• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

yepyepyep

Well it certainly wasn't planned but I ended up coming out to my Dad today. Funnily enough went exactly like I imagined it. I knew because he is religious it would be awkward at first because he would probably have some weird rationalisation about it. He brought up the influences of spirits on our thoughts lol. But because he is a good person and a good father I knew he would eventually come around to it and so by the end of our discussion he promised it wouldn't change our relationship.

Tonight I guess I have to come out to my Mum, sister and brother. I'm going to do it by phone when they get home from work tonight. They aren't homophobic or religious so it will be more funny than a heart to heart discussion.

I guess I have to come out to my friends from highschool too. I've been openly gay at uni but found it difficult to come out to people I've known for a long time. They also aren't homophobic so no big deal there. Not sure if I should do it individually or as a group.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well it certainly wasn't planned but I ended up coming out to my Dad today. Funnily enough went exactly like I imagined it. I knew because he is religious it would be awkward at first because he would probably have some weird rationalisation about it. He brought up the influences of spirits on our thoughts lol. But because he is a good person and a good father I knew he would eventually come around to it and so by the end of our discussion he promised it wouldn't change our relationship.

Tonight I guess I have to come out to my Mum, sister and brother. I'm going to do it by phone when they get home from work tonight. They aren't homophobic or religious so it will be more funny than a heart to heart discussion.

I guess I have to come out to my friends from highschool too. I've been openly gay at uni but found it difficult to come out to people I've known for a long time. They also aren't homophobic so no big deal there. Not sure if I should do it individually or as a group.

Welcome to the thread and congrats!

Kevyt

Definitely take your time coming out to your friends. Don't rush and do it at your own pace. Once you come out to your parents you will feel like a huge burden is off your chest.

Subaru

"This video is not available in your country"

;__;

Sorry for that! If you are still interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MplmNSjaJZY
This should work, I guess.

First of all, congratulations for coming out to your father! =D

About your high school friends, it's funny because that happened with me too. I guess that happens because when someone knows that we are guy, we aren't hiding anything and we know that they don't have any problem. I had fear that my high school friends would not want to talk to me after I came out, because they could thinkt that I would change.

My oldest and best friend knows that I'm gay for about 8 years but still I don't like to talk about men with him. I mean it, it's like I can't say silly things like "wow Ryu is HOT in SFV" even as a joke because I think he couldn't hand well. This doesn't make sense at all, but I think I never broke up all the walls that I had to build when I was a teenager.

You guys.

I'm trying to put myself out there more. I went to a gay bar alone tonight and this super drunk chick started talking to me and wouldn't leave me alone. Went on and on about how her ex and her were boaters and sailed a boat across the ocean from Oklahoma to Arkansas, and how she had a baby with a one night stand that her divorce attorney calls a rebound baby.

Why universe. Why.

scarlet

You guys.

I'm trying to put myself out there more. I went to a gay bar alone tonight and this super drunk chick started talking to me and wouldn't leave me alone. Went on and on about how her ex and her were boaters and sailed a boat across the ocean from Oklahoma to Arkansas, and how she had a baby with a one night stand that her divorce attorney calls a rebound baby.

Why universe. Why.

Chick in a gay bar? I haven't seen any chick in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore and more..

You guys.

Why universe. Why.

You've never heard of the Great Ozark Ocean?

You guys.

Why universe. Why.

"Well, its been nice talking to you. I need to get another drink. Have a good night."

DOWN

Banned
Isn't that what man time is for?

edit: now the phrase "button-masher" takes on a whole new meaning.
You made me laugh in the same room as my dad and I didn't have a safe for work answer when he asked what I was laughing at.

Happy Birthday

Razmos

Father’s Day was nearly three weeks ago, but Dwayne Schrock only recently received a card from his son, Dwayne Jr. Oh, and it was 26 years late.
The year was 1989 when Dwayne Jr. wrote to his dad, and their relationship wasn’t exactly rock-solid.
Schrock didn’t approve of his son being gay, opting to be largely absent from his life as Dwayne Jr.’s health deteriorated due to AIDS-related illness.

--

Now 87 years old, Dwayne is appreciative of the long-lost note.
“I still kind of tear up when I think about it,” he told ABC News.
Schrock said that before his son died, he had asked him “if he made peace with God because I want to see him in heaven.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0eXSrFKdTM
Link

I don't get it, are we supposed to feel sorry for this man? A man who abandoned his son to die because he disagreed with his sexuality?

I mean it even says right there that the last thing he asked of his son was basically if he repented his sinful ways so he can get to heaven.

It's all well and good that he is tearing up at the thought of it now, but what if that card HAD arrived, would he have tried to patch things up with his son? or would he still have left his son to die, knowing that his dad doesn't love him?

Fuck this story, trying to make this little old man seem sweet when In reality he betrayed his own religious views to abandon his son for some other religious views and now he feels BAD about it in hindsight, christ.

All is forgiven because he shed a single tear 26 years later, boohoo.

scarlet

NSFW stuff I'd usually edit out unless it were something really egregious. (Please, no dicks guys. I love them as much as anyone but NO DICKS.) I understand that terrisus was seeking support (and I'm as glad as anyone to offer it) but B/S/T schemes like that really aren't appropriate here.

Maybe it's an American thing, but girls - straight ones usually to my eternal dismay - are fairly common in gay bars here. Provided it's not like, an actual sex club or bathhouse or something.

What's B/S/T schemes?

Yeah, most gay (bear) bars in Asia have written rules that no girls allowed. But some give an exception in ladies night.

Unless you're going to lesbian bar.

Symphonia

Banned
For those who care, terrisus messaged me on Skype this morning. He informed he did receive a two-week temp ban but, upon his request, it has been extended to a permanent ban. I don't know if he wanted me to tell you but I figured there are people who care about him.

Kater

Banned
For those who care, terrisus messaged me on Skype this morning. He informed he did receive a two-week temp ban but, upon his request, it has been extended to a permanent ban. I don't know if he wanted me to tell you but I figured there are people who care about him.
Hoping for the best for him on his way through life.

Au revoir, Terrisus.

If you we still reading the forums, good luck with your life terrisus. I wish you the best!

Kevyt

Girl, these are the thoughts that keep me up late at night. What if Lexa won't be on season 3 of The 100 because of a fucking Walking Dead spinoff? I wish Alycia Debnam-Carey the best success in her burgeoning career because she's clearly a bright and shining (and talented and lovely) gem, but it would be terribly weird and leave a gaping hole right in the middle of the plot to exclude her - now that Grounders are such a big part of the show and after her character made such a big impression on it in such a short amount of time.

And yeah, no season 3 until 2016 is like...jesus CW...I appreciate you keeping the show alive but do you have to be so cruel about that scheduling. :/ but maybe in the meantime these tweets can soothe your poor shipper heart bb~ keep the hope alive :c
Linings[/URL] and Step Off are my other faves on that first album of hers, and I can't wait for the new one whenever it drops.

That's my show! Few shows make me binge watch, and the 100 is one of them.

Yes that's the fear right now, that Lexa won't be back for season 3 which would suck big time. The Lexarke needs to happen. Although given the last two episodes of season 2 I think Clarke hates Lexa, I mean who wouldn't. That was very anti-climatic.

Also, the Kane and Abby needs to happen too!

For season 3 all I need is Clarke, Bellamy (he's such an Alpha lol), Lexa would be appreciated, and Lincoln (blessed be his abs).

Especially more Lincoln, way more Lincoln! :p

esms

Wish nothing but the best for him.

HylianTom

Banned
Nooooo...!!! 😥😭

Nooooo. :(

Tell him to check in with you every once in a while, OK? I worry about him sometimes. :/

Best of luck to you, Terrisus.

Razmos

Yay 35 today.
113950725_10335029.gif

Sheik

I feel like I'm going off on a tangent with all this The 100 talk in this thread. Apologies all :S. Also, happy birthday Henchman21!

Girl, these are the thoughts that keep me up late at night. What if Lexa won't be on season 3 of The 100 because of a fucking Walking Dead spinoff? I wish Alycia Debnam-Carey the best success in her burgeoning career because she's clearly a bright and shining (and talented and lovely) gem, but it would be terribly weird and leave a gaping hole right in the middle of the plot to exclude her - now that Grounders are such a big part of the show and after her character made such a big impression on it in such a short amount of time.

And yeah, no season 3 until 2016 is like...jesus CW...I appreciate you keeping the show alive but do you have to be so cruel about that scheduling. :/ but maybe in the meantime these tweets can soothe your poor shipper heart bb~ keep the hope alive :c

I'm not even going to lie. As excited as I am to see ADC in Fear the Walking Dead, I'd much rather see her back as a regular cast member in The 100 Season 3. But yeah, her career is skyrocketing right now and I'm so happy for her. It's clear that the writers are all super fond of the Lexa and had big plans for the future direction of the show that involved her character. Hopefully that still comes to fruition despite possible scheduling conflicts. Comic-Con panel today! Let the teases and spoilers begin.

Oh god, that last tweet. I love/hate the writers of the show. My shipper feels can survive on bread crumbs.

Kevyt

I'm not even going to lie. As excited as I am to see ADC in Fear the Walking Dead, I'd much rather see her back as a regular cast member in The 100 Season 3. But yeah, her career is skyrocketing right now and I'm so happy for her. It's clear that the writers are all super fond of the Lexa and had big plans for the future direction of the show that involved her character. Hopefully that still comes to fruition despite possible scheduling conflicts. Comic-Con panel today! Let the teases and spoilers begin.

Oh god, that last tweet. I love/hate the writers of the show. My shipper feels can survive on bread crumbs.

Kane and Abby need to happen too! I would ship Lincoln and Bellamy too... :3

I don't think Clexa is gonna happen sadly. According to the book, it's all bout Bellamy and Clark. :(

Finn never even existed to begin with... booo.

Thank you all. Can I have him as a birthday present?

Str8 women?

Happy Birthday! Go out with friends or family, get drunk, make out with guys, have fun!! :3

What?

None of my straight friends have ever said stud. Unless its kept for the boudoir.

boudoir? old fashioned.

I don't think Clexa is gonna happen sadly. According to the book, it's all bout Bellamy and Clark. :(

Happy Birthday! Go out with friends or family, get drunk, make out with guys, have fun!! :3

I don't drink or go clubbing but thanks anyways.

Arcipello

The goofy expression on that guys face ruins the pic above, someone get a bag for his head please... oh and now its been changed, swift!

Sheik

Wait, The 100 is based off a book?? I had no idea. Is Lexa in the book? Aw man, I really don't like Clarke and Bellamy together. I'd rather see her end up with a non-Arker. Kane and Abby will probably happen eventually. And I'd ship Lincoln with anyone because he's an Adonis. Yo, he could probably even turn me.

So I went to the DMV back in the 25th of last month to get my ID updated (was changing banks and needed and up to date ID) and they said that they'd mail it to me in 4-6 business days. Well here I am still waiting.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
IGN article about Dorian from Dragon Age: Inquisition featuring many comments from David Gaider. Beyond describing Dorian (character spoilers!), it talks a bit about the creation process of his character, as well as Bioware's history.

There are some somewhat large claims about the importance of Dorian in gaming that I enjoyed thinking about. Regarding Dorian's characterization, here's an excerpt from the article that I found interesting:

“What constitutes a gay stereotype is a difficult subject,” Gaider muses. “Certainly there’s a way for stereotypes to be harmful, no question, but I’ve never found agreement even within the gay community as to what a ‘proper’ representation of a gay character should be. Some suggest that gay male characters must eschew all characteristics that could be described as ‘too overt’: they cannot be effeminate, cannot be stylish, and certainly cannot be sexual without someone accusing them of being a harmful stereotype.

“Yet I am some of these things, and I know friends who are all of these things. Are they not the ‘right’ type of gay? Are gay male characters required to be completely straight-acting and straight-looking in order to be presentable for public consumption? Must they also avoid any ‘negative’ characteristic which could be construed as a trope or some kind of commentary on gay people at large?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom