• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
using an ariana gif....the self drag

love urself sis

ydPjTm7.gif

Kater

Banned
I feel like watching the original Star Wars trilogy... I've actually never seen Star Wars, lol. Do they still hold up?

Go for it. Those films are classics for a lot of people and worth a watch just so you can form your own opinion on them (plus you'll have more to talk about with nerds then :p).

Isn't it?

For me it is. I like the kind of person that gets really passionate about a story and nerds do that a lot. That's what I like about them.

Socially awkward nerds often mistake my polite deference as an invitation to rant about stuff I don't care about, as a vaguely defined social group I don't find them terribly charming anymore. Plus I feel like they're always into horribly gaudy stuff like steampunk.

what kind of impeccable taste?? marry me
Drunk at a show that I'm not super invested in

Best kind of drunk!!!
is it a concert? hew is it
Go for it. Those films are classics for a lot of people and worth a watch just so you can form your own opinion on them (plus you'll have more to talk about with nerds then :p).

Yep get into it. Do your homework for the new movies :)
I'm watching the first one (Well.. episode IV) now. It's not bad at all actually.

Monocle

I turn into a gay wizard or I will die in 87 days. ; ;
It's OK, I saw a documentary with a gay wizard who lived for three hundred lives of men.

What was his name...? Gary? Gendry? Gandralph?

Anyway, when he had a rod in his hands he could work magic.

Watched Spectre yesterday with my father (we always watch the new Bond films in theathre, it's almost tradition at this point).
It was pretty good, I liked Skyfall more, but the new one wasn't bad at all.

Something that caught my attention before the movie even started was a random IKEA advert. It was about Christmas and the stuff people do before the family reunion starts etc.

Then they showed the family together and one of the close ups was the son of the family kissing his boyfriend on the cheek.

They didn't make a big deal out of it, it came off incredibly natural in this "feel-good-commerical" kind of ways.

Sorry for ranting here, but it was such a nice little touch. The times are changing.

Kater

Banned
Socially awkward nerds often mistake my polite deference as an invitation to rant about stuff I don't care about, as a vaguely defined social group I don't find them terribly charming anymore. Plus I feel like they're always into horribly gaudy stuff like steampunk.
What do they rant about to you? Normally people seek out like-minded people, not people that have no interest in their hobby.

Steampunk can be gaudy, sure, but there's a lot of good designs that came from that.

Watched Spectre yesterday with my father (we always watch the new Bond films in theathre, it's almost tradition at this point).
It was pretty good, I liked Skyfall more, but the new one wasn't bad at all.

Something that caught my attention before the movie even started was a random IKEA advert. It was about Christmas and the stuff people do before the family reunion starts etc.

Then they showed the family together and one of the close ups was the son of the family kissing his boyfriend on the cheek.

They didn't make a big deal out of it, it came off incredibly natural in this "feel-good-commerical" kind of ways.

Sorry for ranting here, but it was such a nice little touch. The times are changing.
Oh, this one here right?

They do that for some time now, the first one I could find was an advert from 1992 on Youtube.

Also, they have an ad featuring a guy that fools around with a girl before his boyfriend comes home. Bit of an odd way to show off bisexual people, could have been done differently. And not in a cheater way, maybe shown all of them in a poly-amorous relationship.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ariana Grande has good songs.

It's just that she's featured in them, lol. Well, Love Me Harder is good, but yeah.

I was gonna make a snarky quip about how All My Love was pretty much all Major Lazer's work, but I looked it up and both Lorde and Ariana had a big hand in writing it, so good for them. ✌🏽️ One of my favorite tracks of the past year for sure.

The Weeknd is so good live tho. Get into him.

Also, I can't wait to jam with you and Sarah to Venus Fly!!!
tumblr_mhdw6cXoo81qmmp6no1_500.gif

He was very very good, and the crowd was great. Not super into his slower stuff, but his performance was great and he's got an incredible voice.

is it a concert? hew is it.

The Weeknd. My girl is a big stan for him so I got us tickets to his fall tour :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought they die at 60, 30 years for each sex.

I was gonna make a snarky quip about how All My Love was pretty much all Major Lazer's work, but I looked it up and both Lorde and Ariana had a big hand in writing it, so good for them. ✌🏽️ One of my favorite tracks of the past year for sure.

He was very very good, and the crowd was great. Not super into his slower stuff, but his performance was great and he's got an incredible voice.

The Weeknd. My girl is a big stan for him so I got us tickets to his fall tour :)
but the the weeknd slays sai how can u not be into the show

Oh jeez, what did you say?

I just asked about the 24 year old dude she mentioned yesterday, in a way that made it clear I have interest."What does he look like?"

So... yeah.

mid post edit: She just texted me "I don't know. why?"

.... fuccck why did she have to give me a way to chicken out.

edit2: I'm such a chickenshit... though I didnt respond right away and she seemed to get the hint. Says she'll ask for a picture.

3phemeral

I just asked about the 24 year old dude she mentioned yesterday, in a way that made it clear I have interest."What does he look like?"

So... yeah.

edit2: I'm such a chickenshit... though I didnt respond right away and she seemed to get the hint. Says she'll ask for a picture.

Of course, you could always do the I-m-asking-for-a-friend excuse.

CyW2Pg

Ok I said I'd be interested in a picture. She said "K" and then was typing something but then didnt. I think she's just going to let this be a thing without making it some sort of big deal. Thank god.

Or she's texting the whole rest of the family...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

So... yeah.

Yaaaay! I hope he's cute! The process you're starting is a scary one, but it sounds like everything will turn out fine. Keep us posted.

Ok I said I'd be interested in a picture. She said "K" and then was typing something but then didnt. I think she's just going to let this be a thing without making it some sort of big deal. Thank god.

Or she's texting the whole rest of the family...

Ride the wave and try to stay relatively calm. It'll be awesome if you can just go on a date with this guy and thus "come out" without making it an event. Like I said, keep us posted.

What do they rant about to you? Normally people seek out like-minded people, not people that have no interest in their hobby.

Steampunk can be gaudy, sure, but there's a lot of good designs that came from that.

You'd think so, wouldn't you. But now I just associate nerd conversations with the kind of conversations I don't want to be involved in. Alas.

And I struggle to think of one good design 'steampunk' has ever produced, at least from an aesthetic perspective :p

I was gonna make a snarky quip about how All My Love was pretty much all Major Lazer's work, but I looked it up and both Lorde and Ariana had a big hand in writing it, so good for them. ✌��️ One of my favorite tracks of the past year for sure.

I assumed it was all Major Lazer's work, too. Consider me pleasantly surprised.

I think Ariana is generally pretty darn good when she's singing about love and stuff, it would be nice if she'd try more to stay in her wheelhouse, because otherwise she makes stuff like Focus which is mediocre to awful, lol.

Isn't that pretty much all of us? The LGBT community is very insecure (not without reason sometimes though)

Idk, I might be growing into my looks or self-confidence something, but I feel like if anything I am just becoming more vain, lol.

Shinobix

I used to like weddings but now they kinda depress me. Also, I thought I had gotten over my crush on my best friend (straight) but nope. Ugh!

LOCK

Yeah weddings suck. Cause love sucks.

*cries in the corner*

I'm in a long distance relationship (wasn't always so), which we have decide to keep open. Neither one of us act on it, but rather FaceTime each other every night and complain how we have to sleep alone.

At least he likes to tease me with sexy dances and tight boxer-briefs.

:/

*cries in the corner*

Oh, this one here right?

They do that for some time now, the first one I could find was an advert from 1992 on Youtube.

Also, they have an ad featuring a guy that fools around with a girl before his boyfriend comes home. Bit of an odd way to show off bisexual people, could have been done differently. And not in a cheater way, maybe shown all of them in a poly-amorous relationship.

Yep, thats the one I saw.

Ah, so it's more of a recurring theme...in IKEA commercials .

The austrian one is pretty weird, agreed. Schatzi/Florian is pretty cute though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom