grant about taking those eggs because of the dire situation they are in.

Except for the first one the movies are populated by imbecile characters, but that is not my problem. The premise alone is what makes me loath JW. We have tamed raptors (ridiculous) and an actual functioning park that goes out of control, again, except this time if they got it running it's ridiculous it got out of control again, the point of all three previous movies is that the park is a bad idea, if they overcame the problems of the previous movies it's absurd it's the same damn problem again in this one.

Alrus

Jurassic World's park is owned by some idiot rich guy who thinks it's perfectly fine to not have any insight about the dinosaur his employees are making. Apparently their security department think it's fine too for some reason. Everyone in that movie is absolutely stupid.

Kevyt

Jurassic World's park is owned by some idiot rich guy who thinks it's perfectly fine to not have any insight about the dinosaur his employees are making. Apparently their security department think it's fine too for some reason. Everyone in that movie is absolutely stupid.

My thoughts exactly on JW.

Delio

I found Billy hotter than whats-his-name in JW >_< and him taking the eggs didn't come out of nowhere, they show him arguing so much with Grant about taking those eggs because of the dire situation they are in.

Except for the first one the movies are populated by imbecile characters, but that is not my problem. The premise alone is what makes me loath JW. We have tamed raptors (ridiculous) and an actual functioning park that goes out of control, again, except this time if they got it running it's ridiculous it got out of control again, the point of all three previous movies is that the park is a bad idea, if they overcame the problems of the previous movies it's absurd it's the same damn problem again in this one.

First off they wernt even fully tamed. We saw multiple times that they were close to attacking him ( They tried to when that dude even fell in). They only really went by his "control" because he imprinted on them at birth but even then they would have turned on him.

Second the REASON the park when out of control this time was because of the silly scientist making something that WAS out of control. That was it. With the normal Dinos we saw they did have everything under control. Sure if you remove the I-Rex and the park when nuts then I'm for it. I do agree tho that when you take over something like that and have such a lead on cloning you should be watching the people making your dinos super closely.

Kevyt

First off they wernt even fully tamed. We saw multiple times that they were close to attacking him ( They tried to when that dude even fell in). They only really went by his "control" because he imprinted on them at birth but even then they would have turned on him.

Second the REASON the park when out of control this time was because of the silly scientist making something that WAS out of control. That was it. With the normal Dinos we saw they did have everything under control. Sure if you remove the I-Rex and the park when nuts then I'm for it. I do agree tho that when you take over something like that and have such a lead on cloning you should be watching the people making your dinos super closely.

Spoilers...

I've watched it already so no biggie for me, but for those who haven't. :p

Well I agree,
I really like the idea of the raptors having an Alpha lead, it makes sense for the type of predators they were and listening to Chris Pratt because he also imprinted on them.

There were no feathered raptors, which sucks, because they look amazing:

But they kind of get away with it when the scientists dude says that they have been using other animals to fill the gaps, and that they don't look like they would millions of years ago when they existed.

I really liked the premise of the movie. I think it was executed okay-ish but the characters are really dumb except for Chris Pratt.

Edit: I guess I'll explain why I think the characters are dumb:

Bryce Dallas Howard spends a good time screaming like a good old favorite damsel in distress. She runs in heels (okay that was kind of cool), yet she is very cliche, kind of embodying today's young people but failing at it.

The teenage kid is just one horny teenager who can't take his eyes off other girls. The smaller brother kid is somewhat nerdy and annoying as he easily gets scared. The guard that gets eaten by the Hybrid Dino (I forget its name - tyrannosaurus something) is your typical lazy security guard, and his death was very predictable. Bryce's assistant, uh, she dies. The owner dude is really dumb and he is supposed to be an entrepreneur, a man of business, someone who is highly smart and intelligent. He dies poorly, almost like he is unaware of his park and the threat it can pose. Poorly written characters except for Chris Pratt. I think the main aspect the directors and screen writers were going for was spectacle and everything else is just there as background exposition.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wanna see it, the reviews look great, but I don't think I'll have the time... going to Six Flags instead.

Six Flags! Sounds fun. I've never been.

I just got back from seeing Inside Out. It's really, really good. I'm not ashamed to admit it made me tear up.

It's better than Up IMO.

Thanks for the impressions! I'm hyped!

I thought it looked rather dumb when I first saw the trailers, but since it is getting such a good reception I am going to see it.

Me too. The first teaser was a big turn off so I never watched any of the other trailers. I'm going into this based on the critical reception alone.

I am! So excited. :)

:)

Guys, I would like to be your friends. Are you recruiting new members? ;)

Welcome youse touse!

Seems the influx of new members has been increasing exponentially these past few days.

Welcome!

MnWL4m

That always seems to happen towards the end of a thread. We get new members popping up near the end. It's the retention we have a problem with. Once the new thread starts, the new members seem to disappear.

Problem with all modern movies. Their scripts are too stupid for words. They're written around "cool" scenes instead of feeling natural and organic.

Pyrokai

That always seems to happen towards the end of a thread. We get new members popping up near the end. It's the retention we have a problem with. Once the new thread starts, the new members seem to disappear..

I'll try not to disappear. I might have to post here consistently for my own sanity now : p

Kinsei

Banned
Problem with all modern movies. Their scripts are too stupid for words. They're written around "cool" scenes instead of feeling natural and organic.

To be fair if you really think about it the people running the park in JP are dumb too. For example they geneticists wanted to make the dinosaurs docile so they wouldn't be a threat but Hammond vetoed that idea. Or was that just in the book?

To be fair if you really think about it the people running the park in JP are dumb too. For example they geneticists wanted to make the dinosaurs docile so they wouldn't be a threat but Hammond vetoed that idea. Or was that just in the book?

Think that's book only. I haven't seen the movie in years but I don't recall that in the movie.

Bladenic

Saw Jurassic World. It was pretty awesome. The Mosasaurus was EPIC. Daddy Pratt looked ultra fine. But the real star was Bryce Dallas Howard, who full on sprinted in heels and also looked fab in her outfit and hairstyle choice. I never liked her before but she slayed here.

Also, the other night I watched Magic Mike. Christ, what a SHIT movie. Like, the kind of shit movie that makes me think "this fucking movie has an 80% on RT???" I have never been a fan of Channing Tatum. Yeah he's an awful actor, but he's never been hot to me either. I really don't know why, but he just does nothing for me. But the rest of the movie was awful. Beside MM, awful performances especially the sister. Terrible characters and plot (lol). Insanely bad script. And no fucking nudity besides an ass shot. Like, no thanks, I can see shirtless guys on the internet then transition to porn instead of having to put up with the awful dialouge and characters in between.

The sequel ditches the only 2 good things about the movie, Steven Sodebergh (although I use "good" loosely here) and MM.

Sorry for the rant, but I place Magic Mike squarely in the same realm as Twilight and Fifty Shades of Shit as "fuck women for making this shit popular."

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Hamish Steele is a friend of mine who is currently writing Deadendia, a webcomic about a haunted amusement park.
It's fun and beautiful and absolutely loaded with characters of different genders, races, religions, sexualities, abilities, species, and basically everything else you could imagine.

http://payload363.cargocollective.com/1/6/203309/9566799/deadendia6_400.jpg

It was also a Cartoon Hangover short last year!
That wasn't bad.

I really dislike when memes make it into cartoons or other shows, but it was good overall.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently back in my hometown and I forgot how relationship-oriented one of my local friends is. Kept talking about me not having a boyfriend and my future husband. It wasn't annoying, just surprising.

Hey, guys! I've been lurking the thread for awhile and I finally decided to introduce myself hahaha.

Also, name's Mark. Nice to meet you all :~)

Hi Mark! Welcome!

Judging from the reviews of 'Inside Out', it looks like Pixar is finally back! Who's seeing it this weekend?

Me absolutely 100% yes.

Your gender? Male

Hello there, Dandy Crocodile. I like that italicized part. You're cool. Welcome!

I've stopped paying attention to Pixar trailers. There have been a few movies by them that I thought were going to be "ok" based on the trailers that I ended up loving. I'm glad the reviews are turning out well. I have faith in Pete Docter and the concept.

-snip-

Hello Pyrokai! You mentioned Columbus Pride earlier&#8212;if you haven't already, you should talk to G0523. It seems like he is going. :)

Razmos

Saw Jurassic World. It was pretty awesome. The Mosasaurus was EPIC. Daddy Pratt looked ultra fine. But the real star was Bryce Dallas Howard, who full on sprinted in heels and also looked fab in her outfit and hairstyle choice. I never liked her before but she slayed here.

Also, the other night I watched Magic Mike. Christ, what a SHIT movie. Like, the kind of shit movie that makes me think "this fucking movie has an 80% on RT???" I have never been a fan of Channing Tatum. Yeah he's an awful actor, but he's never been hot to me either. I really don't know why, but he just does nothing for me. But the rest of the movie was awful. Beside MM, awful performances especially the sister. Terrible characters and plot (lol). Insanely bad script. And no fucking nudity besides an ass shot. Like, no thanks, I can see shirtless guys on the internet then transition to porn instead of having to put up with the awful dialouge and characters in between.

The sequel ditches the only 2 good things about the movie, Steven Sodebergh (although I use "good" loosely here) and MM.

Sorry for the rant, but I place Magic Mike squarely in the same realm as Twilight and Fifty Shades of Shit as "fuck women for making this shit popular."
I agree with everything you have said here.

Also I must have had a good dream last night because I woke up this morning with the overwhelming desire to have a boyfriend and cuddle, and now I just feel lonely :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom