• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitist1945

Sometimes they do. When you're going to a certain field shit gets expensive. Maybe it's a side thing along with a job. Chaturbate, etc.

I mean, if you can get money that way, I'm not going to tell people to not to do it. Personally, I'd go through basically every avenue (scholarships, grants, jobs, loans) before I did that, and the person/people you're talking about may have. In most cases, I see GoFundMe as excellent for extraordinary or unfair circumstances. I've yet to hear of a GoFundMe that has been a wild succeess that was not of that kind. Typically, college is something you anticipate and plan for and is considered "normal," so I don't know how well most would perceive that ask. But maybe an extra $20 or $50 is good enough, and you don't need a wild success.

I'd be very interested to read an analysis of GoFundMe pages.

I'll understand when I actually go back to school myself haha.

I think I have a date tomorrow night? Not sure if the dude just wants to hang out as friends or not. I don't particularly mind either scenario I guess.

Was just going to go to an arcade/bar type thing.

Anyway he asked for a face pic. Despite me having them on the app we used to chat on.

I sent him one... I fucking hateeeeeeeeeee pictures of myself. Someone pls god help me.

Arcade seems like an awesome first date choice. I wish someone would take me to an arcade LOL! My first date with my boyfriend was gelato.. So I won't complain about that :) nom nom nom.

I feel you tho. I hate sending pictures as well in a scenario like that. I'm sure you look great tho!

Arcade seems like an awesome first date choice. I wish someone would take me to an arcade LOL! My first date with my boyfriend was gelato.. So I won't complain about that :) nom nom nom.

I feel you tho. I hate sending pictures as well in a scenario like that. I'm sure you look great tho!

I dunno how much of an arcade it is, since its more a bar with the gimmick being that they have arcade games. But yeah I think it will be fun. Though maybe I should push for Dave and Busters.

They have a vintage arcade down the street from me. $10 all day and no quarters/tokens. Got lots of arcade classics plus Fix It Felix JR. arcade cabinet. I really should go there one of these days.

Three more weeks left and I graduate with my BA. Thinking either Masters or teaching program. I hate procrastinating.

You seen this gif yet, Seath? Thought of you when I saw it. I really should stop seeing you as a sloth. :p

OP5x98N.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Wait, is that really from Arthur? I hope Sue Ellen shut him down for that shoddy apology. Please tell me Arthur's inability to properly apologize was the plot of the episode and that this wasn't the resolution of the conflict.

Bladenic

Not me feeling fucked up from all the drinks at dinner. I have a feeling I'm gonna be trash city tonight. It's okay I graduated I deserve to get ducked up before reality sets in

Grakl

Well you're missing the point if you think it's about avoiding confrontation, it's about managing your accountability for the situation. Honesty protects you as much as the other person, if you're honest an upset person can't really try to force you to explain yourself, but if you're a coward that might be different. But if you're only thinking about the situation in the most immediate sense then maybe that isn't a priority, which is maybe what I'd expect from people of a certain age.

uh I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying you can't expect it to work

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
who would you say are the best non white gay male LGBT public figures?

What kind of 'best' are you looking for? Most famous, most influential, most admired, strongest advocate, etc. come to mind.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
maybe most well-known i guess

edit: but positive, not negative

so i guess most admired and well-known

I would say someone like Ellen DeGeneres is probably top of the list. There are a few lesbian actresses and comedians (mostly white) that come to mind, but I don't think any of them approach Ellen in terms of admiration and being famous. Ellen Page could be the rising star if she does some big roles.

Having just watched clips from the GLAAD Awards, I'm reminded of Lee Daniels. He seems to be doing a lot of successful projects and The Butler was even presented as Lee Daniels' The Butler, so I think his name is getting up there. He's not there today, but I think he could be in the future. I'm not sure how big Orange is the New Black is these days, but Laverne Cox was quite big for a good amount of time and might still be.

Does Robin Roberts count? She seems to be one of those people who has always been around and is recognizable but never really reached the heights of fame given her career.

I'd mention Caitlyn Jenner, but I think her image is not fully positive. She's very well-known, though, and I think some admire her.

It's late where I am, so I feel like there's at least one obvious person I'm forgetting. I thought of Frank Ocean/Miley Cyrus/Lady Gaga, but all of those people have been kind of quiet recently and/or are seemingly past their peak (praying for LG5). We'll see what their futures hold. EDIT: Amandla Stenberg is another person whose future I'll be watching, but now I think I'm just listing everyone I can think of. Ellen DeGeneres is my overall pick.

Rayis

Watching Eurovision and there is so much trade in that contest, that Mans guy who won last year is bae as fuck, I need to move to Europe.

Went yesterday on a 7th (!!!) date with the guy I'm seeing. First one since we that "the talk" on Monday. It was a bit awkward at first mostly because I still have "I screwed up" in the back of my mind and I didn't know if we could go on as if nothing happened. But it was great, we went out for dinner, yesterday it was 2 years since I moved to Mexico city so it was kind of a special day for me.

I just can't stop thinking about him and it's so hard for me to play it cool and not actually tell him that I can't stop thinking about him. I just want to like spend a whole day with him, laying in bed, doing nothing and being able to kiss him, hold his hand, cuddle with him. I know a big part of it is probably the whole "novelty" thing that will eventually wear off and I do hope it wears off because God knows how much longer can I keep pretending that I'm cool with not being around him as much as I'd want to.

Right now I don't have a lot going on at work but that's going to change very soon and I will be the one who won't have much time to spend with him even if I wanted to. So it's a bit of a sucky situation. I hate that I won't be here for my or his birthday in July. I'm turning 30 so it's kind of a big deal and I will probably be stuck working long hours on a venue.

I really want to see him tonight again even if it's just for a bit.

alvmew

Congrats to all of the graduates and soon to be graduates! I graduated yesterday with my B.A. in Sociology and am moving to UCLA this fall for law school. :3 Pic of me in my graduation suit:

sKkqqPS.jpg

And as a present to myself, I went and got a new tattoo - pardon the cross-post from the tattoos thread here lol:

I went and got my third tattoo (the one on my chest) the other day.

YYjc6Ul.jpg

I got it because I wanted a tattoo to represent the relationship I have with the idea of hope (the swallow being a classic literary symbol for it in general, but for me specifically it reminds me of my favorite poem, which is below) - hope is what keeps my heart beating as even in my worst days, the idea that it will get better someday has kept me going. But it's also stopped my heart before (false hope), hence why it interrupts my heartbeat in the middle, but ultimately I've been able to stand back up and keep going.

"Hope' is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—

And sweetest—in the Gale—is heard—
And sore must be the storm—
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm—

I've heard it in the chillest land—
And on the strangest Sea—
Yet, never, in Extremity,
It asked a crumb—of Me."

- Emily Dickinson

When the top actually knows wtf he's doing.

Bueno.

I know exactly what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom