• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.

I will. I try to avoid spoilers like the plague generally, and I know almost nothing beyond the concept. I'm looking forward to it.

Congratulations Abso! :)

Congrats on the job Abso.

Because Android sucks.
I don't even play FF, but still felt the need to chime in and hate Android because Apple has me completely indoctrinated. Lol

Congrats!

Congrats!!! :)

Kinda funny too because I just found out today that I got a new job as well o___o

So happy for you!!!!
Neat! :D
What job?
yay. jobs are hard to find
Thanks all! :D

I'm a little nervous but mostly I'm super excited.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Canada is your dorky friend that grew up to be hot, and is humble because of it.

now do one for cuba

I feel like I have been...
hehehe

You've already been? How was the view?

nah they are to blame too.

i was already talking about the jerk dude tbh

So uh I got some good news today.

I interviewed for a job at Six Flags (Amusement Park)
And

I GOT THE JOB! :D
My first job ever. WOOOP WOOOP! :D

YAS CONGRATS

Neat! :D
What job?

Thanks all! :D

I'm a little nervous but mostly I'm super excited.
I can understand that! I'm nervous too. A new job is always a bit anxiety-inducing LOL! I'm honestly so happy for you tho!

It's a job with the city I live in :) so it's a government job. I'm going to be the clerical/receptionist at a bunch of the rec centres in the city

alvmew

All of this job talk makes me feel super lucky I've never had to apply or interview for a job before. My first job was offered to me at the conclusion of an internship, and the second job was one in a field of offers given to me after the first office I was at closed down and word was put out that I was looking for a new gig.

Glad I'll only be in my current job for another year though - it's alright, but nothing too exciting or captivating. Then law school for a few years and the real job hunt begins. .-.

Alvmew in a few years:
2042609-phoenix_wright.jpg

<3

Congrats everyone on their new jobs!! :)

congwats :3
Thanks friends <3

Psst, The games are rigged. :p

Seriously though, If you ever want tickets, I can get you some. I get freebies apparently. and Discounts. :D

I KNEW IT!!![ :p

Oh that's really cool. :O Might take you up on that offer lol. Or a discount maybe! I don't even remember how much Six Flag tickets usually are. It's been so long since I've been.

B-Dex

the one time i went to magic mountain it sucked. huge crowd before opening. immediate 1 hour+ waits for everything.

I can understand that! I'm nervous too. A new job is always a bit anxiety-inducing LOL! I'm honestly so happy for you tho!

It's a job with the city I live in :) so it's a government job. I'm going to be the clerical/receptionist at a bunch of the rec centres in the city
Congrats BB! :D

Everybody gettin' paid.

VlD1gB2.jpg

_Isaac

No. I could probably find out though. Do you know all of your great grandparents' names?

Only on my mom's side. I met all four of them. I never met any of the ones on my dad's side, so I don't remember their names. I only have my great grandma left since my great grandpa died last night. :( It just got me thinking how I don't remember my dad's grandparents. It's kinda sad how easily we'll probably be forgotten once we're gone. :/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Only on my mom's side. I met all four of them. I never met any of the ones on my dad's side, so I don't remember their names. I only have my great grandma left since my great grandpa died last night. :( It just got me thinking how I don't remember my dad's grandparents. It's kinda sad how easily we'll probably be forgotten once we're gone. :/

I'm sorry to hear about your great grandpa's passing. It sucks, but it's also kind of amazing that you got to know him for as long as you did - I never got to meet any of my great grandparents (well, supposedly I did when I was a baby, but I don't remember), as most of them died before I was born.

Do you guys know all of your great grandparents' names?

I knew my maternal great grandparents. My great grandfather was in WW2 but he wouldnt talk about it, even with my great grandmother. I always wanted to hear his stories but what would have been entertainment to me was likely very different for him. My great grandmother outlived him by about 10 or 15 years, but she had Alzheimers in her last few years so it really felt like we lost her long before she died which was visibly tough on my grandmother.

Spyware

Congrats on the jobs!

Hmm, I don't think mom ever mentioned her grandparents and I'm sure dad never did. Might have read their names somewhere but if so I don't remember. None of them were alive when I was born I think. My grandparents were very old and I've lost all but one now. Or... I've never really "had" them. Mom's dad was a jerk and the rest of her relatives only speak finnish so I've never been able to communicate with them. They are not too nice to her either (but I think her mother tries to be, lately) so I don't care about them. Dad's relatives hates my mother due to lies and idunnowhat after the divorce so that destroyed every chance of them accepting me.
My mother is awesome so anyone hating her is out of my life forever :p
My "relatives" are basically only mom and my little brother since dad passed away.

I don't mind being forgotten. I'm nothing special anyway :)

Razmos

Finally got No More Heroes 2!
I kept going into GAME every month or so to check if they had it and they finally did!

The cute guy working there who I've mentioned before served me again, he was friendly and stuff but I tried to make conversation with him and he just smiled, lame.

I checked the bag and stuff to see if he'd slipped me his number or something but no dice :(

I also bought a Palutena Amiibo because how do I money? durrr. It's gorgeous though

red13th

So uh I got some good news today.

I interviewed for a job at Six Flags (Amusement Park)
And

I GOT THE JOB! :D
My first job ever. WOOOP WOOOP! :D

That's great, congratulations, the both of you :D

Golnei

Congratulations on the jobs, both of you.

Finally got No More Heroes 2!
I kept going into GAME every month or so to check if they had it and they finally did!

Make sure to lower your expectations - it's not necessarily a bad game, but I found it to be a fairly directionless iteration of the first.

Razmos

Congratulations on the jobs, both of you.

Make sure to lower your expectations - it's not necessarily a bad game, but I found it to be a fairly directionless iteration of the first.
I'm definitely not expecting it to be as good as the original.

alvmew

Alvmew in a few years:

<3

Thanks friends <3

That's the plan! :3

Lol, I don't even know all of my grandparents names. I don't have a close relationship (or really any at all) with either side of my family.

Finally done with my first week of College, that took fucking forever tbh

so many hot guys tho...

Also, congrats TheAbsolution!!

My first week of college, I was hanging out on campus pretty early - my mom worked near the school and I dropped her off at 6:30 at work; didn't have class until 8, but figured I would just hang on campus and wait. Like thirty shirtless football players then proceeded to run near me and it was HEAVEN.

So apparently, more than one thousand gays are at risk of execution because their names were leaked in the Ashley Madison hack.

I'm not entirely happy with the knowledge that there are still countries where that's a thing.

Damn it. This makes me feel guilty about enjoying the leak so much because of the stuff with that asshat Duggar.

Golnei

Why do I read the comments? D: it's the first rule of the internet and I still do it, I'm a masochist.

At least there were only a few 'they had it coming', 'but AIDS!' and 'it's just the way things are there, and we have no right to criticise' comments. I was honestly expecting much worse - if I truly despised myself, I'd look at what the Daily Mail's always-respectable readership had to say about it.

_Isaac

Congrats on the jobs!

Hmm, I don't think mom ever mentioned her grandparents and I'm sure dad never did. Might have read their names somewhere but if so I don't remember. None of them were alive when I was born I think. My grandparents were very old and I've lost all but one now. Or... I've never really "had" them. Mom's dad was a jerk and the rest of her relatives only speak finnish so I've never been able to communicate with them. They are not too nice to her either (but I think her mother tries to be, lately) so I don't care about them. Dad's relatives hates my mother due to lies and idunnowhat after the divorce so that destroyed every chance of them accepting me.
My mother is awesome so anyone hating her is out of my life forever :p
My "relatives" are basically only mom and my little brother since dad passed away.

I don't mind being forgotten. I'm nothing special anyway :)

That sucks that a lot if your relatives seem to dislike your mother. My dad's parents used to hate my mom mostly because they didn't think she was good enough for him. You better believe she won them over though. Now she's probably their favorite daughter in law. &#128515;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom