• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
same

though recently i got a haircut and i actually really liked it and i feel good lol

edit: i didnt (don't?) feel smarter than my friends tho

I said most of my peers, not my friends. I was just using the god complex thing as a rhetorical device to get at how temperamental (or prone to inflating and deflating) your ego is when you're younger, and often for reasons that are fairly psychologically complex like defence mechanisms and stuff.

Kater

Banned
Yeah word. Teenage me basically oscillated between hating myself and having a god complex. Life is funny.
Twinsies. Did that for most of my teenage days. I probably can't stay myself would I ever meet the teenage version of me right now. Although, I begin to understand why I felt some of the things at least so that might change, maybe I can forgive my past self some day. ^^

Twinsies. Did that for most of my teenage days. I probably can't stay myself would I ever meet the teenage version of me right now. Although, I begin to understand why I felt some of the things at least so that might change, maybe I can forgive my past self some day. ^^

I don't think there's much of a debt to pay off, and so it shouldn't be that hard to forgive myself, I felt like having that attitude was harder on me than anyone else, because it makes you brittle and you're the one closest to it.

Actually I forgave myself a long time ago, because it segued into depression quite a while ago and I've been digging myself out of that hole, my world view has gone through so many changes and crises I don't feel much of a connection to that person anymore. It's just kind of interesting to think about.

ah, lol. sorry :p

That's okay, sometimes I think I'm being succinct and it actually has the opposite effect.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Your gender? Male
Your sexual orientation? Pansexual
Where Are You From? South Carolina
Where Do You Live? South Carolina
How Old Are You? 21
Favorite Type of Music? Rap, but I listen to pretty much everything
Profession or Career interest? I'm currently attending college for studio arts with a concentration in media arts and I spend my weekends working at a art gallery
Favorite video game(s)? I don't really play games as much as I used to anymore, but I adore Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Persona 3/4, Steambot Chronicles, Civilization V, Rock Band 3, and I play a lot of Forza too
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? I really enjoy traveling, photography (it's my main focus of studies), listening to new albums everyday, going to concerts, and just hanging out with people!

I actually have a date with someone tomorrow (my first one with a guy) and I'm really excited for it (we're grabbing coffee and then we're going to a party that a mutual friend of ours is hosting), plus I'm just excited that it's not a "Netflix and chill" thing (cause I've fallen into that trap before)!

Welcome!

I told you guys I came out to my friend. I was afraid he might start avoiding me, but he hasn't. He's been very cool about it.

:)

Hooray! :)

DOWN

Banned
Date #2 is tomorrow. He's going to try and cook with me, but joke is on him because I've never turned a kitchen appliance on during my time in Orlando.

halfbeast

Banned
man, the gymbro culture hit this country really hard. there's hardly any average looking guys around here. it's either grumpy old men in overalls or dudebros in sweats.

and the sauna here in the neighbourhood seems pretty busy according to the GPS on grindr. :B

Kater

Banned
I don't think there's much of a debt to pay off, and so it shouldn't be that hard to forgive myself, I felt like having that attitude was harder on me than anyone else, because it makes you brittle and you're the one closest to it.

Actually I forgave myself a long time ago, because it segued into depression quite a while ago and I've been digging myself out of that hole, my world view has gone through so many changes and crises I don't feel much of a connection to that person anymore. It's just kind of interesting to think about.
Hm, I still feel connections to back then because some things made my life turn for the worse, some errors of mine. I still feel somewhat of a connection to the depressed kid from back then and that's probably why I still have hate left for him. I need to distance myself from my past self so that I can feel balance again.

I thought I was smarter than most of my peers, it was one way to cope. Not the best way though.

...I was kinda like that as a kid (until I started high school), teachers even wanted me to skip classes. I actually "dumbed down" myself to try to fit with the others in high school (which kinda work tbh).

I told you guys I came out to my friend. I was afraid he might start avoiding me, but he hasn't. He's been very cool about it.

:)

Aww yissss! :D

3phemeral

Thanks for your honesty, I really appreciate it. I'm really sorry about that experience, that guy's a prick. I'll keep this in mind as I'm trying to get to know cute boy from class

Yeah, rough times back then but ah well. Hopefully you fare better. I mean, just try to be friends and see where it goes. You might get to a comfortable place where you can be open but hey, have to get it over with and express yourself with honesty, right? So long as you're not ignoring red flags and he's a huge asshole, I don't see the harm in starting a conversation. Good luck :)

Monocle

man, the gymbro culture hit this country really hard. there's hardly any average looking guys around here. it's either grumpy old men in overalls or dudebros in sweats.

and the sauna here in the neighbourhood seems pretty busy according to the GPS on grindr. :B
Isn't it great? Straight men's socially reinforced drive get aesthetic or whatever just so happens to overlap my interests—i.e. hunk chasing and eye candy consumption. Unf. Keep lifting, boys.

It's not like when I was a kid and I'd be lucky to see a shirtless athlete on TV or a buff hero in a comic book. There are so many hot guys now, and they just keep on multiplying. Praise science.

TNTzFfpl.jpg
HyqVXNb.jpg

NzmEU24.jpg
fVzG3BW.jpg

Look you guys. It's out of control and I love it.
My hunk thirst is unquenchable.

Isn't it great? Straight men's socially reinforced drive get aesthetic or whatever just so happens to overlap my interests—i.e. hunk chasing and eye candy consumption. Unf. Keep lifting, boys.

It's not like when I was a kid and I'd be lucky to see a shirtless athlete on TV or a buff hero in a comic book. There are so many hot guys now, and they just keep on multiplying. Praise science.

TNTzFfpl.jpg
HyqVXNb.jpg

NzmEU24.jpg
fVzG3BW.jpg

Look you guys. It's out of control and I love it.
My hunk thirst is unquenchable.

They may be fun to look at but they've got the personality of a plank of wood.

Cross post from Auto-GAF
Got into a car accident today. :(
I'm alright but it happened because this lady didn't check her blind spot and turned right in front of me. Didn't have any time to react. Ugh. :(

QJUL4lH.jpg

Monocle

They may be fun to look at but they've got the personality of a plank of wood.
That's OK, because that's always been true of a lot of people. Boring and hot is better than boring and dumpy. The increase in hot guys is a net positive. As a bonus, modern fitness trends have given rise to new and magical hybrids like the sexy nerd and the sexy cosplayer.

ryA5TUo.jpg
VnckyBi.jpg

bS4qavHl.jpg
10dskNgl.jpg

DLExZIY.jpg
hiY5U6R.jpg

Yes hello sirs I love and appreciate your work pls keep going forever thank you and namaste.

P.S. The title of this Pinterest board ended me.

Cross post from Auto-GAF
Got into a car accident today. :(
I'm alright but it happened because this lady didn't check her blind spot and turned right in front of me. Didn't have any time to react. Ugh. :(

QJUL4lH.jpg
Damn, glad you're OK.

Golnei

I said most of my peers, not my friends. I was just using the god complex thing as a rhetorical device to get at how temperamental (or prone to inflating and deflating) your ego is when you're younger, and often for reasons that are fairly psychologically complex like defence mechanisms and stuff.

I guess it's a fairly common pattern, though I'm not sure how effective or beneficial it is as a coping mechanism in the first place - that oscillation between cloying self-pity and groundless arrogance doesn't really produce much in the way of positive reinforcement.

That's OK, because that's always been true of a lot of people. Boring and hot is better than boring and dumpy. The increase in hot guys is a net positive. As a bonus, modern fitness trends have given rise to new and magical hybrids like the sexy nerd and the sexy cosplayer.

Your optimism inspires me. Though I can't really be that enthusiastic about the cosplay most of the time - it can work on the rare occasion the costume suits them perfectly, but in most cases those guys would look hotter without it.

yepyepyep

Adolescence is such a weird time. The contrast between teenagers and children is so big as well. I was doing a placement in a grade 5/6 class and these year 9 girls visited to teach sewing. They were so smug and jaded compared to the primary school kids and they're only three years apart. Puberty is dangerous.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Adolescence is such a weird time. The contrast between teenagers and children is so big as well. I was doing a placement in a grade 5/6 class and these year 9 girls visited to teach sewing. They were so smug and jaded compared to the primary school kids and they're only three years apart. Puberty is dangerous.

I could not agree more.

Bladenic

Yep the conference was good. My Vita purchase will see use for quite a while yet.

Now to look forward to Persona 5 and hopefully Tales of Berseria.

Razmos

Every single one of them has an ugly face, from the neck down they all look exactly the same, and they look like a bunch of dudebro morons, no thanks.

Also GAF i'm sad because my laptop stopped working last night. :( :(
There seemed to be something wrong with the charger or the battery because it was saying that it was plugged in but not charging, I used it for an hour or so after that and it was working fine and then all of a sudden it went off.

Now when I try and turn it on it gets to the part where I put in my pin, it shows the battery as being completely empty and then it just turns off when it tries to log in.

I'm thinking of buying a replacement charger and hope that it works (the charger cable is splitting and it has given me trouble in the past), but if it is the battery... yikes.

Every single one of them has an ugly face, from the neck down they all look exactly the same, and they look like a bunch of dudebro morons, no thanks.

There seemed to be something wrong with the charger or the battery because it was saying that it was plugged in but not charging, I used it for an hour or so after that and it was working fine and then all of a sudden it went off.

Now when I try and turn it on it gets to the part where I put in my pin, it shows the battery as being completely empty and then it just turns off when it tries to log in.

I'm thinking of buying a replacement charger and hope that it works (the charger cable is splitting and it has given me trouble in the past), but if it is the battery... yikes.
i would cry if i had to be around that much straight men

and sorry to hear about your laptop :( laptops are saving my life rn

yepyepyep

Are you sure it is the charger and not the charger port on the laptop? My brother had the same thing happen to his laptop and needed to get the port fixed.

Edit: Oh wait you said the laptop said it was plugged in. My mistake.

VegiHam

What? Perhaps in an unlikely coincidence none of those guys have faces you like. (Despite the fact some of them are quite handsome.) But how can you infer their personalities from a photograph?

This body-shaming is ridiculous.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't get why are these youtube/internet personalities are famous tbh ..

I think the overly exaggerated personalities of most youtubers appeal to the younger audiences and tons of these youtubers are comedians or actors that couldn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom