• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never gotten anyone banned so that ain't true. ;)

You're right. I forgot who was having a hissyfit about a "snide" comment made about their dear friend Bluebadger. It wasn't you and I apologize.

hyDb3gV.gif

Kevyt

Anyway, you wanna give that up because... Don't SJW yourself out of some good booty because the booty holder doesn't agree with you on something. That's madness.
HXsz1Sa.gif

Did Kane and The Undertaker actually do that on stage? Wow, lol.

Edit: Oh I need my glasses, it's from the videogame. Too good to be real.

It's like a reunion kind of moment. Did you guys make strong acquaintances/friends through there that you still keep in touch with?

So my, you two became concept artists. Are there other people that you know that got into the gaming industry? I guess it goes in hand with my first question.

So Unity of the void, how did you get to work at Obsidian?

Oh yes, a lot of us that met there are still in touch. Some of my closest friends today are people that I met on that forum so long ago. It is actually remarkable to think about now that I type that out. What a time to be alive, haha.
502u1Mn.gif

I was working at Troika Games on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines when the art-director-at-the-time at Obsidian contacted me to work on Neverwinter Nights 2. It was more money and something new so I took the position!

Mr. F

Banned
Oh yes, a lot of us that met there are still in touch. Some of my closest friends today are people that I met on that forum so long ago. It is actually remarkable to think about now that I type that out. What a time to be alive, haha.
502u1Mn.gif

I was working at Troika Games on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines when the art-director-at-the-time at Obsidian contacted me to work on Neverwinter Nights 2. It was more money and something new so I took the position!

hi you're my hero

XenodudeX

oh my god I have done something completely fucking stupid

I wanted to explore my sexuality, so I met someone from CL. We had sex.

I lated find out that he was HIV + because he has a criminal record of knowing infecting someone

He gave me oral unprotected , but anal protected. It's 10:45 pm and all the tecting clincs are close

im so fucking scared I don't know what to do!

Wulfric

Well, that was an interesting last page...

Moving on, who's excited for Happy Home Designer? It seems like we can finally furnish homes without a metric ton of bells or grinding for bugs on Tortimer Island. I'm not too keen on amiibo Festival though. Sure, the game is "free" but you're still looking at $13 a figure. No thanks.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I lated find out that he was HIV + because he has a criminal record of knowing infecting someone

He gave me oral unprotected , but anal protected. It's 10:45 pm and all the tecting clincs are close

Why did you have to use Craiglist? Lord. Praying 4 You.

How long ago did this happen?

Why did you have sex with someone from Craigslist?

First of all: breathe. You're already ahead of the problem by acknowledging your mistake and seeking treatment.

PEP, if taken within 72 hours of potential infection, can actually kill HIV before it has a chance to spread throughout your body. If you have insurance or can pay out of pocket, and start treatment as soon as possible, it's basically as close to a cure as can reasonably be expected.

First of all, don't beat yourself up! How long ago did you have sex? If it is within 72 hours you can hopefully get a post-exposure prophylaxis - https://aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/post-exposure-prophylaxis/

Contracting the virus orally is not really possible, at least there is no evidence of it ever happening. Do you know anything about his status? If he has an undetectable viral load your likelihood of contraction goes down significantly.

If you don't know anything about his status, you should still definitely get tested - but, as you said, you used a condom so you should be okay.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
First of all: breathe. You're already ahead of the problem by acknowledging your mistake and seeking treatment.

PEP, if taken within 72 hours of potential infection, can actually kill HIV before it has a chance to spread throughout your body. If you have insurance or can pay out of pocket, and start treatment as soon as possible, it's basically as close to a cure as can reasonably be expected.

I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing this information in the thread.

Question: did this topic not come up before the encounter or did he lie?

Also, I agree with all of the advice in this thread. Breathe, don't beat yourself up, and follow the treatment advice of the people in here who seem to know what they're talking about.

Kinsei

Banned

I don't really know what to say for advice, but I'd just like to say my thoughts are going out to you. I hope everything comes back clean.

Well, that was an interesting last page...

Moving on, who's excited for Happy Home Designer? It seems like we can finally furnish homes without a metric ton of bells or grinding for bugs on Tortimer Island. I'm not too keen on amiibo Festival though. Sure, the game is "free" but you're still looking at $13 a figure. No thanks.

I don't really see why I'd play it over New Leaf. Sure the home design is a large part of the fun, but I also like fishing, bug catching, wandering the town, and various other things that the main games let me do that it seems like HHD won't let me do. I'm not keen on the amiibo game either. I thought we were going to get a beautiful HD AC game and then it turned out to be a board game that requires amiibo (that are probably already sold out) to play.

The Supreme Court may rule on gay marriage tomorrow. The session ends this month and there are quite a few cases being considered like the Affordable Care Act. Its going to happen on a Monday or Thursday. Think happy thoughts!

Maybe this will help.

M2xaztN.jpg

royalan

Also, take comfort in knowing that both sex acts committed carry very low risk of HIV transmission.

There is no evidence of HIV being spread from receiving oral from someone positive.

And if you used the condom properly, and it didn't slip off when he pulled out or something, there's actually an extremely low chance of transmission. There are -/+ couples who have been together and sexually active for years without HIV being transmitted because of proper condom usage.

XenodudeX

Is there a hospital you can go to for post-exposure prophylaxis, as soon as possible but within 72 hours?

Also, take comfort in knowing that both sex acts committed carry very low risk of HIV transmission.

There is no evidence of HIV being spread from receiving oral from someone positive.

And if you used the condom properly, and it didn't slip off when he pulled out or something, there's actually an extremely low chance of transmission. There are -/+ couples who have been together and sexually active for years without HIV being transmitted because of proper condom usage.

But I read if the person has blood in his/her mouth, then it can be transmitted that way. That's true correct? I'm just afraid. He wasn't honest when I asked him (twice), so I don't know

DOWN

Banned
I went to dinner with a classmate and his friends because he invited our project group to go but only I could make it. I was nervous they didn't like me since I'm pretty shy around new people, but he invited just me to hang out with them again tomorrow night so I'm pretty relieved and excited.

The Supreme Court may rule on gay marriage tomorrow. The session ends this month and there are quite a few cases being considered like the Affordable Care Act. Its going to happen on a Monday or Thursday. Think happy thoughts!

Maybe this will help.

M2xaztN.jpg

Ay hello again

Thanks for the reminder!

Saliva is incredibly destructive towards the HIV virus, which is why there aren't any known cases of it being contracted orally. Unless you have some giant bleeding wound in your mouth where you held his body fluids in, you're basically fine. ;)

From your description it sounds like you'll be okay, just get tested to give yourself peace of mind.

Berordn

Maybe this will help.

M2xaztN.jpg

oh.

i'm very happy now. sheer willpower will win the day.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I knew PrEP was a thing, but not PEP. The more you know...

Attending (It's for LGBT youth 25 and under).

It's an actual camp so stuff like canoeing, archery, hiking, swimming etc. The big plus is that the entire campground is being rented out so there's no risk of homophobes, transphobes, etc being there.

Wow, I didn't know they had things like that for adults. I kind of want to go to one. :3

mantidor

Hello everyone! I didn't even know that the community section had stuff like this! P Cool

Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Gay
Where Are You From? US
Where Do You Live? California
How Old Are you? I've already had my Glittering (aka I'm too old to be filling out this survey - cries T_T)
Favorite Type of Music? Tim Hecker-ish
Profession or Career interest? Concept/ Visual Effects Artist
Favorite video game(s)? SotC, Dragon's Dogma, Okami, FFXII, Demon's Souls
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? witchcraft, astral projection, levitation, etc.

tumblr_mtl5meZ5tE1s3iup1o1_500.gif

Welcome! I feel you would like this thread, which has been painfully inactive since it moved to community. :(
This guy looks familiar... ;)

yjV5b26.gif

It's always so weird to find pics like that from gayGaf members, it's like watching a sibling making out or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom