• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I can't watch this my SO is from Brazil and I'm gonna cry like a motherfucker if I do.

:( I hope your SO is happier where they're living now!

P.S.: Have you considered filling out the IBQ in the OP? It seems like this is your second post in this thread, so welcome!

Kevyt

giphy.gif

Anyone in our community who still supports HRC after what she said today is an Uncle Tom and should be shunned as such. Some of you may block me for saying this but it's how I feel. Hillary Rodham Clinton is a vile, odious, detestable piece of human filth and no amount of backtracking will change that.

Anyone in our community who still supports HRC after what she said today is an Uncle Tom and should be shunned as such. Some of you may block me for saying this but it's how I feel. Hillary Rodham Clinton is a vile, odious, detestable piece of human filth and no amount of backtracking will change that.
what did she say?

Meicyn

Gold Member
When the election boils down to Trump versus Clinton, voting Clinton. Sorry.

Berordn

Except you know, it's not. Bernie has been and is our ally that that vile women who will only pander to us to get our votes.

So in the general if Bernie's not on the ballot, would you really not cast your vote with the candidate that has the power to keep SCOTUS leaning left?

It's a stupid thing to say and she shouldn't have, but it's hardly the most contemptible thing any candidate's done this election cycle.

Alavard

what did she say?

She praised Nancy Reagan for her advocacy for HIV/AIDS awareness, when in reality, the Reagans did significant harm toward the HIV/AIDS epidemic and treated it as a joke.

Her campaign has since said that she misspoke, and that the praise was supposed to be centered around Nancy Reagan's advocacy for Stem Cell research and a cure for Alzheimer's.

I'm trying to be neutral with that description, for what it's worth (I'm Canadian).

Meicyn

Gold Member
Except you know, it's not. Bernie has been and is our ally that that vile women who will only pander to us to get our votes.
IF he gets the nomination, then I will vote for Bernie. If he does not, which at the moment is the likely outcome, then I am voting for Clinton. Don't care that she's a liar who says whatever she can to get elected. I will do my part to ensure that a Democrat gets elected so that moderate or liberal judges get appointed to the Supreme Court because our future is too fucking important to get caught up in the usual election infighting that happens every four years.

IF he gets the nomination, then I will vote for Bernie. If he does not, which at the moment is the likely outcome, then I am voting for Clinton. Don't care that she's a liar who says whatever she can to get elected. I will do my part to ensure that a Democrat gets elected so that moderate or liberal judges get appointed to the Supreme Court because our future is too fucking important to get caught up in the usual election infighting that happens every four years.

1. Dem and Progressive are not synonymous. HRC and her ilk are the biggest example.

2. If you know she's a liar (but don't care) than how can you be so sure she'll do what she says? After all she is a liar.

Meicyn

Gold Member
1. Dem and Progressive are not synonymous. HRC and her ilk are the biggest example.

2. If you know she's a liar (but don't care) than how can you be so sure she'll do what she says? After all she is a liar.
1. You brought up progressive, not me. She is a "blue dog" Democrat and so I know what to expect with her. Likewise, I know what to expect from the Republican candidates.

2. She is a known quantity. She is like a pond reed that leans in whatever direction the wind is blowing. Majority opinion is favorable towards at least SOME progressive ideas, so she will maneuver in that general direction on SOME progressive ideas. The alternative option are candidates who are not in favor of ANY progressive ideas. There is only one clear choice in this election: vote Democrat.

Berordn

Except she wouldn't. She's a "Third Way" Dem which are about as left as my right nut.

Which you are basing on... what?

Her voting record is largely progressive on civil rights issues. She leans right when it comes to economics, yes, but if she was such a gay hating monster she probably wouldn't be ranked so high by the HRC.

You're free to dislike her for whatever reason you want, but you seem to be letting rage blind yourself here.

DOWN

Banned
I have to work tomorrow because my new job sponsors some festival and I'm terrible at meeting people but I got to play graphic designer by making all their signs and they like them so nice👌

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Glad I'm not the only one who can't stand HRC.

"Can't stand" is stronger than I would state my view of her, but she's definitely no more trustworthy or viable a candidate than any of the Republican loons. I keep getting the impression from people I interact with that they're planning to vote for her simply because, hey, woman president! Yikes.

Alavard

"Can't stand" is stronger than I would state my view of her, but she's definitely no more trustworthy or viable a candidate than any of the Republican loons. I keep getting the impression from people I interact with that they're planning to vote for her simply because, hey, woman president! Yikes.

Let's not get crazy here. The top two republican nominees are Trump, who has gone on record to suggest that a woman's value is proportional to her looks and Cruz who would actively work to discriminate against LGBT+ people at every single opportunity.

But again, that's just my outside view as a Canadian.

Symbolism can be important. While I don't think you should vote for her simply because she's a woman, I can see why many do.

As for her legislative record, I agree with the majority of it regardless of her tendency to flip flop. She'll want re-elected, so she can be trusted to follow through on her promises to the best of her ability.

Ekai

Let's not get crazy here. The top two republican nominees are Drumpf, who has gone on record to suggest that a woman's value is proportional to her looks and Cruz who would actively work to discriminate against LGBT+ people at every single opportunity.

But again, that's just my outside view as a Canadian.

Well, considering how hawkish she is, her economic policy standings, and her lack of desire to even acknowledge that trans individuals exist (even as late as late last year!) I really don't trust her in the goddamn least. That I pretty much have to vote for her if she gets the nom. bothers me, frankly. I will never vote for a Republican and the two-party system fucks over those who actually give a damn about minorities like Bernie. She literally always just goes with what is popular in the status-quo and that's it. If she does anything for my rights and the rights of all within the LGBT spectrum when she isn't a part of Obama's administration (as he actually cared to fight for trans rights) I will be shocked. The fact that I see Hillary supporters here, other places online, and in real-life constantly insult people, particularly minorities, for supporting Bernie over Hillary just adds to my frustration with this whole mess.

Symbolism can be important. While I don't think you should vote for her simply because she's a woman, I can see why many do.

As for her legislative record, I agree with the majority of it regardless of her tendency to flip flop. She'll want re-elected, so she can be trusted to follow through on her promises to the best of her ability.

2aTVCnR.gif

Alavard

Well, considering how hawkish she is, her economic policy standings, and her lack of desire to even acknowledge that trans individuals exist (even as late as late last year!) I really don't trust her in the goddamn least. That I pretty much have to vote for her if she gets the nom. bothers me, frankly. I will never vote for a Republican and the two-party system fucks over those who actually give a damn about minorities like Bernie. She literally always just goes with what is popular in the status-quo and that's it. If she does anything for my rights and the rights of all within the LGBT spectrum when she isn't a part of Obama's administration (as he actually cared to fight for trans rights) I will be shocked. The fact that I see Hillary supporters here, other places online, and in real-life constantly insult people, particularly minorities, for supporting Bernie or Hillary just adds to my frustration with this whole mess.

I can definitely empathize with your position.

Bernie is the most honest and the most generally well liked candidate.
So my question is....why is "he won't get any of this to happen" a valid argument argument against him. Even if he isn't able to get his more ambitious initiatives passed, he's still fighting for things HRC also supports like equal pay and revoking citizens united. So why is it that a lot of people feel that electing Sanders in office will be completely ineffective if his farther left ideas are stopped in congress. He still agrees with HRC on a lot of other, more moderate platforms. he just has a better track record and higher favorability.

I remember that one guy that Pamplemousse thought was too femme or someth.

Can't remember his name. RIP.

The question was asked here two weeks ago. Searching says TheScottSpot and RitzPlays.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ThaScottSpot
https://www.youtube.com/user/RitzPlays

Biforce does videos without commentary at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9PBt0La7afzmD4tsj7SJQ
i c

i do not use (biforce's production is pretty good though)
fucking rip i'm tired of watching messy straight men play video games
i am done

I tried ScottSpot because they're cute, but they aren't good enough gamers. They sucked at the Sunshine LP.

Bikdiponabus is my favorite LPer, but he's straight. Slimkirby is nice too but also straight.

Well, do you honestly think they'll work anymore with Bernie? Do you think Bernie can deal with the shit Hillary is immune to after 25 years?

85KZz3D.gif

Considering that's exactly what he's known for doing...yes. Go look up how many republicans actually admire him. Go look up how many bipartisan bills he's worked on. He's known as "The Amendment King" for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom