• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ring on the hand and feeling pretty ecstatic about life
bts_lina.gif

CONGRATS!!!

Kevyt

Based on experience - they are not. If you ask, they will give them to you. Its remarkably easy.

That said, I agree that Elitist probably shouldn't jump straight into those meds, for a few reasons.
-They can have severe side effects.
-Once you're on them it takes time to ween off them

But more than that:

When I asked my doctor to be put on meds, he asked me "Do you think this problem is situational, or biological?" In other words, did I want to be on meds as an attempt to save me from my current shitty situation? Or, did I think that i would still feel like shit, even if all the issues in my life went away?

Elitist, I don't know you. But it seems like you're having a rough time situationally. You're lonely, you're debating whether or not to come out, etc. Feeling down because bad things are happening around you doesn't mean you should go on meds. You go on meds when you feel bad even though good things are happening around you.

First thing would be to talk to a therapist and see what they have to say. Just the act of talking could be very helpful. But I think there is something more important than that.

The most valuable lesson I learned in the past twelve months is that if you don't like something about your life, it is up to you to change it. Alongside that, self growth is essential. So I think you really need to make an attempt to go beyond your comfort zone. Join clubs. Meet new people. Find new hobbies. Try to be the best person you can be.

It might be that even after doing that, you still feel like shit. You may feel like shit even though you know deep down you have no reason to. Thats when you go looking for meds. These brain meds are not a temporary fix to a temporary problem, and should not be treated as such. Before you go for them, I'd exhaust all options. You never know where you'll find happiness, until you leap out and grasp out at it.

This is a great post that I shared to someone else.

Wise words Sir! :)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
When you receive a text from your ex about his plans for the weekend but you no longer care anymore...

cb6887851d.png

:3

Wait. That face...is that...why?

Also, why did your ex text you that? Are you two friends?

all of this delicious bernie sanders drama

apparently the dude is supposed to deliver a speech but an article in which members of his campaign throw him under the bus came out and he hasn't shown up to deliver his speech

gdcYg.gif

Zero²

Haven't really been feeling myself lately and I can't come up with an explanation for why that may be. I'm thinking I may go see my doctor and talk about the possibly of Anti-Depressants. I know nothing about them so I hope they don't have shitty side effects (but thats why I'd go talk to my doctor lol).
I woudnt recommend taking anti-depressants alone, but with a good therapy. Meds dont solve any problem you might be having, they only serve to let you keeping living your life while trying to find and solve what is tormenting you. At least that's how it's for me ...

JCX

Haha. "Oh, a DCU fan? I don't know about us getting along, but you're a highly attractive individual and I'd like you to do naked things to me."

I'm going to be stuck in my own head all day thinking of stuff like this.

I've been in this exact situation.

You guys are too critical and annoyed over trivial grindr talk. My friends bitch about it all the time as well. And it seems as though depending on the mood of said friends, the preferred grindr talk changes anyway (i.e.: are they horny or not, and does the message come from someone they're interested in or not). So it's just as much ourselves, as the people who send messages to us.

"hey...how are you...I'm fine...little bored...at home...whatya doing...."

to me is just as acceptable as

"hey, wanna have sex?"

Most of the time both have the same intent, it's just a different approach. If you want to get straight to the point, why don't you just say "wanna have sex?" when the other is tiptoeing around it?

I will never fault a guy for first introducing himself instead of just shouting sex or throwing dickpics around. I myself am much less likely to post racy pics when the first thing they say is "dick pic?" instead of "hello".

Also it's not unheard of that people truly want to chat for a while, meet up for a non-sex date, .... before fucking around. If that's not your thing, you can make up your mind if after 20 messages back and forth you're still not in each others pants.

Personally, it also differs from time to time what I want on Grindr. Do I want quick sex now, or do I want to chat and be convinced/turned on to meet up, or do I let the other person decide on what we do, ...

I don't mind the coy method. I hate the photo rush. I never want to see those unless I ask, and even then, naked pics don't really do anything for me.

I get the impression that most of the guys on Grindr in my city are just window shopping. I've had a much easier time when visiting other areas.

I don't really get anything out of naked pics either, but at least it's a good signal of what they're looking for. With the coy guys, it's a 99% chance that I'm just going to be chatting for a few days and nothing will ever happen. Text chat with strangers on Grindr isn't my idea of a good time. I have to wonder that if you're looking for friends or dates, aren't there better venues?

Uhhhhhhhh... what the fuck...

so that dude who I mentioned who did the whole "just sitting at home... bored as fuck" pussyfooting around thing?

He just texted me "are you gay?"

Wait what.... so he wasn't pussyfooting around?

Sure. I hate when friends are all positive reinforcement like tell my flaws fuck

Oh I know mine. My eyes are very uneven, with one noticeably higher than the other. Makes my glasses look crooked. Anyway I'll send it eventually. Just gotta transfer it from my phone to my computer to imgur to here.

Kevyt

What's the point of talking about physical flaws???

???

?

Uhhhhhhhh... what the fuck...

so that dude who I mentioned who did the whole "just sitting at home... bored as fuck" pussyfooting around thing?

He just texted me "are you gay?"

Wait what.... so he wasn't pussyfooting around?

Well, are you?

Zero²

PQ2dBdI.jpg

Brilliant under the right light and subtle under most
bts_lina.gif
Wish I got a ring too ;(
Specially one as pretty as this :´(

Oh I know mine. My eyes are very uneven, with one noticeably higher than the other. Makes my glasses look crooked. Anyway I'll send it eventually. Just gotta transfer it from my phone to my computer to imgur to here.
If you wanna send me, just pm! I'll tell you are beautiful on the inside, I promise.
Just nothing racy please :p

Grazzt

Oh god the new trainer in the gym is too hot. I cant focus on my work out whenever he is training nearby.

Just realized I haven't posted in this thread for awhile. How's everyone going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom