• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Let ppl enjoy themselves on Valentine's Day." Just not in this thread! Gotcha. 😉

If you want to use the thread as your PM dumping ground for what you're going to do with CB when hooking up, that's fine, but don't get mad when people call you out for it. There is a world of difference between that sorta thing on an open forum and between two people in a relationship in their own room.

Not even sure why I'm bothering tbh. You're stubborn.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
AkNJBJx.gif

If you want to use the thread as your PM dumping ground for what you're going to do with CB when hooking up, that's fine, but don't get mad when people call you out for it. There is a world of difference between that sorta thing on an open forum and between two people in a relationship in their own room.

OvwelR0.gif

Kevyt

The best kind of sex is the kind that no one can hear, with the lights off and in the missionary position. Just gentle rocking motions for no more than five minutes. It's so boring and undetectable that it's the real kinky shit.

Ummm gurl... lol

Speaking from personal experience? :p

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
"Let ppl enjoy themselves on Valentine's Day." Just not in this thread! Gotcha. ��

Pamplemousse, if I may, I think why people were getting a little uncomfortable with the discussion you and CB were having because it was a conversation that no one can really participate in. Anyone can post anything they want in this thread (according to the TOS, of course), but the kinds of posts I think people lean towards are:

1) Questions or concerns that people want advice on. In this case, people are able to respond and assist and support fellow members of the community.
2) Personal updates. I personally like these (can't speak to everyone) because I've been reading posters' opinions and about their lives for long enough that I care about them being happy and want them to be successful. If people are in a tough spot, I can also offer support. In some cases, people ask questions and continue a conversation about these updates, and people jump in at various points in response to new information that is shared.
3) Suggestions or topics related to culture (music, writing, etc.). I think people share this because they think others in here will enjoy their suggestion or might be able to offer some thoughts/commentary.
4) Political topics or cultural events. I think people post about these because they want to hear what others think and solidify their own thoughts.
5) Hot people. I think people post these simply because they liked what they saw and think others will as well. Also, given that many people in this thread have been in environments where they can't freely express such attractions, taking advantage of this opportunity might be therapeutic and a positive experience for them.
6) Jokes/teasing. I think people post these because it's amusing and part of the community banter and bond-building. They can potentially go too far, and in some cases, the post is either ignored or criticized. Like for all of these, it's a balancing act.

(I'm probably missing some categories, so forgive me. I'm typing this quickly.)

Now, not all of these topics continue in productive ways, but generally they are always open to everyone to join in, and anything that doesn't fit into one of these molds tends to die out pretty quickly.

I'd say the conversation you and CB were having fits best into #2. However, the issue that I think people saw was that no one could engage. I mean, I don't think it's my place to comment on or give advice on how you and CB have sex. This exclusivity suggests that the community itself has no place in the conversation, which is probably why private messaging was suggested.

I could see an argument that generally this is similar to when people post about their hookups ("I had this really weird experience last night" or "I don't know how I feel about this act"), but I think those types of posts are inviting commiseration, advice, or affirmation.

Of course, there are some topics shared in here that very few care about, such that maybe the same two or three people will respond to something (perhaps a very specific experience or cultural interest). Some of these I really don't care about. However, such topics are categorically open to anyone participating, even if only a few will. I think, as is, people don't feel that potential for engagement with some aspects of the conversation you and CB were having.

I don't mean this as a criticism—I think anyone can post in here what they want—but I hope this makes it clearer why people are resistant to the conversation that was ongoing.

Also, this was entirely my opinion, so I apologize if I'm misrepresenting anyone in this thread.

EDIT: I hope no one hates me now. :(

Oh, get over yourself. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

Pamplemousse, if I may, I think why people were getting a little uncomfortable with the discussion you and CB were having because it was a conversation that no one can really participate in. Anyone can post anything they want in this thread (according to the TOS, of course), but the kinds of posts I think people lean towards are:

1) Questions or concerns that people want advice on. In this case, people are able to respond and assist and support fellow members of the community.
2) Personal updates. I personally like these (can't speak to everyone) because I've been reading posters' opinions and about their lives for long enough that I care about them being happy and want them to be successful. If people are in a tough spot, I can also offer support. In some cases, people ask questions and continue a conversation about these updates, and people jump in at various points in response to new information that is shared.
3) Suggestions or topics related to culture (music, writing, etc.). I think people share this because they think others in here will enjoy their suggestion or might be able to offer some thoughts/commentary.
4) Political topics or cultural events. I think people post about these because they want to hear what others think and solidify their own thoughts.
5) Hot people. I think people post these simply because they liked what they saw and think others will as well. Also, given that many people in this thread have been in environments where they can't freely express such attractions, taking advantage of this opportunity might be therapeutic and a positive experience for them.
6) Jokes/teasing. I think people post these because it's amusing and part of the community banter and bond-building. They can potentially go too far, and in some cases, the post is either ignored or criticized. Like for all of these, it's a balancing act.

(I'm probably am missing some categories, so forgive me. I'm typing this quickly.)

Now, not all of these topics continue in productive ways, but generally they are always open to everyone to join in, and anything that doesn't fit into one of these molds tends to die out pretty quickly.

I'd say the conversation you and CB were having fits best into #2. However, the issue that I think people saw was that no one could engage. I mean, I don't think it's my place to comment on or give advice on how you and CB have sex. This exclusivity suggests that the community itself has no place in the conversation, which is probably why private messaging was suggested.

I could see an argument that generally this is similar to when people post about their hookups ("I had this really weird experience last night" or "I don't know how I feel about this act"), but I think those types of posts are inviting commiseration, advice, or affirmation.

Of course, there are some topics shared in here that very few care about, such that maybe the same two or three people will respond to something (perhaps a very specific experience or cultural interest). Some of these I really don't care about. However, such topics are categorically open to anyone participating, even if only a few will. I think, as is, people don't feel that potential for engagement with some aspects of the conversation you and CB were having.

I don't mean this as a criticism—I think anyone can post in here what they want—but I hope this makes it clearer why people are resistant to the conversation that was ongoing.
N5SxI0s.gif

(I'm probably am missing some categories, so forgive me. I'm typing this quickly.)

Also, this was entirely my opinion, so I apologize if I'm misrepresenting anyone in this thread.

Very well said. Great post Kirby, as always. :)

Kevyt

(I'm probably missing some categories, so forgive me. I'm typing this quickly.)

You should be a mod! I mean this in a good way. You're so articulate and always contribute beautifully to any conversation.

This is a great post.

I love you Kirby! <3

Kirby for Mod 2016!!!

o/

Eusis

Ah yes, I forgot what meaningful conversation about LGBT issues was going on in this thread before Pample and I decided to have some fun.

Welcome to LGBT studies 101, today we will be covering YASSS SLAY IT QUEEN gifs, and other related gifs.

Actually now that I think about it. Wasn't there a stop on hot women threads on this site? Is this thread fine because we ration out the number of "post about this hot dude" posts? Or simply due to the lack of mod attention community threads receive?
Probably that the women topics can come off as being in poor taste, or sexist, or crossing a line and making the environment hostile to women. There's really zero worry about this forum becoming hostile to men, straight men anyway, unless you guys can somehow turn this overnight into the steel mill in that one episode of the Simpsons, but then I guess that's more hostile to sexually insecure men.

Anyways, I decided to poke in here out of curiosity for the TQIA side of the spectrum, I feel like I probably count as a straight ... Graysexual? Gray asexual? And I haven't spoken on it much but I've been overly fascinated for I think my whole life on stuff that screws with gender, whether it's sex changing or defying gender roles. I may fill out that ice breaker questionnaire later if I feel like it, I have felt like it's time for me to be more open about stuff but there's some stuff I'm still too embarrassed to really talk about.

Probably that the women topics can come off as being in poor taste, or sexist, or crossing a line and making the environment hostile to women. There's really zero worry about this forum becoming hostile to men, straight men anyway, unless you guys can somehow turn this overnight into the steel mill in that one episode of the Simpsons, but then I guess that's more hostile to sexually insecure men.

Anyways, I decided to poke in here out of curiosity for the TIA side of the spectrum, I feel like I probably count as a straight ... Graysexual? Gray asexual? And I haven't spoken on it much but I've been overly fascinated for I think my whole life on stuff that screws with gender, whether it's sex changing or defying gender roles. I may fill out that ice breaker questionnaire later if I feel like it, I have felt like it's time for me to be more open about stuff but there's some stuff I'm still too embarrassed to really talk about.
Welcome. :)

Anyways, I decided to poke in here out of curiosity for the TQIA side of the spectrum, I feel like I probably count as a straight ... Graysexual? Gray asexual? And I haven't spoken on it much but I've been overly fascinated for I think my whole life on stuff that screws with gender, whether it's sex changing or defying gender roles. I may fill out that ice breaker questionnaire later if I feel like it, I have felt like it's time for me to be more open about stuff but there's some stuff I'm still too embarrassed to really talk about.
Hey, welcome :D I think it's great that we're seeing more and more asexuals come into the thread. Hope you stick around :)

Welcome! :D
I hope you enjoy your stay here.
What's a graysexual?

Eusis

Welcome! :D
I hope you enjoy your stay here.
What's a graysexual?
Someone who IS attracted by a sex, but it's weaker as I recall (I think that really may be just gray asexual). That is, I do feel I prefer women greatly, but most of the time it's more I LIKE how they look rather than actively getting aroused and with little desire to actually pursue a relationship. Which might make me an odd fit for the thread but I suppose that's a form of questioning whether it's being normally straight and just overly specific, or really a borderline asexual.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Someone who IS attracted by a sex, but it's weaker as I recall (I think that really may be just gray asexual). That is, I do feel I prefer women greatly, but most of the time it's more I LIKE how they look rather than actively getting aroused and with little desire to actually pursue a relationship.

You can call it graysexual. :) I currently identify as demisexual and am still holding onto the graysexual label, since I see it as being anywhere between sexual and asexual.

Welcome! When you get more comfortable, feel free to share those embarrassing things with us. I bet a lot of us have done or wanted things we were once embarrassed about, so you're in good company.

Eusis

You can call it graysexual. :) I currently identify as demisexual and am still holding onto the graysexual label, since I see it as being anywhere between sexual and asexual.

Welcome! When you get more comfortable, feel free to share those embarrassing things with us. I bet a lot of us have done or wanted things we were once embarrassed about, so you're in good company.
Yeah, thanks. And for anyone curious this is what I quickly found for a Google search on graysexual and I do feel that applies although it gets a bit broad.

For just sexuality: it's partially that I do get embarrassed when people actually talk to me about that, guy talk type stuff like "man check her out" and while I may look and appreciate I feel uncomfortable voicing my opinions there. I guess part of it might be a sense of respect, but perhaps also that I'm not really like THAT, or that I do like seeing them but it's not worthy of talking about in that way?

EDIT: Also this may be me looking into things a lot and all, but I have heard about how gender/sexuality can correlate with finger digit ratio, how significantly longer ring fingers correlate with more testosterone exposure in the womb and closer to equal or longer index fingers can correlate with less testosterone exposure in the womb, and my index fingers do look to be equal if not longer than my ring fingers, so make of that as you will. Hell, it was a genuine surprise to me to find out ring fingers are supposed to be longer.

EDIT: Also this may be me looking into things a lot and all, but I have heard about how gender/sexuality can correlate with finger digit ratio, how significantly longer ring fingers correlate with more testosterone exposure in the womb and closer to equal or longer index fingers can correlate with less testosterone exposure in the womb, and my index fingers do look to be equal if not longer than my ring fingers, so make of that as you will. Hell, it was a genuine surprise to me to find out ring fingers are supposed to be longer.

i have heard of that! not sure how much sexuality has to do with it, but my ring finger is quite a bit longer than my index, IM PUMPED WITH THAT TESTOSTERONE yEEEAAHHH FOOTBALLL

im still homo tho

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, thanks. And for anyone curious this is what I quickly found for a Google search on graysexual and I do feel that applies although it gets a bit broad.

For just sexuality: it's partially that I do get embarrassed when people actually talk to me about that, guy talk type stuff like "man check her out" and while I may look and appreciate I feel uncomfortable voicing my opinions there. I guess part of it might be a sense of respect, but perhaps also that I'm not really like THAT, or that I do like seeing them but it's not worthy of talking about in that way?

Regarding the embarrassment: I see. Well, I'd say that's going to take some introspection. I can think of a few possibilities, but it's up to you to figure out what is true for you. I used to act in a very similar way in the same situations with similar internal reasoning, but my final conclusion certainly isn't necessarily the same as the one you will reach. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "I'm not really like THAT," specifically the "THAT"? I was unclear if you were talking about behavior, sexuality, or something else.

If it means anything to you, my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers. I'm not sure what testosterone levels in the womb are supposed to signify (sexuality?), but I think I ended up with normal or high levels of testosterone and I identify more closely with gay than bi or straight when it comes to my sexual orientation.

I suggest you fill out the IBQ so we have a better idea of who you are. :)

Eusis

Regarding the embarrassment: I see. Well, I'd say that's going to take some introspection. I can think of a few possibilities, but it's up to you to figure out what is true for you. I used to act in a very similar way in the same situations with similar internal reasoning, but my final conclusion certainly isn't necessarily the same as the one you will reach. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "I'm not really like THAT," specifically the "THAT"? I was unclear if you were talking about behavior, sexuality, or something else.

If it means anything to you, my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers. I'm not sure what testosterone levels in the womb are supposed to signify (sexuality?), but I think I ended up with normal or high levels of testosterone and I identify more closely with gay than bi or straight when it comes to my sexual orientation.

I suggest you fill out the IBQ so we have a better idea of who you are. :)
Yeah, I'll fill that out when I'm not on the phone, preferably with my schoolwork squared away. And the "like that" is more I think about... Hmm, that I just don't feel like pointing out girls to other guys that much? There can be an active disconnect with other guys at times I feel, but that's usually specifically when it's something like that. And admittedly I can feel nervous and anxious around BOTH guys and girls, so maybe that is some hint of latent bisexuality, but probably more just social anxiety from being extremely introverted. I did start taking Paxil within the last few months and have been feeling more like opening up again.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'll fill that out when I'm not on the phone, preferably with my schoolwork squared away. And the "like that" is more I think about... Hmm, that I just don't feel like pointing out girls to other guys that much? There can be an active disconnect with other guys at times I feel, but that's usually specifically when it's something like that. And admittedly I can feel nervous and anxious around BOTH guys and girls, so maybe that is some hint of latent bisexuality, but probably more just social anxiety from being extremely introverted. I did start taking Paxil within the last few months and have been feeling more like opening up again.

Depending on your age and stage of life, things might change when you start to hang out with different guys and/or move to a new social environment.

Was your Paxil prescribed by a psychologist or psychiatrist? If so, they could be someone you could talk to in order to better understand your behaviors and psychological responses. If not, talking it out with friends and in places like this might be helpful. As of now, it sounds like you have a lot of uncertainty, so I hope you find some answers.

Welcome again!

'Sup, you beautiful bastards.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. There's a super hot guy at one of my field operations for my job who keeps flirting with me whenever I come there. I'd love nothing more than to fuck the shit outta him, however, I know for a fact that one of my colleagues has a crush on him and is actively trying to court him. I feel really bad about this and it makes things awkward for everyone involved.

I don't wanna be an asshole, but at the same time, I haven't had some good dick in over 3 months and I'm feeling vulnerable. What should I do?

Also, you guys are awesome and I love you all with the burning passion of 10,000 suns.

Okay, I should probably put this bottle of Tito's Vodka down now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I'm in a bit of a pickle. There's a super hot guy at one of my field operations for my job who keeps flirting with me whenever I come there. I'd love nothing more than to fuck the shit outta him, however, I know for a fact that one of my colleagues has a crush on him and is actively trying to court him. I feel really bad about this and it makes things awkward for everyone involved.

I don't wanna be an asshole, but at the same time, I haven't had some good dick in over 3 months and I'm feeling vulnerable. What should I do?

Also, you guys are awesome and I love you all with the burning passion of 10,000 suns.

Hmmm I can easily see your colleague getting bothered if you do something but at the same time have you expressed to your colleague interest on that guy? If so then maybe there won't be much drama about it but at the same time know the interaction might get awkward.

berzeli

Banned

Is he interested in your colleague at all?
Because if he isn't, you're not really being an asshole, your colleague doesn't own super hot guy just because he is into him. If there is nothing between them you're not interfering with that, super hot guy is free to do what he wants either way though.

Depending on how close you are with your colleague you might want to talk to him first.

do it, definitely.

You really think I should? My colleague would hate me for an eternity and a half. After all, he persued him long before I ever met either one of them.

Though their relationship seems to have gotten nowhere, it seems as though I'd be the shady one here. It's not like they don't flirt with each other... I don't know...

Maybe you're right though. But if this guy is flirting with me this much despite the relationship he has with my colleague, maybe that's just how he rolls. I'm not one for monogamy anyway, so I guess I just need to go for it.

Hmmm I can easily see your colleague getting bothered if you do something but at the same time have you expressed to your colleague interest on that guy? If so then maybe there won't be much drama about it but at the same time know the interaction might get awkward.

Is he interested in your colleague at all?
Because if he isn't, you're not really being an asshole, your colleague doesn't own super hot guy just because he is into him. If there is nothing between them you're not interfering with that, super hot guy is free to do what he wants either way though.

Depending on how close you are with your colleague you might want to talk to him first.

They flirt with each other; it's definitely not one sided.

You guys have both given some good advice. I will talk to my colleague first. Not asking for permission, but just to get a better understanding of their relationship and to let him know that I'm interested as well.

You really think I should? My colleague would hate me for an eternity and a half. After all, he persued him long before I ever met either one of them.

Though their relationship seems to have gotten nowhere, it seems as though I'd be the shady one here. It's not like they don't flirt with each other... I don't know...

Maybe you're right though. But if this guy is flirting with me this much despite the relationship he has with my colleague, maybe that's just how he rolls. I'm not one for monogamy anyway, so I guess I just need to go for it.

I do, honestly. Maybe if you want to cover your bases, try see what their relationship is in more depth. Are they a "thing", or does one just have a crush on the other and they flirt? Are you close to your colleague? I'd be thinking if this dude is flirting with you both, and you get there first a guys gotta eat, you know? Especially, if what you're saying is true, that their relationship is stuck in first gear.

I get what you're saying about you being the shady one and your colleague hating you, but if they have no actual thing going, I think do it.

A Single Man is a fantastic film.

The best kind of sex is the kind that no one can hear, with the lights off and in the missionary position. Just gentle rocking motions for no more than five minutes. It's so boring and undetectable that it's the real kinky shit.
Motionless, pitch black, just the tip, two minutes tops; now that's where it's at.

berzeli

Banned
Will do, thanks!.

Not on that list; Carol.

I've talked about it before but holy fuck this film is amazing, there is not a single frame of it I don't adore.
Mara and Blanchett do career best performances, the score is amazing, the cinematography is beyond terrific, the direction and writing is faultless, and I can just go on and on. Shamefully overlooked at award season thus far, but my favourite film of last year. Check out the trailer, and then rush to the cinema if it's still playing there, if not pick it up on whatever home media you prefer.
edit: Apparently it isn't out on blu-ray/DVD yet. So check your local cinema or wait until it gets out on disc in March.

I do, honestly. Maybe if you want to cover your bases, try see what their relationship is in more depth. Are they a "thing", or does one just have a crush on the other and they flirt? Are you close to your colleague? I'd be thinking if this dude is flirting with you both, and you get there first a guys gotta eat, you know? Especially, if what you're saying is true, that their relationship is stuck in first gear.

I get what you're saying about you being the shady one and your colleague hating you, but if they have no actual thing going, I think do it.

A Single Man is a fantastic film.

Yeah, I agree with everything that you're saying, and it honestly does make me feel a little better about it. My colleague and I are close enough that we can have an adult conversation about it, so I'm gonna do that first, but honestly, I'm not sure that him potentially being mad at me would make me change my mind at this point. Now, if I find out that they're actually dating, then I'll just have to move on.

I mainly asked you guys because I wanted to get some outsider perspective, but this was the direction I was already headed in. Thanks for the advice!

Anyway, I haven't seen A Single Man. I'll definitely check it out now, thanks!

Not on that list; Carol.

I've talked about it before but holy fuck this film is amazing, there is not a single frame of it I don't adore.
Mara and Blanchett do career best performances, the score is amazing, the cinematography is beyond terrific, the direction and writing is faultless, and I can just go on and on. Shamefully overlooked at award season thus far, but my favourite film of last year. Check out the trailer, and then rush to the cinema if it's still playing there, if not pick it up on whatever home media you prefer.
edit: Apparently it isn't out on blu-ray/DVD yet. So check your local cinema or wait until it gets out on disc in March.

Beautiful Thing. Probably my favorite gay movie ever, had a huge impact on me as a gay teenager. Plus, the soundtrack is amazing.

Thanks so much, guys! I'll be watching these as well.

charmed699

Neo Member
Beautiful Thing. Probably my favorite gay movie ever, had a huge impact on me as a gay teenager. Plus, the soundtrack is amazing.

Read the summary and it seems like the sort of film that I would watch. I can relate to a shy teenager who isn't too sure about his sexuality. Thank you. I'll add it to my list of films to watch.

Bladenic

Tbh I still don't know why pamplemousse getting dragged. But anyway

I hooked up with someone yesterday and it was awful and I felt gross and sad afterward &#128514;&#128514;&#128514; terrible decision. Like I don't even want to hook up ever again so the fact that I did yesterday makes me really hypocritical RIP

Tbh I still don't know why pamplemousse getting dragged. But anyway

I hooked up with someone yesterday and it was awful and I felt gross and sad afterward &#128514;&#128514;&#128514; terrible decision. Like I don't even want to hook up ever again so the fact that I did yesterday makes me really hypocritical RIP

It's not really hypocritical if you don't want to repeat what you feel to be a mistake from the past. That's just learning from your mistakes. Although not wanting to ever hook up again is a bit extreme.

Anyway, do you mind sharing what happened? I'm kinda curious about the 'awful' and 'gross' parts :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom