• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero²

Tbh I'm kind of annoyed by people who go looking for friends on these sites - especially POF and OkCupid. They're dtating sites. That is their purpose. Its fucking annoying talking to someone, getting your hopes up only to be hit with "Oh yeah I didn't tell you this, but I'm on this dating site looking for friends."

I suppose the lesson is: keep your expectations low and never try.
Well as I said I never used any of these, partly because I always prefer meeting people irl for this kind of thing. Chat rooms were mostly used for sex, and I did used it for sex, but we always find someone that "man I dont want to bang you, but dont you want to go eat pizza or something?".
We are not in the same boat though, so I can understand your frustration. I can give you the same advice that I give to my girlfriends, just have fun man, if you and the other guy are having fun together, the chances of you two falling in love is always bigger than just plain old date.
Personally I find dates to be reallllly awkward, but that might just be leftovers from when I was straight haha
I hate when dudes literally just want sex but beat around the fucking bush. It just makes them come off as creepy imo.
Ha! Being straight to the point is exactly what made my bf fall in love with me. Thinking about it now, I was crazy to be so forward, specially when we are talking about chat rooms with creepy dudes lurking, but it all ended well thankfully!

But there are rituals and motions that need to take place in order for people to feel at all good about it.
/s

This dude (not the one I mentioned before in the thread), basically does this routine:

"Hey what's up?"

"Nm, u?"

"Oh just sitting at home alone, bored out of my mind."

Yeah, I can take the hint. Why not suggest something to do if your intention isn't just pure sex? Or just state what you want?

Crayons

Banned
yeah i just don't really have that much friends to do stuff with and even if I hang out with the ones I have one day the next day I'm already incredibly bored.

I tried shiny hunting in Pokemon as a distraction but it's too time consuming with little results and it pissed me off lol.

i'll try getting into new music during the summer, I'm kind of tired of the current music I listen to so we'll see how that goes. Thanks for the tips Vazra <3

I'm about to go for a walk tbh

do you play Civ V

I love playing Civ V because I can start playing it and then what do you know it's three days later and I haevnt slept

JCX

This dude (not the one I mentioned before in the thread), basically does this routine:

"Hey what's up?"

"Nm, u?"

Yeah, I can take the hint. Why not suggest something to do if your intention isn't just pure sex? Or just state what you want?

That's always been weird to me too, but I don't think there is a socially-acceptable middle ground. All mine are either "i'm bored. . . " or "PHOTO RECEIVED PHOTO RECEIVED PHOTO RECEIVED wanna fuck me?"

Tuck

^Agreed.

"Hey what's up?"

"Nm, u?"

Lol I've been on the receiving end of this. Definitely worthy of an eye roll.

Crayons

Banned
That's always been weird to me too, but I don't think there is a socially-acceptable middle ground. All mine are either "i'm bored. . . " or "PHOTO RECEIVED PHOTO RECEIVED PHOTO RECEIVED wanna fuck me?"

yup. we've all been there.

KmA

... Ok I feel personally attacked right now because if the guy is hot I literally do not care what they say we will have sex if we're both interested lmao.

I have no morals

Haha. "Oh, a DCU fan? I don't know about us getting along, but you're a highly attractive individual and I'd like you to do naked things to me."

I'm going to be stuck in my own head all day thinking of stuff like this.

Man, FFXII PS4 looks so pretty but I do not have it in me to endure that game a 2nd time.

I'm gonna sit it out, and hope it does well enough for SE to make a Basch x Balthear spin-off.

I kinda feel the same way, I guess I'll find out once it's actually in my hands. I loved that game to pieces, but I only played it through once - so I'll probably be able to go through it again.

You guys are too critical and annoyed over trivial grindr talk. My friends bitch about it all the time as well. And it seems as though depending on the mood of said friends, the preferred grindr talk changes anyway (i.e.: are they horny or not, and does the message come from someone they're interested in or not). So it's just as much ourselves, as the people who send messages to us.

"hey...how are you...I'm fine...little bored...at home...whatya doing...."

to me is just as acceptable as

"hey, wanna have sex?"

Most of the time both have the same intent, it's just a different approach. If you want to get straight to the point, why don't you just say "wanna have sex?" when the other is tiptoeing around it?

I will never fault a guy for first introducing himself instead of just shouting sex or throwing dickpics around. I myself am much less likely to post racy pics when the first thing they say is "dick pic?" instead of "hello".

Also it's not unheard of that people truly want to chat for a while, meet up for a non-sex date, .... before fucking around. If that's not your thing, you can make up your mind if after 20 messages back and forth you're still not in each others pants.

Personally, it also differs from time to time what I want on Grindr. Do I want quick sex now, or do I want to chat and be convinced/turned on to meet up, or do I let the other person decide on what we do, ...

KmA

I agree with everything your saying except posting racy photos immediately... I always try to get consent first before I send anything and I generally don't appreciate getting bombarded with photos I didn't ask for.

You guys are too critical and annoyed over trivial grindr talk. My friends bitch about it all the time as well. And it seems as though depending on the mood of said friends, the preferred grindr talk changes anyway (i.e.: are they horny or not, and does the message come from someone they're interested in or not). So it's just as much ourselves, as the people who send messages to us.

to me is just as acceptable as

"hey, wanna have sex?"

Most of the time both have the same intent, it's just a different approach.

I will never fault a guy for first introducing himself instead of just shouting sex or throwing dickpics around. I myself am much less likely to post racy pics when the first thing they say is "dick pic?" instead of "hello".

Also it's not unheard of that people truly want to chat for a while, meet up for a non-sex date, .... before fucking around. If that's not your thing, you can make up your mind if after 20 messages back and forth you're still not in each others pants.

Personally, it also differs from time to time what I want on Grindr. Do I want quick sex now, or do I want to chat and be convinced/turned on to meet up, or do I let the other person decide on what we do, ...

I feel like you're criticizing something I didn't do.

I have no problem with dudes that genuinely want to chat first. I have a problem with a dude pussyfooting around.

is fine. But if that's all the dude is sending when he clearly actually gives 0 fucks about conversation?

I personally am not a fan of instant "send pix plsssss". That isn't what I'm looking for. So it annoys me when a dude basically spends X messages trying to butter you up when all he really wanted at the start was "send pix plsssss".

DOWN

Banned
The owner of Twinkies bought the Playboy mansion and due to my current status I can't let the people know

Too critical when a dude beats around the bush half assing a conversation when he just wants dick/pics? sure lol.

And I think it's a bit unfair to simply assume a person wants the same things the other guy does. I don't see the point in even trying if it goes nowhere on a basic level.

I can't imagine being offset by someone making small talk with a little "get to know you but not too much because we both know what we're here for" chat, but it's situational.

Sometimes you just want to scratch that itch, and ain't nothin' wrong with wanting someone to be forthright with it.

I say this like I've ever used a hookup/dating app ever, or like I ever will since...y'know...married before they were a thing.

That's actually a question I'd ask folks that have experience in that world...is it just night and day between "then" and "now" for getting together with someone?

I can't imagine being offset by someone making small talk with a little "get to know you but not too much because we both know what we're here for" chat, but it's situational.

Sometimes you just want to scratch that itch, and ain't nothin' wrong with wanting someone to be forthright with it.

I say this like I've ever used a hookup/dating app ever, or like I ever will since...y'know...married before they were a thing.

That's actually a question I'd ask folks that have experience in that world...is it just night and day between "then" and "now" for getting together with someone?

I suppose that's the thing. I'm not talking about Grindr. "We both know what we're here for" doesn't apply.

Kevyt

6661093fab924449c4a9e4e3094c1a49.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Poly so it's not 1:1, but it's safe to say the commitment is no less serious than wedded for life. I couldn't be happier. She's a dream and I'm living it.
dac15_blush.gif

WOOOOO!!!! &#128515; Congratulations!

What even the fuck....

Dude on this app (meetme) asks me (via app) if I want to text via phone. Whythehellnot.jpg

He texts me. Later on asks for pix of me (doesn't mention sexual).

I say I have some on the app.

"Oh I don't really use that app much"

dafuq?

Elitist1945

Haven't really been feeling myself lately and I can't come up with an explanation for why that may be. I'm thinking I may go see my doctor and talk about the possibly of Anti-Depressants. I know nothing about them so I hope they don't have shitty side effects (but thats why I'd go talk to my doctor lol).

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't really been feeling myself lately and I can't come up with an explanation for why that may be. I'm thinking I may go see my doctor and talk about the possibly of Anti-Depressants. I know nothing about them so I hope they don't have shitty side effects (but thats why I'd go talk to my doctor lol).

I'm not sure how the Canadian medical system works, but don't be surprised if they're hesitant to prescribe any drugs that impact your brain. In my experience, typically the route of progress is therapy and then maybe psychopharmaceuticals if it is deemed necessary. Of course, there are many cases where drugs are an early and easily reached step, and medical professionals vary in how they perceive that step.

What even the fuck....

Dude on this app (meetme) asks me (via app) if I want to text via phone. Whythehellnot.jpg

He texts me. Later on asks for pix of me (doesn't mention sexual).

I say I have some on the app.

"Oh I don't really use that app much"

dafuq?

if he's immediately trying to switch totexting, then he probably doesn't use the app that much.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm viewing the US primary results right now, and with 70% reporting, North Dakota has a total number of 259 votes recorded. That's two hundred and fifty-nine votes for 70% of a state's precincts. :O

EDIT: Just realized that ND has a caucus. Perhaps that's why its numbers are so low.

3phemeral

I'm viewing the US primary results right now, and with 70% reporting, North Dakota has a total number of 259 votes recorded. That's two hundred and fifty-nine votes for 70% of a state's precincts. :O

I'm just looking at Google's nifty little table:

8zcQlns.png

They update regularly without needing to manually refresh :) Just leave the tab open in the background and check occasionally.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just looking at Google's nifty little table:

8zcQlns.png

They update regularly without needing to manually refresh :) Just leave the tab open in the background and check occasionally.

Yeah, that's exactly what I do, too. It's been really handy this year.

Tuck

I'm not sure how the Canadian medical system works, but don't be surprised if they're hesitant to prescribe any drugs that impact your brain. In my experience, typically the route of progress is therapy and then maybe psychopharmaceuticals if it is deemed necessary. Of course, there are many cases where drugs are an early and easily reached step, and medical professionals vary in how they perceive that step.

Based on experience - they are not. If you ask, they will give them to you. Its remarkably easy.

That said, I agree that Elitist probably shouldn't jump straight into those meds, for a few reasons.
-They can have severe side effects.
-Once you're on them it takes time to ween off them

But more than that:

When I asked my doctor to be put on meds, he asked me "Do you think this problem is situational, or biological?" In other words, did I want to be on meds as an attempt to save me from my current shitty situation? Or, did I think that i would still feel like shit, even if all the issues in my life went away?

Elitist, I don't know you. But it seems like you're having a rough time situationally. You're lonely, you're debating whether or not to come out, etc. Feeling down because bad things are happening around you doesn't mean you should go on meds. You go on meds when you feel bad even though good things are happening around you.

First thing would be to talk to a therapist and see what they have to say. Just the act of talking could be very helpful. But I think there is something more important than that.

The most valuable lesson I learned in the past twelve months is that if you don't like something about your life, it is up to you to change it. Alongside that, self growth is essential. So I think you really need to make an attempt to go beyond your comfort zone. Join clubs. Meet new people. Find new hobbies. Try to be the best person you can be.

It might be that even after doing that, you still feel like shit. You may feel like shit even though you know deep down you have no reason to. Thats when you go looking for meds. These brain meds are not a temporary fix to a temporary problem, and should not be treated as such. Before you go for them, I'd exhaust all options. You never know where you'll find happiness, until you leap out and grasp out at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom