• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Hey, it's going great, thank you for asking. :)

So what goes in on in this thread usually? I'm a little lost lol.

Generally we talk about whatever, relationships, struggles of coming out, games, movies, normal stuff idk
Your gender?
Your sexual orientation?
Where Are You From?
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Profession or Career interest?
Favorite video game(s)?
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?

answer these!

I never ever liked cRPG games, but I bought Underrail and it is so fun that now I have to go back to revisit stuff like the original Fallout 1 and 2.

RM8

I never ever liked cRPG games, but I bought Underrail and it is so fun that now I have to go back to revisit stuff like the original Fallout 1 and 2.
I love Diablo-ish stuff. Currently playing Victor Vran (one of my GOTY candidates) and Grim Dawn. That'd be my favorite kind of CRPG.

BTW this is my GOTY list. What's yours, LettersGAF?

Bladenic

I love Diablo-ish stuff. Currently playing Victor Vran (one of my GOTY candidates) and Grim Dawn. That'd be my favorite kind of CRPG.

BTW this is my GOTY list. What's yours, LettersGAF?

Stuff like that is so hard for me because:

1. I often forget all the games I played
2. I often play many games that were not released during the respective year and it's just a jumbled mess.

In fact, off the top of my head right now, I only played 4 games released during 2015: Trails in the Sky SC, Yo-Kai Watch, Tales of Zestiria, and Resident Evil Revelations 2. I really can't think of another, the rest were all games from other years. RIP.

However, I did buy quite a few games released this year that I just haven't got to, so oops.

RM8

Stuff like that is so hard for me because:

1. I often forget all the games I played
2. I often play many games that were not released during the respective year and it's just a jumbled mess.

In fact, off the top of my head right now, I only played 4 games released during 2015: Trails in the Sky SC, Yo-Kai Watch, Tales of Zestiria, and Resident Evil Revelations 2. I really can't think of another, the rest were all games from other years. RIP.

However, I did buy quite a few games released this year that I just haven't got to, so oops.
Yeah, overall I think I play more games that weren't released recently :p But I actually managed to find 10 new games that were really good this year IMO.

Alavard

I don't think I played 10 new games this year.

1) Heroes of the Storm (it released out of Beta this year, so it counts to me)
2) The Beginner's Guide
3) SOMA
4) Her Story
5) Life is Strange
6) Cities: Skylines
7) Pillars of Eternity
8) Super Mario Maker

I think that's all I've got.

Top 10 games I played this year:
1) Smash 4 3DS
2) Tales of Xillia
3) Tales of Symphonia
4) Xenoblade Chronicles
5) Destiny TTK
6) Zelda: MM 3D
7) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
8) SteamWorld Dig
9) Etrian Odyssey Untold
10)Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Elitist1945

My Top 5:

1. Until Dawn
2. Halo 5
3. Dying Light
4. Battlefront
5. The Order: 1886

Honorable mentions:

1. Fallout 4 (I haven't finished it, which is the only reason its not in my above list)
2. Uncharted Collection (I played the games on PS3, which is why its not in my above list)
3. Just Cause 3 (see Fallout 4)
4. Tearaway: Unfolded (I played the game on PSV, which is why its not in my above list)
5. MGS 5 (see Just Cause 3)

I put a lot of thought throughout the year into my top 10 for that thread each year.

I will copy/paste my most recent ordering.

1. Bloodborne
2. Splatoon
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D
4. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
5. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
6. Resident Evil HD Remaster
7. Undertale
8. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
9. Dragon Quest V

The tenth might be Zestiria but the gameplay is overloaded with systems to its detriment. Maybe N++? King's Quest episodes 1 and 2? Life is Strange was on my list for most of the year but by the end I wasn't feeling it enough. The issue is there are so many possible inclusions, maybe I could remove a remaster or two...
Maybe Yakuza 5 could be a late addition.

my top 3 are rocket league, everybody's gone to the rapture and until dawn. can't be arsed doing the rest of a top ten really. there's too many games from this year i loved to break itdown.

Palmer27

I don't think I played 10 new games this year.
2) The Beginner's Guide
Loved (or at least got a lot out of) The Beginner's Guide

Here's my list:
Undetale Felt more like reading an amazing book - always out of the left field and unexpected.
Bloodborne Beautiful dance of death. Countless hours and amazing setting.
Bayonetta 2 Grinning with laughter and adrenaline in this other dance of death. I only played it this year so it bloody counts.
The Witcher 3 Similar appeal of constant unexpected turns to Undertale.
Arkham Knight The main game was polished enough that this on my list despite the side-quests and Batman's stupid car
The Beginner's Guide Really got what this was about as somone creative who's dealt with mental health. Wasn't so keen on a late game twist though
The unreliable narrator thing made the story too vague at the last minute for my liking
Honerable mention The Unfinsihed Swan Played it thanks to psplus this year - I think anyone who enjoyed The Beginner's Guide would be up for this. Other than the twee narration, I can't think of much I disliked here.

3phemeral

Oh wait, I lied. I did play Civ: Beyond Earth and Banished, both of which I enjoyed a great deal. So, my amended list would be:

1. Fallout 3
  2. Banished
  3. Civilization: Beyond Earth
But I suppose it doesn't really count since none of them were released this year anyway. lol

3phemeral

I thought Civ Beyond earth was garbage. I thought it would be like Civ V and it would be the best thing ever. Nope!

Civ V is great, for sure. My first Civ game and I played the hell out of it. Civ:BE is only on the list because I don't play very many games these days. :) Also, it was too much like Civ V but lacking in meaningful features like...what's up with trade routes and their respective bases? Why is this spy mechanic so broken? Why are they waging war over the dumbest things?

I think I played maybe 50-60 hours of CBE while CV got about a 100 or so. I actually want to play it again after talking about it.

Grakl

top 5ish

1. Downwell
2. Undertale
3. Rocket League
4. Sunless Sea
5. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
6. Splatoon

I played more games but I didn't finish most of them (as usual) so I didn't bother with top 10

Xenoblade Chronicles X would probably be top 10 by end of year

Splatoon was a disappointment after playing it for a while, but it's still interesting and fun. I like everything about it except the gameplay gets stale.

I thought bloodborne was garbage

Also, Crawl is very good multiplayer game, but still in Steam Greenlight.

RM8

BTW Tekken 7 is suddenly looking fantastic, hnng. Just look at Ling's new look. Will main her with the intensity of a thousand suns.

1450717873-xiaoyu01-1450703695.jpg

1450718596-xiaoyu03-1450703696.jpg

Please come to PC so I can remove that disgusting chromatic aberration, though :x

Meicyn

Gold Member
I've only finished 2 games so far this year, Dark Souls 2 and the FFXIV Heavensward expansion on PS4. Enjoyed both. Got a good ways into The Witcher 3, but then set it aside when Fallout 4 released since I was ready for more Fallout. But then that had to be set aside because now I'm in the middle of a major move and have no access to a TV. Started playing Xenoblade X, but my interest in the game is wavering. I'll probably power through it this holiday weekend and get it over with before I lose all interest.

Can't wait to have access to a TV again so I can get back to Fallout 4, and The Witcher 3 afterwards. My backlog is getting pretty ridiculous.

DOWN

Banned
I'm trying to find something to get boyfriend for Christmas and all he's getting so far is a pair of socks and sex

Yeah im bad at completing games, i get though most of the game then kinda switch to another one. That probably why i like rogue likes so much because i can pick them up and play a game real quick.
Probably my greatest gaming achievement was 100%ing binding of isaac rebirth.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Besides the female singer, is there anything specifically hetero about the original AWFCY? I always imagine it as a gay song anyway. But this version is cool. Thanks for sharing.

Nope. As far as I can tell looking at the original lyrics, the original version is not gendered at all. Mariah Carey's version could have been about a woman! This version, however, does change a line—"What more can I do" to "Boy, what can I do"—which specifies who it's for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom