• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral Dog

this NX controller shows that Nintendo is keen on trying to reinvent the wheel. they're trying to make shit that "we didn't know we wanted", but after the Wii U fell flat on its face and created a coffin sized hole in the ground, I thought Nintendo would go back in the market of making things we know we want. but I guess they figured out that the best controller is the one thats oval shaped, has a shit battery life, and has no buttons...
Its a bit difficult, they are between the sword and the wall(?) right now, if they make a "traditional" system who is to say people will buy it over the PS4, Xbox ONE, and then their PS4.5s and Xbox ONE and HALF?

Do they want to compete directly directly with MS and Sony? Can they?
Of course i assume MX will try to be more competitive than Wii U was, much more closer to them at least spec wise, but we will see how it goes

Not to change the subject from Nintendoom but my grades were finally posted and I almost got straight A's, of course she'd give me an A-. :(

I was a little worried about two of my grades and I had nothing to worry about. Celebrating tonight at my favorite bar/pub. Next week I start my final quarter to get my BA. I am thinking of the Masters program, but I have a bad feeling if I start it a financial issue that I personally know is in the future will happen before I am done. I know it is happening I just don't know when exactly. I'm totally conflicted on the decision.

DOWN

Banned
I still love the Kardashian Balmain ads tbh
kimye-balmain.jpg

Kim-Kanye-Balmain.jpg

Kim-Kardashian-Kanye-West-Balmain-ad-899x599.jpg

Kylie-Kendall-Jenner-Balmain-Autumn-2015-Ad-Campaign.jpg

The one-two step for Nintendo to fix its woes:

1) Don't peddle a unique control scheme unless it's a revelation, otherwise you're just setting up walls with third parties and eliminating yourself from cross-platform opportunities.

2) Make a system with cutting edge technology because that's what feeds innovation in video games, not just input methods. Developers want a machine that can keep up with their ideas.

Wii U was a literal case study in what not to do, hopefully they learned from those mistakes...

Not to change the subject from Nintendoom but my grades were finally posted and I almost got straight A's, of course she'd give me an A-. :(

I was a little worried about two of my grades and I had nothing to worry about. Celebrating tonight at my favorite bar/pub. Next week I start my final quarter to get my BA. I am thinking of the Masters program, but I have a bad feeling if I start it a financial issue that I personally know is in the future will happen before I am done. I know it is happening I just don't know when exactly. I'm totally conflicted on the decision.

I started working on my master's when I was finishing up my BA; my university had a joint degree program and so I was able to take graduate courses. But I couldn't afford finishing it once I graduated, so I'm definitely just going to finish it later. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to bog yourself down with too much debt before you obtain a steady income. If you're questioning your financial capabilities at the moment, I would suggest holding off for now and pursuing it later.

I have several college friends that are hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt because they started grad school immediately after their undergrad graduation, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Some of you have no vision outside of the typical console space that makes up a PlayStation or Xbox brand. God forbid Nintendo is the one to try something different than give us exactly what the other two makers provide.

But what can I expect from some people in here. Trolling, nothing more. Actual gaming discussion? Laughable.

Nice! What's Tucson like? I'd like to move out of this small town eventually and I was thinking Phoenix or Yuma.

It's very spread out, and it's not your typical city that has tons of tall buildings. It feels very flat, and it doesn't have the atmosphere of your typical city lifestyle. But it's very beautiful here; there are mountains on three sides and there's tons of hiking. I really like it. The University of Arizona is here so there's always something going on. It's a very artsy town, and there are street fairs that go on downtown a few times a month.

I haven't been yet, but I hear Phoenix is tons of fun. I'm definitely going to visit one day. I'm here for long enough, lol.

DOWN

Banned
I don't believe they'll ever use the Wii brand again... Yet Cross does indeed sound like it references the cross lat form initiative they are supposedly moving all their games towards
Some of you have no vision outside of the typical console space that makes up a PlayStation or Xbox brand. God forbid Nintendo is the one to try something different than give us exactly what the other two makers provide.

But what can I expect from some people in here. Trolling, nothing more. Actual gaming discussion? Laughable.
Ok but the Wii U controller was a mistake and the 3D on 3DS is widely unused and DSi was a wreck so I think we're perched for disastrous gimmicks because they haven't worked since Wii motion control a decade ago

Astral Dog

They already used the Cross name in Xenoblade , not even morbid curiosity would make me think Nintendo is staying with the Wii name, at least hope so.

Rayis

Why does Nintendo keep making bad decisions? is like their curse, they revel in it,ever since the N64 when they stuck with cartridges over discs it has been their fatal flaw.

Come on that has to be fake :p Wii Cross? Nobody think Nintendo would be that demented. (After Wii U)
#falsename.
yeah. why the fuck they would carry the "Wii" name is beyond me
and everyone.
I think the "Cross" (X) may be referring to the platform being a console and a portable. and the controller serves as both. I think. I hope.

I like how people are taking everything they've seen at face value as if it's confirmed.

Honestly guys, I expected better from this thread instead of the same old shit that happens on gaming side. Fucking tragic.

RM8

You can't blame us for being mostly worried. If this thing bombs, I doubt Nintendo will keep operating as usual.

It's very spread out, and it's not your typical city that has tons of tall buildings. It feels very flat, and it doesn't have the atmosphere of your typical city lifestyle. But it's very beautiful here; there are mountains on three sides and there's tons of hiking. I really like it. The University of Arizona is here so there's always something going on. It's a very artsy town, and there are street fairs that go on downtown a few times a month.

I haven't been yet, but I hear Phoenix is tons of fun. I'm definitely going to visit one day. I'm here for long enough, lol.
Phoenix is indeed pretty fun, and also really pretty. I've been there quite a few times and I wouldn't mind living there.

Tucson sounds great. Yuma as a city is not really great but when compared to the smaller towns next to it, Yuma is pretty cool. Also there's always jobs there, which my shitty town does not have enough of :/

I mean between Miitomo and Amiibo I think they're sticking to the Wii naming, or at least something with "ii". I just hope they hammer the point in that it's a new standalone system and not an add-on. lol

DOWN

Banned
I like how people are taking everything they've seen at face value as if it's confirmed.

Honestly guys, I expected better from this thread instead of the same old shit that happens on gaming side. Fucking tragic.
We've seen their patent for that exact controller and now Gameinformer confirms they have already heard about the controller not having face buttons. We know they've at least invested in this idea significantly.

RM8

Please be fake, please let these coincidences be coincidences :[ I'm all for Nintendo-crazy ideas, but I prefer when they don't bomb massively, eating huge chunks of Nintendo's money and jeopardizing their existence.

I'm just having fun with everything as it develops. Honestly I doubt Nintendo would use Wii X but that controller looks believable. I mean, obviously when Nintendo talks about the NX it will clear the air and we will know if the controller and that name are real or not but for now I'm just reacting to shit as it unfolds.

first thing i thought when i saw Wii X

latest
I used to watch this show on Nickelodeon back in the day tbh

I'm just having fun with everything as it develops. Honestly I doubt Nintendo would use Wii X but that controller looks believable. I mean, obviously when Nintendo talks about the NX it will clear the air and we will know if the controller and that name are real or not but for now I'm just reacting to shit as it unfolds.

I used to watch this show on Nickelodeon back in the day tbh

Prayers for BD

now i remember where i remember the shape of the controller. i was going to say surf board but it's those foam keychains

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I mean between Miitomo and Amiibo I think they're sticking to the Wii naming, or at least something with "ii". I just hope they hammer the point in that it's a new standalone system and not an add-on. lol

I have nothing against crossing Wii's. :p

But Wii Cross.

It sounds like another addon for the Wii.

Plot twist: NX actually IS an add-on to the Wii. The tagline will be: "Time to dust off your Wiis...for real this time."

---

I believe there was a quote at some point from Nintendo that said that NX was going to be a break from the Wii and DS, but perhaps I'm misremembering. I'm very skeptical they'd use the Wii name again, but I guess we shall see. April-June should be when we get the news.

Who says there's something wrong with innovation? The issue here is that Nintendo is all about innovation while having been lackluster on tons of other things in the past. Sure, they're bringing themselves up to speed, but there's nothing wrong with having an opinion one way or another that is guaranteed to change once we discover what the actual system/controller look like.

I guess it's easier to say that I don't know anything about the NX, but I do know they've dropped the ball on a metric ton of things before, so I don't have to care about innovation. Innovation is fine, but I want system specs and the ability to play games.

3D World, FWIW, is an example of them doing it right. More of that is what I want.

yeah. why the fuck they would carry the "Wii" name is beyond me
and everyone.
I think the "Cross" (X) may be referring to the platform being a console and a portable. and the controller serves as both. I think. I hope.

That I would consider buying. I like mobile console fusion idea. But I carry my phone around not a mobile gaming device. And most of Japan is the same. They should really pair up with apple and make a console that can also hook up with the phone. Phone/console fusion. Games that are "real" on the console and then when you take the data to the phone on the go you get mini games or altered mobile version where you can still progress.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
He we all warmed up to the NX name, after all it would be a good choice :)

I agree.

I'm reconsidering the possibility that the controller is a fake. Either way, I'm amazed at how much time and energy people online give Nintendo, given its lukewarm presence in the mainstream market.

Sai-kun

Banned

it should be mandatory for every post you make about nintendo to also have a picture of all the nintendo shit you own attached to it lmao

Kater

Banned
I agree.

I'm reconsidering the possibility that the controller is a fake. Either way, I'm amazed at how much time and energy people online give Nintendo, given its lukewarm presence in the mainstream market.

Well, Nintendo was always considered one of the three major players for all these years. Them flopping so hard with the Wii U and now all these rumors and photos of the new console has people worried/amused.

Astral Dog

I agree.

People will always give attention to Nintendo at least for their classic series, good or bad,and specially here on the hardcore gaming forums, But lets hope it goes a bit more on the positive side this time, when they finally decide to unveil this NX.
If not we are going to have another generation of people yelling Nintendo to go third party o_O

Meicyn

Gold Member
I refuse to believe that shit is real. There's no way Nintendo could be that stupid. That controller is Sega levels of dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom