• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
stop sleeping on Frostbite guys
Visually it looks amazing.

I thought the original was kind of average, but this is looking much better.

UZ3D9Vs.gif

t0qxmPV.gif

TYXFBco.gif

DOWN

Banned
when this launches it will probably run at 20 fps with unresponsive controls like every other game tbh
Frostbite is a marvel and recent releases Battlefront and Need For Speed look like CGI sex
Everyone knows Frostbite can do beautiful looking games the problem is that the gameplay doesn't usually back most of the games.
I disagree but I'm a graphics whore blinded by the shiny screen space reflections powered by Frostbite

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can take a joke just fine but some people really do believe the "master race" bullshit.

Basically both sides have easy point to pick on and see as negatives. There are lots of broken PC ports out there with a recent example being the Tales of Symphonia port. Do PC games usually have better performance and visuals than consoles? Sure but there are a lot of broken games out there that people brush off to validate their decision of PC gaming being better than console gaming. That plus design and other factors make things come to preferences really.

PC vs Console is basically the same shit as Android vs IOS. Both functional with tons of people fanning over a company that is not paying them for the fighting they do. I mostly laugh at the whole console vs pc gaming cause both sides are ridiculous really when trying to put each side down. Even funnier when each side say something ignorant that they think the console or PC games cant do but they can do it.

Overall I learned with time to not take serious that matter cause in the end people will like what they like and they can and will be petty about things. I rarely post in the Gaming Side looking how some people get over minimal shit really.

that DOA pc port though
5VEyLTn.gif

i am a handheld hoe

Functional but missing content. If you wanna go hard use MK:X

RM8

Because console warriors are not just as annoying and even more common.

EDIT: Can we not mention MK:X on PC? I'm still depressed about it :(

While looking for something else I came across this hunk.

X3j5mtu.gif

He actually lets the staff go and recaptures it after his spin kick.
Impressive, I'll stare at this jiff a bit longer so I can properly appreciate the form of his kick :^)

Because console warriors are not just as annoying and even more common.

EDIT: Can we not mention MK:X on PC? I'm still depressed about it :(

Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm primarily a PC gamer and was waiting for a complete edition of MK X before biting and buying it. Now I've had to buy it on Xbone instead.

Vazra

Im not touching another WB PC product unless gifted. I dont have a PS4 or XBO so pretty much Im not touching the shitty ports

Im not touching another WB PC product unless gifted. I dont have a PS4 or XBO so pretty much Im not touching the shitty ports

I think that's the stance that I'm going to be taking. I didn't even bother with Arkham Knight after the whole PC shambles with that and by the look of things I didn't miss out on much.

I think that's the stance that I'm going to be taking. I didn't even bother with Arkham Knight after the whole PC shambles with that and by the look of things I didn't miss out on much.

This. I'm not going to day one anything from them, but once the hype has died down on things I usually find that I didn't miss much, or the price will be low enough to justify buying it.

$10 bin is where it's at.

RM8

MK is the only WB property I care about, so yeah, it's not like I'll have to modify my purchasing habits 😛 Even DOA5LR on PC is getting that upcoming meh-tastic character, and I doubt it outsold MKX on PC... Oh well. I got SFV and soon KI.

MK is the only WB property I care about, so yeah, it's not like I'll have to modify my purchasing habits 😛 Even DOA5LR on PC is getting that upcoming meh-tastic character, and I doubt it outsold MKX on PC... Oh well. I got SFV and soon KI.

KI is the shit, man. I played the fuck out of it on Xbox and I'm looking forward to switching to play it on PC. They confirmed it for cross-buy, right?

Oh, I forgot about KI. Perched for it.

Really though, I play Nintendo consoles/handhelds more than anything, I just love it when people get riled up because of the "PC master race" angle. No different than a pro Sony agenda some people around here push.

Vazra

MK is the only WB property I care about, so yeah, it's not like I'll have to modify my purchasing habits. Even DOA5LR on PC is getting that upcoming meh-tastic character, and I doubt it outsold MKX on PC... Oh well. I got SFV and soon KI.

LOL its funny that as messed up as DOA port is (Its a Frankenport of the arcade release with some parts of the PS4/XBO content and just ranked matched without lobby system) they still go ham putitng the DLC and now bringing the character. Koei Tecmo ports are almost on par with WB in terms of port quality. Toukiden PC doesnt even run at steady 30fps, One Piece using Vita assets or something a long those lines and tons of the games not having 360 button prompts but something created by themselves which was confusing for most of the part for people.

EDIT: Im kinda worried about KI since its Windows Store exclusive and GFWL left a bad impression on tons of people.

RM8

KI is the shit, man. I played the fuck out of it on Xbox and I'm looking forward to switching to play it on PC. They confirmed it for cross-buy, right?
Yup! Along with cross platform multiplayer which should be the norm from now on, really. I'm so going to main Riptor <3

LOL its funny that as messed up as DOA port is (Its a Frankenport of the arcade release with some parts of the PS4/XBO content and just ranked matched without lobby system) they still go ham putitng the DLC and now bringing the character. Koei Tecmo ports are almost on par with WB in terms of port quality. Toukiden PC doesnt even run at steady 30fps, One Piece using Vita assets or something a long those lines and tons of the games not having 360 button prompts but something created by themselves which was confusing for most of the part for people.

EDIT: Im kinda worried about KI since its Windows Store exclusive and GFWL left a bad impression on tons of people.
They're getting a bit better, aren't they? Dragon Quest Heroes is miles better than that super crappy PC port of Samurai Warriors 4-II I was tricked into buying. And yeah, we get the DLC :p

RM8

KI will be the first and last game I buy on the Windows Store, I'm glad I'm not into Microsoft's properties, lol.

Console gamers are so cute sometimes. It's like choosing Halsey over Robyn. I suppose some people just want the subpar, watered down version.

I'll take that over a broken PC port that crashes constantly and won't run smoothly.

I have a decent gaming PC but I'll pass on a PC version if the port is no good.

I'll take that over a broken PC port that crashes constantly and won't run smoothly.

Definitely. There is no way that I could in good conscience recommend someone to buy the PC version of MK X or Arkham Knight over the console version.

Man, The Range is putting out some fantastic music. Can't wait to see him at Pitchfork music fest this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzuvH82gBg

Oh, I was just joking. But I usually find I prefer to go PC when it comes to multiplatform games, unless they're broken. Although I didn't have any issues with Arkham Knight at launch like a lot of people did, but my rig is more than decent.

But of course, nothing gets me more upset than a sloppy PC port.

Kevyt

^^

Compared to the many other games that run well on PC, and the many games that run poorly on consoles....

;_;

I buy on PC like 99% of the time. The only times I don't are for exclusives, 3DS and Wii U games and the handful of games that actually run better on consoles, e.g. MK X.

Vazra

They're getting a bit better, aren't they? Dragon Quest Heroes is miles better than that super crappy PC port of Samurai Warriors 4-II I was tricked into buying. And yeah, we get the DLC :p
You need to use Windows 7 compatibility mode for DQH to run fine. Samurai Warriors 4-II I believe they used PS4 character models but the rest are PS3 assets. Arslan which is their latest musou apparently is one of their best ports so far but still have ways to go.

Oh crap, yeah. I forgot about that Windows Store stuff. Halo Wars 2 will most likely be exclusive to that as well :/
This thread simply adds extra worries to some of the stuff I already had.

I'll wait a bit and see how things develop.

Kater

Banned
My gaming experience with this cheap-ish MSI gaming laptop I currently play games on is ten times better than my experience with any consoles I owned, excluding handhelds.

I'll always like handhelds and I think they compliment each other well.

RM8

I still love consoles (and 3DS is my favourite platform), but PC is so convenient nowadays... and consoles have been getting less and less convenient, with their dependence on internet, updates, game installs, massive sizes (my PC is smaller than a PS4 <3) etc. On PC I get regional pricing, free online, being able to use any controller I want, mods, being able to play ancient games without having to beg for backwards compatibility, a ton of indies, and for the first time I feel like I'm more of a PC gamer than a (home) console gamer. But again, I love consoles too, I'll play games on anything :p

Ekai

I know. :(

I played through it multiple times for all the endings and it was so disappointing to never get a sequel.

I see. Persona 4 was my first Persona, so I didn't have a basis for comparison in terms of what it did better or worse than other games in the series. I also thought that there were some issues with stereotypes, but they weren't significant enough to impact my enjoyment. I didn't see it as a decline from a previous standard and sort of took it as a representation of an immature adolescent attitude, you know? I don't think you're wrong to feel the way you did, of course; I just reacted to it differently.

Are you interested in Persona 5? I haven't bought a new video game system since I bought a 3DS, and I haven't bought a console since getting a PS2 back in 2006. I really, really want to play Persona 5 if it's half as good as I'm expecting it to be.

Though maybe I should play my copy of Persona 3 before I get myself worked up about 5.

Sequel! I could take or leave a remake, honestly; I want a continuation. I haven't played an RPG with that sense of genuine adventure and discovery before or since.

Mm. I also liked that it has significantly less dead time than any other Zelda game I've played; I think it is the densest
Zelda I've played.

We can at least hope the sequel will still come! :)

I am but I am leery of it based on recent games from Atlus being really....not well-written. At least with the Persona spin-offs. I don't have a ps4 however and I don't plan to buy a ps4 for just one or two games and outside of P5 and Bloodborne, I'm not at all interested in a Ps4 at all.

Hope you enjoy P3 when you do try it!

Oh god yessss, the sheer sense of exploration and wonder in SoA <3

Agreed to on how dense Majora was.

DOWN

Banned
I just don't want a PC. I love the upsides and console-centric studios and companies that play there, the exclusives, the unity of branding, the clear few hardware boxes that do all I want, the minimalism of setup and tinkering. The downsides and the steps involved in PC are turn offs for me. I won't go into how many times I see a thread discussing a remaster or remaster rumor and people keep saying, "oh but you can up the resolution on PC. Remaster isn't necessary." And I think in a quiet voice, "WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? IN A THREAD FULL OF CONSOLE PLAYERS WHO CLEARLY DONT WANT PCs?" I kid a little but yeah save yourself the energy of trying to sway people's platformal orientation.

Kevyt

I just don't want a PC. I love the upsides and console-centric studios and companies that play there, the exclusives, the unity of branding, the clear few hardware boxes that do all I want, the minimalism of setup and tinkering. The downsides and the steps involved in PC are turn offs for me. I won't go into how many times I see a thread discussing a remaster or remaster rumor and people keep saying, "oh but you can up the resolution on PC. Remaster isn't necessary." And I think in a quiet voice, "WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? IN A THREAD FULL OF CONSOLE PLAYERS WHO CLEARLY DONT WANT PCs?" I kid a little but yeah save yourself the energy of trying to sway people's platformal orientation.

PC = Personal Computer.

You have a mac, don't you? That's a PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom