• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people hate women, some people hate black people, some people hate atheists, some people hate muslims, etc. - just by existing it's likely that you're the target of a hate group. It might not be an uplifting thought, but it's pretty much unavoidable. So I admittedly enjoy the salt that comes from this specific event :p

I never learned that song on sesame street.

Hi! No worries about not knowing what to say. If you check out the OP, there's an IBQ you can fill out (if you'd like) that will help you introduce yourself.

Welcome to the thread!
Hi. That is probably the first time I haven't read the OP.

Your gender? Male

Your sexual orientation? Bisexual

Where Are You From? California

Where Do You Live? Alameda, California

How Old Are you? 30

Favorite Type of Music? I like all kinds of music. I like Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, 90's rap, Weird Al. Lots of oldies and even newer stuff.

Profession or Career interest? English major at Cal State East Bay, emphasis on British literature.

Favorite video game(s)? I'm mostly into the retro consoles, but I have a WiiU. PS3, and 3DS. Pokemon, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Smash, and Zelda are my favorite series, but my tastes is very varied.

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I play some TCG like Yugioh and Pokémon but haven't done it lately. I like reading in my spare time, mostly British novels but I have been getting into American literature this year, but before that American lit bored me. Poe has been on my mind lately, but in a good way.

I tend to be shy, but when I start talking I can't stop.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I've been incredibly saddened by the amount of hate we've been getting over that last few days, people may manage to laugh at it as "salt" but I can't help but feel depressed that people think that my entire being that I did not chose to be is wrong. I try to laugh it off and in the end I just can't do it. It makes me utterly sad.

Edit : Being drunk probably doesn't help.
I'm not saddened in the slightest. If anything, I feel pity for people that can be so fucking selfish.

I mean, read this insanity:
http://time.com/3938050/orthodox-christians-must-now-learn-to-live-as-exiles-in-our-own-country/

Seriously, boo-fucking-hoo. They've merely been given a taste of the Minority Experience™ of having to live under someone else's rules and they're already proclaiming that it's the most sour thing ever, it's the end of the world, etc. They're already worried about living with a mild form of persecution from here on out. Gee, I WONDER WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE.

I wish nothing but the best for Christians, so long as they quit acting like they own a cultural universal by adding the word "traditional" to it.

Kevyt

My father just said to me that he doesn't mind two guys kissing or getting married, and that he wishes Christians would focus and pray on important issues like climate change and gun control.

tumblr_lu8kchEkAI1qaqlc8.gif

My... what a complete turn of events. I never expected to hear that from him. I'm so happy and hopeful right now! :3

Gives me hope for my mother to come around as well!

Anyone else looking forward to Until Dawn? I think I'm gonna kill off everyone but the attractive characters.

Yeah. I'm gonna try and have everyone live and then I'm gonna try and kill them all in the most gruesome way possible.

Do you get to play as the bad guy and kill the protagonists?

Your gender? Male

How Old Are you? 30

Favorite Type of Music? I like all kinds of music. I like Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, 90's rap, Weird Al. Lots of oldies and even newer stuff.

Profession or Career interest? English major at Cal State East Bay, emphasis on British literature.

Favorite video game(s)? I'm mostly into the retro consoles, but I have a WiiU. PS3, and 3DS. Pokemon, Resident Evil, Phoenix Wright, Smash, and Zelda are my favorite series, but my tastes is very varied.

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I play some TCG like Yugioh and Pokémon but haven't done it lately. I like reading in my spare time, mostly British novels but I have been getting into American literature this year, but before that American lit bored me. Poe has been on my mind lately, but in a good way.

Welcome!

Aerosmith, Rolling stones, Weird Al, 90's rap, Yugioh, Resident evil. You have a fantastic taste in music and games good sir! :D

What's your favorite resident evil game?

Welcome!

Aerosmith, Rolling stones, Weird Al, 90's rap, Yugioh, Resident evil. You have a fantastic taste in music and games good sir! :D

What's your favorite resident evil game?
Thanks. It depends if it is the survival horror Resident Evil then it is Resident Evil 2, if you include the newer styled Resident Evils then it is 4. I like a lot of the old music and newer stuff. My mother got me on to the older stuff and I grew up in the 90's so I have a wide breadth of music that I was exposed to and liked.

My father just said to me that he doesn't mind two guys kissing or getting married, and that he wishes Christians would focus and pray on important issues like climate change and gun control.

My... what a complete turn of events. I never expected to hear that from him. I'm so happy and hopeful right now! :3

Eh?
I told you. Got to keep being optimistic. :)

I'm glad he's coming around, that's great. :D

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Your gender? Male

How Old Are you? 30

I live in South Bay and am originally from Sacramento, so we're not too far from each other! #HellaNorCal

Any particular British authors you're into? A year ago, I took a class on contemporary British literature that I really enjoyed.

Phoenix Wright (as well as pretty much every series you listed) is awesome and a favorite of mine. I'm playing though PLvPW at the moment to finally catch up with the English releases. My fingers are crossed very tightly that Dai Gyakuten Saiban releases outside of Japan.

Welcome again!

That's great news! People have so much room to change.
Excluding gay conversion therapy...
I'm so glad you have a reason to feel happy and hopeful! :D

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
And Im back to giving up on humanity. I need to fix the laptop screen to go back to my games when Im done with the workouts. -_-

Kevyt

what if your mom is just a beard :O

A beard? O:

You mean a bear? If so, my mom is not hairy and she's small, so... nah. :p

My parents are divorced though. But my father has not seen any woman as far as I know, so that's definitely a bit fishy. He gets a bit dodgy when i ask him if he is ever going to have a gf and changes the conversation, lol.

So maybe he could be gay. Oooh. Yikes. xD

Coming up on Dr. Phil: "My father stole my man" lol

@.@

Dead. #_#

scarlet

A beard? O:

You mean a bear? If so, my mom is not hairy and she's small, so... nah. :p

My parents are divorced though. But my father has not seen any woman as far as I know, so that's definitely a bit fishy. He gets a bit dodgy when i ask him if he is ever going to have a gf and changes the conversation, lol.

So maybe he could be gay. Oooh. Yikes. xD

Coming up on Dr. Phil: "My father stole my man" lol

@.@

Dead. #_#

Beard is a man/woman used to a cover for gay partner.

Like fake bf/gf

Razmos

"Dad.. I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time, but i'm gay"
"Join the club son"

I live in South Bay and am originally from Sacramento, so we're not too far from each other! #HellaNorCal

Any particular British authors you're into? A year ago, I took a class on contemporary British literature that I really enjoyed.

Phoenix Wright (as well as pretty much every series you listed) is awesome and a favorite of mine. I'm playing though PLvPW at the moment to finally catch up with the English releases. My fingers are crossed very tightly that Dai Gyakuten Saiban releases outside of Japan.

Welcome again!
I like a lot of British authors. My favorites include Wilkie Collins, Frances Burney (AKA Fanny Burney), Mary Elizabeth Braddon, Thomas Hardy, Bram Stoker, Robert Louis Stevenson, Henry Fielding. and John Milton. I have a lot of women authors as favorites too as well but I forget which ones are British and American XD.(In my defense the class didn't specify, just women authors.) My favorite right now though is Wilkie Collins and I actually have one of his books in my backlog. I like his writing style and I'd like to make a novel in the future that emulates his formula. I have a lot of books in my backlog like Frankenstein and Dante's Inferno. Figured if I read Dracula and Jekyll and Hyde that I should read the other great monster book.

I've played Phoenix Wright 1-3, Apollo Justice, and the download only one that was recently released. Maya, Pearl, and Mia my favorite characters. Bummed Pearl was only a cameo in the last one but was nice seeing one of them back. Fun Fact: My bartender's name is Mia lol and I showed her one of the safer images of Mia, you know how the internet gets with these kinds of things.

Thank you!

Keith from Keith and the Girl podcast said something that I think is slightly true. That some people just need to be told that gays are accepted legally to accept them and a bunch of people will turn around now that marriage is simply between 2 humans

also I sat and peopled watched to catch my breath at Pride Saturday and wrote this. I hate it just like I hate everything I write

Celebrating diversity in front of city hall.
Then you arrive and see it is instead celebrating humanity speedo's, pants, bra's, leashes and abstract beauty.
Underneath the one true sun.
No metaphor for a or many gods.
Just a symbol of light to reflect us all.
Red, white, brown, purple, green, blue, mixes of one or more, along with everything in-between.
Young ignore the old looking wistfully.
Infants/children looking upon them all as one sea.
Of people they aren't yet and getting along peacefully.
Flag waving slowly to the right.
Not just the lone star, but 50 in all.
This is just another date to celebrate.
The next waiting for us to fix the next thing

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I personally know of a few cases where people have had their dad come out as gay later in life. I don't know of any "second-generation" gays though.

I like a lot of British authors. My favorites include Wilkie Collins, Frances Burney (AKA Fanny Burney), Mary Elizabeth Braddon, Thomas Hardy, Bram Stoker, Robert Louis Stevenson, Henry Fielding. and John Milton. I have a lot of women authors as favorites too as well but I forget which ones are British and American XD.(In my defense the class didn't specify, just women authors.) My favorite right now though is Wilkie Collins and I actually have one of his books in my backlog. I like his writing style and I'd like to make a novel in the future that emulates his formula. I have a lot of books in my backlog like Frankenstein and Dante's Inferno. Figured if I read Dracula and Jekyll and Hyde that I should read the other great monster book.

I've played Phoenix Wright 1-3, Apollo Justice, and the download only one that was recently released. Maya, Pearl, and Mia my favorite characters. Bummed Pearl was only a cameo in the last one but was nice seeing one of them back. Fun Fact: My bartender's name is Mia lol and I showed her one of the safer images of Mia, you know how the internet gets with these kinds of things.

So...I haven't read works by the vast majority of those authors, but I appreciate the list nonetheless. :) I did read Frankenstein when I was quite a bit younger, and I will say it was nothing like I expected it to be. Then again, I think the style of horror was probably typical of the era. Jekyll and Hyde is a book I've been meaning to read (may have started it once upon a time).

YES, so glad you listed the Fey clan as your favorites! Mia continues to be at the top of my list (although the games have many fantastic characters), and it makes me so sad how she's basically been absent for the entire series.
I mean, it makes sense, but still...
If you ever play Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Maya is back in that game. I might have to buy Project X Zone 2 simply because they're adding Phoenix and Maya to the game.

Keith from Keith and the Girl podcast said something that I think is slightly true. That some people just need to be told that gays are accepted legally to accept them and a bunch of people will turn around now that marriage is simply between 2 humans

also I sat and peopled watched to catch my breath at Pride Saturday and wrote this. I hate it just like I hate everything I write

Celebrating diversity in front of city hall.
Then you arrive and see it is instead celebrating humanity speedo's, pants, bra's, leashes and abstract beauty. I like how this line subverted my expectations of both tone and content after the first line.
Underneath the one true sun.
No metaphor for a or many gods.
Just a symbol of light to reflect us all. Red, white, brown, purple, green, blue, mixes of one or more along with everything in-between. Interesting color choices. Made me pause to reflect for a moment.
Young ignore the old looking wistfully.
Infants/children looking upon them all as one sea.
Of people they aren't yet and getting along peacefully. I like how you've joined two opposite situations through a simple "and." Reminds me of your use of "or" when mentioning gods previously.
Flag waving slowly to the right.
Not just the lone star, but 50 in all. Houston Pride?
This is just another date to celebrate.
The next waiting for us to fix the next thing Truth. What a sad yet pragmatic ending.

Added a few comments next to your lines. Thanks for sharing your poetic reflections on Pride here! I love reading people's work and enjoyed yours. :) I definitely understand "hating" one's own writing.

So...I haven't read works by the vast majority of those authors, but I appreciate the list nonetheless. :) I did read Frankenstein when I was quite a bit younger, and I will say it was nothing like I expected it to be. Then again, I think the style of horror was probably typical of the era. Jekyll and Hyde is a book I've been meaning to read (may have started it once upon a time).

YES, so glad you listed the Fey clan as your favorites! Mia continues to be at the top of my list (although the games have many fantastic characters), and it makes me so sad how she's basically been absent for the entire series.
I mean, it makes sense, but still...
If you ever play Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Maya is back in that game. I might have to buy Project X Zone 2 simply because they're adding Phoenix and Maya to the game.
Jekyll is very short that I wouldn't even call it a novel. The story was inspired by the theory of evolution the story asks if we evolve can we devolve and become a savage like creature that goes around committing violent acts with little or no provocation. Hyde goes around assaulting little girls and other people. One scene it is hinted that the man that he kills is gay. The fact that the character was gay went over most students heads as the author couldn't just say it. The story is nothing like the Hollywood movies and cartoons.

I've been meaning to get Layton vs. Wright but low on money right now. I just felt the small cameo of Pearl in the last game was such a tease.

Bladenic

I've played AA 1/2/Investigations. Started 3. At Layton I stopped after Unwound Future, definitely need to start again although I think Last Specter is expensive or hard to find :'(

Your gender? Male

How Old Are you? 30

Alameda eh? Do you know where the Nuclear Wessels are?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Awww lawn work from yesterday has me feeling like shiiiiiiiiiit. Lower back hurts, left palm hurts and right hand fingers hurt. At least my legs are fine enough to do cardio.

So as you know here in Mexico the supreme court declared unconstitutional all laws that banned same sex marriage(they did it in five different rulings from 2010 to this year), but unlike SCOTUS, they don't really changed any laws, they just invalidated them.

This means that when gay couples who lives in a state that hasn't updated their books to reflect this change (25 out of 30 and a most of these have no interest in doing it) can be told by the civil registry that they are not allowed to marry acording to state laws so they have to go to a federal court for some papers to give the civil registry so they can go around state laws and allow the marriage.

This means that there is in fact gay marriage nationwide but the process is longer and more expensive than it is for straight couples and will remain like that until the states change or at least stop enforcing their unconstitutional marriage laws.

Well, the governor in Guerrero, my state, decided to stop enforcing them. He said a couple days ago that he will respect the Supreme Court decision and is now organizing a collective wedding for all same sex couples that want to marry next month in Acapulco, the city I live in. This is after the last effort to legalize same sex marriage a couple years ago died quickly in state congress.

Every year a lot of cities in Mexico perform collective weddings around Saint Valentines day, so the couples that want to get married but for some reason can't afford to do it can have a good celebration. The city helps you with the documentation, pays for the rings, the mayor officiates the ceremony and organizes a party with cake, music and dinner for the couples and their guests. This year 150 couples in my city got married this way.

Now the Governor has instructed all civil registries in the state to get ready to start officiating gay weddings starting in july, (Here, all civil weddings must be officiated by them), he is organizing the collective wedding for same sex couples the 10 of july and says that will try again to get congress to change the civil code.

So I feel happy beacuse this is a lot of progress in a short time but at the same time it's somewhat bittersweet because a lot of things are uncertain. For example. the now governor is in fact acting governor because the former one got forced to leave after the kidnapping of the 43 students in Iguala last year where the mayor was of his same left leaning political party and the governor that got elected last month is from a more center party that is more cozy with the catholic church this days so who knows what will happen in the end.

Well this post got long. but thats gay politics in mexico this days.

I would so get in line to get married if I had someone to get married to next month.

Berordn

Well this post got long. but thats gay politics in mexico this days.

I should really be paying more attention to what happens in Mexico apparently, that's some dramatic stuff.

Nice to hear that however half-assed it may be, they're catching up and so soon after the SCOTUS rulign. North America officially the gayest continent.

Kevyt

It's always interesting reading pornstar interviews. From the looks of it, the porn industry seems like a really tough industry. So many pornstars have talked about doing unprotected sex scenes just to make more money, and out of desperation. That's really sad.

It's always interesting reading pornstar interviews. From the looks of it, the porn industry seems like a really tough industry. So many pornstars have talked about doing unprotected sex scenes just to make more money, and out of desperation. That's really sad.

they should consider writing a book in between jobs.

Symphonia

Banned
You watch 'Hot Girls Wanted' on Netflix? It's a really depressing eye-opener to just how seedy the adult entertainment business is. It changed my outlook on porn completely.

Kevyt

You watch 'Hot Girls Wanted' on Netflix? It's a really depressing eye-opener to just how seedy the adult entertainment business is. It changed my outlook on porn completely.

I haven't watched it but I will. I recently saw Rashida Jones' interview with Vice on Hot Girls Wanted. She makes very interesting observations. It has also changed my perception on porn in general, and the media. So yes, her interview made me even more interested in Hot Girls Wanted.

they should consider writing a book in between jobs.

Some of them have talked about writing a book.

mantidor

The porn industry being seedy doesn't surprise me in the least. I've always felt there's a degree of "glamourization" that is dangerous, not to mention how unrealistic pornographic sex is and how unpredictable the effect of that will be, since now anyone has such an easy access to it.

Watching porn for me has become unconfortable, when you see an actor you know has commited suicide, the subtle and not so subtle racism, etc, etc, of course since you have been consuming it since your 13th birthday most of that stuff flies over your head, but growing up makes you think differently.

Rayis

In the topic of gay dads from last page, I've been finding the concept of being raised by 2 gay dads really appealing, it's so non-"traditional" (hate this word but I couldn't find a better one to use) yet so full of love.
CIcBALeWEAAff0j.jpg
Can these two adopt me and be my gay daddies plz?
Maybe I just have a really bad daddy issues

DOWN

Banned
In the topic of gay dads from last page, I've been finding the concept of being raised by 2 gay dads really appealing, it's so non-"traditional" (hate this word but I couldn't find a better one to use) yet so full of love.
CIcBALeWEAAff0j.jpg
uw3CAzF.jpg

I thought the whole thirsting after pictures thing was in humorous,flattering fun. Sometimes the comments are a bit off color because, lol lowbrow-comedy, but I'd doubt anyone here is full of legit, creepy, rapey intentions.

With that said, I guess this is all subjective and different people have different limits, etc.

Anyway, I went to an Iam8Bit art exhibit that had some sweet gaming art. A good chunk of Psychonauts, Megaman, Metroid, etc. Made me wanna splurge on prints of everything.

Here's a shameless pic of me. Contemplating shit with Luigi.

Wait what the fuck? You're so beautiful. You're my fucking dreamboy. Zombie pls.

bth_i2XELp790RLD2_zps92a14945.gif

Sagitario

So, with the marriage equality approved... who wants a husband? Because I need a green card.
Send me a PM for details, terms and stuff. Thanks! ^_^

;P

CIcBALeWEAAff0j.jpg

You want to be raised by the dudes from Duck Dynasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom