• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a deep, derpy voice :]

Same, my voice is deep which isn't cute when I'm doing drunk karaoke coz I sound like a dying lawn mower. I've been told my laugh is really derpy/goofy too, which I think is because of that D:

A guy with a slight lisp though <3

I'm sure no one does now; the emotion is just very palpable. :) I think I still have the silver 7up duffle bag somewhere. I'd rock that, for sure. lol

In Lebanon I used to wear a purple turtleneck over my head as a kid (like a wig) and the neighborhood kids made fun of me all the time for it, but I was just too deep in the fantasy. It somehow resurfaced at my parents house recently and of course I put it on immediately, and my first thought was "oh my god I look even better." Help

charmed699

Neo Member
I'm straight now.

gia8OX4.gif

I couldn't stop laughing when I watched this scene. It must have been really difficult for her to say the line of dialogue about guys not sending her photos of their junk with a serious face.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think my voice is somewhat high, but I can lower it if I slow down or when I sing to get a bass-ish/bassier sound.

Same, my voice is deep which isn't cute when I'm doing drunk karaoke coz I sound like a dying lawn mower. I've been told my laugh is really derpy/goofy too, which I think is because of that D:

A guy with a slight lisp though <3

What do you like about a lisp?

:( I'm sorry you hate that about yourself. I know I was disappointed by how my voice sounded when I first heard it recorded. Now I don't care, but I might be lucky.

You mentioned "passing." Is that something you strive for?
Passing is important to me, but I think my voice prevents me from doing it. :(

Judge away!
https://instaud.io/24n

I recorded that one year ago, my broken English is slightly less broken now.
Your voice is so sexy. Accents are a huge turn on. &#128525;

Judge away!

I like both of your voices.

I think my voice is somewhat high, but I can lower it if I slow down or when I sing to get a bass-ish/bassier sound
Yeah im kinda the same way, i usually talk fast and quick with my friends and family so my voice is higher, but with other people my voice is usually more slow and low.

Welcome, fellow bi brother! I'm pretty much in the same boat as you (although not married), and thankfully my girlfriend likes to point out hot dudes with me.

Hope you post more often :)

We don't point out Very Attractive Men together, but she's seen me have to fan myself when certain actors appear on screen. Happy to be here, I assure you. The more out an open I am, the better I feel :)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Passing is important to me, but I think my voice prevents me from doing it. :(

Last question: Is it important because of what you find attractive (i.e. for finding a partner), because you want to fit into a social norm (i.e. for comfort in social environments), or because of something else?

Astral Dog

Wait whats wrong with Fem Guys? :( sometimes it seems i cant fit anywere.

Anyways my mom took me to a priest today, so i can confess my "sins", now that that is out in the open. The priest was supportive but my mom was not happy, we will try again with other person.she is very stubborn.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Anyways my mom took me to a priest today, so i can confess my "sins", now that that is out in the open. The priest was supportive but my mom was not happy, we will try again with other person.

I got no problem with fem guys but from what I hear from guys that Ive talked to about it say they don't like fems because for that they rather fuck a woman or something along those lines which is funny cause fems can be tops, they can be dominant, they can be strong, etc. But then again everyone seems to love creating many limitations for themselves and then wonder why they are single while those they tend to trash talk or whatever end up being luckier than them.

Sai-kun

Banned

Anyways my mom took me to a priest today, so i can confess my "sins", now that that is out in the open. The priest was supportive but my mom was not happy, we will try again with other person.

nothing :) it's all internalized homophobia/misogyny

I like fem guys :)
I guess i like when guys that are more fem and woman that are more masculine.

Oh my god.

I mean, I lurk the thread because I used to be a wimp about being bi, but gifs like this require attention.

Also: Hi LGBTQIA. I'm a bi guy happily married to a wonderful woman, who happens to stir the same, uh, emotion within me. Rare beauty, if that makes any sense at all.

That said...boys. I mean sure, I'm not interested in having one again since I'm happy, but...boys. God, almighty.

So now I guess I'm out on GAF.
I had wondered previously from your rainbow avatar. It's a good avatar.

Welcome. :)

Anyways my mom took me to a priest today, so i can confess my "sins", now that that is out in the open. The priest was supportive but my mom was not happy, we will try again with other person.she is very stubborn.
Fem guys are great.

Mothers being homophobic isn't great. I'm so sorry.

What do you like about a lisp?

I don't really know, I've just always found it attractive. It's hard to pin down "types" with me but I tend to gravitate more toward feminine guys than masculine ones. I think I've always been the more masculine one in relationships, and I'd say I fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. My boyfriend's fairly feminine and does drag as well, which is ace. <3

Last question: Is it important because of what you find attractive (i.e. for finding a partner), because you want to fit into a social norm (i.e. for comfort in social environments), or because of something else?
I'm not totally sure 100% why, but I think it has to do with my voice not corresponding to my appearance. It's so high-pitched; I just want to die whenever I hear it.

is this voice deepening surgery even a thing tho
Yes, they loosen your vocal cords.

My boyfriend's fairly feminine and does drag as well, which is ace. <3
What do you mean by 'drag'?

Veeboy

My voice is nasally and it annoys me to no end.
Reminds me of when my junior high school science teacher once asked me in class what my shoe size was (I don't remember the reason why he was asking) and when I replied "13" he scoffed and said, "What, are those plastic shoes?!" The whole class laughed so I pretty much set my forehead on the table for the rest of the period. My family was poor and we couldn't afford anything name brand so it was just another thing to worry about.
Thats such a shitty thing for a person in authority to do. Ugh, you'd think empathy would be a basic requirement for teaching but nope. Sorry that happened.

Ain't nothing wrong with fem guys. Its just people being overly critical.

Sorry to hear about your mom. That seems rough.

Whoooooa. That's ridiculously uncool.

GoStc

Speaking of voices, the tone of mine changes dramatically depending on the language I'm using. While speaking German –something I rarely get the chance to do– my tone tends to be much deeper than when speaking either English or Spanish. I hate my voice in any language, though ;P

Astral Dog

I got no problem with fem guys but from what I hear from guys that Ive talked to about it say they don't like fems because for that they rather fuck a woman or something along those lines which is funny cause fems can be tops, they can be dominant, they can be strong, etc. But then again everyone seems to love creating many limitations for themselves and then wonder why they are single while those they tend to trash talk or whatever end up being luckier than them.

nothing :) it's all internalized homophobia/misogyny

I like fem guys :)
I guess i like when guys that are more fem and woman that are more masculine.
True, they are cool :)

Now well with mom one has to have alot of patience and understanding...

Elitist1945

So how many versions of Akira are there, and which is the best? Looking to get it on blu-ray.

EDIT: To those here who have seen it of course, haha.

Sai-kun

Banned
Speaking of voices, the tone of mine changes dramatically depending on the language I'm using. While speaking German –something I rarely get the chance to do– my tone tends to be much deeper than when speaking either English or Spanish. I hate my voice in any language, though ;P

Ha! I don't know if mine changes that dramatically, but my voice in Spanish is definitely a little lower pitched and less excitable than my regular speaking tone in English

is this voice deepening surgery even a thing tho

it is.. I mean hormones are a typical precursor i believe, but the depth of your voice depends on the size of your larynx. The bigger the larynx, the deeper your voice. I know for sure that they do vocal fold shortenings for those who are looking for higher pitch. I'm not sure if they also do it the other way around?

berzeli

Banned
So how many versions of Akira are there, and which is the best? Looking to get it on blu-ray.

EDIT: To those here who have seen it of course, haha.

Versions? Like there is only one Akira if we're talking about the 1988 film. None of that [anime property] 3.14159½ nonsense which some do.

And as for which blu-ray release is the best; the US 25th Anniversary Edition. But they're all fine.

Grakl

I have no opinion on my voice

Never encountered a voice irl where I think anything of it unless it's annoying or very odd

Elitist1945

Versions? Like there is only one Akira if we're talking about the 1988 film. None of that [anime property] 3.14159½ nonsense which some do.

And as for which blu-ray release is the best; the US 25th Anniversary Edition. But they're all fine.

Okay thanks. Recently got Blade Runner so I wasn't sure if Akira also had a plethora of editions lmao.

Judge away!

Wow, that is not how I imagined your voice! So much deeper than I expected!

My voice isn't high pitched but it's not that deep either. People have said nice things about it though :)

Regarding this talk about fem guys.... can I just clarify something?

I would say I'm generally more attracted to masculine qualities, but I've dated guys with some more feminine qualities mixed in too. It doesn't necessarily bother me, but I can't say it's something I seek out.

So what... does this somehow make me an internalised, self-hating homophobe? Or is this judgement reserved for people who claim to actively dislike or are repulsed by fems/feminine qualities?

My voice isn't high pitched but it's not that deep either. People have said nice things about it though :)

I would say I'm generally more attracted to masculine qualities, but I've dated guys with some more feminine qualities mixed in too. It doesn't necessarily bother me, but I can't say it's something I seek out.

So what... does this somehow make me an internalised, self-hating homophobe? Or is this judgement reserved for people who claim to actively dislike or are repulsed by fems/feminine qualities?
There's having preferences and then there's being a meanie (edit: clarifying that I'm not calling you a 'meanie' :)), but also the reasons behind the preferences can also sometimes be based on something bad.

Being attracted to masculine voices is just as harmless/legitimate as being attracted to feminine ones. It's just a very opaque trend when some gay people fetishize masculinity because it seems more "in sync" with mainstream's expectations, which then pours into expectations of attractiveness, etc. But not every gay person who's attracted to masculinity is linked to that problem.

3phemeral

The third episode of X-Files redeemed the new season. Scully, take me now!

dBhdW4

That's such a shitty thing for a person in authority to do. Ugh, you'd think empathy would be a basic requirement for teaching but nope. Sorry that happened.

I know, right? Thanks :)

Got a job offer that comes with a significant pay increase. Drinks all around! Except for you youngins. Milks for you.
Diet coke with real maraschino cherries, please. =P

There's having preferences and then there's being a meanie (edit: clarifying that I'm not calling you a 'meanie' :)), but also the reasons behind the preferences can also sometimes be based on something bad.

Being attracted to masculine voices is just as harmless/legitimate as being attracted to feminine ones. It's just a very opaque trend when some gay people fetishize masculinity because it seems more "in sync" with mainstream's expectations, which then pours into expectations of attractiveness, etc. But not every gay person who's attracted to masculinity is linked to that problem.

Thanks for clarifying :) This is what I hoped was meant, and what I was 90% sure was being said but sometimes you never know :p - edit: what a stupid thing to say?

RM8

Lol, yup, I've been told that my voice doesn't match my looks.

And I agree with you, I also like masculine features, but that doesn't mean I have only dated "masc4masc" caricatures. And there's nothing wrong with having a preference for either side, really.

Lol, yup, I've been told that my voice doesn't match my looks.

And I agree with you, I also like masculine features, but that doesn't mean I have only dated "masc4masc" caricatures. And there's nothing wrong with having a preference for either side, really.

I think if a lot of people allowed themselves to relax a little, even the more masculine types would have moments of femininity. I know I do, even though in general I could pass for straight if I really wanted to (I don't).

What's the edit about?

lol, I was berating myself for writing 'sometimes you never know' because it makes no sense, and I felt ashamed!

I think if a lot of people allowed themselves to relax a little, even the more masculine types would have moments of femininity. I know I do, even though in general I could pass for straight if I really wanted to (I don't).

lol, I was berating myself for writing 'sometimes you never know' because it makes no sense, and I felt ashamed!
It's okay. :)

charmed699

Neo Member
So, I've been playing the EA UFC game this afternoon on Xbox One and I feel like I should watch UFC. Well, I didn't exactly play it a lot. I spent most of the time taking funny screenshots of the fighters in compromising positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom