• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
My boyfriend is 30 and I'm 23 but everyone thinks he is close to my age or younger

Oh also we live together now that I've graduated

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
My boyfriend is 30 and I'm 23 but everyone thinks he is close to my age or younger

Oh also we live together now that I've graduated

Ooooo. Congrats on the move! So how long have you two been together at this point? Did you move into his place?

berzeli

Banned
Did you all hear that an HIV vaccine is being worked on? Here's the press release with the new findings. It's not clear to me what the efficacy of something like this would be, but it seems like progress and that sounds good to me!

I mean they have been working on vaccines ever since HIV was discovered.

Unfortunately, the article (and press release) isn't about a new vaccine being developed. The research is about discovering a part on HIV which a potential future vaccine can target.

This sort of is the John Oliver bit on scientific studies in action.

Zero²

Hi! Nice avatar, love One Piece.
Hey yo! Robin reacting to cute things is one of the best parts of One Piece, dont you think?

Best of luck. :)

Welcome. Want to fill in the IBQ? :)

I should be studying, but why not!
PS: I love to procrastinate

Your gender? Male!
Your sexual orientation? Gay but I like to keep an open mind :p
Where Are You From? Florianópolis, Brazil
Where Do You Live? Florianópolis, Brazil heh
How Old Are you? 21yo as of January
Favorite Type of Music? Ehhhh thats a tough question, I like mostly everything, but favorite I'd say.... Indie Rock?
Profession or Career interest? I'm currently an grad student of Control and Automation Engineering.
Favorite video game(s)? Zelda, Path of Exile, Mario, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Dragoon...
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)? Going to the gym, cooking, and swimming (rarely get the time to swim anymore, or do any hobby besides working out :( )

Plus I have a cute boyfriend, that's 8 years older than me, older guys rule!

lol it might not always be the case but they have their lives sorted out more than I do

i like that they have a car and a job. it just makes me so wet
Haha I know, guess I'm weird. My bf dont have a car and is just now finishing his grad, if anything I'm the more centered one in the relationship.

Unfortunately, the article (and press release) isn't about a new vaccine being developed. The research is about discovering a part on HIV which a potential future vaccine can target.

I remember getting sick of news shows prattling on about that shit back in middle school. Every other week dark chocolate was being revealed as either a super food or a poison.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_o6eymvYheG1qag4jlo1_540.jpg

xD

Zero²;203897830 said:
Hey yo! Robin reacting to cute things is one of the best parts of One Piece, dont you think?
That and her morbid sense of humor.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I didn't realize past attempts had been made, so I shouldn't have treated that part about people working on a vaccine as news. My context for reading the press release was certainly off. I hope my assumption that the focus on this VRC34.01 antibody and fusion peptide site is new is correct. When I said the press release was about the "findings," though, I intended exactly what you wrote. I guess I should have specified what "findings" Inwas referring to and noted that the part about a vaccine being worked on is only a quick mention in the final line.

Yes, I'm very wary of the reporting on scientific studies and know that most studies and "findings" lead to nothing for the average person because that's how science (generalizing a large discipline) works. It's why I like to read the source when possible when it comes to studies (though I was too lazy to track down my Science subscription in this case) or US laws. For example, I saw lots of false conclusions being made when the "bathroom bills" started getting passed that would be dismisses if people read the laws.

Sorry if I misled anyone who didn't click on the press release (or track down the original study)—it certainly wasn't my intent, even if it was the result.

Little update on my "love story". After a great day on Saturday and a day of barely speaking at all (because he was super busy as usual), yesterday it was pretty much the same thing, in fact I didn't get any texts from him after Sunday night, so I sent an "I hope you have a great day" at noon. He said hi, and said he was stressed at work. I told him "I'm sending you good vibes, and kisses and a picture of me just because". No answer for a while so I texted again just asking how's it going at around the time he's supposed to get out of work. He replied "busy, talk to you later".

It bothered me quite a bit, not because he was busy but it was just kind of a rude answer, I saw it as sort of"stop texting me". I do know he was working late but it was around midnight, still no text or anything from him. So I decided to open grindr for the first time in about three weeks (since we started dating) and oh there he was. I told him something like "Oh but you do have time be on grindr" and told him to fuck off. He told me to chill, that he had just gotten home, which I don't doubt but I would wish he would think about texting me instead of talking to horny strangers.

I told him it was clearer now than ever that we're going in opposite directions and we should just stay that way then and that was it. I do feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders because I knew something wasn't quite right. Still I wish it didn't end up this way.

with summer approaching. who ready to go to the beach?

one-piece.jpg

make sure you wear appropriately footwear or you might find yourself toe deep in condoms.

Kater

Banned
with summer approaching. who ready to go to the beach?

one-piece.jpg

make sure you wear appropriately footwear or you might find yourself toe deep in condoms.
With bathing suits like that you'll be having a hard time getting a tan.

I kind of want to go skinny dipping but I'm not sure where along the river here I can go into the water nude without bothering anyone.

mantidor

Damn.

Confession time: shirt ripping was one of the first things that excited me sexually when very, very young, I really didn't understand why.

Of course now I feel it's a bit silly, attraction is really weird.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! He just moved and I was there every day and involved so I guess we both picked it with potential move in on the mind.

Aaaaaah, I'm so excited for you! I actually went "eeeeeeeeeeee!" :)

Damn.

Confession time: shirt ripping was one of the first things that excited me sexually when very, very young, I really didn't understand why.

Of course now I feel it's a bit silly, attraction is really weird.

I'd say you're not alone in having experiences like that and coming to the conclusion "attraction is really weird." At least, I can absolutely relate.

I knew I was into BDSM type stuff when I got typewriter'd by a bunkmater at summer camp and
had to struggle so that he wouldn't feel my rising hardon

From Urban Dictionary:

The act of pinning someone down and jamming your fingers into their collar bone, "typing", and then backhanding them to start a new line on the page. The processes is repeated as many times as desired.

I knew I was into BDSM type stuff when I got typewriter'd by a bunkmater at summer camp and
had to struggle so that he wouldn't feel my rising hardon

From Urban Dictionary:

The act of pinning someone down and jamming your fingers into their collar bone, "typing", and then backhanding them to start a new line on the page. The processes is repeated as many times as desired.
Yeah i was the same way lol.

This article on sexuality being a choice is so myopic and irresponsible that it makes my blood boil. The author is not only utterly blinded by her own self-centeredness and privilege, but uninformed about the basic distinction between internal impulses and external behavior. I was pleased to see the commenters dismantle her nonsense so thoroughly.

But they look so good.

Oops, top of the page. I seriously didn't plan this. Let's see if I can whip up some hunks...

I might have posted a couple of these before, but don't even worry about it. They're worth a second look.

8FPb716l.jpg
LBdaUmV.png

That oughta do it.

Brennan Mejia and Yoshi Sudarso are both miracles of the universe.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Warning: this is really random, but...

DOWN, this cosplayer's face in the Overwatch fan art thread reminded me of the photos you post here:

On a related note, I think the origin version of Soldier: 76 would actually kind of work for you (DOWN) if you (he) ever wanted to cosplay.

Anyone see themselves in the Overwatch cast? Or is there anyone you all want to cosplay as? A lot of the women's designs seem cool, so if I could find a way to pull that off, that'd probably be the route I'd go.

EDIT: Nooooooooo, top of the page. Let me go find some Overwatch art to supplement my already Overwatchy post.

EDIT 2: Stealing from Salarians in that thread:

[source]

EDIT 3: Picked the same picture as Salarians below. Oops. Replaced with a picture stolen from Psychological Intellect:

[source]

Koppai

I had a nice weekend, lots of hot daddies in Dallas to ogle though. Saw Hatsune Miku although we were all the way in the back and also went to the National Videogame Museum!!! I want to run a museum of games lol.

Ugh, I want to lose the spare tire. I have never been to a gym, anyone know any good tricks? I heard it's the hardest part to get rid of. Probably a little NSFW since I'm in my underwear.

http://i.imgur.com/cxNL4Fh.jpg

I really don't like taking my shirt off in public because of that reason but tons of people say that I look hot or whatever too. But sometimes I don't feel that way cuz of my gut.

I had a nice weekend, lots of hot daddies in Dallas to ogle though. Saw Hatsune Miku although we were all the way in the back and also went to the National Videogame Museum!!! I want to run a museum of games lol.

Ugh, I want to lose the spare tire. I have never been to a gym, anyone know any good tricks? I heard it's the hardest part to get rid of. Probably a little NSFW since I'm in my underwear.

I really don't like taking my shirt off in public because of that reason but tons of people say that I look hot or whatever too. But sometimes I don't feel that way cuz of my gut.
There isn't a gut type that lots of people don't love.

Crayons

Banned
I want a boyfriend who will go with me to hell and heaven and back again

Sounds like lyrics to an emo song. Date me?

hey there ;)

I find you incredibly, incredibly attractive.

o///o

I want a boyfriend that expresses affection through making other people feel protected. In return I will admire his competence in doing things :p

Idk, I don't feel like we need to like the same things or read the same books or do grand romantic gestures, I mostly just want to feel like someone competent or that I can rely on is looking out for my interests as a genuine expression of how they feel about me. I'm good at anticipating abstract/general stuff by thinking a lot but I'm basically tuned out of the real world with its real-life crises and train bandits/hijackers and shit so I figure it could be a mutually beneficial relationship if the division of labour could be sliced that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom