• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same (although I lasted about half an hour). Some of the worst writing and acting I can remember in a show.

"Keep watching, it gets sooo much better!"

Tch, talk about Stockholm Syndrome.

That's part of the appeal. It's bad, but good.

It's campy, and that's okay.

I didn't think it was that good, but after it was over, I weirdly missed not having it.

This is a pretty good description.

The show has a slow start but the writing definitely doesn't get any better, the concept is better fleshed out but thats it, the cringe doesn't stop. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't have cared if it didn't get a second season.

I'm glad I didn't judge it too harshly. I think I'll miss this party, my tolerance threshold for TV is getting lower these days. I tried watching The 100 recently, too (up until the tenth episode or so?) and while I could see some good points I couldn't sustain my interest amidst all of the silliness and 'just okay' execution.

Sis, I finally watched Rectify and it might be too much to handle. Prison, race, death penalty, that old white guy, justice system corruption shit. I'm not sure I can handle it. S1:E1.

You are just like my friend then! (that's how we got on this topic, remember? lol.) I will say though that it's secretly one of the most optimistic shows on TV, that optimism just doesn't come at the cost of realism or setting an appropriate tone. So it's definitely more than worth it if you're up for feeling moments of joy and clarity amidst a distinctly human madness and uncertainty. I find that contrast only serves to amplify everything and make it all seem more sincere or believable, since in real life we can have feelings that are like joy and sorrow mixed so thoroughly that we can't even separate one from the other... and even though those kinds of feelings are kind of difficult or paradoxical, they fill your heart up in this very signficant way because they feel honest or real and they aren't just shallow sentiments meant to be taken in easy small portions. If you do watch this show and allow yourself to just feel everything, your emotions will not be abused.

Monocle

Trying to finish far cry 4. Forgot how hot Sabal is.

True King of Kyrat.

Sabal2.png
I'm really fond of Far Cry 4 just for the fact that the game gave me my ideal ending.

Not only was Pagan Min every bit the awesome flamboyant psycho I'd hoped for, but the ending where you meet him and he's totally cool with you and then he flies off in his helicopter is exactly the kind of thing I would have fantasized if the game had forced me to kill him. I absolutely love that I was able to see off such an entertaining character on my own terms.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/2/13/enhanced/webdr08/anigif_original-grid-image-18066-1401730827-19.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21904-1401730255-9.gif

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/2/13/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-19827-1401730134-12.gif
That second gif froze while loading in just the right way to make the second guy's arm look like the first guy's great big dick. I had to do a double take.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I just wrapped up a very long 24+ hours of traveling and interviewing people for my project. Now just a couple hours of waiting and a couple more hours of traveling and I can begin to enjoy what'll amount to almost 2 solid days with the boyfriend (that will still need to involve some work but oh well).

Fuck if I got a dollar everytime I watched Titanic and cried.

I would have over $100.

After years of hearing about this movie but never seeing it, would you say that it is worth watching? Or is the praise for it inflated?

Elitist1945

After years of hearing about this movie but never seeing it, would you say that it is worth watching? Or is the praise for it inflated?

Its probably the best movie I've ever seen, in many ways. Its got amazing romance, great action/destruction, great soundtrack. Its a technical masterpiece.

Not too sure if you care about the 'behind the scenes' aspects of the movie, though. All in all, great watch.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I just don't want to change people's opinion of me. There are openly out employees at my workplace. But news travels fast around the office, and I just don't want to be talk of the town. Plus I can't freely check out some of the dudes at work if they know I'm gay.
Being out opens doors to possible relationships, and I don't mean just within your workcenter. If the worst that could happen is that some coworkers might think differently of you, you honestly should reconsider. Not having to lie about who you are on a daily basis is quite the stress reliever.

DOWN

Banned
Titanic is a great movie. Easy to see why it flew to highest grossing of all time and held it for so long, and was bound to sweep the Oscars as soon as it released. It's technical gold and a perfect fit for the romantic epic label.

tumblr_n42w6dMhnl1ttuhjao9_500.gif

Well, if you insist.

I have yet to do this free weight. I use the Smith machine and my arms cramp up when I'm holding the bar. One day. One day!
I think I went straight to the free weights for my first time. I think the only issue I had was pain on my traps but that went away when I had my shirt under it. But I say practice more and you'll stop having arm problems. Maybe ask someone to help!

3phemeral

I think I went straight to the free weights for my first time. I think the only issue I had was pain on my traps but that went away when I had my shirt under it. But I say practice more and you'll stop having arm problems. Maybe ask someone to help!

Yeah, I think my arms cramping up is the reason why I haven't been lifting as much for that exercise. The weights I'm doing now don't feel like they do much of anything, but I figured I should go through the motions to get used to the form so that when I graduate to the free barbell, I won't be awkward. Last week was the first time I was able to feel any workout with the Smith machine and that was at 100 lbs. Though, I'm sort of iffy on whether or not I can balance that without the Smith machine so I usually try to make up for that by doing 150 on the incline leg press for both wide and normal footing.

Anyone here play USF4 on PC?
Nice eyebrows, I love them. Do you get them threaded/waxed?

Hah, thanks! I surprisingly don't. I occasionally have to clean up the middle section from a few stray hairs but it's their natural shape.

Sagitario

3zgVzcal.jpg

First day of work someone peed on me, someone yelled profanity and yet, overall, I've loved it here.
Also im so fucking sleep deprived holy shit

I'm amazed by how good you look after all that. And I won't get tired of saying it: DAT BEARD fits you so well!

yn6OP8X.gif

Kevyt

Yeah, I think my arms cramping up is the reason why I haven't been lifting as much for that exercise. The weights I'm doing now don't feel like they do much of anything, but I figured I should go through the motions to get used to the form so that when I graduate to the free barbell, I won't be awkward. Last week was the first time I was able to feel any workout with the Smith machine and that was at 100 lbs. Though, I'm sort of iffy on whether or not I can balance that without the Smith machine so I usually try to make up for that by doing 150 on the incline leg press for both wide and normal footing.

Hah, thanks! I surprisingly don't. I occasionally have to clean up the middle section from a few stray hairs but it's their natural shape.

Ah, nice!

You have really nice eyebrows.

Roger that.

whOOfZ6l.jpg

Guess the game!

Dark souls 2 Scholar of the first sin!! :D

I'm amazed by how good you look after all that. And I won't get tired of saying it: DAT BEARD fits you so well!

yn6OP8X.gif

Who's that guy in the gif?

so many flawless pics

slay huns

Post a selfie based Geo. :)

RM8

Nice. What chars do you guys main?

Also, if you guys ever wanna play some matches. I'm up for it.
Mostly Makoto and Chun, but I'm learning Dhalsim. SF4 is the only SF where I don't main Dhalsim, I didn't like him a lot this time, but he's growing on me... now that SFV is almost here :p I like Dan, Decapre and Yang too, but I'm terrible with them.

RM8

I don't play ArcSys stuff or Skullgirls, and I gave up on DOA because of the bad PC port. I play pretty much everything else to varying degrees :p Street Fighter, SSB, Mortal Kombat, KOF, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, etc.

DOWN

Banned
Went with friends to a cocktail party in a downtown store and I got my good good buzz so I chatted up someone who thought I was really quiet before so that feels good
Hey guys, get the best album of 2015. Thanks and have a good day

work-britney-spears.gif
I fell for this unmarked link trick but I appreciate it because Leave A Trace is quite nice and I hadn't checked out the album yet

Yes, I remember. Lol. Hmm, very interesting analysis. I am definitely not going to give up on it just yet. I will probably give it until Episode 4 (since that is apparently the decisive episode for viewers to decide if they are going to continue to watch a show or not), and if I don't think I can continue handling it by then I might stop. We'll see. It seems like a show that will make my heart hurt. Like, I already cried once in the first episode. Lol.

That's fair. Or just watch the first season (it's six episodes), it's actually a really self-contained and economical story arc, each episode is one day after Daniel gets out of prison, so the entire season takes place over about a week, which is really interesting from a storytelling perspective.

Also I love it when a TV show can make me cry. It feels so good.

Hey guys, get the best album of 2015. Thanks and have a good day

I like CHVRCHES but the best album so far is actually Jam City - Dream a Garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom