• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathunilx

Neo Member
Sometimes you need to be extremely direct with people. You told her she was really nice and that can leave things up to interpretation to some people. Also if the text message is the same way you wrote it here I may see how she is taking it as if you were throwing it at her. If after you guys have a conversation making everything clear things continue to be clashing maybe it's best to part ways instead of letting worse things build up.

I feel like the bolded part is already happening.

She's been talking about hurting herself and I'm hoping it has nothing to do with me not wanting to be anything more than a friend. I'm not that special anyway.

I have told her that seeing a psychologist might be a good option is she's feeling really bad but she doesn't want to and she thinks she's undateable. (she's pretty and smart so it's not true)

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I want to be really nice with her (because I have had a difficult past and I understand she might have too) and I understand that sometimes any help can save a life.

So yeah :|

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I feel like the bolded part is already happening.

She's been talking about hurting herself and I'm hoping it has nothing to do with me not wanting to be anything more than a friend. I'm not that special anyway.

I have told her that seeing a psychologist might be a good option is she's feeling really bad but she doesn't want to and she thinks she's undateable. (she's pretty and smart so it's not true)

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I want to be really nice with her (because I have had a difficult past and I understand she might have too) and I understand that sometimes any help can save a life.

So yeah :|
You do your best to offer your friendship and support her.

Also you need to make it clear that is not that is not that she is undateable but that she isn't exactly your type. You can tell her she is beautiful and smart and all her positive traits to lift her spirits up and maybe that can help her stop thinking about self harm since sometimes people need someone to cheer them up. Also it could be somewhat manipulative if she is doing it because you don't want to date her. She needs realize that is not that she is undateable but that people have different taste/preferences when it comes to dating.

Also she can find other things to do instead of self harming which you could suggest to her so maybe things get better and direct her feelings to other things. She could let her frustrations by punching a pillow, write in a journal and perhaps take trips to places that might help her clear her mind or enjoy instead of staying in a place that might bring her the bad vibes/memories whatever. She needs to keep herself busy in order to keep those feelings away and in some ways you can help with that and in others she needs to make effort on her own.

Post halloween costumes people.

I didn't do anything this year *tugboat noise*, but these were the last few costumes I made.

zZwNLFa.jpg

687FW6I.jpg

rEQ72XU.jpg

pobOYVZ.jpg

6gQkIFV.jpg

kurXmRe.jpg

question! How is not being attracted to a race, racist?

Not being attracted to people and a pattern emerges that they happen to be a race(s) = not racist

Not finding anyone of a race outright not attractive and/or/other not even considering people of a race in the first part sexually = high probability of being racist roll 2 D20's to see

Monocle

From the moment I saw that first gif, I knew this would be something special. This is absolutely wonderful.
I love this post so much!! It's not my birthday but I love it. ������
Thanks!

Dr. Monocle, why aren't you running for president?
Apparently they won't let me take summer off to observe hunks in their natural habitat, so of course I had to decline.

Monocle

Shoutout to Ariana Grande for shutting off some casual gender role stereotyping in an interview

http://lavendersyndrome.tumblr.com/post/132264087543/swift-machine-ariana-grande-ending-white
EXPOSE THEM

SMH at the retrograde rubbish they were spouting at her. We have a long way to go if those kinds of free-range meatheads are still running about broadcasting sexist messages to the children. Shut that shit down and join the rest of us in the present century. Damn.

LOCK

Guys I didn't see any gladiators or Romans or etc.

There was a distinct lack of exposed abs and chest.

Why God, why?

Son Of D

My Halloween costume was my work uniform, because I had to work a real shitty overnight shift. But that's a rant for another day.

My plan was to be Nicholas Angel from Hot Fuzz this year. Last year I was Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. By process of elimination I think you can guess my 2016 costume.

DOWN

Banned
Not to be a pain but the Apple Store automated phones are no Bueno so I just shout MANAGER to bypass all the reroutes and automated questions to talk to the store manager because I do not have time for their attempts at fly swatting away the laymen

Bladenic

Guys I didn't see any gladiators or Romans or etc.

There was a distinct lack of exposed abs and chest.

Why God, why?

Same. On the other hand there were a pair of footballers players one which wasn't wearing anything under the white tights... Actually it maybe have been a jock but still yum

Kevyt

Not to be a pain but the Apple Store automated phones are no Bueno so I just shout MANAGER to bypass all the reroutes and automated questions to talk to the store manager because I do not have time for their attempts at fly swatting away the laymen

Apple problems, Apple problems...

Hey, it's been a while !

I don't think anyone of you even remembers me from..like..half a year ago lol.

(I took a long break from gaf to get some pretty laborious university-stuff sorted).

I tried watching Once Upon a Time and it was okay for a few episodes. Then it turned into this flaming hot garbage heap. Credit to the actors for saying those lines in front of green screen with a straight face though. This show really belongs on TGIF with Family Matters and Full House.

VegiHam

I tried watching Once Upon a Time and it was okay for a few episodes. Then it turned into this flaming hot garbage heap. Credit to the actors for saying those lines in front of green screen with a straight face though. This show really belongs on TGIF with Family Matters and Full House.

You aren't supposed to listen to them talk; you're just supposed to watch cus they're all hot. Especially Killian.

Q. If I am very thin and decide to fatten up by eating lots of doughnuts and pastries, will I put on some weight before running the risk of getting diabetes?

Q. If I am very thin and decide to fatten up by eating lots of doughnuts and pastries, will I put on some weight before running the risk of getting diabetes?

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but if you're just packing on 10 or 20 pounds over a couple of months, I wouldn't expect that to lead to diabetes. I think of diabetes as more of a result of a bad diet over several years. Your genetics has a big impact too, so you have to be more careful if a lot of blood relatives have a history.

This would be a good question for your doctor.

How many calories do you eat daily, and more importantly drink?

I've been trying to drink 1k calories in milk each day. But that fell through because I find it hard to force myself to eat/drink so much of the same thing each day.

And since I'm not gaining (or losing) weight I know I'm somehow not eating enough calories. It is a bit hard to keep track of the exact amount because I don't know how many calories are in some of the meals I cook. Like I made fajitas today and I know how many calories are in the wraps, but I couldn't tell you how much cheese/meat/onions/peppers I used.

I'd like to just scarf down prepackaged cookies/cakes for a couple weeks/months to put on an additional 20 pounds, and then eat like I normally do (which doesn't have me losing or gaining).

Idk CB. Try adding candy, snacks as you suggested, and instead of just milk, maybe do some juices, chocolate milk, and soda. I find that calories through drinking works best.

I've been trying to drink 1k calories in milk each day. But that fell through because I find it hard to force myself to eat/drink so much of the same thing each day.

And since I'm not gaining (or losing) weight I know I'm somehow not eating enough calories. It is a bit hard to keep track of the exact amount because I don't know how many calories are in some of the meals I cook. Like I made fajitas today and I know how many calories are in the wraps, but I couldn't tell you how much cheese/meat/onions/peppers I used.

I'd like to just scarf down prepackaged cookies/cakes for a couple weeks/months to put on an additional 20 pounds, and then eat like I normally do (which doesn't have me losing or gaining).

Honestly if you're choosing to gain weight by eating fatty foods and sugary things then you are putting yourself at health risks long term, assuming you plan to eat a lot of it.

What you really should be going for is a high protein diet with some weight lifting through the week, that way you're gaining lean muscle and not just fat that you'll want to get rid of in the future anyway. That way you're not putting just bad nutrients in your body.

I gained 20 pounds pretty quickly by focusing on high protein foods (chicken, eggs, nuts as snacks, etc.) and making sure I'm eating every 3 or 4 hours, and coupling that with some weight lifting three times a week. I looked and felt better at the end of it.

Please don't over-indulge on pastries. :p

Very handsome Soulscribe
*wipes sweat from brow*

Thanks Raz :3

Honestly if you're choosing to gain weight by eating fatty foods and sugary things then you are putting yourself at health risks long term, assuming you plan to eat a lot.

What you really should be doing is doing a high protein diet and do some weight lifting through the week, that way you're gaining lean muscle and not just fat that you'll want to get rid of in the future anyway. That way you're not putting just bad nutrients in your body.

I gained 20 pounds pretty quickly by focusing on high protein foods (chicken, eggs, nuts as snacks, etc.) and making sure I'm eating every 3 or 4 hours, and coupling that with some weight lifting three times a week. I looked and felt better at the end of it.

Please don't over-indulge on pastries. :p

My plan is really only to do it until I gain 20 pounds or so. Then go back to eating how I currently eat. Are there really long term health consequences for just going on an eating bender for a few months?

As for the high protein diet with working out, no thanks. I've no desire to stress over eating enough healthy calories, and getting enough protein, and developing a proper work out routine, and learning proper form, and making time to work out while working full time and going to school. Nor do I want to find and join a gym.

I'm also unsure of how I'd be expected to eat every 3-4 hours when my work only allows a single 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch.

My plan is really only to do it until I gain 20 pounds or so. Then go back to eating how I currently eat. Are there really long term health consequences for just going on an eating bender for a few months?

As for the high protein diet with working out, no thanks. I've no desire to stress over eating enough healthy calories, and getting enough protein, and developing a proper work out routine, and learning proper form, and making time to work out while working full time and going to school. Nor do I want to find and join a gym.

I'm also unsure of how I'd be expected to eat every 3-4 hours when my work only allows a single 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch.

I think your solution is to eat more in general, your metabolism is really high so obviously your calorie intake is lower than it could be. That doesn't mean you can only gain weight if you eat shitty food, you just have to eat more. Meats are high calorie and aren't poison for your body. It's not worth getting bigger by eating terribly, because you could run into health risks (if you're prone to heart disease, for example), and I guarantee you won't feel good at the end of it.

And FYI, the key to weight gain is also pacing your meals, so you would have to eat more often than just the standard three times a day. Otherwise you might not see those gains very fast, because you're giving your body enough time to metabolize those meals. That means snacks in between. Is it possible for you to pack some snackies to eat in between your 15 and 30 minute breaks?

I think your solution is to eat more in general, your metabolism is really high so obviously your calorie intake is lower than it could be. That doesn't mean you can only gain weight if you eat shitty food, you just have to eat more. Meats are high calorie and aren't poison for your body. It's not worth getting bigger by eating terribly, because you could run into health risks (if you're prone to heart disease, for example), and I guarantee you won't feel good at the end of it.

And FYI, the key to weight gain is also pacing your meals, so you would have to eat more often than just the standard three times a day. Otherwise you might not see those gains very fast, because you're giving your body enough time to metabolize those meals. That means snacks in between. Is it possible for you to pack some snackies to eat in between your 15 and 30 minute breaks?

No I work in a lab regulated by the FDA. No food or drink allowed. I can't space out my meals by 3-4 hours or eat multiple times a day. Unless I pack in all my eating in the 5-6 hours I have left in the day after I get back from work. I essentially have to pack in 2000+ calories into possibly breakfast (if I wake up early enough for it), a snack at my 15 minute break, my 30 minute lunch, and then what I can eat after 8-9 hours of work.

Also, meat is fairly pricey. Moreso than cheap doughnuts and pastries. I'm probably not asking in the right place, but can you provide any link that will show me eating shit food for 2-3 months and then going back to eating regular vegetables/meats will lead to lifelong health consequences? As someone else said, I was under the impression that poor eating habits over long periods of time were the problem. Not a 1-3 month bender.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Why are you trying to gain 20 pounds? I mean, beyond the obvious "I want to get bigger" aspect. What is driving you towards this goal?

Why are you trying to gain 20 pounds? I mean, beyond the obvious "I want to get bigger" aspect. What is driving you towards this goal?

I'm 20 pounds underweight. I actually don't really care to "get big" in the muscular sense. I just don't want to be literally skin and bones.

No I work in a lab regulated by the FDA. No food or drink allowed. I can't space out my meals by 3-4 hours or eat multiple times a day. Unless I pack in all my eating in the 5-6 hours I have left in the day after I get back from work.

Also, meat is fairly pricey. I'm probably not asking in the right place, but can you provide any link that will show me eating shit food for 2-3 months and then going back to eating regular vegetables/meats will lead to lifelong health consequences? As someone else said, I was under the impression that poor eating habits over long periods of time were the problem. Not a 1-3 month bender.

Haha well, it sounds like you're insisting on this being your only option, so I guess that's your answer. I'd always recommend checking in with your doctor and getting a routing check up (physical, lab work) before anything. I'd just keep in mind that pace plays a big role for people with high metabolism, and you can look up articles on weight gain for ectomorphs, because there are nuances to pay attention to. FYI, I was just skin and bones for most of my life, and I only really legitimately gained weight when I ate more often, and not just more bulk per meal. I wouldn't go super heavy on sweets coz that shit causes cavities. Good luck :)

Haha well, it sounds like you're insisting on this being your only option, so I guess that's your answer. I'd always recommend checking in with your doctor and getting a routing check up (physical, lab work) before anything. I'd just keep in mind that pace plays a big role for people with high metabolism, and you can look up articles on weight gain for ectomorphs, because there are nuances to pay attention to. FYI, I was just skin and bones for most of my life, and I only really legitimately gained weight when I ate more often, and not just more bulk per meal. I wouldn't go super heavy on sweets coz that shit causes cavities. Good luck :)

Well unless I quit my job I can't increase the frequency of my meals so...

Also I'm mostly positive that it has nothing to do with metabolism or being an ectomorph and almost everything to do with a lack of sufficient calories for weight gain. 2000 is the recommended amount for maintaining weight, which is probably what I tend to average.

Also no, it isn't my only option. But it doesn't strike me as being a bad option. My only worry would be health effects, but I haven't been able to find anything that says 2-3 months of eating a bunch of cookies will lead to permanent lifelong health consequences.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I'm 20 pounds underweight. I actually don't really care to "get big" in the muscular sense. I just don't want to be literally skin and bones.
The thing is, you'll just be trading being skin and bones for being skin and bones with a belly if you go through with eating a bunch of pastries as your weight gain method. 20 pounds of unhealthy weight gain will go almost entirely around the midsection.

I spent a good portion of my early adult years being around 125 pounds at nearly six feet tall. I can sympathize with what it's like to feel skinny and underweight all the time. That's why I say to you now speaking from experience that I don't recommend your current plan. You're better off staying where you are until you have the time to gain weight properly through exercise and steady, healthy eating.

The thing is, you'll just be trading being skin and bones for being skin and bones with a belly if you go through with eating a bunch of pastries as your weight gain method. 20 pounds of unhealthy weight gain will go almost entirely around the midsection.

I spent a good portion of my early adult years being around 125 pounds at nearly six feet tall. I can sympathize with what it's like to feel skinny and underweight all the time. That's why I say to you now speaking from experience that I don't recommend your current plan. You're better off staying where you are until you have the time to gain weight properly through exercise and steady, healthy eating.

That's me currently

Could I then possibly do some basic exercise (like body weight fitness stuff) while eating improperly just to get the calories? I don't really have the desire to join a gym. It would be much easier for me right now to just do pushups, situps, rows, dips, and that sort of stuff.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Could I then possibly do some basic exercise (like body weight fitness stuff) while eating improperly just to get the calories? I don't really have the desire to join a gym. It would be much easier for me right now to just do pushups, situps, rows, dips, and that sort of stuff.
It would definitely help. Instead of just fat gain, you'd put on some muscle as well. No way to know how much, but the more work you put in, the better.

Exercise would help increase the appetite, at any rate.

Kevyt

I'm able to gain weight super crazy fast, its ridiculous.

I'll take being skinny/high metabolism any day. Food wouldn't be an issue for me.

Eat eat eat, nom mom nom. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom