• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koppai

I want a boyfriend that expresses affection through making other people feel protected. In return I will admire his competence in doing things :p

Idk, I don't feel like we need to like the same things or read the same books or do grand romantic gestures, I mostly just want to feel like someone competent or that I can rely on is looking out for my interests as a genuine expression of how they feel about me. I'm good at anticipating abstract/general stuff by thinking a lot but I'm basically tuned out of the real world with its real-life crises and train bandits/hijackers and shit so I figure it could be a mutually beneficial relationship if the division of labour could be sliced that way.

Thanks for all the nice comments lol, I should just not give a shit what other people would think...lmao.

As far as things go, me and my husband do not really share the same interests. He is more into TV shows and movies while I am mostly into games and anime. I think if we always liked the same thing we would never learn or experience anything different.

Thanks for all the nice comments lol, I should just not give a shit what other people would think...lmao.

As far as things go, me and my husband do not really share the same interests. He is more into TV shows and movies while I am mostly into games and anime. I think if we always liked the same thing we would never learn or experience anything different.

Yeah I agree. I think people sometimes want someone to talk to about the stuff they're into, and that's fine, but having that be a priority in a romantic relationship doesn't seem very interesting. I used to think I wanted a 'mind-mate' but after talking to a bunch of colleagues and stuff in the past I've realized that over a longer period of time that that sort of thing is kind of boring. I'd rather admire someone for having something that I don't have, and have that be reciprocated.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I agree. I think people sometimes want someone to talk to about the stuff they're into, and that's fine, but having that be a priority in a romantic relationship doesn't seem very interesting. I used to think I wanted a 'mind-mate' but after talking to a bunch of colleagues and stuff in the past I've realized that over a longer period of time that that sort of thing is kind of boring. I'd rather admire someone for having something that I don't have, and have that be reciprocated.

I'm down for this as long as my interests aren't then judged for being different.

Zero²

Yeah, my bf only plays Mario kart and loves soap operas, and I'm the weird one into RPGs and anime/manga...
It works! Though it can get really annoying when deciding what to watch on Netflix haha
We both love penny dreadful tho ;)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't encountered that much since leaving high school, unless your interests are like knitting or something, and then it's just light ribbing.

Yes, I think you can typically count on it to not be a problem.

Golnei

So I need to find someone 6 to 8 years older than me with interests that vaguely overlap with but don't totally align with mine?

Ambitious

There's this one guy I found on OKCupid some time ago.
Extremely cute, hot, and kind. And even better, we've got a match rate of 99%! So I sent him a pretty long message in which I introduced myself and asked him whether he'd like to get to know me too. He replied with an equally long and very positive message. He'd love to get to know me, he said.

However.. he's in a polyamorous relationship. Now, I don't mind this at all because I'm actually interested in the poly lifestyle, but he told me that there's quite a lot going on in his life at the moment (not just because of his partners), so usually he either lacks the time to meet even more people or he's just too exhausted to do so. He warned that he might sometimes not reply in a long time and apologized in advance.

Sure, no problem, I said. Wrote another lengthy response. And.. that's it. It's been seven weeks since his message. Since then, he was online once or maybe twice, but didn't reply.
I'm so bummed out about that. I was extremely excited to meet him, because he seemed like such a perfect match for me, in many ways. Sure, he did warn me that his might happen, so it's still entirely possible that he might reply at some point. But I've kinda lost hope. Seven weeks.. I'm really sad about that.

I was bored, so I just spent an(other) hour reading his OKCupid questions/answers and explanations. This guy's perfect. He's absolutely perfect.

Can't get him out of my head. Fuck. I don't want to let go. I really meant it when I said that he's perfect.

berzeli

Banned
Can't get him out of my head. Fuck. I don't want to let go. I really meant it when I said that he's perfect.

God dammit.
tumblr_m1exthm3ko1rrfeg1o1_500.gif

He isn't perfect.
eeEBA2j.gif

He never was perfect.
tumblr_n62kgo7wzz1tae32wo1_500.gif

You're just seeing him as perfect because you need/want to. No one person is perfect. You clearly like him as a concept, a concept he (nor anyone else) is never ever capable of living up to. He isn't even a real person at this stage, he is an idealised fantasy for you to yearn for.
Q4NE3n1.gif

Does anyone have comprehensive information on 'gay/trans panic' defenses internationally? Saying which regions they are still defenses or where and when they stopped being accepted etc? I see the same really limited information on it copy/pasted.

I am annoyed at this thread for being misleading about it treating it like just a thing in Australia and lots of people responding like that. http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1220862

JCX

We've all been there, but you gotta let him go. If he was perfect, he'd actually reply again. I know it hurts (I went through this most recently about a month ago), but you can't stay hung over on him.

Tuck

God dammit.

He isn't perfect.
eeEBA2j.gif

He never was perfect.

You're just seeing him as perfect because you need/want to. No one person is perfect. You clearly like him as a concept, a concept he (nor anyone else) is never ever capable of living up to. He isn't even a real person at this stage, he is an idealised fantasy for you to yearn for.
Q4NE3n1.gif

Unfortunately this post applies to me as well, though for a slightly different reason.

Ambitious, its hard - I know how you feel. But you gotta move on. Is there a way to hide his profile on OK Cupid so you can't look at it? That might help. Unfortunately POF has no such feature...

Frodo

God dammit.

He isn't perfect.
eeEBA2j.gif

He never was perfect.

Q4NE3n1.gif

I LOVE YOU!
Great post!

Anyway, not me having a erotic dream about a girl I dated years ago. She was/is super hot and probably the best kisser I ever have the pleasure to kiss. I kind of woke up wishing it was true (meaning: I wish it were true). And just to be clear, although I do have some bisexual tendencies from time to time, I identify as gay.

Unfortunately this post applies to me as well, though for a slightly different reason.

Ambitious, its hard - I know how you feel. But you gotta move on. Is there a way to hide his profile on OK Cupid so you can't look at it? That might help. Unfortunately POF has no such feature...
Hi, Ratchet! Welcome.

Do you want to fill in the IBQ (Ice Breaker Questionnaire)?
Your gender?
Your sexual orientation?
Where Are You From?
Where Do You Live?
How Old Are you?
Favorite Type of Music?
Profession or Career interest?
Favorite video game(s)?
What are your hobbies (other than gaming)?

Anyway, not me having a erotic dream about a girl I dated years ago. She was/is super hot and probably the best kisser I ever have the pleasure to kiss. I kind of woke up wishing it was true (meaning: I wish it were true). And just to be clear, although I do have some bisexual tendencies from time to time, I identify as gay.
Hopefully this is fun and not a cause of any stress. :)

Ambitious

God dammit.

He isn't perfect.
eeEBA2j.gif

He never was perfect.

Q4NE3n1.gif

Indeed he is.
Yeah, I know you're right. You, and the others who replied.

Vazduh

God dammit.

He isn't perfect.

He never was perfect.

I feel this needs to be printed on a poster and hung on many walls.

IvorB

Ugh, I want to lose the spare tire. I have never been to a gym, anyone know any good tricks? I heard it's the hardest part to get rid of. Probably a little NSFW since I'm in my underwear.

http://i.imgur.com/cxNL4Fh.jpg

I really don't like taking my shirt off in public because of that reason but tons of people say that I look hot or whatever too. But sometimes I don't feel that way cuz of my gut.

You cannot spot-reduce fat. Your genetics will decide where to burn fat from so the only thing you can do is burn overall fat ideally through cardio and eventually your body will get around to using fat from that area. There is no trick to it unfortunately. Building more muscle will speed up fat burning and also balance things out a bit more.

Dany

Banned
When your neurotic, anxiety prone, crying session prone classmate won't shut the fuck up about assignments, her ex from six months ago, and her disenfranchised time to do homework, yet albeit with no job. So you go off on their behavior Towards you and how they are consistently belittling, maligning and offending you and everyone, but are too afraid to say anything to them because They will turn the tides back on to you and make you out to be the bad person.

CfIzPw5WQAAvUh3.jpg

You cannot spot-reduce fat. Your genetics will decide where to burn fat from so the only thing you can do is burn overall fat ideally through cardio and eventually your body will get around to using fat from that area. There is no trick to it unfortunately. Building more muscle will speed up fat burning and also balance things out a bit more.

You can spot reduce fat with this one weird trick discovered by a mom.

Simply pinch as much as the fat together as possible, and use elastration. The tied off fat/skin will turn necrotic in just a week's time and simply fall off the body leaving a mild gaping flesh wound that you can then get a surgeon to stitch up for you.

3phemeral

Truth. Only way to remove fat is to remove overall body-fat percentage and that comes with a healthy diet (assuming you're consistently working out). You should head on over to the FitGAF thread and read the OP for useful info.

Monocle

Ooh a top of the page at last. What's the above pic from? It should be my new hobby...
Not sure tbh, it's just floating around Tumblr. Google image search might help you.

Not sure, I just happened to see that gif when I went to imgur to upload the other pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNOZCoBFqg

LOL googling "how to plank with cat" and this was the suggested youtube video.
Lol nice.

Brennan Mejia and Yoshi Sudarso are both miracles of the universe.
Yes they are.

It seems Yoshi is all about shirtless mirror selfies, and taking shirtless mirror selfies with his fit friends. There's a lot to like on his Instagram.

3phemeral

how do i use a ps3 controller on pc

all the tutorials online are outdated and confusing

Speaking of controllers...

I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas and I can't get my right trigger button to select any body targets. RT usually just exits VATS but I'll randomly be able to activate a shot on the selected target. I can't queue up shots at all and there doesn't seem to be any help other than a few random posts that mention the same thing with no solution.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom