• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any suggestions for putting oneself out there in a way that gives more priority to personality-matching and conversation? My most recent, most successful encounter was based on a mutual friend thinking we'd be a good match and lots of correspondence, but I don't think I could always rely on the slow pace of matchmakers and abundant early communication.

In real life or on social media / dating site?

In real life, I would suggest clothing articles or accessories that show your personality or interests. A t-shirt or a keychain could work. Something like this probably.

E1030272_1.jpg

or if you are a person who is loud, likes aquatic animals, and has had your bicycle struck by lightning, maybe this will be a better fit for you.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it.

http://imgur.com/NkVBtTV&qxn8tKf#0
http://imgur.com/NkVBtTV&qxn8tKf#1

And now time to go to bed for work tomorrow.

Based on your negative descriptions, I was not expecting that to be your face. At all. Heck, the guy I almost got serious with looked a fair amount like you. If you're not having any luck with dating, you're making me feel worse about my own chances now! Seriously, if you're a 3...

Have you ever met with a therapist to talk about body image?

ditch your friends. immediately.

This. Like icarus-daedelus said, I was actually expecting Quasimodo. If that had been the case, I might have kept quiet because the world is unfortunately not kind to people with those conditions (not to say that I haven't seen people in similar situations find sexual/romantic success, though!). If your friends were actually telling you those things, then they need to keep quiet and move on. Get some friends who will make you smile about who you are, and then you'll be even more attractive.

Even if you were Quasimodo, your friends should still be supportive of you and make you smile, rather than affirming your insecurities. There's nothing objective about evaluating the attractiveness of another person. That'd be contrary to its definition.

EDIT: I realize my tone is a bit aggressive—I apologize.

In real life or on social media / dating site?

In real life, I would suggest clothing articles or accessories that show your personality or interests. A t-shirt or a keychain could work. Something like this probably.

or if you are a person who is loud, likes aquatic animals, and has had your bicycle struck by lightning, maybe this will be a better fit for you.

If I could be (with) either of those men, I would.

I was talking about ways of meeting people, though I now see how unclear my post was. The last time I asked, someone suggested I go to a bar, which I guess I still need to try in the future.

However, thanks for the suggestions! I'm not too shy about expressing myself, but I'll take any and all advice that will help me meet people who want me. :)

Meicyn

Gold Member
Cornburrito think his posts and appearance are off-putting, but he unwittingly put himself into "nerd that a bunch of fellow nerds would like to fuck" status.

Cornburrito think his posts and appearance are off-putting, but he unwittingly put himself into "nerd that a bunch of fellow nerds would like to fuck" status.
Heh.

It really is the story of a cute guy not knowing exactly how cute he is lol.
That can be endearing sometimes.

Kevyt

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
If you're a 3 then I'm a negative 5... xD

Those are good pictures, and your face does look symmetrical, imo. Nice glasses. Use those pictures and perhaps others, and you'll have no problem attracting someone in a dating site. I was expecting something different, but wow you look good! Smile more btw. :)

Best of luck!

Definitive proof that CornBurrito cannot be a 3 because in no world of mine could I accept that Seath is anywhere close to a negative number.

I can't get pregnant from anonymous online flirting, right?

mantidor

Cornburrito you look fine. Looks are like 20% your physical appearance and 80% your confidence, sometimes we are our own biggest enemies in that regard, if you think you look ugly you can actually project that to other people.

Haven't posted in awhile, but thought I'd drop in and say hello
Your gender?: Male
Your sexual orientation?: Bisexual with a gay preference
Where Are You From?: Seattle Area
Where Do You Live?: Tacoma, WA (South of Seattle)
How Old Are you?: 21
Favorite Type of Music?: Eurobeat, Pop, Rock,
Profession or Career interest?: Graphic Design, Travel
Favorite video game(s)?: Solatorobo, Persona 2: IS and EP, and SMT: Nocturne
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?: Art (not that good, but enjoy doing it), learning about cultures from around the world, and sewing, but I really haven't done it in a while, but I should since my mom just bought a nice new one.
A few days late, but glad to see someone else who enjoyed that game! Wish a proper sequel in the same universe would get made.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh hey, what's going on in here to--

*Rob drama*

--*backs out of thread slowly*

I am an English major as well. I started out in the sciences, but I found that my strengths were in writing. Lots of people don't realize there are many jobs outside of education that an English degree can land you. Like technical writing for example, technical writers write all kinds of instructions, manuals, and other nonfiction writing. You can even work for a company to write proposals and other writing. It's not limited to education.

Maybe look into a technical writing class if your university/college have one. My university requires it as a graduation requirement and I found it to be a very informative class as it shows the other options of English majors. I am a British lit major but I have been finding some American lit to be interesting as well. British lit has a lot of classics.

Also hi. :)
Thank you for the response! I've been thinking about it and I'm going go try it out and see how I feel about it tbh

I can relate, Cornburrito. I have low self esteem about my looks as well despite many people saying I am attractive. You are attractive to me so you are not 5 or less in my opinion.

daripad

lol

If cornburrito is not a good looking guy in his eyes, I don't want to know what kind of monstrosity he thinks I am.

Anyway, I hate when people say that they are against gay people adopting because they will turn the child gay. If only we could turn people gay :(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Anyway, I hate when people say that they are against gay people adopting because they will turn the child gay. If only we could turn people gay :(

I remember when people used to say pink was a color only gay people wear then randomly it became some sort of trend here and then people went back to saying it was gay after the trend was gone. People are strange tbh.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I remember when people used to say pink was a color only gay people wear then randomly it became some sort of trend here and then people went back to saying it was gay after the trend was gone. People are strange tbh.

Eh, the trend/saying was "it's gay on men." Which, ironically started the whole pink on men thing. I still see men in pink shirts now and then but it isn't super common like the early 00's.

Does anyone know of any online directories that help find local clinics that offer STI/STD testing? I figure it's good to make it a regular habit, but I can't seem to find a place that offers a full battery. From what I've read, a comprehensive full test should test for:

• HIV
  • Herpes
  • Syphillis
  • Gonorrhea
  • Chlamydia
  • Hepatitis A, B, & C

Am I forgetting any? Is it weird (or overboard) that I wanna test for all of these? I just wanna be thorough and cover all my bases, but not having any luck finding a comprehensive place so far.

Symphonia

Banned
Has anyone gay and ugly/unattractive (3/10 levels or lower) managed to find someone to date (not just a one night flind) via OkCupid?
No, but I've had a fair few 3/10s 'like' me, and message me on OKCupid. I'm sorry, but nah. I do have fairly high standards. Monobrows and buck teeth are below those standards.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know of any online directories that help find local clinics that offer STI/STD testing? I figure it's good to make it a regular habit, but I can't seem to find a place that offers a full battery. From what I've read, a comprehensive full test should test for:

• HIV
  • Herpes
  • Syphillis
  • Gonorrhea
  • Chlamydia
  • Hepatitis A, B, & C

Am I forgetting any? Is it weird (or overboard) that I wanna test for all of these? I just wanna be thorough and cover all my bases, but not having any luck finding a comprehensive place so far.

One I learned a bit more about recently is HPV, since it's super common. Unfortunately, it seems there's no test available for men, and it's not always very visible. I think the best means of detection is visual examination.

Sex is scary. :(

One I learned a bit more about recently is HPV, since it's super common. Unfortunately, it seems there's no test available for men, and it's not even usually very visible. I think the best means of detection is visual examination.

Sex is scary. :(

Seems like HPV is more of a risk for women though? It's so surprising to see that testing for these things isn't done in standardized batches. You'd think they'd figure vast majority of people would wanna get tested and informed on all the major ones out there when they visit.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like HPV is more of a risk for women though? It's so surprising to see that testing for these things isn't done in standardized batches. You'd think they'd figure vast majority of people would wanna get tested and informed on all the major ones out there when they visit.

I'm surprised it isn't how you describe. I guess it must have to do with the way the testing is done and maybe the labs that perform the tests.

I'm not an expert on HPV, but I know it's linked to various forms of cancer. For men, those can include cancer of the anus, penis, and back of the throat. It gets a lot more attention with woman because I think it's a major cause of cervical cancer. I don't know anything about cancer rates, though. I'm a paranoid person, so maybe I'm spouting useless nonsense that the average person shouldn't worry about, and maybe I should spend less time reading CDC articles. A doctor would be a much better resource to ask about whether it's something to be concerned about. If you find out, let me know since I've been thinking about this a lot recently.

VegiHam

'Sup y'all! How is everyone?

So I've been off on an exciting funtime adventure for the last week and a half; did I miss anything important going down?

I just found out I can get a 1300 calorie lunch from Wendy's for under 5 dollars. I think I can pretty much easily solve being underweight now. And their Jr. Cheeseburgers are actually pretty tasty. My only worry is the trans fat. Idk how harmful 2g/day. And is that from the processing or just the trans fat naturally found in beef?

I just found out I can get a 1300 calorie lunch from Wendy's for under 5 dollars. I think I can pretty much easily solve being underweight now. And their Jr. Cheeseburgers are actually pretty tasty. My only worry is the trans fat. Idk how harmful 2g/day. And is that from the processing or just the trans fat naturally found in beef?

The only good item on their menu was their salads. After Dave Thomas died, his kids have pretty much run that company into the ground.

Symphonia

Banned
You have a daughter?!

How much more soap opera can your life get dude? :p
Yeah, it was covered a few pages back when I asked for advice on how to tell my partner (now ex-partner) that I have a child. Bear in mind I haven't seen my daughter in about a year. I was on OKCupid and who should I see but my ex. She's on there for friends but it says where she's living. I just don't know what my next step should be. I mean, it's been a year.

And, yeah, I kind of hate how much shit goes on in my life. People wonder why I suffer from depression and anxiety, and have random breakdowns, and drink so much. Now you know why.

VegiHam

Yeah, it was covered a few pages back when I asked for advice on how to tell my partner (now ex-partner) that I have a child. Bear in mind I haven't seen my daughter in about a year. I was on OKCupid and who should I see but my ex. She's on there for friends but it says where she's living. I just don't know what my next step should be. I mean, it's been a year.

And, yeah, I kind of hate how much shit goes on in my life. People wonder why I suffer from depression and anxiety, and have random breakdowns, and drink so much. Now you know why.

Ah, must have happened while I was away. So you and your partner broke up? I'm sorry.

So if you wanna share, what happened to make you lose contact? (Obvs if that's none of GAF's business that's cool.)

This all seems crazy heavy though.

I'm fond of Rick and Morty but Bojack Horseman resonates with me. Season 2 was a lot better than Season 1 since the first 4 episodes weren't duds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom