• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

0fUtqn2.gif

Spotify was probably one of the better investments I've made. My musical tastes have expanded significantly. Too bad nobody around me seems to know about any of the bands spotify recommends to me.

What would be the best way to hit on a retail employee who I am sure is gay?

Make small talk, maintain eye contact, smile, and then buy something and leave my number/name on the receipt?

Bladenic

Make small talk, maintain eye contact, smile, and then buy something and leave my number/name on the receipt?

Shit like that only happens in wacky rom coms and sitcoms. You stare at him, buy your shit, then leave and never see him again

Kater

Banned
Flirting over the counter probably just ends in a very uncomfortable scene for you both. Plus I'm sure they shouldn't flirt with customers. :p

DOWN

Banned

Personally as a retail employee id have dropped my single pants if you could do justice to Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie

Bring several different condoms up to the register. Ask him which condom he thinks would best fit you.

If he doesn't work in that type of store bring the condoms anyways.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's what I was thinking. So then how. And don't tell me "you just shouldn't bother."

Your way sounded pretty good to me. Your mission is essentially to show interest. If he's interested, he'll text or call you. If he's not, then he might be a little uncomfortable, but there's no real harm done because it wasn't going anywhere anyways and he can just ignore it. The phone number is a little more subtle (assuming he sees it) and less confrontational than verbally saying something, which would put him on the spot and might make him uncomfortable in a work environment.

I say go for it and hope for the best. He'll meet you halfway if he wants to.

Kevyt

The Nexus 6P I got a week ago is off getting repaired for a manufacturing defect, they aren't replacing it because I don't have the original packaging. >:-[
(Got it through a plan)

Yikes, that sucks. :(

I'm sure it will be perfect after its repaired. As of today I got my 6p and it's really big. I didn't expect it to this big... I'm still on the fence whether I should keep it or return it.

Werk!

Maybe this is a sign.

Maybe.

Elitist1945

I keep accidentally calling people on my S5 instead of texting them because I swipe to the left a little. Anyway to turn that 'feature' off? Really annoying.

What! I'm sorry to hear that, thats really shitty :(
I suspected I should have kept the packaging. :(

Yikes, that sucks. :(

I'm sure it will be perfect after its repaired. As of today I got my 6p and it's really big. I didn't expect it to this big... I'm still on the fence whether I should keep it or return it.
It is bigger than I'd like too, but the size would become normal after a little while. Going back to my perfect Nexus 5 of two years after just a week of a 6p and it feels small.

So LettersGAF, which game would you call your favorite? I've been thinking about this lately and I really can't decide.
I'll say Dragon Quest VIII or Dark Souls.

It is much easier to list favourite series. Dragon Quest. Souls. Ratchet & Clank. Atelier. Final Fantasy.

So LettersGAF, which game would you call your favorite? I've been thinking about this lately and I really can't decide.

Legend of Legaia
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy VI, VII , IX, X, XII
Dragon Quest VIII
Threads of Fate

I don't have a fixed fave over JRPG's. It's more than one for me for different reasons.

Monocle

Halo 1 has been my #1 since I played it around a year after it was released. I love the whole franchise except for 4 and the non-FPS spin offs. (5 was way better than I expected, thankfully.)

Runners up are these series: The Elder Scrolls, Tekken, Bayonetta. Oh, and Okami is up there too. As for PC games, I loved Starcraft and Warcraft 3 back in the day.

Kevyt

My favorite game? I have no favorite game, I have many favorite games. But if I had to choose a game that would be the Last of Us.

It's a game that left me feeling 'what do I do with my life now that I've finished it'? In addition to the emotional rollercoaster, soundtrack, storyline and characters, it's pretty high in my list of favorite games.

Sibylus

Banned
Too many to count, really.

Even if I simplify by favourite game franchises, I still have Half-Life, Halo, Civilization, Dota, Team Fortress, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Gone Home, Company of Heroes, Left 4 Dead, Age of Empires. I love games.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Bayonetta 1 and 2
Dark Souls 1 and 2
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Zestiria
Super Mario World and Galaxy
Castlevania Symphony of The Night, Castlevania 3, Castlevania 4, all GBA and DS games.
Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2
Super Mario RPG
Okami
Resonance of Fate
Beach Spikers
Dead or Alive 5
Killer 7
No More Heroes
Valkyrie Profile
SSX Tricky/3
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2
Soul Calibur II

I cant choose lol.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Dark Souls 1 and 2
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Zestiria
Super Mario World and Galaxy
Castlevania Symphony of The Night, Castlevania 3, Castlevania 4, all GBA and DS games.
Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2
Super Mario RPG
Okami
Resonance of Fate
Beach Spikers
Dead or Alive 5
Killer 7
No More Heroes
Valkyrie Profile
SSX Tricky/3
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2
Soul Calibur II

I cant choose lol.

Do you think you're ranking ToZ here because it's recent or do you think it's a new long-term resident of your list? I'm surprised because I hadn't seen someone rank the game that high in the Tales franchise yet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do you think you're ranking ToZ here because it's recent or do you think it's a new long-term resident of your list? I'm surprised because I hadn't seen someone rank the game that high in the Tales franchise yet.

It seems it will be a long term resident. I really enjoyed the game and going through it again and I dont do that usually that quickly with games. It has some short comings but it has a strong cast and a decent story compared to recently released Tales of Games. Also its shows the promise of what the future of the series will go in terms of exploration and the combat. (Star Ocean 5 might knock it out considering how it looks but only time will tell)

Interesting picks. I've always said TWEWY is like my favorite game ever but I'm not sure now. I feel like if I had to list them it would be: Twilight Princess, TWEWY, Majora's Mask, Smash 4, Kingdom Hearts BBS, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days... don't judge lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dota

8,000 hours in this genre over 10 years speaks for itself.

Dota

8,000 hours in this genre over 10 years speaks for itself.

Wish I could get into this genre. First person (Smite) helped a lot, but I still suck.

My favorite games are probably TWEWY, Radiant Historia, Fallout New Vegas, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, Paper Mario TTYD. All of them RPGs now that I think of it.

Actually I'd have to throw stuff like Phoenix Wright (especially the third game) and 999 in there.

This list is Nintendo system dominated

edit: Oh I never got into the Persona games but I liked Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Devil Survivor. With Devil Survivor being one of my favorites. Holy fuccck I love that game.

Given that cheating could always occur, when (if at all) do you usually feel comfortable enough in a monogamous relationship to start going bareback with the guy? Marriage?

It is way to hard for me to pick a favorite game. I would have to say some of my favorites are ratchet and clank, MGS 2, league of legends, binding of Isaac rebirth, cs go and cs source.

So of my best times gaming where going to a cs source sever that I always went to because everyone knew everyone and people where always chill and having fun.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Given that cheating could always occur, when (if at all) do you usually feel comfortable enough in a monogamous relationship to start going bareback with the guy? Marriage?

If I can follow up on this question...is cheating a concern that people typically have in their relationships? I wouldn't think I'd be in a relationship with someone if I suspected they'd cheat on me, and I wouldn't want to act/behave as if there's always a chance they've cheated on me. But maybe I'm just too trusting?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Blast Corps. Undoubtedly.

Was, like, six months for us? Cheating isn't always a concern, but I do get that's your kind of viewpoint on people, which is fine.

Ekai

Even through the initial English release - poorly translated, horribly programmed, graphically poop, inaccessibly obscure though it may have been - Russian indie darling/cult favorite Pathologic still came out of nowhere (seriously, even discovering its existence was a total accident) to claim ride-or-die #1 bae in my heart, a testament to its unique greatness. It's hard to put into words exactly what about it made such a deep impression on me without sounding like a flowery drunk madman, but there you are. Deeper than the deepest of deeps. What a masterpiece.

BUY SONG ON ITUNES STEAM NOW

I would put Pathologic up there as well. It just has such a perfect sense of atmosphere,some of the strongest writing I've ever seen in gaming (despite the initial english release not living up to snuff), character, etc. etc. The game does a perfect job really pulling you in and making everyone feel fleshed out as a character. Even the town itself really. Plus I love the fact that only a portion of the story is revealed through each of the protag's eyes. Having to play all of them to get the full experience isn't just a cosmetic choice in character but a truly different game experience entirely.

As for other games, I did an extensive list in my IBQ if anyone cares to look at that.

Are you getting the remake when it comes out, icarus? I am and I keep on debating if I want the board game as well or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom