• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait has Biforce posted in the past day? Is he alive?

dddddddddd

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
lol, yes. :)

Also I read your posts about wanting to build a pc, and psyren said it better, go and fully build one from scratch. Using a prebuilt pc can be tricky (psu and compatibility).

I recommend that you check out http://pcpartpicker.com to see prices and if there are any compatibility issues as far as PSU, Mobo chipsets, etc... As well as check out some combo deals they have from time to time. Gaf also has a thread for this in the gaming section.

It can seem daunting at first, but trust me when I tel you it's as easy as legos or a puzzle board game.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the input! I wanted to avoid that gaming section thread because I'm the noobiest of noobs (for example, I had to google "PSU") and would rather not be thaaat person. I've been reading stuff and compiling information, but there are a lot of little basic details that I'm still trying to get explained. I'm hoping I have a friend who has done this who can be patient and just answer all my questions for an hour (and maybe help me build it). I guess I'll find out if I know such a person after I start posting on social media about it. Thanks again.

not Nintendo making half of gaf have a breakdown AGAIN

the way they refuse to appeal to the lowkey pedo market

let me stan and buy a wii u rn

edit: oh wow, congrats razmos!

The way EviLore killed that thread gave me life.

The doctor is in.

GiMlpRd.gif

From the moment I saw that first gif, I knew this would be something special. This is absolutely wonderful.

And so is this.

Kater

Banned
Those guys didn't have the guts to speak up to her as they didn't want to ruin the interview, heh. Good on her for scolding them tho, they deserved to be called out for their nasty comments.

Veeboy

I love how she cut them off with their bullshit straight out the gate. Like how do you even get that douchey to act that way to someone's face.

God dayum with all the pics you guys. (don't stahp.)

Anyway, had my Halloween outing last night.

Edward Scissorhands dressed for the corporate life:

(I procrastinated putting it together so much, so lol, cruger hand mcgivered as a scissor hand.)

Kevyt

God dayum with all the pics you guys. (don't stahp.)

Anyway, had my Halloween outing last night.

Edward Scissorhands dressed for the corporate life:

(I procrastinated putting it together so much, so lol, cruger hand mcgivered as a scissor hand.)

This is the best costume I have seen! You look amazing. :3

Johnny depp ain't got nothing on you.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any Halloween films that are a part of the gay or queer cultural canon that I should watch tonight?

Kevyt

Last night's costume, he wanted to be the devil so I opted for devil's advocate. My face was actually much more gaunt than the photo shows but oh well. :)

Tonight I'll be in full drag which I'm excited about :)

That's an amazing costume idea, and literally perfect combo.

You're criminally handsome. Too handsome :3

Nasser

Oh god not another 5 pages on this.
*avoids thread*

Haha. I really would love to understand the idea behind calling someone racist if they're not attracted to people of race X. I understand that it would seem odd to write off an entire race as unattractive, but the initial attraction to someone is completely subconscious. If someone doesn't find people of race X attractive then they can't help it, right? Honestly I don't know, It's a hard question as I can see how it could be argued a bit either way. but let me see what you guys think

Razmos

Haha. I really would love to understand the idea behind calling someone racist if they're not attracted to people of race X. I understand that it would seem odd to write off an entire race as unattractive, but the initial attraction to someone is completely subconscious. If someone doesn't find people of race X attractive then they can't help it, right? Honestly I don't know, It's a hard question as I can see how it could be argued a bit either way. but let me see what you guys think
I think the general consensus was that even if you "can't help it" it's still racist because you've been conditioned to think that way or something.

But that's more of a problem with society itself rather than the individual and I can't help but find some features more attractive than others, and I don't exactly see the harm in it if I'm not actively going on Grindr and saying "No blacks or asians" or shit like that which is something I would never do.

DOWN

Banned

Let me just link the page from a couple of weeks ago where we went in depth on this. one moment

EDIT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=181021840#post181021840

We started here-ish, and it continues on for several pages if you want some of our recent perspectives and questions

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Beauty is a learned standard. There's no such thing as fixed beauty.

You can't help what you're attracted to... on the surface. But it's an internalized behavior and it can be uninternalized if you make the effort to do so. Those raised in religious environments may reflexively object to gays. Does that mean they don't have a responsibility to change themselves? Does that mean they can't?

No.

(There is a distinction between sexual attraction and physical attraction. Sexual attraction depends on genetic expression our brains interpret as "masculine" or "feminine". Physical attraction is when society deems thin women more desirable than thick women. Keep in mind this is a recent thing. Our ancestors liked women with more meat on their bones.)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Haha. I really would love to understand the idea behind calling someone racist if they're not attracted to people of race X.
You know what matters the most Nasser?
c3f5bf12fc.gif

Make sure to read the link that was posted earlier about it.

Mathunilx

Neo Member
Hello, new guy here! #birepresent

I come in with a somewhat weird story. So I met a girl but I wasn't all that attracted to her. However, I thought she was funny and I wanted to be friends with her. I told her she was really nice and I think she kind of realized she wasn't going to get anything more from me and she started acting weird. So last week I went to a date with a guy and she texted me and I replied I couldn't answer because I was on a date with a pretty awesome and handsome guy but she got mad because apparently she didn't get to have a date with me.

She knows I'm bi but now she's mad at me for not wanting to be more than friends with her and going on a date with a guy.

I don't know what to do with her because now she randomly explodes when she talks to me because she thinks I'm leading her on or whatever. I have been pretty clear that I wanted us to be friends and nothing more.

What do I do? I feel like our friendship is very hard on her.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hello, new guy here! #birepresent

I come in with a somewhat weird story. So I met a girl but I wasn't all that attracted to her. However, I thought she was funny and I wanted to be friends with her. I told her she was really nice and I think she kind of realized she wasn't going to get anything more from me and she started acting weird. So last week I went to a date with a guy and she texted me and I replied I couldn't answer because I was on a date with a pretty awesome and handsome guy but she got mad because apparently she didn't get to have a date with me.

She knows I'm bi but now she's mad at me for not wanting to be more than friends with her and going on a date with a guy.

I don't know what to do with her because now she randomly explodes when she talks to me because she thinks I'm leading her on or whatever. I have been pretty clear that I wanted us to be friends and nothing more.

What do I do? I feel like our friendship is very hard on her.

Sometimes you need to be extremely direct with people. You told her she was really nice and that can leave things up to interpretation to some people. Also if the text message is the same way you wrote it here I may see how she is taking it as if you were throwing it at her. If after you guys have a conversation making everything clear things continue to be clashing maybe it's best to part ways instead of letting worse things build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom