• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great taste in women lettersgaf! I'd totally go straight for these women.

tumblr_nscflodmOU1tt790co1_500.png

DOWN

Banned
Regarding Chick-Fil-A: on the one hand, the point of boycotting a company is mostly to get them to change and then you reward them with your business once they've done that. Problem is, the CEO, owners, and execs still use their increasing millions from that very company on the same stance as always, so I have yet to go back. It bothers me just enough still.

I dont know the difference between red and green peppers. Im color blind towards vegetables.

red peppers usually taste sweeter ime.

and bell peppers are great. only garbage tier vegetable that I can think of is carrots and they still taste alright raw or in stews and veggie burgers and stuff.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
aparently you win if you get your hand down your opponents shorts and gain control of him!

I looked up the rules:

Since a wrestler is not restricted from placing his hands inside his opponent’s kispet (he may not grab his balls or invade his rectum, however), he can also use the waistband to hold the other man in place. Occasionally the kispet is yanked so far below his hips that the fighter being held cannot rise without exposing himself. Having lost his trunks he also loses the match.

A wrestler may grab his opponent’s kispet in any way which helps him with a throw, or to control or for a pin. Sometime he will thrust his arm down the other’s kispet up to his armpit in order to obtain leverage. Despite this freedom, the intentional fouling of a wrestler is almost unheard of.

I guess that's what's going on in all those "hands down the shorts" pictures...?

AnotherCastle

Neo Member
Ooh! I love animated films. Mainly Pixar films but I've just started branching out into Ghibli films. I only just watched my first one, Porco Rossi, last year and I liked it.

I also absolutely love comedies. :D

Comedies are great too! I don't buy it when people say it's the least important genre. It can be very important and helpful to people.

Ghibli is my favorite studio of all time, and Pixar is a close second so you're in good company!

So I have started off in the dating world. Met a guy off grindr ofc and we seemed to get alone chatting for a while. Finally had a netflix and chill meet up last Sunday and then actually took him out to dinner today and then came to mine again after. It feels so good to actually be making some progress in terms of adapting to a new lifestyle and stuff and so far he makes me very happy when we meet up. We haven't had proper sex yet but lots of fooling around I feel like we're approaching the sex point but we'll see.

As much as I like him though it's only temporary, at least for now as I'm moving to London in October and I really don't think I would want a long distance relationship. He knows I'm moving as I try to be upfront about things anyway and he seems fine with how things have gone so far, as long as we have fun together and not get too serious I guess that's best? It's a bit confusing but just getting into the dating game feels good as I've not done it before.

Anyway just a yay for me post. :)

Razmos

I think that's kinda cute D:

I don't think I've posted anything about it, but I've been sorta following your story and I'm really happy it's had this positive uptick lately. :) Hopefully the news continues to get better and your anxieties can be further allayed.

STDs - well, especially HIV/AIDs for obvious reasons - are some scary shit. Combine that with the threat of pregnancy for hetero sex and it amazes me that anyone manages to have sex at all sometimes.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I hope it gets better too.

I think that's kinda cute D:

I think its just really tacky branding yourself with what amounts to a string of numbers. They did that back in WW2 for very different reasons. Even if you just look at it as a barcode youre essentially reducing yourself to a piece of merchandise. Theres no way I can look at it without feeling embarassed for the person.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Utena, Miki, Nanami, and Saionji? Really Haly, do you even know what you're saying here? At the very least I'd have to get purple for my #1 bae Anthy.

Juri!

Maybe 7 then.

Pink, purple, yellow, green, blue, red, orange

Golnei

I think its just really tacky branding yourself with what amounts to a string of numbers. They did that back in WW2 for very different reasons. Even if you just look at it as a barcode youre essentially reducing yourself to a piece of merchandise. Theres no way I can look at it without feeling embarassed for the person.

As far as unfortunate implications go, gay cattle is at least preferable to trying to reclaim the pink triangle. Or a rainbow manji - that could be awkward if it fades.

Utena, Miki, Nanami, and Saionji? Really Haly, do you even know what you're saying here? At the very least I'd have to get purple for my #1 bae Anthy.

Anthy is one of my favourite characters ever <3

I've read up on neurotherapy a bit and it sounds really perfect for someone as introspective and inquisitive as you. :p What kind of method are you using, exactly?

You flatter me :3

I got the idea from this book that you can go off of the standard 10-10 or 10-20 list of sensor sites to target the orbitofrontal cortex, which is a part of the limbic system and probably the most important general area for affect regulation, at least that might be accessible with external sensors. This site is dubbed "FpO2" on the right hemisphere (and FpO1 on the left) and it's basically on the underside of your brow bone, at the point where it meets your nose. The left and right orbitofrontal cortex seem to have different functions (due to their connection with their respective amygdalas), with the right more associated with negative affect and worry, and the left more associated with positive affect and motivation.

The right area is implicated more in developmental trauma, PTSD, or a bunch of anxiety disorders, it develops earlier than the left area and it's supposed to be associated with scanning the environment for threats, so in that case you can use an inhibitory approach (basically increasing electrical activity anywhere from 3-11 Hz) to quiet that area of the brain down. It's interesting because since it's a skill based approach, you're learning how to inhibit negative emotional reactions in a very direct and 'unthinky' way, since often the problem is we think we can solve all of our problems, especially problems of the mind, just by thinking about them a lot, but this gives you a very apparent 'skill' that isn't related to how we think about things with all of our words and symbols and junk. Subjectively this kind of training can feel kind of like you're being embraced in some oceanic and nurturing primordial 'mother figure', so it feels really good, but I guess if you have serious trauma (I don't) it can potentially bring that to the surface. I also think it's an entirely viable way of training 'equanimity' (or upekkha) in the Buddhist lexicon of meditative qualities.

With the left area you're likely to take the opposite approach and try to excite it, which you usually do by increasing the electrical activity anywhere from 12-22 Hz. That sort of modality has a much more energetic feeling, you can often come out of it feeling like your body is 'singing' with some kind of pleasant-feeling electrical current, and you just want to get up and do something. I think it's also a viable way of training 'joy' (or piti) in the Buddhist lexicon of meditative qualities. Another thing that's interesting to me is that this Buddhist meditative terminology potentially applies to entirely ordinary phenomena that make up our normal psychological constitution, so I'm developing a sense of 'holism' I guess about how all of these ideas might be related, which I think is a really exciting idea.

There's other training modalities too, but those are the two important ones that I'm using for emotions and volitionally directed behaviours. Though what got me into it was actually helping me learn how to meditate, it was only when I had some success on that front that I became very aware of some of my developmental problems where my personality is concerned. So you can actually use this technology to approach some pretty advanced meditation practices in a fairly reliable way, too, for example "awareness of awareness" practices (Dzogchen Trekcho, Essence Mahamudra, Cittanupassana, etc), where you create a sort of internal feedback loop through which your awareness somehow notices the quality of 'being aware', without reference to any other object, but that's a pretty big topic.

I don't know, I've had celery.

My current fave vegetable is eggplant, although I'm usually too lazy to actually cook them and thusly just buy pre-made roasted eggplant spreads or w/e. Wonderful unique flavor, though.

Good point, unless it's a little bit in egg salad or something I'm not sure if celery has many redeeming qualities.

I haven't really got into eggplant. I've used it in a few vegetarian stews but you don't really get a flavour that way, just a texture, so it didn't really leave me with much of an impression. I need to explore it more, I mean I've had some good baba ghanoush once or twice but otherwise I'm basically uninitiated.

Do you mind elaborating on it?
I'm really curious.

Neurotherapy or neurofeedback is really interesting, the idea is you use instruments that gather data about some measure of brain activity to provide you with information about some measure of brain activity in real time, which you can then use to influence that activity. In theory it makes perfect sense to me, as feedback is necessary to learn any sort of skill, for example we couldn't learn how to walk if we couldn't feel our feet touch the ground. The problem with determining how 'orderly' our brains are is potentially that we don't have that same quality of 'feedback' available, we have to resort to what is at times is some pretty indirect means of narrowing in on the item in question (say talk therapy, for example).

And the goal isn't necessarily to create a new, homogenously-normal 'default state' for the brain to fall into, the idea is more that we often develop rigidities as we move forward in life, and targeting those areas where we've become stiff or unmalleable results in a more flexible brain and hopefully a more flexible perspective. So for something like ADD, you try to exercise the executive control faculties through targeting the frontal lobes in some way, the thought being that these are probably being underutilized, and through practice you end up having a broader or more functional 'range'.

The question though is what conditions you can train with an EEG or whatever, and not only that, even if it works there's still the question of why it works... it's still a really nascent field, but speaking for myself I went into it with a lot of expectations, and I'm still constantly surprised by how effective it is. Drugs in comparison often seem like a crude solution, not because they're external agents, but I think because chemical agents have an extremely broad range of actions throughout your whole system, and they're prone to tolerance, etc, so if you're looking to address something in a very specific and sustained way, drugs can be a bit lacking (or wonky) in comparison, at least for me.

if you were here i would let you put that brain thing on my head and zap me with it or whatever - for science!

Sometimes there's a bit of a learning curve, that's really the main downside, drugs are (sometimes) very immediate and our participation in the process isn't really a factor, while this is more of a learning process, but I'm sure there are a few things you could gain from a session, even if just an intellectual curiosity.

Golnei

I haven't really got into eggplant. I've used it in a few vegetarian stews but you don't really get a flavour that way, just a texture, so it didn't really leave me with much of an impression. I need to explore it more, I mean I've had some good baba ghanoush once or twice but otherwise I'm basically uninitiated.

If you haven't minded it in the past, you should really try making baba ghanouj sometime, it's incredibly easy.

i missed u umop <3

The last thread had felt noticeably emptier...

If you haven't minded it in the past, you should really try making baba ghanouj sometime, it's incredibly easy.

The last thread had felt noticeably emptier...

I think I will. Eggplant looks great, every time I see it I try to think of something to use it in so I can buy it.

Thank you for saying so! I missed posting here. You should post more, too, I always enjoy reading your posts.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
i hate having to soak eggplant in salt or whatever to drain the water out. such a pain

Sometimes there's a bit of a learning curve, that's really the main downside, drugs are (sometimes) very immediate and our participation in the process isn't really a factor, while this is more of a learning process, but I'm sure there are a few things you could gain from a session, even if just an intellectual curiosity.

make me more intellectual umop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom