• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that should be pretty obvious, tbh. Lest the disappearing avatar phenomenon worry you, it is a temp ban. terry will be back in exactly two weeks and hopefully rested, recuperated, and better for the experience after this brief respite from neogaf.

I wasn't sure if anyone was going to say anything about the post, but it was tacky and not appropriate for this thread. We have the b/s/t thread for that. I understand Terrisus is going through a lot of issues, but hopefully the break gives him time to come back better adjusted to certain threads, especially this one.

I hate modern country music, and yet.

My favorite Kacey Musgraves song is actually "Stupid," for whatever that's worth. I think her music is pretty clever and approachable regardless of genre.

I also dislike modern country but Kacey is my girl. Love her so much.

Vitanimus

Well, I failed at my competitive exam. We were over 6000 people taking this exam, I ended up at the 300th~ place, they only took the first 125 better ones.

I'm frustrated beyond words. Really, really frustrated. I wanted that job.

*long sigh* Well, back to look for whatever job I can find, while preparing myself to pass the same exam next year (and others too). I'm really bummed out though, feeling really... empty. Pretty sure my brain is doing the same thing as in Inside Out:
console turning grey, becoming emotionally shut down.

that's a bummer sorry to hear, it probs doesn't help loads but your position is still really amazing, and you can improve that score even more in the next year

Nohar

that's a bummer sorry to hear, it probs doesn't help loads but your position is still really amazing, and you can improve that score even more in the next year

Thank you for your kind words, kinda needed to hear that. I've known since yesterday, and I was "just" disappointed, but new feelings are showing up today with my family pestering me on what I am going to do, and I was on the verge of crying a few moments earlier. Usually I feel apathetic or annoyed after failing something, but this is getting to me more than I thought... Currently printing my curriculum vitæ and getting ready to look for jobs in town (and doing the same online tonight). Anything will do, I just need something to earn money and keep my mind occupied.

Vitanimus

Thank you for your kind words, kinda needed to hear that. I've known since yesterday, and I was "just" disappointed, but new feelings are showing up today with my family pestering me on what I am going to do, and I was on the verge of crying a few moments earlier. Usually I feel apathetic or annoyed after failing something, but this is getting to me more than I thought... Currently printing my curriculum vitæ and getting ready to look for jobs in town (and doing the same online tonight). Anything will do, I just need something to earn money and keep my mind occupied.

i relate, i recently got my second year uni results back and i knew i failed one module but when i actually heard it in person, it REALLY got to me and was super down about it. suxxxxxxxx

Subaru

i love foreign language stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P38JfibHLsM

all day erryday

Wow, beautiful song! Thanks! =D

Since you like foreign stuff, I would like to recommend Marisa Monte, an amazing brazilian singer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQ33EHkypU

I love this song!
Here you can read a good translation:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/infinito-particular-my-particular-infinite.html

Hope you like it!

I know that feeling, bro. I work for a public University and I had to take a competitive test too to get in, and I've failed two times before I joined. Keep trying, I always thinks that this kind of tests doesn't measure only knowledge but also if you are trained to do them. You'll do better in the next one, so calm down now, you will find a job to earn some coins and don't forget to keep studying for the next one! =)

Facebook guy just randomly talked about FFXI in his last message (think email style, rather than chat) and was all "I'm worried this might scare you because I don't know if you're into nerdy things." He even tried to explain internet lingo to me in the message. As I read it, I was just smugly smiling.

P.S.: I'm sorry if I end up mentioning this guy a lot and then nothing comes of it. I just had to share the FFXI stuff though.

Awn that's cute! I remember when I started talking to my boyfriend, I told him that I was playing SF IV (I was ansewering him between rounds!) and he said: "Wow, that's a violet game". He was just messing with me, of course. But he wasn't nerdy at all, now he's kinda addicted to Diablo 3. Oh, and I've taught him do his first Hadouken <3 - then he bought a 360 and he became a surprisingly good Balrog player.

Sheik

I'm happy that they didn't bury their lesbian(s) kill her off at the end of season 2, although they took the most painful possible alternative route at the end of 2x15 anyway because the writers on that show are sadists kill me pls good god

That said, I am deeply and hopelessly in love with the show and am reserving this to turn into an avatar someday when I am less lazy and season 3 is looming much closer. :D

I wonder if they went the direction of 2x15 because they weren't sure if they'd be able to get Alycia Debnam-Carey, the actress who portrays Lexa, back since she signed onto the new Fear the Walking Dead spinoff. That way they have the option of bringing her back or getting rid of her later. I'm still bitter about it. My poor shipper heart...
ADC is such a talented young actress. HER FACE THO.
Great potential avatar choice! Gah, no season 3 until 2016. :/

Nohar

Well, icarus-daedelus, I've been listening to Merry Go' Round all day long (with a little of Stupid thrown into the mix). Thank you for the discovery.

Yes
c4b216b3e0749dc0d67ff738d3d65cc0.jpg
Haha. I was actually referring to this one:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3ut1ywc9tim8s04gog40kc44s_640.gif

Deon Graham was in American Ninja Warrior. Hes got a nice body and hes a gay seaman. Unfortunately he didnt make it. Lots of people are failing at that same spot though.

pmTaGXb.jpg

HRCZQbW.jpg

Delio

Deon Graham was in American Ninja Warrior. Hes got a nice body and hes a gay seaman. Unfortunately he didnt make it. Lots of people are failing at that same spot though.

pmTaGXb.jpg

He looks pretty weird in this picture. Almost plastic. Prob just a weird photo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I see. Was it for posting NSFW images or for trying to sell something?

Facebook guy just randomly talked about FFXI in his last message (think email style, rather than chat) and was all "I'm worried this might scare you because I don't know if you're into nerdy things." He even tried to explain internet lingo to me in the message. As I read it, I was just smugly smiling.

P.S.: I'm sorry if I end up mentioning this guy a lot and then nothing comes of it. I just had to share the FFXI stuff though.

How adorable :3
start playing ffxi and then join one of his raids and dramatically reveal yourself after you help him defeat the monster! (i have no idea how mmos work, btw)

lots of First Aid Kit fans here i see... ill join the parade with this beautiful cover of Waterloo Sunset

Yaass!!

Just dropping by to say hello new(-ish) thread!

Hey there!

That's cool. I thought he was full gay but this is even cooler. :)

bis cooler than gays confirmed!

Since you like foreign stuff, I would like to recommend Marisa Monte, an amazing brazilian singer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQ33EHkypU

I love this song!
Here you can read a good translation:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/infinito-particular-my-particular-infinite.html

Hope you like it!

"This video is not available in your country"

;__;

berzeli

Banned
Oh, I totes missed the First Aid Kit discussion, they're absolutely wonderful. One of my favourite things is that for the last couple of years they've gotten dragged out on stage at the Polar Music Prize ceremony to make the pop-music recipient cry; Patti Smith, Paul Simon and Emmylou Harris
I just discovered them last night and already love them to bits. I read an article about them that referred to them as country/americana, so idk. Not all of their songs "sound country" though, that's for sure.

Been a fan of them since 2008... You're late to the party sis! :p

I see. Was it for posting NSFW images or for trying to sell something?
If I could answer, I thought what he implied he would do over the Sailor Moon Spice Girls picture. Sailor Moon are underage I think.

That is what the link went to for me yesterday (links to posts don't always go to the exact right place on the page for me) but now it is going to the selling post so I don't know.

Hasn't happened yet. Thnx though.

I am getting grey hairs like him just in lower areas.

I'll be 33 next month. I already have quite a bit of white on my sides and theres this small patch thats front and center. I'm not sure if I like it yet but the lady who cuts my hair likes it, but I'm the one paying her tips so that may not mean much.

I'll be 33 next month. I already have quite a bit of white on my sides and theres this small patch thats front and center. I'm not sure if I like it yet but the lady who cuts my hair likes it, but I'm the one paying her tips so that may not mean much.

Mine are lower....lower

Have a cousin that turned 30 today. A lot of people in my family are late june/july.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh, I totes missed the First Aid Kit discussion, they're absolutely wonderful. One of my favourite things is that for the last couple of years they've gotten dragged out on stage at the Polar Music Prize ceremony to make the pop-music recipient cry; Patti Smith, Paul Simon and Emmylou Harris

<3

Been a fan of them since 2008... You're late to the party sis! :p

Better late than never!

If I could answer, I thought what he implied he would do over the Sailor Moon Spice Girls picture. Sailor Moon are underage I think.

Oh

Too bold for me. As they say in The Bling Ring, never do anything you wouldn't want on the front page of the LA Times.

Just wear a mask. No one will ever know it's you!

Does this actually work?

HylianTom

Banned
My favorite country album still remains the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack. The dog is already getting used to us singing those songs to him. He gets "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" sung to him almost every night..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A6FwBYb4ms

(Although the "Patsy Cline: 12 Greatest Hits" album holds a special place in my heart. It was the first gift I ever bought for Greg.)

In 5 more hours I turn 35
Happy birthday!

I just spend 1200 on a new washer/dryer. Sucks paying for stuff you couldn't care less about but still need. Being an adult sucks :(
I think one of the things I miss most about childhood is not having to worry about bills, a budget, etc. Just coming home from school and hopping on my bike. Or going out into the woods for Calvin-&-Hobbes-style adventuring. Or spending an afternoon playing Nintendo.. *sigh*

My favorite country album still remains the "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack. The dog is already getting used to us singing those songs to him. He gets "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" sung to him almost every night..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A6FwBYb4ms

(Although the "Patsy Cline: 12 Greatest Hits" album holds a special place in my heart. It was the first gift I ever bought for Greg.)

Happy birthday!

I think one of the things I miss most about childhood is not having to worry about bills, a budget, etc. Just coming home from school and hopping on my bike. Or going out into the woods for Calvin-&-Hobbes-style adventuring. Or spending an afternoon playing Nintendo.. *sigh*

Thnx.

You mean to say that you don't spend afternoons playing Nintendo still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom