• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

You thought you saw some furry art, so you went back to look at it in greater detail? Mmhm, no need to repress these things, you'll be happier out of the closet ;)
Aha, nah, it was within plain sight outside the shop when I left, I looked at it again to be sure of what I thought I'd seen the first time!

DOWN

Banned
Awkward situation in work today when the slightly older man that chatted me up during/after I left high school came in to order.

Mild eye contact ensued.
chUf953.gif

So in Sense8.

Sun gets her period and is mostly fine, but Lito turns into a fucking emotional wreck that no woman would ever become even with hormonal shifts during menstruation?

I suppose it is meant to be comedic but it is so over the top it veered into dumb.

Arcipello

Most gays are probably furries as well.

actually even though you are joking i think the opposite statement is true, to me furries seem like people who place a costume over their sexuality in order to characterize it and seperate it from themself.
this is just my theory so no offense to anyone out there.

Grakl

actually even though you are joking i think the opposite statement is true, to me furries seem like people who place a costume over their sexuality in order to characterize it and seperate it from themself.
this is just my theory so no offense to anyone out there.
This happens, there's a gaffer that likes muscley fur dudes and said he wasn't gay, dunno if that's still happening

Razmos

So in Sense8.

Sun gets her period and is mostly fine, but Lito turns into a fucking emotional wreck that no woman would ever become even with hormonal shifts during menstruation?

I suppose it is meant to be comedic but it is so over the top it veered into dumb.
The point was that Sun internalizes her feelings, even her crazy period feelings, but due to the sensate connection, they got passed on to Lito instead, which was probably amplified by Lito's own struggles at that point.

The point was that Sun internalizes her feelings, even her crazy period feelings, but due to the sensate connection, they got passed on to Lito instead, which was probably amplified by Lito's own struggles at that point.

Do women in real life actually get "crazy period feelings"? I actually haven't really seen much good evidence in the scientific literature I've encountered. Hormonal changes can effect behavior, and women do get cramps that can be pretty bad, but I haven't seen evidence that even 1% of women become hysterical emotional wrecks as a result of their hormonal changes during a period. The whole thing was written like what a 10 year old boy thinks a period is.

Razmos

Do women in real life actually get "crazy period feelings"? I actually haven't really seen much good evidence in the scientific literature I've encountered. Hormonal changes can effect behavior, and women do get cramps that can be pretty bad, but I haven't seen evidence that even 1% of women become hysterical emotional wrecks as a result of their hormonal changes during a period. The whole thing was written like what a 10 year old boy thinks a period is.
Probably not like that, no. It could have been amplified by the sensate powers and focused onto one person (Lito) which could have been the problem. It wasn't really explained.

I'm just gonna chalk it up to being comic relief, haha.

Yeah, Lito and Hernando are unreal levels of hot.

I'm going to guess "no" but did they happen to use real gay actors for the gay characters since they used a real transwoman to play a transwoman? It would be super cool if they did.

Razmos

Yeah, Lito and Hernando are unreal levels of hot.

I'm going to guess "no" but did they happen to use real gay actors for the gay characters since they used a real transwoman to play a transwoman? It would be super cool if they did.
Lito's actor is straight, apparently.
I wouldn't be surprised if Hernando's actor was too.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Had a visit with my doctor this afternoon and now get to be on prescription meds for the first time in my life (for a trial run, at least). Hopefully this can help mah peen work properly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Most furry art is gay.

Probably most furries are as well.

I know quite a few gay furries.
Am not one
You're right, a lot of that art work and "fandom" is gay or bisexual. I don't get it but if they're happy... ASCII shrug. Not my business.

In any case, that condom thread. I can't even... just typical gAF.

Berordn

In any case, that condom thread. I can't even... just typical gAF.

It's the least stealthy stealth brag thread!

Though it's got good intentions at least. That's a pretty big section of the population that has serious trouble with condoms. I'm not quite there as I can get a magnum on and have it stay on on but it's kind of an uncomfortable fit.

Guys, I need help.

I've been reading that thread about coping with being ugly, which reminds me a lot of how I used to feel about myself. I hated myself, especially in pictures.

So, I've started to accept that I'm ugly and try to take care of myself a bit more, just so I'm not dirty on top of being ugly.

But, I think my main problem is that I'm not an approachable kind of guy.
I have a gloomy demeanour, I'm not a funny guy, I'm not a good talker, and I look creepy when I smile with my teeth showing. I also often feel lost when talking in a group.
So basically, I find myself boring.

I usually have a set of conversations to go through, but for the life of me I can't do follow up to any topics. So the conversation usually goes in short bursts or filled with an awkward silence.
This is the one thing I would like to work on at the moment. I feel like I can't get close to anyone if we don't have deep meaningful conversations.

So, any tips on being a good conversationalist?

Delio

Guys, I need help.

I've been reading that thread about coping with being ugly, which reminds me a lot of how I used to feel about myself. I hated myself, especially in pictures.

So, I've started to accept that I'm ugly and try to take care of myself a bit more, just so I'm not dirty on top of being ugly.

I have a gloomy demeanour, I'm not a funny guy, I'm not a good talker, and I look creepy when I smile with my teeth showing. I also often feel lost when talking in a group.

I usually have a set of conversations to go through, but for the life of me I can't do follow up to any topics. So the conversation usually goes in short bursts or filled with an awkward silence.
This is the one thing I would like to work on at the moment. I feel like I can't get close to anyone if we don't have deep meaningful conversations.

As someone who cant really talk to be very well I think you just have to work on your small talk. It's something I havent been able to nail down but im working on it. I understand your pain tho at not being able to carry a conversation I end up letting other people talk and just get lost in the convo.

Kevyt

Guys, I need help.

I would say work on your self-esteem first then think about stuff you are passionate about. People like to talk about what interests them the most. It's awesome when two people are talking and they're in tune as far their topic of discussion. In other words, they're both interested in having a conversation.

In my own experience there was one guy who talked a lot about some crazy stories and I never believed him but he was really good conversationalist I would say. Interesting and unusual conversations.

I take it you're an introvert?

Delio

I would say work on your self-esteem first then think about stuff you are passionate about. People like to talk about what interests them the most. It's awesome when two people are talking and they're in tune as far their topic of discussion. In other words, they're both interested in having a conversation.

This is pretty true. If im talking to my friend about something we both like I can get lost in a convo with him for hours. All depends on the topic and such.

In my own experience there was one guy who talked a lot about some crazy stories and I never believed him but he was really good conversationalist I would say. Interesting and unusual conversations.

I take it you're an introvert?

I think you are right, I need to work on my self esteem.

I feel like people will think I'm weird if I'm being open about myself. I like sitting in my room playing games or just surfing the net. The games that I'm playing are usually different to what most I know are playing.
Of course I have friends that I can really connect with, but what about people with different interests?

I'm also not open about my sexual orientation, so I can't talk about a big part of my life. And I find that very frustrating.

Yes, I would say I'm an introvert. I go to parties and I try to approach people now and then, but it just feels like it's going nowhere. It's the usual small talk.

fernoca

Being a national anthem singer and getting free T-shirt swag = :')!
Less clothes next time!!!

:p

All this talk about Sense8. Haven't watched it yet, but it's kinda funny seeing "Lito Rodriguez", since that's my brother's name (Lito is short for Miguel, by the way. My brother and father share the same name, but because he's basically "Jr." we call him Lito). :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Being a national anthem singer and getting free T-shirt swag = :')!

Were you singing the Italian national anthem? That's a pretty cool shirt (and it's in Italian, right?).

That's very interesting. What is he offering? If you don't mind me asking. Spill the tea.

I'm so happy for you! I hope it works out, and don't worry too much about it. Just let it all sink in.

It has evolved a bit since I wrote that, and I'd really rather not be anything more than vague out of respect (I feel a bit icky that I mentioned anything at all here publicly now that it might actually become something), but essentially he's very understanding and willing to offer as little or as much as I want emotionally/physically. It has become really sweet.

Speaking of which, I have a favor to ask of one of you here that I'm going to spoiler tag because it's kind of a NSFW subject:
Who feels comfortable and knowledgeable enough about how to practice safe male-male sexual activities to PM me about it? I know some basics about safety, but I'm generally very uneducated about this and would really appreciate hearing words directly from someone well-informed and possibly experienced. Unfortunately, I don't really have any gay/bi friends IRL who would be helpful.
I hope that request is appropriate for the forums—I apologize if it isn't. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom