• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that if I thought bi people were natural cheaters, a bi person telling me "I'm monogamous though unlike those other bisexual people" wouldn't really convince me.

Sai-kun

Banned
I know that if I thought bi people were natural cheaters, a bi person telling me "I'm monogamous though unlike those other bisexual people" wouldn't really convince me.

Yeah, absolutely. Saying it out loud feels defensive and even if someone told me they were "gay and monogamous" I'd probably be wondering why they thought they had to mention they were monogamous.

Raises more red flags in my eyes tbh

Kater

Banned
LettersGAF... Sister told the girl I have/had a date with next week that I was gay and only going to use her as a cover and the girl texted me and was pissed because I didn't "come out".

Here's the thing. Not gay, bi. Totally in to this girl, do I just straight be like "Not Gay, Bi and monogamous" or just "Not Gay, my sister is an idiot don't listen to her"?
That's unnecessary that she outs you like that. And that she gets it wrong makes it worse too. Tell the girl that you are bi, yeah.

The quote was 'bi and monogamous', not 'bi but monogamous' which makes a difference (all of these paraphrases lean towards the latter type) but yeah I'd not put the monogamy in the first thing. If she is concerned about nonmonogamy afterwards then it's the time to say otherwise, bi doesn't mean cheater or poly, people of any sexuality can be monogamous or nonmonogamous and you're monogamous, etc.

I've just once needed to disclose to someone I was going to date when they didn't know previously from knowing me. I just sais 'just so you know, I'm bi' and she said that was fine. Maybe 'just so you know' could sound like it's a negative...

Veeboy

I'm a man but not a rapist.

Ok, I read this quote without any of the context from the last page and I was legit concerned for a moment as to why this needed to be stated, lol.

Anyway, I'm gonna echo the sentiment that the 'and monogamous' part of the statement is unnecessary. Sucks that Interface's sister put them in this situation though.

DOWN

Banned
That's kind of wild that people would be extra concerned about monogamy with bisexuals. Is that a stigma of male bisexuals that they inherit from gay Grindr stereotypes? Or is it just the idea that bisexuals in general have more options so all of them are less inclined to monogamy?

DOWN

Banned
Let me recover from screaming at my misinterpretation of this ad hashtag being shown to LettersGAF

rYzsuoAl.png

#showhole

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That's kind of wild that people would be extra concerned about monogamy with bisexuals. Is it just the idea that bisexuals in general have more options so all of them are less inclined to monogamy?

Yeah, and it's a stereotype that has existed for a long time.

Golnei

That's kind of wild that people would be extra concerned about monogamy with bisexuals. Is that a stigma of male bisexuals that they inherit from gay Grindr stereotypes? Or is it just the idea that bisexuals in general have more options so all of them are less inclined to monogamy?

It might have some part in it, but bi women are still viewed in a similar light; the whole unicorn thing would seem to indicate they're viewed as inherently polyamorous just as often.

Camillelang

Neo Member
This video is like a Bisexual Myth shutdown and I have known bisexuals that hear a lot of this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioo-9xz9WWQ

Lots of people in one of my classes thought my teacher was gay and the other half thought she was straight and I said she could be bi and everyone made this disgusted look and shut me down. It's like people forget that bi is definitely a thing.

Ugh douchey app profiles. I don't get why people think listing a slew of negatives is attractive, lol. I immediately close if I see a list of "don't be" or "not into".

B-Dex

Does anyone else get face-fucked so hard their teeth thrash their inner lip leaving an impression? This is the second time now. I must be a masochist. Or people really dislike me 😲

Kater

Banned
Atheist-acting

😃

What a silly man.

Does anyone else get face-fucked so hard their teeth thrash their inner lip leaving an impression? This is the second time now. I must be a masochist. Or people really dislike me 😲

Something like that can happen? Strange. Well, I guess you should be more careful then, same goes for your partner/s.

Edit:

tumblr_m8ojn1y7LN1qzxpv6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8ojn1y7LN1qzxpv6o2_1280.jpg

A+ marketing.

Grizzo

That 2nd season of Transparent broke me on so many levels. I can't believe how brilliant this show is. Can't wait for more.

plus my mother looks so much like Judith Light, it's uncanny haha

That's unnecessary that she outs you like that. And that she gets it wrong makes it worse too. Tell the girl that you are bi, yeah.

Ok listened to Cornburrito and dropped the monogamous part and she was just like "ok good, so we are doing this because you like me and not as a cover, don't care if you like dudes but FYI doing stuff with guys isn't ok if we start a relationship."

Razmos

Ok listened to Cornburrito and dropped the monogamous part and she was just like "ok good, so we are doing this because you like me and not as a cover, don't care if you like dudes but FYI doing stuff with guys isn't ok if we start a relationship."
You see, if this was me, my reaction to that last part would be rolling my eyes and saying "Nah, you don't say!" in a sarcastic voice. what a silly thing to say.

"I can't have sex with anyone else if we start a relationship, what a revolutionary idea!"
Not gonna lie, I'd find that attitude pretty insulting.

You see, if this was me, my reaction to that last part would be rolling my eyes and saying "Nah, you don't say!" in a sarcastic voice. what a silly thing to say.

"I can't have sex with anyone else if we start a relationship, what a revolutionary idea!"
Not gonna lie, I'd find that attitude pretty insulting.

Well it wasn't in an insulting way, just some people we know find the same sex fucking as not cheating and that's crazy so she was just clarifying she's not like our weird mutual "friends"

And now all you need to do is say "Yeah I know." Or something like that. The difference being that you weren't preemptively going on the defensive.

Well it wasn't in an insulting way, just some people we know find the same sex fucking as not cheating and that's crazy so she was just clarifying she's not like our weird mutual "friends"

In which case, wouldn't "bi and monogamous" still not cover you here? Because if it is with the same sex it doesn't count as a violation.

And now all you need to do is say "Yeah I know." Or something like that. The difference being that you weren't preemptively going on the defensive.

In which case, wouldn't "bi and monogamous" still not cover you here? Because if it is with the same sex it doesn't count as a violation.

Lol. That's exactly what I said was Yea, I know.

She was just more pissed and confused because my sister said I wasn't in to women at all and she thought I was leading her on

Kater

Banned
Urgh

She was just more pissed and confused because my sister said I wasn't in to women at all and she thought I was leading her on
Haha

Oh so that's why she reacted like that. Clears up things.

I don't understand why your sister actively tried to harm your bonding with the girl, even if...say...you'd only had relationships with men before.

I obviously don't know the context, but from afar, that seems like a pretty bad thing to do.

Good that everything worked out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom