• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

So it's my birthday today :). And it's also my boyfriend's birthday. We have the same birthday, funny enough.

And there was some hilarious candle drama (he's 32 today and I'm 24 today)

So my family just decided on 324 LOL!

That's adorable :) Happy birthday to you both!

So it's my birthday today :). And it's also my boyfriend's birthday. We have the same birthday, funny enough.

Happy birthday! Me and my ex also had the same birthday, it can be awesome sometimes. We're still friends though and keep in touch. Hope your birthday is a great one.

Sai-kun

Banned
Telling another human being who is suffering that you hope they have they have another breakdown... 👍🏼

Thank you so much. I won't bring up my issues anymore in here. Clearly, if someone says stupid stuff, that means that they are unworthy of any sympathy.

sis we are all suffering

its called human existence

Kater

Banned
Telling another human being who is suffering that you hope they have they have another breakdown... 👍🏼

Thank you so much. I won't bring up my issues anymore in here. Clearly, if someone says stupid stuff, that means that they are unworthy of any sympathy.
You do nothing to actually deserve any pity. Quite the opposite, really.

8894079.gif

Kevyt

Oh same birthday??

Nice!! And so cute! <3

Dang, you look older than your bf!

jk, :p
But if you told me you both were 24 I would believe it! You two are absolutely adorbs!! :3

Congrats!

\o/

"My dog/self-loathing ate my homework"

Things an appeal for sympathy can do:
-Give some insight into a person's situation.

Things an appeal for sympathy can't do:
-Absolve a person of all personal responsibility.

If you only seem interested in the latter, then sympathy just isn't going to fly. That's not our fault, people are right to resent transparent attempts at being manipulated.

But everyone is trying to get you to look at yourself and not just point fingers and it has proved futile so far, so idk why I'm bothering. That's what you have to contend with, apathy that you're just not worth the effort, because so far that has been true.

Astral Dog

Aww happy birthday!&#127881;
And the same day too? You got double party :)

200w.gif

its the first one i found

Telling another human being who is suffering that you hope they have they have another breakdown... &#128077;&#127996;

I haven't really been paying attention to any controversies surrounding your post history and whatnot, but I think it's important to understand why you don't get much sympathy from people when you say things like this. Going from making offensive comments to immediately asserting your victimhood comes off really dissonant, almost contrived. That's not to say that your feelings aren't real, it's just that whatever sadness you feel doesn't really explain the flippant remarks you've made.

I take it we all want harmony and support in this community and that applies to you and your needs as well, but if you're willing to dish it out as callously as you seem to do, then you also need to understand the backlash. I'm sorry to hear that you are depressed and hope you find the happiness you need.

Pamp, just work on it. I made a comment that I got called out on awhile back. Someone on the thread didn't like it, and called me out on it. Everyone makes mistakes.

Just own it, own the responsibility for it, re-read your post before you hit "submit reply" and you'll have made progress. Put forth effort in that. And if you need help or want to talk, then talk and ask. People will contribute what they can.

Also: no excuses. Own it, accept it, keep moving forward.

All this negativity towards the controller is what Nintendo gets for not speaking about the NX earlier. They could have come out with a direct or something that show-cased the controller and the NX and how it works but now they have to deal with people understandably going "nope" when they see that shit.

so did Laganja Estranja sign in this forum? jesus the drama

I'm glad I bought a PS4, now I know I'll be able to play The Legend of Zelda: Ukelele of Despair in it.

Oh same birthday??

Nice!! And so cute! <3

Dang, you look older than your bf!

jk, :p
But if you told me you both were 24 I would believe it! You two are absolutely adorbs!! :3

Congrats!

\o/
LOL Thanks Seath :) Yeah, I look old and he looks young :'( Sigh.

Aww happy birthday!&#127881;
And the same day too? You got double party :)

200w.gif

its the first one i found

Hahahaha!! <3 Thank you so much!! It's pretty nice to share the day with him! :)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! Soooooo cute!!! :3 Happy birthday!!

rip Nintendo

you'll be missed
you-career-is-dead-o.gif

Hmm, I'll have to go on gaming side and see if there's more context.

The controller looks bad as a controller (actually pretty sleek aesthetically), but I'll wait for the pitch video that shows what they were aiming for. I'm nervous for them, but you never know...

EDIT: Saw the thread. Since it's a devkit, I really hope it's either comfortable on its own or has handles on the consumer version.

If they're releasing a controller without buttons, if they want any third-party support, that probably means we'll get another Wii U Pro Controller situation again. Also, if that's expensive, then does that mean another 1-per-system controller? Or is that the handheld? Huh. This seems like a complete Wii U 2.0 which would be a total illogical mess, so I'll wait for Nintendo to explain it to me. Because I have a hard time believing they doubled down on Wii U.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, is that controller real after all? I want to cry and vomit at the same time.

It's an alleged dev kit picture of something. I say wait until we have a full reveal to shed any tears or vomit. Feel free to do so after Nintendo explains things, though.

It's an alleged dev kit picture of something. I say wait until we have a full reveal to shed any tears or vomit. Feel free to do so after Nintendo explains things, though.

Half of folks will, half of folks won't. Nintendo has pushed their fanbase in so many different directions that there's almost no way to please them all.

How many people here support Nintendo committing to the whole "Mii" thing for another generation? I was hoping they were gonna do away with that but they just released an iOS app using them so I lost confidence in that.

I'm all for digital avatars but they're just so unimaginative... :(

okay but this is good shade too damn

The shade comes from fear, lol

RM8

It's not that I won't buy it, lol. But if the WiiU controller alienated people, I just can't see this doing any better. I too fear this might be Nintendo's last home console. This thing doesn't have buttons. I doubt that will change in the final version, it's simply going to be a really tough sell.

RM8

I hope the console includes a Classic Controller this time. The last two consoles have had classic controllers in addition to the "main" one, but I think having to buy it separately hurts the console.

How many people here support Nintendo committing to the whole "Mii" thing for another generation? I was hoping they were gonna do away with that but they just released an iOS app using them so I lost confidence in that.

I'm all for digital avatars but they're just so unimaginative... :(

The shade comes from fear, lol
aRQCeBB.png

miitomo is great sis

Happy Birthday to both of you! The 324 thing is hilarious - I love it!

Pamp, just work on it. I made a comment that I got called out on awhile back. Someone on the thread didn't like it, and called me out on it. Everyone makes mistakes.

Just own it, own the responsibility for it, re-read your post before you hit "submit reply" and you'll have made progress. Put forth effort in that. And if you need help or want to talk, then talk and ask. People will contribute what they can.

Also: no excuses. Own it, accept it, keep moving forward.

This is a good piece of advice - sadly myself and several others have said almost exactly this numerous times.

Pample if you're not willing to read everyone's comments and re-evaluate your attitude in this forum then you're never going to be accepted and will most likely end up banned.

If you chose to actually take some responsibility for yourself however, you may find there's a place for you here where you can earn back respect, friendship and maybe a place where you can vocalise your issues in a healthy and constructive way.

This community - for all the backlash it's dealt to you - has been insanely forgiving of your completely offensive behaviour. But you should be able to see now that everyone is done. No more chances.

For every one of those comments you make about 'femme's being disgusting' or 'unattractive' - imagine the people that frequent this forum, actively or passively - who feel this confirms their own fears and insecurities about themselves. Who reads your comments and feels bad, cries, or self-harms or worse.

The internet is an amazing place, somewhere communities can form and support each other. I bet it's made a huge difference in so many lives. But people like you damage that - for some people it's damage beyond repair.

Take some responsibility, or get out.

this NX controller shows that Nintendo is keen on trying to reinvent the wheel. they're trying to make shit that "we didn't know we wanted", but after the Wii U fell flat on its face and created a coffin sized hole in the ground, I thought Nintendo would go back in the market of making things we know we want. but I guess they figured out that the best controller is the one thats oval shaped, has a shit battery life, and has no buttons...

this NX controller shows that Nintendo is keen on trying to reinvent the wheel. they're trying to make shit that "we didn't know we wanted", but after the Wii U fell flat on its face and created a coffin sized hole in the ground, I thought Nintendo would go back in the market of making things we know we want. but I guess they figured out that the best controller is the one thats oval shaped, has a shit battery life, and has no buttons...

I'm sayin...

I just want a box that plays games. Good ones, like the first party stuff Nintendo cranks out, as well as third party goodies that you can find on other systems. I look forward to playing Dark Souls III on any system I want, just like I looked forward to playing Bloodborne on just my PS4. But at this point, the first party stuff isn't enough anymore. Yes, they're fantastic, but the price of entry is too high, and lots of the time my WiiU ends up collecting dust.

Give me a strong system, a standard controller (WiiU Pro is baller), and a good account system and we're cool. More gimmick stuff and I just can't. Certainly not in the time that you'd like me to in order to make the system successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom