• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfbeast

Banned
He told me he liked RPGs and I told him I found them a bit boring lol. But no, I haven't played any DMC so we didn't talk about that.

YEvOoFf.png

Grakl

I'm so livid right now.

I signed up for this stupid library workshop at school that one of my classes required. I set time aside from work for this nonsense, walked 20 minutes in 94-degree weather, under the scorching noon sun to get to it. It was set to start at 12:30, and I arrived exactly at 12:32 freaking drenched.

Door was locked, saying "due to high attendance" they basically do not let anyone in after the set time the workshop starts. High attendance? Wtf kind of spectacular bullshit is that of a reason? I understand I arrived late, but I had to sign up for this (as in secure a spot.) I get that they need a cut-off point, but they can't even grant a 5 minute grace-period? Really? Actual, real classes with units and credits attached to them provide students leniency, and this shill of an operation pushed onto students can't be freaking bothered to do so? The instructor saw me through the door window, and just carried on with her lecture. I can't believe how un-accommodating she was. If this was offered in any other environment outside of academia, they would have been rightfully torn apart for providing such incompetent service, with zero regard to their patrons.

If they really have a high attendance problem, either stop having real classes mandate attending this garbage, or try and run the process in a reasonable manner that shows at least some minimal form of regards to the students.

/rant.
Thats hella fucked up, esp since one of your classes required it lmao, like what?

He told me he liked RPGs and I told him I found them a bit boring lol. But no, I haven't played any DMC so we didn't talk about that.

RIP

Most RPGs dont respect your time though tbh

VegiHam

Length of game doesn't factor into how much I value a game

That'd be a nice attitude to have, but I'm not in a financial situation to go full art connoisseur mode on an expensive hobby, you know? If I can only get one game this month I'd be a fool to get one that's over in six hours.

Grakl

That'd be a nice attitude to have, but I'm not in a financial situation to go full art connoisseur mode on an expensive hobby, you know? If I can only get one game this month I'd be a fool to get one that's over in six hours.
Well, it just means I dont play games too much

halfbeast

Banned

it doesn't have to be the newest and hypest shit, does it? you can have fun with games that were only a buck or 2. hell, you can have my list of unused steam codes if you want. :p

VegiHam

it doesn't have to be the newest and hypest shit, does it? you can have fun with games that were only a buck or 2. hell, you can have my list of unused steam codes if you want. :p

I actually play a lot of stuff I pick up cheap too. It's just there are a few series I love, and have to get as soon as possible. And in the case of those games I'd rather get my money's worth. I actually waited a year to get Link Between Worlds after hearing how it was a shorter game.

One day I'd like to graduate to being a busy adult with too much important stuff to do to spend time on sidequests. But for now I'm broke.

everyone knows you're only supposed to buy new games when there's a sale...
which is a pretty bad strategy if you're a Nintendo fan I guess.. or do they do a lot of sales these days?

DOWN

Banned
i tear up immediately when one character tells another "you're going to miss me"

RIP you always know they are right

everyone knows you're only supposed to buy new games when there's a sale...
which is a pretty bad strategy if you're a Nintendo fan I guess.. or do they do a lot of sales these days?
Digital 1st party is usually buy one game get a discount on another. Like the two Zelda Oracle games for example. Otherwise, not really.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
lame :/ i wanna get a 2ds but nintendo games almost never go down in price and they don't do stuff like flash sales on psn

Actually, Nintendo has occasionally been doing digital sales recently. I just remembered that they've been doing some franchise sales (often encompassing the virtual console and more recent games of a few franchises at a time) in the past couple years. I'm pretty sure they did a lot of them at some point in relation to Smash 4, and I'm pretty sure they've done others.

It's a shame it rarely happens for their physical games, though. Seems like, unless it bombed or was from one of Nintendo's smaller franchises, it'll go out of print before it gets significantly discounted.

Kater

Banned
Nintendo has a good sale every blue moon on their own games. Like, a good sale, -50%. Not the silly -10% off at the release date.

At least third parties do some good sales on their games on Nintendo platforms.

Oh, and I just found this here.

tumblr_nv96hcb0po1rtjbxvo1_400.gif

I now want a toy gatling gun.

Kevyt

This prework out supplement I take gives me a lot of energy and endurance. The side effect is that it wrecks my stomach and I lose my sleepiness.

I don't know if I should continue, but man being able to do 20 pull ups straight on is simply amazing. I usually just do ten consecutive ones. I can do 100 pull ups, variated, in about 5-7 minutes with this pre-work out supplement. Simply amazing.

Lots of caffeine in it though.

I feel I should just go with my own energy and take nothing.

Razmos

Nintendo has a good sale every blue moon on their own games. Like, a good sale, -50%. Not the silly -10% off at the release date.

Oh, and I just found this here.

tumblr_nv96hcb0po1rtjbxvo1_400.gif

I now want a toy gatling gun.
aha amazing, I love the animation when you win with the splatling, clearly other people do too

Kevyt

Yeah, Nintendo offers good discounts from time to time.

agswDP4.gif

Edit: wait, I just read the post again. lol

This prework out supplement I take gives me a lot of energy and endurance. The side effect is that it wrecks my stomach and I lose my sleepiness.

I don't know if I should continue, but man being able to do 20 pull ups straight on is simply amazing. I usually just do ten consecutive ones. I can do 100 pull ups, variated, in about 5-7 minutes with this pre-work out supplement. Simply amazing.

Lots of caffeine in it though.

I feel I should just go with my own energy and take nothing.
What kind. Just drink coffee

DOWN

Banned
Someone remind me what song was catchier in 2014 than Blank Space if such a thing exists? You're disqualified from responding if you use Spotify, obviously
bitter

taylor%2Bswift%2Bblank%2Bspace%2Bmusic%2Bvideo%2B1.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sigh. Wish I had more confidence or whatever. I was at a RaceTrack (gas station) earlier and went inside. Talked to a really cute guy who worked there. I mentioned I was going to get some air in my tires because I was going on a trip and the light came on while driving. I left the store and pulled my car to the air thing and I noticed he was walking put toward me. He had this little machine thing in his hand and said it will let me get air for free. I said that was really nice of him and then he started to actually put air in my tires for me. I told him he didn't have to do that but he went around to all 4 tires and checked them for me. We talked about where we were from and where I was going for my trip. After we checked all the tires, we kind of just stood there for a few seconds and then he said he guess he should be going back to work but was getting off soon. I thanked him again and said it was great meeting him then left. Bah. Not 100% sure if he was gay or just being extra nice but... Wish I had done something more. Never quite sure how to go about it when I don't know his sexuality.

You should ask if he wants to hang out (just as friends) sometime. Maybe exchange numbers or something. The worst that could happen is that he says "no" and you avoid going to that place ever again so you don't have to run into him.

You should ask if he wants to hang out (just as friends) sometime. Maybe exchange numbers or something. The worst that could happen is that he says "no" and you avoid going to that place ever again so you don't have to run into him.

Not a bad idea. Not sure how weird it is to just ask if some random person you met at a gas station if they want to hang out lol. But like you said, could just avoid that one if they say no anyways. :p

Not a bad idea. Not sure how weird it is to just ask if some random person you met at a gas station if they want to hang out lol. But like you said, could just avoid that one if they say no anyways. :p
"we kind of just stood there for a few seconds and then he said he guess he should be going back to work but was getting off soon"
This implies that wouldn't be an issue.

B-Dex

Not me watching dancing with the stars to see the hot backup dancers get chest makeup done between segments.

tragic

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I dont know what this means but thank you.
It means you post randomly with weirdly tangentially related material.

PWR BTTM - 1994

Anyone here familiar with these folks? Came across them a few days ago and am really into their sound. Queer punk band from Boston (now in NYC). Awesome stuff, one of the better queer acts to come out in recent years, in my opinion.
That's
queer
punk? Maybe kinda post punk. 😝

That song does sound a lot like a pop version of lofi stuff from the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom