• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camillelang

Neo Member
nah hes okay. should eat less mcdonalds though

I just recently went to visit him and we went to McDonalds twice I think but yeah he is a Mcdonalds animal but doesn't look like it in person!

What kind of video games have you liked this year?

It feels like I hardly played any games this year. I am mostly catching up on older games since I didn't have any consoles until I was in 8th grade!

Life is Strange &
Bioshock Infinite (even though I made someone else finish the last level since I was speed running games before going back to school)

and I honestly have not played anything else from this year. Oh goodness. I'm the worst gamer haha! I definitely need to get it together!

PulseONE

Hey Gaf, I know I always seem to come on here with just problems haha

(Sorry, you guys are the only LGBT community I have easy access to)

...but I have a bit of a heavy question, that may require describing some sexual things, before I just wanted to ask if that sort of thing would be allowed without me getting a banhammer lol

Hey Gaf, I know I always seem to come on here with just problems haha

(Sorry, you guys are the only LGBT community I have easy access to)

...but I have a bit of a heavy question, that may require describing some sexual things, before I just wanted to ask if that sort of thing would be allowed without me getting a banhammer lol
Eh, I'm not a mod but Ive seen quite a few sexual topics in OT and in here. I doubt you'll RIP in peace.

meowtapes

Neo Member
A friend talks about this site and this page a lot so I've come to hang. I haven't been on a message board since Neopets probably 10 years ago so I might be rusty.

Who were you on neopets because I was basically ~e-famous~ on neopets forum boards back when I was like 12.

That was embarrassing to say.

red13th

There's a Brazilian comedian who's gay and got married this week, huge wedding full of celebrities and he didn't kiss his husband, they hugged. Apparently (unconfirmed) because "gays kissing could be uncomfortable to guests".
:/
Stupid country.

meowtapes

Neo Member
I was mostly on Neopets role playing boards because thats what coooool kids did! I think my name was Zyth or something?

Hahaha nice, yeah I went on the role playing boards for a little bit but then there was like the secret jelly board chat and the italian FC chat. So ridiculous. I remember all this because I just talked with this girl who I've been friends with since that time.

PulseONE

Eh, I'm not a mod but Ive seen quite a few sexual topics in OT and in here. I doubt you'll RIP in peace.

Hmm...well alright, it's a bit of a long thing but...here it is.

If you don't want to read a long story or get bothered by gross detailed, I spoilered it. So here it goes...

A few years ago, I met a friend, he said he was straight, but later admitted he was bi to me. All well and good, we became good friends, I helped him come out to his friends, good stuff.

Side effect was he fell in love with me, I didn't feel the same way, sad but still nothing unusual. I felt bad about it, cuz I was in the same position numerous times, so I was really nice about it. Even let him live in my room for almost a year when he had problems with his parents.

Problem happened during that time, a few months in. Now, as much as I cared about him as a friend, I didn't like him as anything more than that. A few months in he asked me if he could...well touch me. I was open minded, and honestly felt bad about how he fell for me, so I let him.

tbh I did not enjoy it at all, the whole thing made me very uncomfortable. This was also a me who had very little sexual experience at that point. Things escalated and he asked if he could blow me. I said no at first but he kept asking and I said yes eventually. Also didn't enjoy it, I used to think of other things while he did it to distract myself.

Things of course escalated from there and he asked if I would blow him. I said no, many times...but because I was a weak ass low confidence son of a bitch, I caved eventually. I hated it. It really, honestly made me grossed out and well...for lack of a better word repulsed. But I did it because he'd beg, and he'd get depressed if I kept saying no.

He stayed with me for a year.

After it was all over, I just thought of it as a weird time and left it aside.

...until last week when a friend described a similar situation with someone he knew and he described it as 'rape'.

Thats not even what really surprised me, what got me was that, until that point, I had literally never thought about what happened back then since. I mean even when someone asked me how many guys I'd been with it never crossed my mind, not once, like I'd sealed off the memory or something lol

I don't know, GAF, I mean I LET him do it, and I consented to what I did, it's not rape, right?

Camillelang

Neo Member
Hahaha nice, yeah I went on the role playing boards for a little bit but then there was like the secret jelly board chat and the italian FC chat. So ridiculous. I remember all this because I just talked with this girl who I've been friends with since that time.

The most vivid neopets memories where the chats that were like "+++****SPECIAL POWERS HIGH SCHOOL+++***!!!!" and they were always a mess. I would kill to go back to old chat logs and find some good gems! I dont think I gained any friends from Neopets whoops.

If you don't want to read a long story or get bothered by gross detailed, I spoilered it. So here it goes...

I'm not an expert that knows whether what you described was sexual assault. The more pressing question is actually "how do you feel about those experiences and are they affecting your current state of mind today?".

There's a Brazilian comedian who's gay and got married this week, huge wedding full of celebrities and he didn't kiss his husband, they hugged. Apparently (unconfirmed) because "gays kissing could be uncomfortable to guests".
Stupid country.

lolwut. but they are okay being there for a gay wedding.

PulseONE

I'm not an expert that knows whether what you described was sexual assault. The more pressing question is actually "how do you feel about those experiences and are they affecting your current state of mind today?".

Well...for a long time afterwards I was very averse to sex, I don't know why, I just avoided it as much as possible

I think I've mellowed out now though

Camillelang

Neo Member

A few years ago, I met a friend, he said he was straight, but later admitted he was bi to me. All well and good, we became good friends, I helped him come out to his friends, good stuff.

Side effect was he fell in love with me, I didn't feel the same way, sad but still nothing unusual. I felt bad about it, cuz I was in the same position numerous times, so I was really nice about it. Even let him live in my room for almost a year when he had problems with his parents.

Problem happened during that time, a few months in. Now, as much as I cared about him as a friend, I didn't like him as anything more than that. A few months in he asked me if he could...well touch me. I was open minded, and honestly felt bad about how he fell for me, so I let him.

tbh I did not enjoy it at all, the whole thing made me very uncomfortable. This was also a me who had very little sexual experience at that point. Things escalated and he asked if he could blow me. I said no at first but he kept asking and I said yes eventually. Also didn't enjoy it, I used to think of other things while he did it to distract myself.

Things of course escalated from there and he asked if I would blow him. I said no, many times...but because I was a weak ass low confidence son of a bitch, I caved eventually. I hated it. It really, honestly made me grossed out and well...for lack of a better word repulsed. But I did it because he'd beg, and he'd get depressed if I kept saying no.

He stayed with me for a year.

After it was all over, I just thought of it as a weird time and left it aside.

...until last week when a friend described a similar situation with someone he knew and he described it as 'rape'.

Thats not even what really surprised me, what got me was that, until that point, I had literally never thought about what happened back then since. I mean even when someone asked me how many guys I'd been with it never crossed my mind, not once, like I'd sealed off the memory or something lol

I don't know, GAF, I mean I LET him do it, and I consented to what I did, it's not rape, right?

TW for rape

If you have to think about it so much and it bothers you so much I would say yes. You said No and he basically manipulated you into doing those things. I hope he no longer lives in your house.
The disgusting truth is I dont think you can get anything done legally about it because the USA is the worst and my own school wouldn't believe me even when I had a ton of proof so I am a realist about this stuff and a rape victim myself (going on two years in Feburary).
I guess you LET him do stuff the same way I LET my rapist take me to his house to just hang out and I LET him touch me even after I said no and his reply was laughing at me.

The thing with rape is that it is a quiet thing. Its not like in the movies where people are yelling and they get hurt. Rape is silent. Rape doesnt leave marks on your skin.

Also what you are describing as forgetting that event when people ask about it then I think you are showing signs of PTSD and so yes again this could defiantly count as rape.

"No is a complete sentence."- Amy Pohler

Nohar

Hum, that's a tough one.
On the one hand, you did give him consent - twice (though, how valid your consent was is another story altogether).
On the other hand, you did say no initially (heck, repeatidly now that I have re-read your message), and it seems this experience was traumatic to you. You can't handwave what happened, you were greatly affected by it. As Camillelang points out, it seems you have PTSD.

Self-loathing aside (of note: many rape victims end up hating themselves, believing that they are responsibles for what happened to them, while it is not the case), I think you should never cave if someone wants to do something with you you don't want. "No means no". If someone insists and try to do something with you when you didn't give consent, that is sexual assault.

People knowledgeable about rape (and law, which, depending on which country or state you live in, can vary greatly) would certainly be able to help you.

EDIT: Several editions.

PulseONE

TW for rape

If you have to think about it so much and it bothers you so much I would say yes. You said No and he basically manipulated you into doing those things. I hope he no longer lives in your house.
The disgusting truth is I dont think you can get anything done legally about it because the USA is the worst and my own school wouldn't believe me even when I had a ton of proof so I am a realist about this stuff and a rape victim myself (going on two years in Feburary).
I guess you LET him do stuff the same way I LET my rapist take me to his house to just hang out and I LET him touch me even after I said no and his reply was laughing at me.

The thing with rape is that it is a quiet thing. Its not like in the movies where people are yelling and they get hurt. Rape is silent. Rape doesnt leave marks on your skin.

Also what you are describing as forgetting that event when people ask about it then I think you are showing signs of PTSD and so yes again this could defiantly count as rape.

"No is a complete sentence."- Amy Pohler

I see...well shit
Also I don't even live in the states, you can technically get charged and go to jail for being (male and) gay in my country, so definitely no chance of that. I wouldn't charge him anyway, I guess. We still talk occasionally, just not about that.

I was just wondering if it was or wasn't. Interesting, I think I'll have to think on this...

Thanks for the help, GAF :)

Camillelang

Neo Member
Hum, that's a tough one. I honestly don't know if what happened to you is rape.
On the one hand, you did give him consent - twice.
On the other hand, you did say no initially, and it seems this experience was traumatic to you. You can't handwave what happened, you were greatly affected by it.

Self-loathing aside, I think you should never cave if someone wants to do something with you you don't want. "No means no". If someone insists and try to do something with you when you didn't give consent, that is sexual assault.

People knowledgeable about rape (and law, which, depending on which country or state you live in, can vary greatly) would certainly be able to help you.

In Texas it is Rape is someone penetrates you with anything (male to female) however I am not sure about cases with two men...and I am sure Texas hasn't thought of it either.

Camillelang

Neo Member
I see...well shit
Also I don't even live in the states, you can technically get charged and go to jail for being (male and) gay in my country, so definitely no chance of that. I wouldn't charge him anyway, I guess. We still talk occasionally, just not about that.

I was just wondering if it was or wasn't. Interesting, I think I'll have to think on this...

Thanks for the help, GAF :)

It is lots of thinking and getting help if you can (which you might not be able to where you live?). Thats why it took me a year to finally realize it wasn't just a bad date. It takes time.

PulseONE

It is lots of thinking and getting help if you can (which you might not be able to where you live?). Thats why it took me a year to finally realize it wasn't just a bad date. It takes time.

The internet is a godsend for gay people in countries like mine because of such issues

The only 'official' you could probably go to down here with this kind of issue is a psychologist

Camillelang

Neo Member
The internet is a godsend for gay people in countries like mine because of such issues

The only 'official' you could probably go to down here with this kind of issue is a psychologist

If you can find someone who is good with PTSD you should go. I am 100% all about having professionals help with brain stuff. (I mean dang thats my major and career field right there).

meowtapes

Neo Member
The most vivid neopets memories where the chats that were like "+++****SPECIAL POWERS HIGH SCHOOL+++***!!!!" and they were always a mess. I would kill to go back to old chat logs and find some good gems! I dont think I gained any friends from Neopets whoops.

Hahaha omg yes. Before neopets, I remember I would go on the roleplaying forums on the Harry Potter website. THE DAYS. When you roleplayed on neopets, was it during the time that everyone just made their neopets into scene kids?

PulseONE

If you can find someone who is good with PTSD you should go. I am 100% all about having professionals help with brain stuff. (I mean dang thats my major and career field right there).

I'm considering going into psychology myself, so maybe I will, might be a learning experience

Camillelang

Neo Member
When you roleplayed on neopets, was it during the time that everyone just made their neopets into scene kids?

NO! dang! I feel that I never went on anyones Pet Page because I was kind of a Neopets casual haha!

I do rememeber printing out the form that your parents had to sign if you were under 13 and send to them since I didnt know you could lie about your age online.

Kevyt

A friend talks about this site and this page a lot so I've come to hang. I haven't been on a message board since Neopets probably 10 years ago so I might be rusty.

Your gender? Female

Your sexual orientation? Heteroromantic Asexual (i think the distinction is important since lots of people tell me I'm straight and just haven't found the right guy)

Where Do You Live? Houston, Texass

How Old Are you? 23

Favorite Type of Music? I am all about instrumental right now

Profession or Career interest? Starting my Masters in Counseling in January

Favorite video game(s)? Okami

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? talking shit

And here is my best selfie of the year so uh?
11000679_10207734723272496_6409845262879539443_n.jpg

This already feels too long and weird sorry gang

Hello and welcome! You are really pretty!

I figured of course Down being super good looking would hang out with other super good looking people~

What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? talking shit

giphy.gif

:3

Grizzo

Stupid country.

Whoa, that is sad. What's even the point of hosting a wedding if you're not totally comfortable with who you are or proud of the one you're gonna share your life with :(

Just remember that regardless as to whether or not a government may call your experience a rape or assault or even nothing at all, at the end of the day this experience has clearly (from what I see) left you affected (which is why I responded to your post the way I did earlier). I mean, if it hasn't then you wouldn't have asked us about it, right? So having said that, finding your way to peace and moving forward, whatever that way is, is something that you should do. Professional help definitely is something to strongly consider.

I'm sorry that you experienced what you did, and I hope things get better for you someday.

Dany

Banned
Is down permanently winking in actual life? I'd be so confused by whatever he'd say.

In other news, i need a great hiking suggestion for my guy and I to go to. I'm thinking somewhere in colorado.

Will do! Trying molly on NYE for a show. First time :eek:

That's exciting! Don't overdo it though, there's like a curve where at a certain point doing more (even though it seems like a good idea) will just make your next morning more terrible. And enjoy the bass.

Then go to after party and toke yourself into a coma because sleeping is rlly hard.

Grizzo

That's exciting! Don't overdo it though, there's like a curve where at a certain point doing more (even though it seems like a good idea) will just make your next morning more terrible. And enjoy the bass.

Then go to after party and toke yourself into a coma because sleeping is rlly hard.

It's great but man does that make me feel down for quite a few days after every time :(

I know it's because of the excess release of serotonin though. Makes it easier to cope with once you know what's going on.

Grizzo

Exactly. I don't really do it much anymore, or if I do I take a very conservative dose, otherwise I'm so emotionally drained the next day.

Yeah, I used to abuse it like four years ago. Now I'm way more cautious of it, thankfully!

Yeah, my bf has tried it before and is giving me pro-tips about it.

You need to drink a lot water once you take it and to sleep a lot the day after. And try eating dark chocolate too, as it increases the production of serotonin in your brain.

Yeah, my bf has tried it before and is giving me pro-tips about it.

That's good, someone with experience is useful even just for not having to second-guess every minor decision about how the night is going to go.

Yeah, I used to abuse it like four years ago. Now I'm way more cautious of it, thankfully!

I think a lot of people do, or at least I did and so did a lot of my friends. I think it's because the 'entactogens' (MDMA, 2C-B, etc) are pretty much the only fun 'club drugs'. Coke sucks, and ketamine isn't any way to spend a night out (it's more of a stay at home thing).

Grizzo

I think a lot of people do, or at least I did and so did a lot of my friends. I think it's because the 'entactogens' (MDMA, 2C-B, etc) are pretty much the only fun 'club drugs'. Coke sucks, and ketamine isn't any way to spend a night out (it's more of a stay at home thing).

Ha! Funny you should say that because that's exactly what happened the first (and only) time I tried it: I spent the whole night sitting on a couch. Didn't feel like standing up or something. I didn't really like it, it just made me feel lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom