• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

The way you objectify him disgusts me. Im literally angry with rage!

Calm down Goat

FZPyDwU.jpg

I was having a nice chat with a local here on Grindr who literally lives one mile away. Liked the same TV and music as me, was somewhat cute, and could form a coherent thought.

After a while, I wrote "Want to hang out?" and then he stopped responding even though he's online :-(

My prude self gets nowhere all this time on this wretched app, and the one time I'm even slightly forward, a missed connection :-(

:-(

And I can't even message him again or else I look desperate. I didn't even want to bone, just meet up and have some nice conversation.

Dany

Banned

And I can't even message him again or else I look desperate. I didn't even want to bone, just meet up and have some nice conversation.

That trash ain't worth your time. People get so sketched out when someone wants to hang out. All talk, no substance. You'll find someone worth you company :)

Monocle

I was having a nice chat with a local here on Grindr who literally lives one mile away. Liked the same TV and music as me, was somewhat cute, and could form a coherent thought.

After a while, I wrote "Want to hang out?" and then he stopped responding even though he's online :-(

My prude self gets nowhere all this time on this wretched app, and the one time I'm even slightly forward, a missed connection :-(

Assuming this person isn't a total waste of time, you could follow up with "I thought we could [do this specific recreational thing]." Just so your intentions are totally clear. It can't hurt, they're just a stranger.

Can we talk haircuts for a bit? My hair's grown long, and I'm not sure what haircut to get that would still be considered a "long haircut/style."

I'm kinda on the verge of just buzzing it all off, or going super short.

3phemeral

Assuming this person isn't a total waste of time, you could follow up with "I thought we could [do this specific recreational thing]." Just so your intentions are totally clear. It can't hurt, they're just a stranger.
I'd vote for this. I mean, if he's going to ignore you now, one last clarifying message ain't going to hurt. But that's if you think he's worth the effort. If he doesn't respond, you can move on, I guess. I've been out of the dating scene for a while but this seems a logical choice.

I'll try that...

EDIT: So I told him we could watch some TV (he was watching 7th Heaven when I contacted him the first time), and he said he's watching Fear the Walking Dead.

So then I told him I haven't watched AMC since Mad Men ended and he stopped replying.

I'm so awkwarrrrrrd >_<

Monocle

Can we talk haircuts for a bit? My hair's grown long, and I'm not sure what haircut to get that would still be considered a "long haircut/style."

Short/buzzed on the sides, longer on top, longest in the front. 99% of the time, it works every time.

Or you could just go with Pewdiepie's old haircut.

I'll try that...

EDIT: So I told him we could watch some TV (he was watching 7th Heaven when I contacted him the first time), and he said he's watching Fear the Walking Dead.

So then I told him I haven't watched AMC since Mad Men ended and he stopped replying.

I'm so awkwarrrrrrd >_<
Eh, that's not so awkward. Don't overthink it. Maybe he'll contact you later when he's not busy. If he doesn't, his loss. I'll bet he's not the only guy in your area who watches TV, lol.

DOWN

Banned
I'll try that...

I'm so awkwarrrrrrd >_<
He has poor taste and you don't though so you're good now

Monocle

I'm trying to be a less judgmental person, but I'm not going to lie...I thought less of him when he said that :p
Reminds me of those times when you find out a really hot guy's favorite movie is some lame Adam Sandler flick or something. Why can't all hunks be pretty and cultivated? :(

I bought the MGS Legacy Collection and I haven't even started it

smfh someone motivate me

and on completely unrelated news, i got a 95 on my math test! I also got a 98 on my first essay and an 84 on my latest Sociology quiz! I did get a shit grade on my first Theatre quiz tho- 8/14 :l

now i have to study for another math test, do another essay by tuesday, and study for the next soc quiz but tbh this is kinda fun

WarAdept

Mario Maker love

Finally got back from holidays, and Mario Maker got released! My NNID is WarAdept if you want me to follow you guys! I'll gladly rate and play your levels. Just PM me your NNID (or post here, whatever) and I'll add you when I get home from work!

Finished my level, it's designed to let those who don't have Amiibo's or are missing some to muck around with all the costumes in a playground like setting.

All the current Amiibo's are in the level (even the Gold/Silver Marios), and there's a little obstacle course at the end once you've chosen your favourite to run, jump and climb your way to the end!

Level Title: Amiibo Playground
ID: 1CBB-0000-002E-6785
NNID: WarAdept

WVW69iYfyBsg6qHbP8_zpsn0kitdcm.jpg

Kater

Banned

mohawk-hairstyle-for-women.jpg

Looks also fantastic on men. (I wouldn't leave the strand of hair besides the ears though)

Florida summers do not play around.

I haven't hit that level yet (thankfully I was mainly working night shifts during the hottest part of the summer) but I'll have moments every now and then where I'll have the AC on blast, get out of the car and they'll immediately fog up.

I don't know what part of FL you're in, but up here in the Panhandle it's finally at the point where it feels nice / cool at night. Days are still a mess, though.

Hey LGBTQIA+ Gaf, I'm not much of a poster here (I've been mostly lurking the past few years) but I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice.

There's this cute guy in one of my college classes, and I really want to get to know him. He's kinda semi-jocky and really smart/quirky, and I really dig that. The problem is I don't know if he's into men or not. I've never been in a relationship (I'm 21), so I'm not used to this stuff, and I'm left really confused ;_;

I've been trying to show signs that I'm "available", and I think I've seen some kind of response from him, but I don't know if that's just my lust for him making things seem what they're not. I feel like there's hesitation on both sides. Hesitation from me because I don't know his sexuality, and from him because he hasn't shown any explicit indication of interest in me. Aside from staring at me when he thinks I'm not looking, his "body language", and laughing at my jokes, there hasn't really been anything. I mean, to be honest, it might be that I haven't been as obvious with my interest as I think I'm being either. I haven't been forthcoming with my desire to hang out with him or get to know him, so maybe I'm giving mixed signals.

But how do I make it more obvious without pushing boundaries? How do I know if he's interested in me or not? Is the simplest way just asking him out for drinks and seeing his response? Or is it too early for that? Is there a window of opportunity that I have to make the first move before he gets bored or tired of waiting?

Only known the guy for two weeks, but we've already introduced ourselves to each other and are on acquaintance terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom