• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

While I don't really want to dig into this too much in here of all places... when you consider how large a game they're expected to make here, episodic just makes sense.

And it's not inherently a bad thing, just have to wait to see how it's being divided and what's getting added/removed.

Anyway, more naked people plz.

Your xmas hat request is done :)

M5bdQdg.png

Episodic content works fine in a situation where a mainline game is already integral enough to remain standalone and have its base game be supplemented by additional content, like with Spartan Ops in Halo 4.

Episodic content in the context of FF7R: lol

Monocle

ughh buff asians, my weakness, staph gaf.

i hear you loud and clear buddy

p90ahlIl.jpg
7yCyRfdl.jpg

halp how did those get here i am so bad with computer

NSFW?: ohh, gosh, wow, fascinating

7RZE9Tal.jpg
rVXGJiql.jpg

aGZJGh6l.jpg
qTGM8NKl.jpg

oh my stars and garters

RbYqHkE.jpg
JOGvCaw.jpg

DB8CvZ5.jpg
QJCWQktl.jpg

gondor calls for aid

a0CD3ly.jpg

wGzlzzX.png

hey btw how do you like these shorts?

C4fjH4Kl.jpg

oh noes i cropped it wrong and he's probably not even asian

PqcOLfL.jpg

there we go... hey what happened to the colors?

xP2UOs7.gif

9fouKiV.gif
6I4zocN.gif

l3jXOKc.gif
2j2ncAo.gif

jesus take the wheel

I dunno if it's faith so much as hope that they can turn things around after their rather lackluster PS3/et al days.

You would think self-preservation would kick in eventually, though. It would be one thing to hope if SE actually communicated any self-awareness about their failures.

Golnei

You would think self-preservation would kick in eventually, though. It would be one thing to hope if SE actually communicated any self-awareness about their failures.

Things looking up somewhat with their recent collaborations might have suppressed that instinct - Dissidia, Nier Automata and even Star Ocean 5 looked like the product of a different company than the one that languished in the previous generation. Which only made the sense of betrayal with the truth of VII more painful.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Things looking up somewhat with their recent collaborations might have suppressed that instinct - Dissidia, Nier Automata and even Star Ocean 5 looked like the product of a different company than the one that languished in the previous generation. Which only made the sense of betrayal with the truth of VII more painful.

Now if Square decided to make a new Valkyrie Profile and Radiata Stories... (and maybe buy Resonance of Fate away from Sega if Sega doesnt want to do anything with that IP)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I put Square on probation after they split with Nintendo way back in the day, and pretty much broke ties after the up-and-down PSX era. Bless my foresight
oldman.gif

Saw Burnt last night, with Bradley Cooper. Pretty enjoyable movie about a chef aiming for a 3rd Michelin star after a dark period in his life with drugs and alcohol in which he made a couple of enemies.

And Bradley Cooper kisses a guy in this movie. Not in the way you'd expect, but it was still nice to see ;)

Saw Burnt last night, with Bradley Cooper. Pretty enjoyable movie about a chef aiming for a 3rd Michelin star after a dark period in his life with drugs and alcohol in which he made a couple of enemies.

And Bradley Cooper kisses a guy in this movie. Not in the way you'd expect, but it was still nice to see ;)
Wet Hot American Summer may also meet your needs.

Monocle

No no, please continue. :)

It's a burden you must carry on, my dear Monocle.

The life of a hunkologist is not an easy one.
Monocle, continue. So good. :)
Frankly I'm shattered that you're all so eager to see me sully my reputation for purity and temperance. This must be the peer pressure my parents warned me about. It's absolutely...

Absolutely, um...

X8EgFM1.jpg
x8dOgN5.jpg

iPu9slVl.jpg
M5xHPCM.jpg

Lyx6UwOl.jpg
2Wbfj7El.jpg

wG95Jcf.jpg

Wait, what was I saying again?

cKc5Omgl.jpg
p2hHQ3Hl.jpg

XBLdS9vl.jpg
zNL3O2Il.jpg

LIiQHs6l.jpg
hiEuWZDl.jpg

I20vTMAl.jpg
qdccyKNl.jpg

66hFKmYl.jpg

6oBEqdN.jpg

NSFW maybe?:

one little
two bashful
three modest bulges
four growing
five swelling
six throbbing bulges
seven aching
eight raging
nine mighty bulges
ten bulges in our pants

And now to reclaim my innocence! I think I'll start with a cathartic Google search to cleanse my mind, like "naughty hunk gets a stern lesson."

Berordn

Episodic gaming is not inherently a bad thing.

But come on, it's hard to give them benefit of the doubt here. Is each episode gonna be a content loaded 60 dollar game, or is it gonna feel like small scale "demos" of what's supposed to normally be one, epic, Grand, experience? All while milking the fans?

We don't know! It's way too early to have any idea what it's going to end up being. It might be your worst case scenario, or it might end up being a cohesive ARPG when all is said and done. The latter is still possible, we just have to wait for something other than two lines in a PR statement to go from there.

Your xmas hat request is done :)

M5bdQdg.png

Ooh, forgot to check the other thread. Much obliged :)

Kevyt

Frankly I'm shattered that you're all so eager to see me sully my reputation for purity and temperance. This must be the peer pressure my parents warned me about. It's absolutely...

Absolutely, um...

X8EgFM1.jpg
x8dOgN5.jpg

iPu9slVl.jpg
M5xHPCM.jpg

Lyx6UwOl.jpg
2Wbfj7El.jpg

wG95Jcf.jpg

Wait, what was I saying again?

cKc5Omgl.jpg
p2hHQ3Hl.jpg

XBLdS9vl.jpg
zNL3O2Il.jpg

LIiQHs6l.jpg
hiEuWZDl.jpg

I20vTMAl.jpg
qdccyKNl.jpg

66hFKmYl.jpg

6oBEqdN.jpg

NSFW maybe?:

one little
two bashful
three modest bulges
four growing
five swelling
six throbbing bulges
seven aching
eight raging
nine mighty bulges
ten bulges in our pants

And now to reclaim my innocence! I think I'll start with a cathartic Google search to cleanse my mind, like "naughty hunk gets a stern lesson."

Yaasss o/

it's always gaming that gets them banned.

speaking of gaming. the new xenoblade is pretty boring so far and the small text is killing me. even with the adjusted camera setting it's still wonky. i'll still play because my character is a charcoal looking guy. (y)

Kevyt

it's always gaming that gets them banned.

speaking of gaming. the new xenoblade is pretty boring so far and the small text is killing me. even with the adjusted camera setting it's still wonky. i'll still play because my character is a charcoal looking guy. (y)

I knew it.

RM8

I only buy these games from Square Enix:

- Dragon Quest Monsters. Status: stuck in Japan.
- Dragon Quest. Status: alive, it seems.
- Final Fantasy Tactics. Status: dead.
- Random spin offs. Status: loving Dragon Quest Heroes, will buy FF Explorers.

So they're a mixed bag for me, really. What would hype me the most would be DQM Joker 3 being localized, or a new Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre (without the shitty fanservice that plagues the genre these days). I pretty much don't care about mainline FF, KH, Nier, Dissidia, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom