• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I'm trying to understand why they think a buttonless, round-screened Playstation Vita is their next big thing. Someone clue me in to the strategy.

It can't be real.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm trying to understand why they think a buttonless, round-screened Playstation Vita is their next big thing. Someone clue me in to the strategy.

It can't be real.

Apparently the triggers scroll like mouse pads too. Overall it seems they are again trying to do their own thing and see if it sticks like the Wii did. I personally don't like the idea of touch buttons and I got no idea how it would work with something like fighting games, shooters, adventure games or other games that require you to press buttons with precision and in some cases perfect timing to do things.

On the positive side I can see it working perfectly for MMOs, RPGs, Strategy games and other simpler stuff. I need to see how it would work on the games I mentioned that require more precision.

Delio

Apparently the triggers scroll like mouse pads too. Overall it seems they are again trying to do their own thing and see if it sticks like the Wii did. I personally don't like the idea of touch buttons and I got no idea how it would work with something like fighting games, shooters, adventure games or other games that require you to press buttons with precision and in some cases perfect timing to do things.

On the positive side I can see it working perfectly for MMOs, RPGs, Strategy games and other simpler stuff. I need to see how it would work on the games I mentioned that require more precision.

I talked about this with Kater in skype that those genres would be okay to play with this but I ponder how stuff like say Smash works with it. Yeah you have the gamecube controller which a lot of Smash competitive people will cry about if it's not supported. But what do we just tap the screen to button mash? I dunno.

Honestly I just want to see the handheld side of this since I want Pokemon still lol.

Vazra

I talked about this with Kater in skype that those genres would be okay to play with this but I ponder how stuff like say Smash works with it. Yeah you have the gamecube controller which a lot of Smash competitive people will cry about if it's not supported. But what do we just tap the screen to button mash? I dunno.

Honestly I just want to see the handheld side of this since I want Pokemon still lol.

Well smash the c-stick (right stick) worked as shortcuts for attacks which I suppose they would be tweaked for more functionality. I can see the game creatin the buttons needed somewhere for attack and jumps and the scrolling triggers can work for shield and dashing in the direction of the scroll. Sure it would be a big change but it can be functional depending how the things react and are tweaked to it.

Delio

Well smash the c-stick (right stick) worked as shortcuts for attacks which I suppose they would be tweaked for more functionality. I can see the game creatin the buttons needed somewhere for attack and jumps and the scrolling triggers can work for shield and dashing in the direction of the scroll. Sure it would be a big change but it can be functional depending how the things react and are tweaked to it.

It could work just feels like a lot of work. But guess we will see.

Kevyt

I actually kind of like the NX controller but only wish it had physical buttons too.

I'm sure given the negative reception Nintendo will change this.

Vazra

It could work just feels like a lot of work. But guess we will see.
You know what would work well on that controller Del?
12033134_918851171566049_2410490780520820635_n.jpg
1917949_918851161566050_6825239550341621602_n.jpg
1511240_918851148232718_3771072449980895704_n.jpg
10399001_918851158232717_1618568803230045358_n.jpg
12376680_918851058232727_1956371738803113648_n.jpg

Never gonna happen tho. *weeps*

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You know what would work well on that controller Del?

Never gonna happen tho. *weeps*

What is this?

EDIT: Seems like Lost Kingdoms. I never thought about the fact that GameCube had two exclusive card-based RPG series. I remember seeing Lost Kingdoms in my local video rental store.

Sibylus

Banned
Dear Pamplemousse,

Being downtrodden and punched down upon isn't a blank cheque for you to do the same to others. I know plenty of people who suffer and make other people suffer. That they suffer doesn't give them license to be the abusers, users, assholes, cynics, and gossips that they are.

Don't become one of those people. This isn't shade, this is a warning for your own sake.

Vazra

What is this?

EDIT: Seems like Lost Kingdoms. I never thought about the fact that GameCube had two exclusive card-based RPG series. I remember seeing Lost Kingdoms in my local video rental store.
Correct Kirby!

I love the game and touch controllers should work fine with it considering tapping on cards wouldnt be hard to handle while still moving the character around. But my personal retexturing project shall do.

I'm watching a let's play of MGS3 because I could never play the game (bad at stealth - but managed the first 2 games regardless).

I was expecting big things because it's hailed as the best one...... wtf.

Now I'm not that far into it yet - but the script is absolutely terrible. Good god it's embarrassing. Am I missing something? What redeems this game so much that everybody loves it so much? I just don't get it so far.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
you know what I'm starting to think that controller is fake... Don't know why :v

Yeah, same. If it's not real, it'll be insane if Nintendo actually makes it to their reveal date without a genuine leak.

Correct Kirby!

I love the game and touch controllers should work fine with it considering tapping on cards wouldnt be hard to handle while still moving the character around. But my personal retexturing project shall do.

You're doing a retexturing project? That's impressive!

Vazra

I'm watching a let's play of MGS3 because I could never play the game (bad at stealth - but managed the first 2 games regardless).

Now I'm not that far into it yet - but the script is absolutely terrible. Good god it's embarrassing. Am I missing something? What redeems this game so much that everybody loves it so much? I just don't get it so far.

It's cheesy but serious at the same time. 3 has the best gameplay and set pieces of the series but I don't find the writing particularly good by any means. Its absurd and over the top throwing a lot of terms trying to sound intelligent but it doesn't land it and end up becoming PS1 cheese levels of scripts. Sure the vocal delivery is better but meh. I'm one of the crazy people who prefer Splinter Cell as stealth games gameplay wise and story wise.

You're doing a retexturing project? That's impressive!
I have a lot of free time and since Im running out of things to watch or do while job hunting it should be fun to try retexturing the game. I already made the HUD look clean which was the main issue for me while emulating it but I wanna see how far I can go with this.

Some people say it's the best but probably most don't. The ending is good and effective and the gameplay is good (or was at the time). Maybe you could play it on an easy difficulty level since there are heaps of settings. That's what I did. How far have you watched?

Kevyt

Running a giant earth map with 43 civs kills my computer on Civilization V.

RIP...

I wish Civ V would get DX12 update. It's terribly optimized by today's standards.

IvorB

It can't be real.

Well who would have thought a company would release a last gen device at the start of a new gen with a cumbersome, low spec tablet as a controller? It happened though.

It's cheesy but serious at the same time. 3 has the best gameplay and set pieces of the series but I don't find the writing particularly good by any means. Its absurd and over the top throwing a lot of terms trying to sound intelligent but it doesn't land it and end up becoming PS1 cheese levels of scripts. Sure the vocal delivery is better but meh. I'm one of the crazy people who prefer Splinter Cell as stealth games gameplay wise and story wise.

Splinter Cell is where it's at for stealth as far as I am concerned. I tried MGS3 but just couldn't gel with it.

Lines like:

Johnson: Her name is The Boss. She's a living legend. During World War II, she
was the one who led us to victory in that war.

It sounds like it was written by a child. Just terrible.

Some people say it's the best but probably most don't. The ending is good and effective and the gameplay is good (or was at the time). Maybe you could play it on an easy difficulty level since there are heaps of settings. That's what I did. How far have you watched?

I never even made it to the ridiculous James Bond opening song on any attempt at playing it. It's partly because I suck at stealth, but also because I'm just not patient enough to persevere. The first 2 games and the sequels made it more bearable with the map and the more structural settings. Being in a forest with no radar/map just kills it for me.

I'm just at the point where Snake has been sent back in after healing in hospital or whatever. I'm enjoying the gameplay parts of the LP but honestly the cutscenes may just kill it for me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Aesthetically, I like the NX controller; Conceptually, I think it's intriguing (digital buttons are horrible for now, but maybe Nintendo has devised an innovation that will make them great? plus, sideways scrolling L+R buttons? What crazy ideas do they have in store there?); Practically, I think it looks about as uncomfortable and un-ergonomic as the PS3 boomerang controller and I absolutely dread holding it for any length of time.

I don't want to pass judgement on it yet, mainly because none of the information is confirmed and even if it was I'd still like to see what Nintendo has in store for it (maybe some revolutionary new idea that will make the NX an all time great system?!), but they certainly have their work cut out for them if it is real.

NO

LMAO

WII X

NINTENDO IS FUCKING DEAD

there's no way they're dumb enough to call it that

SNAAKE EEEAAATTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR

that song rules

_Isaac

If that controller is real, then the thing that would concern me the most is the lack of buttons. The buttons is probably the thing that differentiates consoles/pc the most from mobile gaming. Imagine the horror of playing Smash or Bayonetta using face buttons that are just on the screen. Maybe there are more buttons hidden in the back though. Who knows. Of course this is assuming that leak is real and it's an actual indicator of the approach they're taking with the NX.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
If that controller is real, then the thing that would concern me the most is the lack of buttons. The buttons is probably the thing that differentiates consoles/pc the most from mobile gaming. Imagine the horror of playing Smash or Bayonetta using face buttons that are just on the screen. Maybe there are more buttons hidden in the back though. Who knows. Of course this is assuming that leak is real and it's an actual indicator of the approach they're taking with the NX.

What if all of the buttons are on the underside :() nintendo is a genius

mantidor

If that thing is real Nintendo is really lost, which would be sad.

I really, really doubt its real though, the most I can think of is that its a part of something else, but seriously, being the exact same shape and form as the patent filed screams elaborate fake all over, patents would never give away this kind of details. But congrats to the faker, he did stir up the gaming internet today.

Astral Dog

If that thing is real Nintendo is really lost, which would be sad.

I really, really doubt its real though, the most I can think of is that its a part of something else, but seriously, being the exact same shape and form as the patent filed screams elaborate fake all over, patents would never give away this kind of details. But congrats to the faker, he did stir up the gaming internet today.

It would be funny if it was fake after all.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So North Carolina apparently passed a bill that would prevent local governments from passing LGBT anti-discrimination laws. Reading the Governor's brief post on Facebook about why he passed it makes me consider, once again, how unfairly many people treat trans people. I'm spoilering the text because I found it offensive:

North Carolina Governor said:
Charlotte's ordinance was not only overreaching, it defied common sense and basic norms, allowing a man to use a woman’s bathroom, shower and locker room, for instance.

That's why tonight, I signed bipartisan legislation to stop this breach of privacy and etiquette which was to go into effect April 1.

Anyone have any guesses as to whether LGB people will ever be seen as threats to locker rooms and bathrooms? It always struck me as odd that the concern seems to be sexual assault, but no one ever talks about sex-sex/same-gender attracted people with these bills, who have used and continue to use these facilities. Should we expect separate bathrooms at some point for all the queer people? I wonder if it would blow Pat McCrory's mind to know that there are certainly trans people using their genders' bathrooms every day and no one has cared or noticed.

Kevyt

After almost two years my platonic love texted me.

Well this guy is not really not my platonic love but our relationship is kinda weird. He is three times my senior but somehow I am really attracted to him and he knows that. We dated more than two years ago.

Kind of crazy now that I think about it, but this person is such a great person you can talk to for just about anything. He's a really great conversationist and listener. We talked for almost three hours catching up and stuff.

I am honestly confused. I'm not sure if I like him or admire him or something? I am also not sure if he feels the same. Confusing all around, but he did admit to have feelings for me back then but not sure about now.

Anyways, we talked a lot and its amazing when you can have a really long conversation with someone. It's also as if we were still friends all this last two years we didn't talk and like nothing had ever happened.

Peace and serenity in a conversation with someone you haven't talked to on a long time, especially since things didn't end well. That's refreshing.

So North Carolina apparently passed a bill that would prevent local governments from passing LGBT anti-discrimination laws. Reading the Governor's brief post on Facebook about why he passed it makes me consider, once again, how unfairly many people treat trans* people. I'm spoilering the text because I found it offensive:

Anyone have any guesses as to whether LGB people will ever be seen as threats to locker rooms and bathrooms? It always struck me as odd that the concern seems to be sexual assault, but no one ever talks about sex-sex/same-gender attracted people with these bills, who have used and continue to use these facilities. Should we expect separate bathrooms at some point for all the queer people? I wonder if it would blow Pat McCrory's mind to know that there are certainly trans* people using their genders' bathrooms every day and no one has cared or noticed.
One thing is that homophobia is thought of as not so socially acceptable now in comparison (in these areas), so people stoke transphobia and occasionally biphobia to more easily sell these bills.

Also my understanding is that the asterisk in 'trans*' was made up by a transphobic trans person who used it to mean some trans people aren't true-enough trans people to call themselves transgender. The use got encouraged with people saying it is more inclusive and stuff but it isn't.
I never even made it to the ridiculous James Bond opening song on any attempt at playing it. It's partly because I suck at stealth, but also because I'm just not patient enough to persevere. The first 2 games and the sequels made it more bearable with the map and the more structural settings. Being in a forest with no radar/map just kills it for me.

I'm just at the point where Snake has been sent back in after healing in hospital or whatever. I'm enjoying the gameplay parts of the LP but honestly the cutscenes may just kill it for me.
Yeah, when I heard before release it wouldn't have the soliton radar, I thought I wouldn't like the game. I practically played MGS1 and 2 just looking at the radar.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
One thing is that homophobia is thought of as not so socially acceptable now in comparison (in these areas), so people stoke transphobia and occasionally biphobia to more easily sell these bills.

Also my understanding is that the asterisk in 'trans*' was made up by a transphobic trans person who used it to mean some trans people aren't true-enough trans people to call themselves transgender. The use got encouraged with people saying it is more inclusive and stuff but it isn't.

Really? I used it because a trans friend/acquaintance of mine used it in all of her Facebook posts. It was explained to me (can't remember by whom) as the most inclusive, as you said, and a parallel to computer programming where an asterisk following a prefix would be inclusive of everything with that prefix.

I wonder if my trans friend would now agree with what you said. I also could see this as similar to those "queer is a positive term" vs. "queer is a negative term" arguments that pop up when people from different localities interact on the internet because different terms have different meanings in different regions. Hmm...

I'll edit my post. I apologize to those who know it as a negative term.

Sai-kun

Banned
Wow, I didn't know that about 'trans*'. I guess I always read it as more of a way to be a little lazy instead of typing out 'transmen/transwomen'. That's awful to hear about its real origin/use though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom