• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeboy

Eek! I couldn't make it through the Wonderland show.

I actually enjoyed the Anna & Elsa arc despite Frozen being trash, but imo the 2nd half of the show is stronger/darker than the first half. I'd say stick with it ;)

Which
Pixar
character is joining the show? Spoiler tag it I don't mind :D
I'm really early into S4 so I'm sure it will get better, but Anna being so chipper is so weird in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Wonderland also got somewhat better towards the end, but I truly thought I would drop it in the beginning. Especially since the Red Queen irked me in every way imaginable.
Seriously, what was up with those lips, man.

Also I think he's talking about
Merida
being revealed as a character at D23.

NtLBjId.jpg
I almost forgot...

Bodybuilder Coty Reutzel

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
His legs are actually kind of a turn off. They're chicken legs, but in a different way.

They're like the drumsticks I get in my Popeyes chicken buckets.

His legs are actually kind of a turn off. They're chicken legs, but in a different way.

Is it because of how big his leg muscles are, but then the area around his knees is still tiny?

I get what you're saying..

they're still a turn on for me tho X_X

Big legs are incredibly sexy IMO.

Men are always conditioned to cover up their thighs now, and that's a shame. It's no easy feat to get strong legs, and if you got 'em, I say show them off.

I will continue to cover my big thighs because I hate them ;________; wahh
I gotta show you this new style of jeans I've seen come into the store someday. They're exactly the cut that suit people with athletic legs.

No more having to size up just to have room in the thighs. It's about time more brands were designing this type of pant style.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God, I want some Popeyes.
Is it because of how big his leg muscles are, but then the area around his knees is still tiny?

Yeah that's mostly it.

When it comes to body builders, sometimes the proportion of their trained bodies just feels off.

Nice abs though.

_Isaac

Also, second time and it hurt even more. I don't know how bottom and verse guys and girls do it... I did not enjoy it this time at all.

It was just me begging the guy to stop. He was a jerk about it too. I was mad.

I can't do this. It hurts too much. How some people enjoy anal sex is beyond me...
Yeah I don't get this at all.

God, I want some Popeyes.

Yeah that's mostly it.

When it comes to body builders, sometimes the proportion of their trained bodies just feels off.

Nice abs though.

Haha I can sort of understand with the knees :).

For me, the legs turn me on way more than his abs. Mind you though, abs have never really been a thing that turn me on thaaaat much! Just kind of a personal preference, I guess.

Big thighs, especially muscular ones, are the best.

I've been working on mine at the gym, did leg day yesterday intact!

Nice :) I bet you have great thighs!

I can't do much leg stuff at the gym for a bit now 'cause I tore my ACL playing soccer :/

But at the same time, my thighs don't need more muscle than they already have, really X_X.

Eek! I couldn't make it through the Wonderland show.

I actually enjoyed the Anna & Elsa arc despite Frozen being trash, but imo the 2nd half of the show is stronger/darker than the first half. I'd say stick with it ;)

I mean the show does tend to drag and move @ a snail's pace @ times so I agree. A 16 episode season would be better than the 22 plus they've got going.

???

Which
Pixar
character is joining the show? Spoiler tag it I don't mind :D

Merida from Brave

Anyone watch Once Upon a Time? It can be a bit cheesy but I love it. I picked up Season 4 today :)
looking forward to Dark Emma next season

Queen Regina >>>>> your faves

EGcribN.jpg
I have a standing beg with a friend that Regina and Emma won't be attached to a man when the series finale ends. I had to vague it up instead of saying they'll end up together

Kater

Banned
I gotta show you this new style of jeans I've seen come into the store someday. They're exactly the cut that suit people with athletic legs.

No more having to size up just to have room in the thighs. It's about time more brands were designing this type of pant style.
I have big thighs too so if you wanna, could you show them to me too?

I have big thighs too so if you wanna, could you show them to me too?
Sure, no problem.

The ones I told BlueBadger about are Levis, the 541 style. (All the Levi styles are numbered, indicating what cut they are.) They're an Athletic Fit, which means the seat and the thigh have a bit of give to them but the leg is straight with a slight taper at the bottom, which gives the jeans a tailored look. They're perfect for guys with muscular legs. They still look fitted to the body, but won't cut in at the waist or feel too tight in the thigh. Levis are a generally easy to find brand, and they're styling is pretty universal, so they're what I usually recommend now. (If I'm physically shopping with/styling someone I can branch out a bit more. It's still very important to try a lot of different garments on, because everything will fit differently depending on a multitude of factors.)

Sadly, not a lot of manufacturers make a style like this yet. You usually have to go to the really expensive designer brands to find it. The next best option is a relaxed waist/straight leg fit, which is a bit easier to find, but not as tailored looking. (They're generally still pretty baggy which I don't think is very flattering on a man's body.)

I have big thighs but that's mostly because I'm fat :p

Legs are the best part of the male anatomy :)
Muscular legs are incredible. It makes me sad that so many guys feel uncomfortable with theirs, as they truly are one of the sexiest parts of a man's physique IMO. It takes a lot of hard work to obtain them, and they generally also mean you have a really nice butt.

A big part of this was how conservative men's fashion has been for the last 20/30 years. Shorts got longer and longer, and pants got baggier and baggier. Manufactures simply weren't making pants that correctly fit guys with strong legs, and that is incredibly frustrating. Thankfully this trend is finally starting to reverse.

Kater

Banned
Sure, no problem.

The ones I told BlueBadger about are Levis, the 541 style. (All the Levi styles are numbered, indicating what cut they are.) They're an Athletic Fit, which means the seat and the thigh have a bit of give to them but the leg is straight with a slight taper at the bottom, which gives the jeans a tailored look. They're perfect for guys with muscular legs. They still look fitted to the body, but won't cut in at the waist or feel too tight in the thigh. Levis are a generally easy to find brand, and they're styling is pretty universal, so they're what I usually recommend now. (If I'm physically shopping/styling someone I can branch out a bit more. It's still very important to try a lot of different garments on, because everything will fit differently depending on a multitude of factors.)

Sadly, not a lot of manufacturers make a style like this yet. You usually have to go to the really expensive designer brands to find it. The next best option is a relaxed waist/straight leg fit, which is a bit easier to find, but not as tailored looking. (They're generally still pretty baggy which I don't think is very flattering on a man's body.)
I'll look if I can find those at the Levis store next time I am there. We also have a shop with very expensive brands that has some pretty good sales a lot of times during the year so if I don't find anything at the Levis store that I like or that fits then I have to wait for those sales.

Thanks for taking your time and writing such a helpful reply!

I'll look if I can find those at the Levis store next time I am there. We also have a shop with very expensive brands that has some pretty good sales a lot of times during the year so if I don't find anything at the Levis store that I like or that fits then I have to wait for those sales.

Thanks for taking your time and writing such a helpful reply!
No problem, I love talking about clothes/fashion. :)

I know Levis are not the most exciting brand to shop for, but the cool thing about their stuff is that they make so many different cuts of jeans that it's much easier to find a suitable one with them. Lots of big brands only make a few cuts and expect everyone to be able to fit into them comfortably.

It's still incredibly important to try everything on. Another thing to consider is the type of underwear and shoes you plan on wearing with them. If you usually wear trunks or briefs, don't go shopping wearing a pair of boxer shorts. (And vice versa.) Whether or not you primarily wear boots or shoes plays a role too. Bring a belt if you wear one. Do you wear a lot of shirts that you like to tuck in? Are these more for casual use, or do you want to be able to dress them up? Etc. etc. Finding versatile pieces is always something to strive for IMO, but not every garment is suitable for every occasion, so all these things need to be taken into account.

This is why I like to actually shop with people, because it's much easier to tailor my recommendations to their needs and see what works and what doesn't. It's easy to see why people get frustrated when going clothes shopping, because they aren't given the proper advice.

daripad

Hours Left be my real life friend, please.

I have 0 style and struggle to buy clothes because I don't know what looks better for me and stuff like that

Razmos

Spent most of yesterday catching up to Durarara! god that show is awesome.

It's a shame that with such a large cast though (I think the amount of important characters is now in it's upper 70's or something) that the only real LGBT characters are a pair of bisexual sisters, one being more into guys, the other being more into girls and both of them being totally into each other.

No problem, I love talking about clothes/fashion. :)

I know Levis are not the most exciting brand to shop for, but the cool thing about their stuff is that they make so many different cuts of jeans that it's much easier to find a suitable one with them. Lots of big brands only make a few cuts and expect everyone to be able to fit into them comfortably.

It's still incredibly important to try everything on. Another thing to consider is the type of underwear and shoes you plan on wearing with them. If you usually wear trunks or briefs, don't go shopping wearing a pair of boxer shorts. (And vice versa.) Whether or not you primarily wear boots or shoes plays a role too. Bring a belt if you wear one. Do you wear a lot of shirts that you like to tuck in? Are these more for casual use, or do you want to be able to dress them up? Etc. etc. Finding versatile pieces is always something to strive for IMO, but not every garment is suitable for every occasion, so all these things need to be taken into account.

This is why I like to actually shop with people, because it's much easier to tailor my recommendations to their needs and see what works and what doesn't. It's easy to see why people get frustrated when going clothes shopping, because they aren't given the proper advice.
Leave it to you to be amazing as always <3

Hours Left be my real life friend, please.

I have 0 style and struggle to buy clothes because I don't know what looks better for me and stuff like that
Of course! If you ever visit my part of Canada, I'll take you shopping. (Though I currently live somewhere incredibly dull, but I'm trying to change that!) You can always ask me questions here too.

Another super important thing to remember, probably the most important thing of all (and I'd tell this to anyone), is that it doesn't matter what I may say if you don't feel comfortable yourself in the clothes. Clothes are supposed to make you feel good about yourself, but it frequently is the opposite experience for many people, and that's why it's vital to find what works for each personal individually, no matter what's "on trend" or whatever. (Though that may involve stepping away from what you're generally used to.) I just like to try and guide people in a positive direction. :D

Leave it to you to be amazing as always <3
Aww, thanks BB. <33

Just trying to be helpful. :)

Dany

Banned
Hey folks! Hows the summer treating you all? Took any vacations? Going on vacations?

Summer has been a real...barn burner. Summer classes are lame and I've been busy as fuck but I'm done this friday! yay :D Going to Seattle and then Missouri with my SO. First vacation w/ him, so excited. I'm almost done with grad school ;_; I am so excited.

Delio

In terms of clothes it's hard to find stuff that looks good on me. Big guy of course and styles are just limited. I found a big and tall store named Foundry that I got some shirts from but until I lose weight my fashion is pretty terrible lol.

DOWN

Banned
I was supposed to refresh my wardrobe last week, but I only did about 1/4th of the shopping I need to do. I hate shopping but I like my tastes.

In terms of clothes it's hard to find stuff that looks good on me. Big guy of course and styles are just limited. I found a big and tall store named Foundry that I got some shirts from but until I lose weight my fashion is pretty terrible lol.
Many "big and tall" stores are in really a sad state of affairs. They're rather just suits and dress clothes, or they act like everyone wants to dress like a soccer dad in polo shirts & cargo shorts. (With prerequisite socks and sandals.)

A suggestion I'd make is try going to stores that focus on industrial style clothing. They usually carry larger sizes and many nowadays carry casual clothes too. Then try to build a wardrobe of solid staple pieces that have multiple uses. (Dark wash denim, button ups, quality t-shirts/henleys, sweaters, jackets in a variety of weights/materials, nice shoes, etc.) That being said, it's still generally difficult for bigger guys, and that's extremely unfortunate. Mass market retail clothing is really slow to adopt to changes in demand when it comes to sizing.

Delio

Many "big and tall" stores are in really a sad state of affairs. They're rather just suits and dress clothes, or they act like everyone wants to dress like a soccer dad in polo shirts & cargo shorts. (With prerequisite socks and sandals.)

A suggestion I'd make is try going to stores that focus on industrial style clothing. They usually carry larger sizes and many nowadays carry casual clothes too. Then try to build a wardrobe of solid staple pieces that have multiple uses. (Dark wash denim, button ups, quality t-shirts/henleys, sweaters, jackets in a variety of weights/materials, nice shoes, etc.) That being said, it's still generally difficult for bigger guys, and that's extremely unfortunate. Mass market retail clothing is really slow to adopt to changes in demand when it comes to sizing.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah i need to find a store like that here in Texas.

Hey folks! Hows the summer treating you all? Took any vacations? Going on vacations?

Summer has been a real...barn burner. Summer classes are lame and I've been busy as fuck but I'm done this friday! yay :D Going to Seattle and then Missouri with my SO. First vacation w/ him, so excited. I'm almost done with grad school ;_; I am so excited.
I'm at the airport as we speak :) heading to Vegas. Then to Seattle for PAX :3.

It'll be a good way to end a sort of up and down summer. Gotta start seeing orthopedic surgeons when I get back x_x.

halfbeast

Banned

oh, so it's a universal thing? I never understood why they all sell the same types of clothing. I don't wanna look like a pedophile! D:<

I usually import my stuff from the uk, it's cheaper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom