• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

ive only crushed on two guys, don't think either one is strictly hetero even though its just my gaydar telling me. i don't really have feelings towards people i know are straight
doesn't mean i don't think about fucking them though

Is it the brothers you told us whose booty you thirst about?

:p

Elitist1945

ive only crushed on two guys, don't think either one is strictly hetero even though its just my gaydar telling me. i don't really have feelings towards people i know are straight
doesn't mean i don't think about fucking them though

My problem is even though I know someone is straight, I'll develop massive feelings for them even though I don't want to and it sucks lol.

Astral Dog

Ah high school crushes, i remember giving him chocolates in class , it was as akward as it sounds! He was really handsome and a very nice guy i even got a bit jealous once, of his girlfriend when i found they were dating.

Elementary school crush was a cutie with a very cheerful smile and i got to be his best friend when he was new!

But yeah, not really worth it to like a normal person

daripad

Now that the subject has been brought up, why do some guys not like flowers? I think they're a cute gift when you fancy someone and you're dating but you're not officially a couple. What do you think?

Kevyt

Ah high school crushes, i remember giving him chocolates in class , it was as akward as it sounds! He was really handsome and a very nice guy i even got a bit jealous once, of his girlfriend when i found they were dating.

Elementary school crush was a cutie with a very cheerful smile and i got to be his best friend when he was new!

But yeah, not really worth it to like a normal person

Story time!

How did you give him the chocolates and what was his reaction?

This is why I can't befriend straight guys. Ever. I always develop feelings for them. Well, unless they're hideous.

Same.

I think the young ones will stop having straight crushes after they have a "real" connection with another gay person. There is a big distinction in the quality of the feelings and once you "feel" it you won't mistake it for anything else.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think the young ones will stop having straight crushes after they have a "real" connection with another gay person. There is a big distinction in the quality of the feelings and once you "feel" it you won't mistake it for anything else.

Huh. Reflecting on my own experiences, I think you might be right about this. Or at least, the problem of crushing on straight guys has steadily gotten smaller and smaller since coming out and meeting more gay guys.

Dany

Banned
12671842_955697581152669_8568681779471010845_o.jpg

Bby and I today. Amazing day

Kevyt

Not at all.

you can have deep meaningful connections with straight guys even after the same has happened with other gay/bi/pan non straight guys.

That is especially true if most of your friends are straight.

Now that the subject has been brought up, why do some guys not like flowers? I think they're a cute gift when you fancy someone and you're dating but you're not officially a couple. What do you think?
For me in general I dislike getting things from others but prefer giving.

Veeboy

I mean, it depends on the guy. Some guys don't like it because flowers are typically a feminine symbol (not a great reason, but its there). Some guys do like flowers.

I don't really like the idea of flowers as gifts (although I do love to take pictures of flowers) since they just sit there until they die. I'm not one for decoration. I prefer chocolate. Its cheaper and I can eat it.

Grakl

Flowers are expensive af and useless unless you really need to decorate a place

Giving a nice plant is much smarter

Astral Dog

Story time!

How did you give him the chocolates and what was his reaction?

Same.
Meh its not really interesting, was a brief thing, we were doing some "give candy,feel good, hug" excercise and i had three bags, as most people gave me their candy (i was newish, only there a few months on that class and shy)
I only thought about giving two at first, but after the girls i got nervous ,ended up giving him the last bag,it was embarrassing as everyone laughed, but was kinda moment of weakness, at least i shocked him.:p
He was just like "me!?"

Huh. Reflecting on my own experiences, I think you might be right about this. Or at least, the problem of crushing on straight guys has steadily gotten smaller and smaller since coming out and meeting more gay guys.

Yeah, I should have clarified that it was the case with me also. I'm not talking about solely sexual experiences per sé, but the connection that happens when someone else is both physically and mentally attracted to you. It's a different quality than the imaginary feelings that are born out of unrequited straight fantasies. At least I think so!

Not at all.

you can have deep meaningful connections with straight guys even after the same has happened with other gay/bi/pan non straight guys.

That is especially true if most of your friends are straight.

Were those deep connections you have with other gay/bi/pan guys romantically reciprocal? Not just great friends. I feel like that's an important distinction.

How are we defining a "crush" here? I define a crush as sexual attraction. You don't stop being sexually attracted to straight men just because you've been with a gay man.

Veeboy

How are we defining a "crush" here? I define a crush as sexual attraction. You don't stop being sexually attracted to straight men just because you've been with a gay man.

I would define it as an emotional attraction likely with physical attraction added on. I've been sexually attracted to a ton of dudes who happen to be straight, but I can only say I've crushed on one.

Elitist1945

Yeah this is how I view "crush". I was more talking about getting emotionally attached to somwone.

I wasn't defining it as sexual attraction - wouldn't that just be people you find hot? Crushes are an infatuation - so it's a sexual attraction combined with a mental fixation.

edit: beaten by Veeboy

Also Dany has the cutest BF.

Pample and I can make that "had the cutest BF" though.
Really? I think Dany is the cuter one imo. Also, you're so sweet. 😘
I would define it as an emotional attraction likely with physical attraction added on. I've been sexually attracted to a ton of dudes who happen to be straight, but I can only say I've crushed on one.
I've never been emotionally attracted to anyone. To me a crush is purely a "wanna bone?" situation.

Really? I think Dany is the cuter one imo. Also, you're so sweet. 😘

I've never been emotionally attracted to anyone. To me a crush is purely a "wanna bone?" situation.

You never answered me btw. Besides sex stuff (or if sex stuff doesn't work out) would you be interested in hanging out non-sexually in Ohio? Do you like board games at all?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Huh, I'd always thought of it as a mix of emotional and sexual, kind of like the first seeds of a potential relationship. For me personally, if it's purely sexual, I'd use a word like "lusting" or "attracted to." Interesting. Using the word in your sense, I think you're right and that not many would say they stopped crushing on straight men.

EDIT: Interestingly, this how my computer dictionary defines it:

a brief but intense infatuation for someone, especially someone unattainable or inappropriate

where "infatuation" is defined it as

an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something

With this definition, in particular with the "unattainable or inappropriate" meaning, I'd say straight men are highly eligible for crushing. :p I still see it as how I defined it above, however, as I think that's how it's used in most of my social circles.

Huh, I'd always thought of it as a mix of emotional and sexual, kind of like the first seeds of a potential relationship. For me personally, if it's purely sexual, I'd use a word like "lusting" or "attracted to." Interesting. Using the word in your sense, I think you're right and that not many would say they stopped crushing on straight men.

Idk I could be wrong, but whenever I've talked about having a crush, I meant it in a "wow I'd trade a pinky finger to be able to sleep with this dude for a couple weeks."

You never answered me btw. Besides sex stuff (or if sex stuff doesn't work out) would you be interested in hanging out non-sexually in Ohio? Do you like board games at all?
Umm, we could play vidya games? So I'm too ugly to bone? You can tell me it's ok.
That's not what a crush is in general tbh.
I guess you guys are right. It just makes me sad bc then I've never had a real crush in my whole my life then, only guys I wanted do. :-/

Found this:

crush
informal
a brief but intense infatuation for someone, especially someone unattainable or inappropriate.
"she did have a crush on Dr. Russell"
synonyms: infatuation, obsession, love, passion; informalpuppy love
"a teenage crush"

That's been my understanding of the word anyhow. I'll be the first to admit though I'm not especially current with popular morphology. ^__________^

Umm, we could play vidya games? So I'm too ugly to bone? You can tell me it's ok./

No. I'd have stopped talking about boning if I found you not to my liking. Trust me, I'm down for some fun time with you. I'm more worried I wont be to your liking. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to hang out even if that ended up being the case.

Veeboy

I guess I always view crushes as a more emotional situation and 'wanna bone' situations as just lust. I lust after half the hot guys I see, but crushes tend to be more long lasting and less purely about looks. The only guys I've ever crushed on weren't even all that conventionally attractive if I'm being honest, but I didn't really care about that.

Actually I guess with that definition of a crush, I did absolutely crush on a straight guy. That college friend I mentioned. I still 100% believe that if he had been gay, I'd be a married man. I really think I loved him.

No. I'd have stopped talking about boning if I found you not to my liking. Trust me, I'm down for some fun time with you. I'm more worried I wont be to your liking. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to hang out even if that ended up being the case.
I'm not picky at all, CB. I like anything with a dong who doesn't look deformed or something.
Actually I guess with that definition of a crush, I did absolutely crush on a straight guy. That college friend I mentioned. I still 100% believe that if he had been gay, I'd be a married man. I really think I loved him.
Sad. 😢

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever really lusted/sexually crushed on someone. I mean, I've certainly found people handsome/hot/attractive, but my mind typically goes to, "What if they were into me and took me on a wonderfully romantic date where hours of conversation slipped by as if it were moments and we got along SOOOO well and then we ended up married???" My first thought has never been "let's just have sex."

But I guess that's why my current identification as demisexual might be a good one. Unless this is normal?

I'm not picky at all, CB. I like anything with a dong who doesn't look deformed or something.

Alas, I've been DQed. Oooooooh well.

You're pretty straight, DP. It worries me.

I'm thin too! You saw. We'll be like two skeletons clacking together.

No.... thinner.

edit: Btw you implied you weren't up for anal because of some physical condition. That's fine, because I don't care much for it. But are you sure you wouldn't be up for being the top? Cause like, I'd try it if you wanted.

But I guess that's why my current identification as demisexual might be a good one. Unless this is normal?

Alas, I've been DQed. Oooooooh well.
What's demisexual? I tried Googling but would rather hear from you directly. Also, I'm sure that you're attractive. 😊
No.... thinner.
Thinner than I am? Do you think it's a problem yourself? Do you have a medical issue?

EDIT- Yes. (To your edit.) lololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom