• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ :)OT6(: We’re taking over -- first the alphabet, then the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrisus

lol? you're kinda twisting my words here

it's fine to have personal preferences, I just took issue that you thought make up was "disgusting". I probably wouldn't have said anything if you'd just said "I prefer people who don't wear make-up" or something, but whatever

the general tone of the post was a bit judgemental that's all

Sorry, wasn't trying to twist anything, just trying to understand what your issue was, since neither of the things you said in your previous post are things I said or do.

And, I do find makeup and perfume disgusting. When I'm kissing someone, or even just spending time with someone, and afterwards I feel dizzy, sick, nauseous, etc. because of all the fumes and all I can taste is chemical goop, to me, that is disgusting.

Everyone is obviously free to do whatever they want though, I never said otherwise.
That's just my personal feelings and my personal preference.

DOWN

Banned
Gronkowski twerking, vid 1, vid 2.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Reminds me of when he joked while playing "Marry, Fuck, Kill" that he would fuck Tim Tebow just to take his virginity

tumblr_n82ezjd4s11qaak3fo1_500.gif

HylianTom

Banned
Happy birthday, Cal!
Happy Friday, everyone!

Anyone have glorious plans for this weekend? Mardi Gras parades kick into high-gear tonight, so I'm a bit giddy today.. =D

Happy birthday, Cal!
Happy Friday, everyone!

Anyone have glorious plans for this weekend? Mardi Gras parades kick into high-gear tonight, so I'm a bit giddy today.. =D

i don't do much parades. just eat like 10 king cakes until the seasons over.

had all kinds from different places. so good.

DOWN

Banned
Double interview today, whababoom.
Good luck

i see.

Xenoblade 3D or Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is the 3DS version of Wii Version.

Xenoblade X or Xenoblade Chronicles X is the Wii U Game.
Okay I'm clueless as to what's going on then
Happy birthday, Cal!
Happy Friday, everyone!

I have exams but I've just been watching ads for Wonderful Pistachios on YouTube instead of studying this morning so no, no big plans, I don't even like pistachios.

HylianTom

Banned
i don't do much parades. just eat like 10 king cakes until the seasons over.

had all kinds from different places. so good.
We're a block off of St Charles Avenue, so I can literally walk out of my front door and hear the first band as each parade comes. I'm going to miss being so close when we finally move.. I might not catch all of each parade, but coming-and-going for bits and pieces has been pretty nice.

And after a slow start to the season, my king cake eating has gone from 0 to 100 in the past two weeks. My mother-in-law has gotten addicted to them, so she's a bad influence.. :p

(And now I have to google pistachio ads, ha!)

HylianTom

Banned
Now I want to pet an elephant. I don't think I have ever touched one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyMrUiN1gA

Ah
The Audubon Zoo here in town has elephant rides for pretty cheap (camel rides, too). Each time we'd go, my sis and I always preferred the elephants - they're slow and walk with a really nice lumbering/swaying rhythm.

I can hardly wait to take my nieces when they're old enough. :)

{edit: sad news! They ended elephant rides a few years ago, right before we moved back. That SUCKS. Now I'm seriously bummed.}

embrace persona into your heart.

I really want to give the Persona series another try. I played like 8 hours of Persona 3 Portable and couldn't get into it.. and I also tried Persona 4 years ago when it came out and couldn't get into it either, but... I feel like I wasn't in the mood for a jRPG right then, so.. Hmm. I'm not a big fan of the school / social sim aspects and prefer the more epic/grand adventures where you explore a world and everything. I would like to give it another shot, though.

terrisus

refer the more epic/grand adventures where you explore a world and everything

Tangent - Have you ever tried Aidyn Chronicles for N64?

It was panned pretty hard by "review sites," and of course gets laughed off by most people as "N64 had no RPGs"/"lol another Quest 64"
But, it's really a fantastic - and huge - game.

My first playthrough of it was like 70 hours, and my most recent one like 130.

Tangent - Have you ever tried Aidyn Chronicles for N64?

It was panned pretty hard by "review sites," and of course gets laughed off by most people as "N64 had no RPGs"/"lol another Quest 64"
But, it's really a fantastic - and huge - game.

My first playthrough of it was like 70 hours, and my most recent one like 130.

Hmm, I've never even heard of that game. :eek: Interesting, I'll check it out. Might be hard to go back to a N64 game, though. Dat blurriness!

terrisus

Hmm, I've never even heard of that game. :eek: Interesting, I'll check it out. Might be hard to go back to a N64 game, though. Dat blurriness!

Yeah, the graphics can be a bit rough, depending on what one is expecting/used to.
Note that it does make use of the N64 RAM Expansion Pak for "Improved Graphics," so if that's important to you, definitely make sure to do that.

Also note, the game is kind of buggy. Not just crashes, but occasional save corruptions.
So, not only save often, but keep multiple backup saves at various points as well.

HylianTom

Banned
Hmm. I haven't watched Adult Swim since Sealab went off the air. :(

And now for something completely different
Yum! You have incredible taste in men.

I haven't watched Adult Swim in a long time, and that was mainly back when they had FullMetal Alchemist, Shin Chan, and Tim & Eric.

Something happened (I don't know why) in the middle of the last decade where my viewing rate of new/current TV shows fell off of a cliff.. well, compared to what it used to be. Now, as far as live TV goes, it's Bob's Burgers, American football, a dash of PBS, and whatever good movies I just happen to find on TCM. :/

VegiHam

Xenoblade Chronicles and Persona 4 Golden are tied for 'all time favourite' status so the last couple of days have just been crazy in terms of hype for me.

bigkrev

While Xenoblade looks cool, I'm not going to play it if the "100 hour minimum" ends up being true. I just don't have that much time to devote to a game anymore.

Venture bros is (and has been) the only reason to watch Adult Swim. Everything else of theirs sucks.

I haven't watched Adult Swim in a long time, and that was mainly back when they had FullMetal Alchemist, Shin Chan, and Tim & Eric.

Something happened (I don't know why) in the middle of the last decade where my viewing rate of new/current TV shows fell off of a cliff.. well, compared to what it used to be. Now, as far as live TV goes, it's Bob's Burgers, American football, a dash of PBS, and whatever good movies I just happen to find on TCM. :/
Both of ya'll need to check out Rick and Morty.

Venture bros is (and has been) the only reason to watch Adult Swim. Everything else of theirs sucks.

I guess I outgrew it or I didn't have the time but I just lost touch with CN. I miss Captain Murphy. And White Debbie. And Black Debbie. :(

Thanks. I think so too :p I think that means we're getting older. We will be watching nothing but NBC soon.

And now for something completely different

Damn.. that guy you posted. Yum.

Yeah, the graphics can be a bit rough, depending on what one is expecting/used to.
Note that it does make use of the N64 RAM Expansion Pak for "Improved Graphics," so if that's important to you, definitely make sure to do that.

Also note, the game is kind of buggy. Not just crashes, but occasional save corruptions.
So, not only save often, but keep multiple backup saves at various points as well.

I watched a video on Youtube and it definitely looks a bit rough. :p How is the story? Interesting?

While Xenoblade looks cool, I'm not going to play it if the "100 hour minimum" ends up being true. I just don't have that much time to devote to a game anymore.

I seriously doubt it'll be that long for minimal. You could beat Xenoblade in 40-50 hours probably if you skipped the optional stuff. My first playthrough of it was 120 hours and my second one was much shorter.

DOWN

Banned
Thanks. I think so too :p I think that means we're getting older. We will be watching nothing but NBC soon.

You only really need to be scared when you watch procedurals on CBS each night.

The Audubon Zoo here in town has elephant rides for pretty cheap (camel rides, too). Each time we'd go, my sis and I always preferred the elephants - they're slow and walk with a really nice lumbering/swaying rhythm.

I can hardly wait to take my nieces when they're old enough. :)

{edit: sad news! They ended elephant rides a few years ago, right before we moved back. That SUCKS. Now I'm seriously bummed.}

I wonder if any place is allowed to do that anymore.

Golnei

You don't necessarily have to finish it in one sitting. The first game lent itself really well to intermittent, hour-long bursts rather than protracted sessions; and I'd imagine that the sequel's streamlining would only make it easier to go through the game at a more gradual pace. And as everyone else has said, the actual minimum will be a lot closer to 40 hours rather than 100+.

I really want to give the Persona series another try. I played like 8 hours of Persona 3 Portable and couldn't get into it.. and I also tried Persona 4 years ago when it came out and couldn't get into it either, but... I feel like I wasn't in the mood for a jRPG right then, so.. Hmm. I'm not a big fan of the school / social sim aspects and prefer the more epic/grand adventures where you explore a world and everything. I would like to give it another shot, though.

How far have you looked into the other SMT umbrella games? The main games, Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga might be more appealing to you; seeing as their scope is usually larger; with a tendency towards a more bleak, esoteric tone and fairly varied permutations of apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic settings. The game mechanics and design are usually much tighter in those entries as well, simply by virtue of not having to share the spotlight with school sim / VN elements.

berzeli

Banned
opera/chrome are such dead browsers until they patch this memory usage issue with gifs.s. its like they want me to switch to IE soon.

The worst part is that Opera 12 still is the king of gifs, and then they went and fucked it up with the chromium version. Oh, sigh.

Sai-kun

Banned
persona is garbage but i will watch my SO play through it for the story

edit: chrome is also garbage but i'm still using it because i hate myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom