• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m7fc6xswIE1rq9kkio1_540.png

:D

(Source)

Are that kid's parents Captain America and Tony Stark?

Crayons

Banned
I am so incredibly happy that we finally have marriage equality in this country.
So very happy.

I remember when I was a kid and everyone around me hated gay people
and now today, while those people still exist, they are in the minority.

to everyone out there who can now get married in your state, congratulations. i wish the best for you.

It makes me very happy that gay couples out there can finally be happy.

america does something right for once

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
No 4th celebrations for moi; gotta work all day (11 hour shift) and be back early the next morning. Maybe I'll see some of the fireworks on tv?

Kind of hating my career these days. Long hours busting my ass for weak pay. :(

Vitanimus

No 4th celebrations for moi; gotta work all day (11 hour shift) and be back early the next morning. Maybe I'll see some of the fireworks on tv?

suxxx what do you do?

4th of july is a bit of a non event obvs for the uk, but it makes me forget that no one else celebrates bonfire night

Berordn

Sounds like it's time to bail out. I've been shopping around myself.

Kinsei

Banned
Folks in USA,

What are your plans for the fourth of july? Cutie and I are gonna hit up some fireworks show, theres going to be tons in the city. Hopefully go to the beach and I knows he itching to hit up a history museum. Also his birthday is coming up....ahhhhhh....what do i get him!?

Not in the USA, but Canada Day is Wednesday so can I post my plans for that?

Packing mostly. We now own the new place and we're just waiting to get the power hooked up to move. I also have to get ready for my camp this weekend, and if I have time I want to go out swimming.

Delio

Hanging with my family for the fourth and bbqing. Our street has a huge block party every year so I may pop into there.

Glad to know that homosexuality is something people can disagree with and have that viewpoint defended.

If technology ever got to the point where you could change your racial appearance at the press of a button, would disagreeing with people being African or Asian be defended?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
suxxx what do you do?

I make bread 🍞 and pastries 🍰

Always wish I was math/computer smart like the kids half my age making twice as much money 💀

Sounds like it's time to bail out. I've been shopping around myself.

Yeah, I've been looking for other options but not finding much. Also thinking about going back to school, but uhh.. I'm too old for this shit (again)

DOWN

Banned
I think I need to tone it down when it comes to complimenting people's selfies, especially Down. I'm the biggest offender in this.

Sorry Down and many others I've thirsted after.

Eat a lot.

Hmmm, a bracelet with something nice carved in it?
I've posted my own selfies in here knowing the thread well, so no need to apologize. Do whatever is comfortable to you for sure, but I've always found the thread nice overall.
Glad to know that homosexuality is something people can disagree with and have that viewpoint defended.

If technology ever got to the point where you could change your racial appearance at the press of a button, would disagreeing with people being African or Asian be defended?
What? Can you elaborate?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think my Libido died. RIP.

This is about me not a coment on anyone's photo.

What makes you say that? The weird thing is that I randomly seem to have had more libido these past few days (kind of sucks). Maybe I stole it from you.

I make bread 🍞 and pastries 🍰

Always wish I was math/computer smart like the kids half my age making twice as much money 💀

Yeah, I've been looking for other options but not finding much. Also thinking about going back to school, but uhh.. I'm too old for this shit (again)

Om nom nom. Definitely my favorite category of food. Lots of respect to you for making those breads and pastries. That's hard work.

Symphonia

Banned
I apologise to everyone in this thread for my attitude and general demeanor over the last few weeks. It was unnecessary. Unfortunately, I have a lot going on in my personal life (health being the main one) that has gotten on top of me and weighing me down.

The stress of it all got too much and I was slowly trying to vent it. Today, I just exploded/broke down in the middle of a meeting with a client. I fear my drinking/pill binging may have a lot to do with that.

Anyway, yeah, sorry.

I apologise to everyone in this thread for my attitude and general demeanor over the last few weeks. It was unnecessary. Unfortunately, I have a lot going on in my personal life (health being the main one) that has gotten on top of me and weighing me down.

The stress of it all got too much and I was slowly trying to vent it. Today, I just exploded/broke down in the middle of a meeting with a client. I fear my drinking/pill binging may have a lot to do with that.

Anyway, yeah, sorry.
Did your breakdown go like this or like this?

tumblr_inline_mkcggaKu6r1qz4rgp.gif

I saw your post in the previous page and I agree with the point you're trying to make. I saw your other post in that thread about the mark of Cain and was left scratching my head...

1. I was borrowing from old Mormon beliefs. Basically Black people bore the Mark of Cain. It is inherited sin from when Cain killed his brother in the Bible.

2. Suppose a religion exists. It can be a new one. But by pure coincidence they too happen to believe that Black skin and certain African facial features are marks of Evil. Thankfully their Church sponsors programs that can help people with these marks of Evil. They provide free facial surgery and skin bleaching treatments. "Rid yourself of sin!" is their slogan.

3. People keep defending "hate the sin not the sinner" because the sin is supposedly something in our control. We could just choose to be celibate and police our mind 24/7 to ensure we never think naughty sinful homosexual thoughts.

4. If the religion I brought up in point 2 existed, would people defend their belief as well? People in 2015 CAN change their racial appearance, such that having African features is as much a choice as acting on homosexual urges.

People should hopefully find the thoughts outlined in points 2 and 4 absolutely revolting. It would be asinine to expect Black people and those with African features to respect and tolerate the hypothetical religion in point 2.

I thought the whole thirsting after pictures thing was in humorous,flattering fun. Sometimes the comments are a bit off color because, lol lowbrow-comedy, but I'd doubt anyone here is full of legit, creepy, rapey intentions.

With that said, I guess this is all subjective and different people have different limits, etc.

Anyway, I went to an Iam8Bit art exhibit that had some sweet gaming art. A good chunk of Psychonauts, Megaman, Metroid, etc. Made me wanna splurge on prints of everything.

Here's a shameless pic of me. Contemplating shit with Luigi.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the whole thirsting after pictures thing was in humorous,flattering fun. Sometimes the comments are a bit off color because, lol lowbrow-comedy, but I'd doubt anyone here is full of legit, creepy, rapey intentions.

With that said, I guess this is all subjective and different people have different limits, etc.

Anyway, I went to an Iam8Bit art exhibit that had some sweet gaming art. A good chunk of Psychonauts, Megaman, Metroid, etc. Made me wanna splurge on prints of everything.

Here's a shameless pic of me. Contemplating shit with Luigi.

1) I'd love to go to one of those exhibits at some point. Glad you enjoyed it.

2) Your shirt looks awesome! It also seems vaguely familiar. Is it a reference to anything or just a general sound/music-inspired design?

1) I'd love to go to one of those exhibits at some point. Glad you enjoyed it.

2) Your shirt looks awesome! It also seems vaguely familiar. Is it a reference to anything or just a general sound/music-inspired design?

I think it's just a generic music design. If it's in reference to anything, it's gone over my head. :p

Kevyt

I hope I haven't given off that impression. Last thing I want is to make others uncomfortable, which I've done many times. Likewise, I know I've annoyed/angered many of you.

I don't know what to say other than my sincere apologies for the constant creepyness and my nonstop babbling.

I hope I haven't given off that impression. Last thing I want is to make others uncomfortable, which I've done many times. Likewise, I know I've annoyed/angered many of you.

I don't know what to say other than my sincere apologies for the constant creepyness and my nonstop babbling.

For what it's worth, you didn't offend me in any way.

I've joked a lot about being thirsty for some members who have posted their pictures on here, but it's all in good fun I thought. We have some very attractive people in our thread and I definitely wouldn't want to make them feel uncomfortable in any way though.

Yoshi's Woolly World is amazing!

Why is this not out everywhere yet?! Why is it not coming out until October in the US? It makes no sense... There can't be much to localize in a game like that. :(

You honestly remind me a lot of Mads Mikkelsen (very good thing).

I can totally see that comparison as well!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this not out everywhere yet?! Why is it not coming out until October in the US? It makes no sense... There can't be much to localize in a game like that. :(!

I'm pretty sure it's retail release schedule padding, since Fatal Frame looks to be digital-only. It could also have to do with Yarn Yoshi amiibo manufacturing. The US has the majority of amiibo sales, and Yarn Yoshis look like they're going to be among the most popular designs. As a result, it would be smart for Nintendo to use this extra time to manufacture a lot of them, or at least not have to deal with supply for three regions of the world at the same time.

I'm pretty sure it's retail release schedule padding, since Fatal Frame looks to be digital-only. It could also have to do with Yarn Yoshi amiibo manufacturing. The US has the majority of amiibo sales, and Yarn Yoshis look like they're going to be among the most popular designs. As a result, it would be smart for Nintendo to use this extra time to manufacture a lot of them, or at least not have to deal with supply for three regions of the world at the same time.

I guess you are right about the amiibo stuff. I know that's like the one amiibo I kind of want to buy, lol. Tempted for others as well, but that one looks awesome. It still sucks for those of us who are mostly interested in the game and not the actual amiibos. :(

Alrus

I've been incredibly saddened by the amount of hate we've been getting over that last few days, people may manage to laugh at it as "salt" but I can't help but feel depressed that people think that my entire being that I did not chose to be is wrong. I try to laugh it off and in the end I just can't do it. It makes me utterly sad.

Edit : Being drunk probably doesn't help.

Crayons

Banned
I've been incredibly saddened by the amount of hate we've been getting over that last few days, people may manage to laugh at it as "salt" but I can't help but feel depressed that people think that my entire being that I did not chose to be is wrong. I try to laugh it off and in the end I just can't do it. It makes me utterly sad.

I've been feeling the same way dude. Some people are just cunts. But you know what? I believe in karma.

I've been feeling the same way dude. Some people are just cunts. But you know what? I believe in karma.

True, the universe has a tendency to even out in the end. These idiots will either see the error of their ways or get karma'd.

Anyways, I have been meaning to pop in and introduce myself, but I have a tendency of being shy in real life and the internet. (Hence my username.) I'm always flustered as to what to say. I will just mention that I am a bisexual male for now, since I have no idea what else to say lol.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
True, the universe has a tendency to even out in the end. These idiots will either see the error of their ways or get karma'd.

Anyways, I have been meaning to pop in and introduce myself, but I have a tendency of being shy in real life and the internet. (Hence my username.) I'm always flustered as to what to say. I will just mention that I am a bisexual male for now, since I have no idea what else to say lol.

Hi! No worries about not knowing what to say. If you check out the OP, there's an IBQ you can fill out (if you'd like) that will help you introduce yourself.

Welcome to the thread!

RM8

Some people hate women, some people hate black people, some people hate atheists, some people hate muslims, etc. - just by existing it's likely that you're the target of a hate group. It might not be an uplifting thought, but it's pretty much unavoidable. So I admittedly enjoy the salt that comes from this specific event :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom